• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Andrew shook his head, examining his paper. So first meeting the roommates, and then dinner. He thought, humming as he took his bags and went to the dorms.

alosk
Interaction: Steve Freeling Steve Freeling
"oof yeah I can see that being a problem, glad I never had to deal with any weirdos like that unless you count mork.. shes... umm.. yeah..a little bit of a.. issues... anyway" alosk stopped noticing that they had also gotten to there destination "right then.." alosk allowed steve to open the door alosk closing his eyes cringing a bit hoping none of his other demons where there opening them soon after.. none.. none of them where there oh good

Jasmine Hearston
Interaction: Making a social interaction with GrieveWriter GrieveWriter still.

Jasmine froze again similarly to the way she had in the courtyard. Once again, the experiences of her past were arguing with the social knowledge that could possibly lead her to the future. Maybe it was an innocent question that would eventually lead to her roommate being able to be considered a friend, or maybe she was just waiting to call her crazy like all of the girls in her classes back home. Perhaps it would be fine, or it could lead to more of the tears and fear she'd wanted to avoid coming here. It was so easy to answer the girl's question, yet knowing how telling her peers about her power in the past ended up, maybe it really wasn't. She sat there for a minute, pondering what to say. Taking a deep breath, she mustered up the malt of emotions within, and finally declared,

"Plants.....I can communicate with...and manipulate....plants.."

Jasmine almost wanted to clap her hands over her mouth and take it back, but instead, she clenched her fists and nodded in confirmation of what she'd said. She'd taken a risk actually coming here instead of just automatically assuming it was a prank. She'd taken a risk speaking to the plants out loud in the courtyard instead of just saying her fellow students would look at her funny.

One more couldn't hurt, right? Right?

I wonder why he closed his eyes like that. In any case, he heard footsteps. Huh? Someone's behind us. Steve looked behind them to see a boy approaching.
"Um..." Steve was always unsure of how to approach strangers. When in doubt, just say 'hi.' "Hi there. Are you our third roommate?"
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Pirate-King-Kyper Pirate-King-Kyper

Steve Freeling Steve Freeling and Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Andrew nodded, not even looking up from the paper. "Yeah, I'm And- oh. It's you." He said, looking at the same person who scared the shit out of him before. He mentally shook himself after a moment. "Uh, sorry, um, jeez, I'm Andrew or Andrea." He held out his hand.

alosk&mork&Macrim
Interaction: Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Pirate-King-Kyper Pirate-King-Kyper
Macrim was the first to notice the other person rising out form alosk shadow its red eyes apprering as it rose up looking at Andrew it made a small bow and disappeared back alosk turn to face the person now noticing that Macrim had moved “oh hi nice to meet you Andrew I’m alosk” almost as soon as alosk introduced himself mork appeared behind Andrew whispering in the boys ear “hello again nice to see you” alosk sighing in annoyance “and that’s mork..”

Emily Wilks
Interaction: Jasmine ( FoolsErin FoolsErin )
CCnt3QEWgAAlOBd.png
Emily quirked an eyebrow before folding her arms and pushing away from the window. So it seems like she'd been able to guess, or had she? She approached Jasmine with a critical gaze whilst trying to decipher where the television directors were going with this. From everything she knew about her so far, Jasmine's performance was an introverted quiet type. But this was television, reality television at that. Would that be all they'd put her with? Depending on how long the ruse was supposed to last, there'd be no way they could resist roommate drama, it's what the reality tv crowd gorged on. So was it possible this was a front?

Emily smiled a bit as she continued to analyze Jasmine for any kind of tells. As sociable as she was, even Emily wouldn't be able to see through a professional actor, so she'd just keep the idea in her back pocket and roll with it.

Pulling back from Jasmine, Emily turned her attention towards something in the window she'd noticed hadn't been there the first time she came to the room. Arms still crossed, Emily sauntered over to the Marigold no doubt placed there by her roommate.

"Manipulate... and communicate..." she repeated Jasmine's words before peering at the Marigold "With plants?"

She looked at it for several seconds before shrugging and looking to her roommate "Sounds like it'd be one of the most grating powers in a place like this."

She pointed a finger out the window "I mean there's grass and trees everywhere, do ya just not walk on grass? Cuz if you walked on grass and could understand what it's saying then I'm just imagining a chorus of tiny complaints coming from every direction. Does it count if they're not in the ground? Does having vegetable soup become a b-grade horror movie?"

Emily pouted at the thought. Even if this was just TV, the idea of having to listen to a bunch of often inanimate things suddenly start speaking seemed like a pain. One of her band-mates had often spoken about potentially going vegan, pity for the farm animals and the like. Well how would she possibly survive if she had to listen to every nearby plant freaking out? Would fasting just become the norm?

"I mean controlling them sounds kinda cool, I guess. Old-timey druid type stuff." Emily finally walked away from the window and walked back towards Jasmine "Even then I'd prefer the power of the tunes. As someone who's performed before crowds I should know that united voices can speak louder and clearer than anything, but a conflicted chorus is a cacophony of confusion."

She blinked, smirking before snapping her fingers in repeatedly "The confusion, delusion, brought by this illusion will only add more to this conductor's seclusion. Yet-"

Emily paused smirk lessening a bit as a stray thought hit her, "Well, I guess it depends..." she shrugged before she could think too much on it before jerking a thumb to herself "By the way, ya took off before I could pass ya my whole special power or whatever we call 'em. I got the power of music... I guess. Certainly not as intricate as the whole plant shtick. Certainly not as funny as random gender swaps."

Apparently they've met before. Doesn't sound like they're comfortable talking about it, either. Andrew or Andrea, huh? What's the deal with that? Will he transform into a girl when splashed with cold water?
"I'm Steve." With the introductions out of the way, he walked into the room with his belongings before very carefully examining the interior of his backpack. He breathed a sigh of relief. Everything in there is okay. The backpack contained his headphones, his laptop, several Blu-ray discs, soap, toothpaste, and his toothbrush.

Last edited:
Jasmine Hearston
Interaction: Social interaction with GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Jasmine sighed under her breath as Emily spewed out question after question about how annoying her power was. She didn't think she could explain why what she thought was problems weren't quite, and she didn't really want to try. Instead, she just gave a sheepish smile to her roommate and stuttered,

"Um...That's not quite....Well, it's a little hard to explain..."

The reason why Emily hoped she had the power of music was a lot easier to listen to on the other hand. Actually, that sorta explained that freaky mask she'd been cleaning out before. She'd definitely heard of electronic artists and such wearing masks or some other kind of signature accessory on them. Jasmine glanced over to where she'd left it to hang, trying to make heads or tails out of what genre of music she might play in.

"So...um....your mask. Do you um....play in a band? Like, a rock band? Just guessing cause some musicians have signature masks or accessories, and um, I'm...getting rock vibes from that I guess?"

Emily Wilks

CCnt3QEWgAAlOBd.png
Emily was still mulling over the potential drawbacks of Jasmine's power, not noticing her stuttering attempts at an explanation. But once she displayed curiosity over Emily's mask, she glanced towards her roommate with a smirk. Rolling her eyes at the initial assumption, Emily leaned over her bed to pluck the mask from it's spot, "Rock Band huh?"

She gave the mask a little spin before grinning at her, "Is that really the first thing which you think? Is that the water you wanna' drink?"

"Well let me provide a different answer, sweet young speaker." she said without waiting for a reply, pulling the mask on carefully "For you question the place of the Iron Reaper."

Emily held her hands out to her sides and gazed up towards the ceiling before taking a heavy breathe, "Choking on the decay of restriction, blinded by the glory of conviction."

She clenched her fingers and twisted her neck before growling within the confines of her mask, "Unleash the revolution they've been repressing, ignited by a score of Burnt Blessings!"

She placed one hand to her jaw and the other to her forehead before twisting her neck quick enough to produce a loud snapping sound, "Nice tagline, eh?"

She gave a giggle before pulling off her mask, "Nobody would ever believe someone like me to be the gaunt and impassible wall of death itself! But that's kinda the motif that we roll with. The Heavy Metal crowd loves us for our whole revamped Horsemen of the Apocalypse gig, but I'd like to think we've got enough variety to draw in some of the Rock fans. Album number 2 was more rock than metal so I guess you could say we're a sub-genre of metal and rock. I'm not much for the particulars since I do most of the singing, not the instrument stuff."

With practiced ease Emily spun and launched her mask back towards her bed, raising one hand beside before clenching it into a fist pump as she managed to hook her mask back around the bedpost.

Nari stepped cautiously through the gates and looked around in awe. The academy was enormous and beautiful. It was too bad he couldn’t stay out here long enough to explore. He was behind most of the other students, and was almost certainly late. The sight of a girl rushing past sent him into a wave of panic. How late really was he? Are they going to stop him from going in? What will he say to his parents when he goes back? and he quickly straightened up. Nari, grabbing the suitcase he placed on the ground to gawk at the building, barely stopped himself from bolting around the fountain and through the entrance.

Instead, Nari walked at a more brisk pace, and noticed how a lot of water seemed to be outside of the fountain as opposed to inside. Did something, or someone, fall in? Were they pushed? Are there going to be violent students at the academy? He shook the worries from his mind and pressed forward, entering the building and walking up to the reception area. It was a physical strain for him to not stop and stare at the high ceilings and decorated walls.

The woman hadn’t noticed him standing there until he coughed. “Um... excuse me?” Nari spoke in a quiet voice and the receptionist, momentarily surprised, handed over his keycard and lanyard. He looked at them, confused, but thanked her and hurried to his room. He didn’t even mention his name, so how did she know to give him the right keycard? His questions carried him all of the way to his room.

Nari unlocked and slowly pushed the door open, expecting the worst. However, the room revealed only two empty beds. “Are they not in right now?” He crept in slowly before claiming the bed on the left. He dropped both his suitcase and overstuffed backpack on the floor before dropping face first onto the bed with a heavy sigh. “I can just lie here, I guess.” He didn’t move, and could easily be seen as asleep.

Jasmine Heartston
Interaction: Trying to continue a slowly dying social interaction with GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

"Oh...that sounds...really cool.."

Jasmine stated, looking up and giving a small smile to Emily. She awkwardly looked around the dorm room, clearly not knowing what else to talk about. Should she talk about Marie..? No, she wasn't sure she was comfortable discussing that with a complete stranger who could still do a one-eighty and call her crazy. The t-shirt thing she'd walked in on? No, definitely not. Jasmine's gaze settled on various things around her side of the room, trying to find something else to mention to keep the conversation afloat. The plant-loving girl eventually gave a small awkward giggle, muttering,

"Haha...I wish my life was band-level interesting.."

Emily Wilks
CCnt3QEWgAAlOBd.png
"Oh?" Emily asked with a smirk as she turned on her roommate "Is that a fact?"

She didn't even wait for an answer before approaching, sauntering towards Jasmine before folding her arms "Well as your new roommate and dedicated Scholar of Song, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't do everything in my power to fulfill that wish."

She gave a chuckle to herself before leaning closer and putting a hand on Jasmine's shoulder " I'm gettin' kinda stuffy and ya seem kinda stiff, let's go out and do something."

With her baggage situated, there wasn't much she could do here except hang with Jasmine. And when Emily hung with someone, lord knows they'd be doing stuff.

"I had me a walk around the campus at first, but I kinda got distracted by you and the swapper." Emily admitted before nudging Jasmine "Let's get back to that or something, maybe we'll see some other crazy powers to check out and stuff."

Finally pulling away from Jasmine, Emily made her way towards the door and nodded at it before pausing and glancing back to her roommate "Unless of course you've been holding out on me and got some uber cool ideas on how to pass the time, that is."

"Huh?" It wasn't long before Steve noticed. "So I guess either there was some kind of mistake or they expect one of us to sleep on the floor. Huh. It's just as well, I guess. It's not like I have a problem with sleeping on the floor, anyway. It's better than my feet hanging off of the bed because it's too short, at least." It still doesn't make this any less confusing, though.

Last edited:
Nari, after taking an accidental power nap, woke up with a jolt. How long had he been asleep? He better not have missed any ceremonies. There’s only so much he could do wrong before they decide to just kick him him. Nervous, Nari stumbled off the bed... and immediately tripped over the suitcase he placed down earlier. He landed on his hands and knees, producing a decently loud boom.

Nari’s face paled and, for a moment, he couldn’t even breath. Everyone heard that, didn’t they? In just a few moments, the headmaster is going to barge in and throw him out by the collar. Nari them curled up on the ground and tried to regain control of his breathing. After calming down and clearing the negative thoughts from his mind, he stood and sighed. They won’t get rid of him on the first day. If they questioned him, he could explain what happened. Hopefully they won’t ask about the sudden boom.

"Huh?" It wasn't long before Steve noticed. "So I guess either there was some kind of mistake or they expect one of us to sleep on the floor. Huh. It's just as well, I guess. It's not like I have a problem with sleeping on the floor, anyway. It's better than my feet hanging off of the bed because it's too short, at least." It still doesn't make this any less confusing, though.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

"I mean, I guess? Maybe you could ask the lady who gave us our lanyards?" Andrew suggested, looking between them and hoping it was not going to be stuffing three kids in two beds.
Alosk tried to consider what had just happened looking at mork then at Macrim kinda confused at the whole situation “well I mean hey mork you got a spare bed hidden somewhere?” With a nod mork opened up a portal a however some noise distracted the demon she disappeared again... “well that’s just perfect....

Mork
Interaction: CherWiz CherWiz
Mork appeared infront of the boy stumbling around like a idiot and curling up she smiled at him “hey human what are you doing stumbling around like that?”

Interaction(s): Mork ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 )

Just as Nari moved from his curled up position on the floor, he heard a voice. Freezing, he looked up and was suddenly face to face with a girl. He jumped up from his laying position in surprise and narrowly avoided falling over the bag again. How long was she standing there? How did she even get in? Her wording only further confused him. “Human? Are you... not one?” At this kind of school, it was probably common not to be one. Nari was still curious about what exactly she was. “Oh and to answer you... well,” he paused, deciding whether or not to tell the truth. He sighed in defeat, knowing that'll it'll be worse if they find out the truth later. “I fell over that bag.” Pointing at his luggage, Nari felt his cheeks grow a bit warm. "You're not a part of the academy's staff, are you?" Nari still wasn't fully used to how magic really worked. She could be a century old for all he knew.

((I thought I posted this already ;-; ))

1568788160628.png (this is what mork looks like)
Mork
Interaction: CherWiz CherWiz
mork laughed at the boys response. "of course im not human silly, im a demon but i don't look like one now do i?" smiling when he answered her question he pulled Nari up and twirling him around giggling "well i expected that and no im not at all part of the staff im just stuck here thats all"

"right then" alosk said with a nod "well i guess we should all get comfortable?"

Lars walks into the courtyard, looking around at everyone. He realizes he's going to have to do social interaction, but he didn't want to. Instead he walks over to an open place and starts humming. His throat glows pink and he turns away from everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back