• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Acadia

Neptune_54

Stressed Bisexual
Information about me:
-My name is Andi. I am an extremely friendly and talkative person who uses cute little things like "cx" and "^u^" when I don't know how to end a sentence. I'm extremely awkward and I'm sorry in advance.
-I have a job, my hours are random at best. I'm going back to school in the Fall. This is for fun, it is not my whole life. c:

--

Earth is overpopulated.
It is not an opinion or speculation; It is a fact, an indisputable truth that is killing the planet faster than it could possibly be saved. Resources are becoming scarcer and scarcer, and only the most wealthy can afford to even scrape by. People are dying by the millions each day, and not even a dent has been made. The planet is dying. There is no other possible outcome. There are no fix-alls, or last minute solutions.

This is the reality: Earth is dying, and so is everyone on it.

But, there is faith for humanity yet. No, not space travel. We've tried, and it hasn't turned out well, at all.

Time travel. A parallel branch of time has been discovered, one where Earth has yet to be touched by humanity. With the technology achievements we've made, surviving a world-wide extinction event is possible. Therefor, surviving the Mesozoic Era. That's right: Dinosaurs.

It's not exactly glamorous, but a select few elites, those young and healthy, with transferable skills and valuable assets, quickly obtain the first tickets to to the time-portal.

Day of the departure, an assembly is called for everyone going through, and conditions are revealed to them: There is no return trip, there is no help, and no one will come to save them if things go wrong. Although multiple people back out, more stay, certain that Acadia, as the new world is being called, provides them with a better chance of survival than the one they currently inhabit.

Those who stay are split up into small groups, provided with backpacks of bare essentials and basic survival supplies. Inside the packs are information packets about the fauna and flora, and helpful information. The first group being sent through is prepped, says goodbye to their loved ones, and heads through the portal.

They get through safely.
And, then, it crashes. The portal completely self-destructs, not only trapping the group there, but keeping anyone else from joining them.

Humanity's survival rests on their shoulders. Of course, their first concern is their own survival. Inside their guide books, they find a secret back page, with a map to a mountain, miles and miles away.

A mountain where the conditions will be right for them to open a return portal. The instructions are there, with the supplies they'll need, and though the portal would be crude and unstable, they would be able to return.

Will they survive the journey? Will they decide that staying is better than going back? Will there even be anywhere for them to return to?

--

Acadia is a brand new plot. I realize it has several plot holes, but imagination is key. This is a sci-fi/adventure/drama things, so if that wasn't clear then, I hope it is now. If you're interested after reading the plot, you can follow the character skeleton below and post a character (or two) in the linked character thread. I'll be accepting up to three other people, first come first serve, so post here and let me know if you're interested before you go off to make your character. Before responding, make sure you fit the requirements below:

-Able to type 2+ paragraphs per response
-Able to get along with other roleplayers and solve disputes in a mature and reasonable manner
-Willing to accept that with big decisions regarding plots and characters, majority vote rules
-Willing to accept that with minor decisions and complications, my choice is final.
-Able to avoid god modding
-Recognize that the only character you have ANY and ALL control over is your own. You can not make anyone else's character so anything.
-Be able to use proper grammar and spelling during the roleplay. I don't care about outside of it.
-Be willing to write in third person.
-Be kind and considerate. Express yourself if someone (even myself) does something that upsets you. Discussion is key to roleplays like this.
-Follow the posting order
-Comply to all character restrictions
-Be willing to compromise with others
-Be able to post on your turn within 24 hours of the person ahead of you's post, and give notice if you won't be able to comply with this.

All rules are on a three strikes you're out basis, but the "out" is basically just a conversation with me and then further action. Because I understand that people have lives, if you won't be able to post for 24+ hours, tell us and we'll skip you for that turn. If it will be more than 4 days of absence, the easiest solution is for your character to be separated from the group and return when you do.

Main rule: Be kind, considerate, and play fair.

Other info:
-You character doesn't have to be kind, considerate, or play fair. They can steal, lie, manipulate, and (within reason, or with permission) harm other characters.
-You can have up to two characters. Preferably different genders, although this isn't a requirement.
-Yes, this IS based on Terra Nova.

--

That said, here's the character skeleton:

Name: (First and last)
Nicknames: (Any, even if they don't allow anyone to call them that.)
Sexuality: (No restrictions.)
Physical Appearance: (Face claims and/or descriptions required, realistic only.)
Personality: (Explanations encouraged)
Dislikes: (3-5+)
Biography: (Remember, they're rich. That's not changeable, sorry.)
Skills: (Why were they accepted to travel? Are they doctors? Teachers? Engineers? Ect?)
Other: (Anything else you feel is important to understanding your character that this skeleton may have left out.)

Clean copy:

Name:
Nicknames:
Sexuality:
Physical Appearance:
Biography:
Skills:
Other:

--
Character Page: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/acadia-character-sheets.347910/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back