• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Accordians need a color tweak (Dark theme)

Necessity4Fun

I'll keep trying, even if I'm not good enough...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I posted a code whose text color was being set up by color: silver; on the container div (big one, that had everything else inside) and someone came to me saying they couldn't read some of the text. Turns out that in the dark theme accordions will revert the text inside them to black unless I set up the color inside it and I had a dark image as a background.

Now, this isn't a big problem for me that has complex codes, but since the reversion is absolute, background or no background, this is going to catch some other users off-guard. It is odd and impractical that text in the dark theme show up black. I've checked past accordion codes and they also present the issue.

EDIT: Okay so, accordions have a default white bg... Makes sense. Still I had a problem where I clicked the accordion and as it slid down the text was silver, and then settled up for black afterwards. And eh, white bg, black text, on dark theme. Seems odd. I'd have prefered to start with a transparent bg and the theme's default text color.

It has been changed from bug report to suggestion tho.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, it looks bad on dark mode, no matter what. Here's what it looks like if we make the background transparent and the colors default.
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 12.47.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-26 at 12.47.28 PM.png

Any substantial change would require a full css redesign. Simply put, it's easier to tell its an accordion in light mode than it does in dark mode. The white bg is annoying for dark mode, but i'd say removing it makes it more difficult to tell that it is an accordion. It looks more like a poorly made table to me.

The CSS can definitely be redesigned, but making it look good while making it still easy to recognize will be difficult.

I'll be honest, it looks bad on dark mode, no matter what. Here's what it looks like if we make the background transparent and the colors default.

Any substantial change would require a full css redesign. Simply put, it's easier to tell its an accordion in light mode than it does in dark mode. The white bg is annoying for dark mode, but i'd say removing it makes it more difficult to tell that it is an accordion. It looks more like a poorly made table to me.

The CSS can definitely be redesigned, but making it look good while making it still easy to recognize will be difficult.
This is... difficult. I get the need for a background, but the fact that the internal accordian color overrides the div setting I had was, I have to say, unexpected and annoying. It doesn't force the color to be anything on the light theme, only on dark theme.

Had someone not let me know, I'd have thought that everything was fine and dandy. It's the fact that a same code acts so differently in-between themes that is so counter-intuitive and impractical...

But if it can't be helped, I guess then that it can't be helped u.u Nothing else to do but to watch out for that in the future.

Just thought I had to call it to attention somehow.
I honestly thought I had ran into a bug when I realized it acted like that >.>

Anyway, thanks for listening~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back