• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Academic Starseekers

Kumii

Hydro Dragon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
You may be thinking, "NO! NOT ANOTHER ACADEMY RP." DON'T WORRY... This isn't one. To clarify, a little lore;

The Humans believe expanding their horizons is the only way to keep humanity alive and so they resort to invading different planets, all without much resistance from them. One planet in particular, has been rather difficult in giving up it's rights for the Humans to colonize there. Years pass, and the Humans still don't have the planet, though they did make landfall and set up a fortress, a base where the Humans operate out of. They've not wanted to start a war with this planet, they've simply wanted to let a few humans settle her and start to populate the planet the planet to live in harmony with the native species. The Humans formed the Earthen Imperial Ring or the Earthen Empire for short.

Info
The main race is Human, however if you are a human, you are allied with the Earthen Empire. You can be friends with alien species if they allow you too. Which brings me to the next point, not all alien species have to hate the Humans, you can like 'em or even be curious towards them and even help them establish relations with this planet.

Rules
  • First, I expect you to comply with the following rules.
  • You can create an alien species or human. Though I am putting a limit on the amount of alien races allowed (for balance)
  • Human-like races, like Elves, are considered humans. For the sake of lore, they were insistent on joining the humans in their species expansion so they decided to send some Elves with them. Again there will be a limit (of 2) on Elves allowed. (May expand the limit if by popular demand)
  • Please... follow basic RPN rules... no sexual scenes. I do allow "Fade to black". I also love the implication of sexual reference in the form of joke. Although if it's too obvious, I won't allow it and ask you to rewrite the post.
  • Feel free to ask me anything on the RP, like planet name, planet geography, or planet technology. For the most part, YOU can create the lore on the planet via your species info. I.E. "The Treants are an ancient race on [insert planet name here]. They control the plant growth on the planet and are highly attuned to the nature energy of the world."
  • I expect full posts. At least one paragraph with detail, something other RPers can work with.
  • (Reserve your position below. I'll keep in mind that YOU want it and no-one else. Though if someone else wants it too, I'll have you both battle to the death.)
High Ranking NPC Roles (Played by NPCs)
High Commander
High Advisor
Ambassador
Councilman/Councilwoman

Various Roles (Player Roles, request one if you don't see one you like)
Thief
Resistance (Alien Role)
Smuggler
Cleric/Medic
Citizen

This RP is a create your own story with light story-based events in them from time to time. If this gets enough replies and interested people, I'll make the character sheet soon.

Useful Link
Character Sign-up

Last edited:
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There DONT WORRY... I'll still try to keep the other one alive. You interested in this one?

EDIT: I did my own Interest check :D
GJ man, I knew you could do it!

Sure, been a while since I did anything Sci-Fi esque. I guess... Hm... Alien or human... HMMMM...

Momma told me I could be anything, and I said to her, this is what I said "I wanna be a glowing alien vampire that lives off of stardust and barfs rainbows" - Smartass answer aside, though, being an alien would be super cool. Maybe some sort of merchant that does commerce between the fort and natives? Not sure. Or maybe some sort of smuggler, never done that as a PC before. I dunno, I think I'll wait to see what the character sheets other people submit are. Either way, you can trust me to not take any of the glorious slots, mostly because I like playing side characters.

EDIT: Take it back, I want an elf

Sure, been a while since I did anything Sci-Fi esque. I guess... Hm... Alien or human... HMMMM...

Momma told me I could be anything, and I said to her, this is what I said "I wanna be a glowing alien vampire that lives off of stardust and barfs rainbows" - Smartass answer aside, though, being an alien would be super cool. Maybe some sort of merchant that does commerce between the fort and natives? Not sure. Or maybe some sort of smuggler, never done that as a PC before. I dunno, I think I'll wait to see what the character sheets other people submit are. Either way, you can trust me to not take any of the glorious slots, mostly because I like playing side characters.

Sci-FI fantasy.

I'm gonna adjust the roles abit. To me, they just make excess and unneeded complications.

I wasn't originally going to say anything, but I totally agree.
I made a various roles area so now people can request a role. I also made the roles broad to you can have room for development. The higher roles will now only be played by NPCs.

Would I be able to borrow a toon from my reserves and kinda mold it to this RP? Here's her CS:

265684-90d6ead90dbb1da81beaaf0ff77ff8c8.jpg

Thorn Cliodhna

Basic Information
Name: Thorn Cliodhna
Date of Birth: (TBA)
Race: Mor'kai, Alpha Female wolf demon, which has longevity (long life spans)
Sexuality: Straight
Titles: Princess (former)
Affiliations: None
-Short Description: Daydohbah was a large planet with a breathable atmosphere and temperate climate. (For native races.) It's become liken to Earth only larger. Gravity on this planet is denser due to the planet's size. It's a colonized planet with a tribal government, small population, and not known for much except for producing exceptional fighters.
Prior Affiliations: Dohba
Occupation:Mercenary, Drifter....Varies if she is strapped for funds.

Appearance

Physical Appearance: Her natural form consists of a dark red, black, and grey fur coat that covers the whole of her body. In this form, she has a long tail which have markings down the top; which resemble Japanese characteristics. Her fur also makes swirling and artistic patterns, especially down her chest and abdomen. At the tip of her tail she wears three silver jewelry, bands, which leaves a "tuft" at the end.
Appeared Age: 25
Height/Weight: 5'8"/154
Skin color: Dark red, black, and grey fur coat.
Build: Athletic (due to her daily marital arts training.)
Eye Color: Her natural eye color crimson with black slitted pupils. Since she has shifting abilities, this also can be changed at her whim.
Hair color/style: Thorn's hair is choppy but the overall length reaches to the middle of her back. Her hair natural hair color is white with black under tones and lowlights, but she can change it at her whim. When she fights and trains, she usually places it back into a pony tail so that it stays out of her way.
Fashion: Thorn loves all things leather, particularly if it it’s soft, supple, and black. Her usual garb is a leather biker’s jacket and a corseted halter. Thorn’s pants, also leather, are fitted and skinny with lacing down the sides (complete with silver grommets).
(For an image reference please just ask. I'd be happy to supply one.)
Abnormalities: (TBA)
Tattoos: None
Personality: Thorn is usually carefree, but since she's of demon decent, can be a bit of a spitfire complete with a mild temper. She has a pretty strong code of ethics, i.e. sticking up for the little guy and has very strong protective instincts. Loyal to a fault and very caring.
Base Alignment: Chaotic Good
Abilities and Powers

Thorn can use, and manipulate, demon fire and whatever shadows that are around her. Her race allows her a small amount of healing properties, albeit it takes a night’s rest for her to recover from it. Her demon fire is usually used as a last resort, as she hasn't completely mastered it yet.
Equipment: Thorn prefers hand to hand combat, having learned a Muay Tai variant.
Quirks/Miscellany: She has a habit of biting her lip whenever thinking. If she's really angry, no matter what form she's in, her eyes begin to glow. A habit she's had since childhood and hasn't been able to shake it.
History

Thorn was born as the youngest daughter of the Dohba tribe's Chieftain Cla'du. Her tribe was one of the strongest of the many tribes on her planet; having produced many of the strongest fighters in Daydobah's quadrant. She was a happy and exceptional child, playing and learning the tribes’ martial art of Gji ha bah along with her elder brother, Trajhin.

Years passed and when she turned 200, she was finally ready for the Rite of Passage....only tragedy struck. She and her kinsmen were suddenly attacked by waves of invading humans. The humans struggled with the gravity of the planet. Instead of using close range tactics, they would often stay in their ships and try to destroy villages with weapons from above. Though her people could easily handle them, the sheer number combined with their cowardly tactics, left her people little they could do to stop them. When it looked as if all was at an end, Thorn's brother and father knocked her out, put her and Trajhin on the family's ship, and sent her off world. By the time she awoke and they returned to Daydobah, it was too late. She found her village razed to the ground, the majority of her people either killed or gravely wounded. Thorn fell to her knees at the destruction and began to fall into a stupor of despondency.

Shortly after the battle that destroyed her home, the humans and her people came to a less than peaceful cease fire. But unfortunately, Thorn was still left without a home. Neighboring tribes offered to take them in, which Trajhin accepted. Thorn did not notice that her brother seethed in anger and grief. Months passed as she went through the grief process. One night while she slept, her brother took the family ship and vanished. She felt alone…abandoned and betrayed. Why had he done this? Left her behind? She struggled with feelings of betrayal, from her people and Trajhin. Even with that, Thorn was worried for her brother. She still loved him—he was a part of her soul. The only family that she had left. And so, Thorn was determined to leave Daydohbah. Especially since her brave and proud people had cowed themselves into the cease fire. So, Thorn built her own ship, the Hajeed, from ships wrecked on Daydohbah from the Invasion. Now she has become a drifter…mercenary, following any tale or clue to her brother’s whereabouts. Now she has become a drifter…mercenary, following any tale or clue to her brother’s whereabouts.
Friends: None at the moment
Family: Trajhin (Older Brother), Chieftain Cla’du (Father, deceased), Jaya (Mother, deceased).
Enemies: Humans

Code by @Starfish

Extras:

Dayora (The Cliodhna Family Ship)
Ships AI Nickname: Diah
265709-9a73259c81cb877713ffc77ee4b9ee57.jpg

Also, is there, or will be, a discord server for easy OOC?

Would I be able to borrow a toon from my reserves and kinda mold it to this RP? Here's her CS:

265684-90d6ead90dbb1da81beaaf0ff77ff8c8.jpg

Thorn Cliodhna

Basic Information
Name: Thorn Cliodhna
Date of Birth: (TBA)
Race: Mor'kai, Alpha Female wolf demon, which has longevity (long life spans)
Sexuality: Straight
Titles: Princess (former)
Affiliations: None
-Short Description: Daydohbah was a large planet with a breathable atmosphere and temperate climate. (For native races.) It's become liken to Earth only larger. Gravity on this planet is denser due to the planet's size. It's a colonized planet with a tribal government, small population, and not known for much except for producing exceptional fighters.
Prior Affiliations: Dohba
Occupation:Mercenary, Drifter....Varies if she is strapped for funds.

Appearance

Physical Appearance: Her natural form consists of a dark red, black, and grey fur coat that covers the whole of her body. In this form, she has a long tail which have markings down the top; which resemble Japanese characteristics. Her fur also makes swirling and artistic patterns, especially down her chest and abdomen. At the tip of her tail she wears three silver jewelry, bands, which leaves a "tuft" at the end.
Appeared Age: 25
Height/Weight: 5'8"/154
Skin color: Dark red, black, and grey fur coat.
Build: Athletic (due to her daily marital arts training.)
Eye Color: Her natural eye color crimson with black slitted pupils. Since she has shifting abilities, this also can be changed at her whim.
Hair color/style: Thorn's hair is choppy but the overall length reaches to the middle of her back. Her hair natural hair color is white with black under tones and lowlights, but she can change it at her whim. When she fights and trains, she usually places it back into a pony tail so that it stays out of her way.
Fashion: Thorn loves all things leather, particularly if it it’s soft, supple, and black. Her usual garb is a leather biker’s jacket and a corseted halter. Thorn’s pants, also leather, are fitted and skinny with lacing down the sides (complete with silver grommets).
(For an image reference please just ask. I'd be happy to supply one.)
Abnormalities: (TBA)
Tattoos: None
Personality: Thorn is usually carefree, but since she's of demon decent, can be a bit of a spitfire complete with a mild temper. She has a pretty strong code of ethics, i.e. sticking up for the little guy and has very strong protective instincts. Loyal to a fault and very caring.
Base Alignment: Chaotic Good

Abilities and Powers

Thorn can use, and manipulate, demon fire and whatever shadows that are around her. Her race allows her a small amount of healing properties, albeit it takes a night’s rest for her to recover from it. Her demon fire is usually used as a last resort, as she hasn't completely mastered it yet.
Equipment: Thorn prefers hand to hand combat, having learned a Muay Tai variant.
Quirks/Miscellany: She has a habit of biting her lip whenever thinking. If she's really angry, no matter what form she's in, her eyes begin to glow. A habit she's had since childhood and hasn't been able to shake it.

History

Thorn was born as the youngest daughter of the Dohba tribe's Chieftain Cla'du. Her tribe was one of the strongest of the many tribes on her planet; having produced many of the strongest fighters in Daydobah's quadrant. She was a happy and exceptional child, playing and learning the tribes’ martial art of Gji ha bah along with her elder brother, Trajhin.

Years passed and when she turned 200, she was finally ready for the Rite of Passage....only tragedy struck. She and her kinsmen were suddenly attacked by waves of invading humans. The humans struggled with the gravity of the planet. Instead of using close range tactics, they would often stay in their ships and try to destroy villages with weapons from above. Though her people could easily handle them, the sheer number combined with their cowardly tactics, left her people little they could do to stop them. When it looked as if all was at an end, Thorn's brother and father knocked her out, put her and Trajhin on the family's ship, and sent her off world. By the time she awoke and they returned to Daydobah, it was too late. She found her village razed to the ground, the majority of her people either killed or gravely wounded. Thorn fell to her knees at the destruction and began to fall into a stupor of despondency.

Shortly after the battle that destroyed her home, the humans and her people came to a less than peaceful cease fire. But unfortunately, Thorn was still left without a home. Neighboring tribes offered to take them in, which Trajhin accepted. Thorn did not notice that her brother seethed in anger and grief. Months passed as she went through the grief process. One night while she slept, her brother took the family ship and vanished. She felt alone…abandoned and betrayed. Why had he done this? Left her behind? She struggled with feelings of betrayal, from her people and Trajhin. Even with that, Thorn was worried for her brother. She still loved him—he was a part of her soul. The only family that she had left. And so, Thorn was determined to leave Daydohbah. Especially since her brave and proud people had cowed themselves into the cease fire. So, Thorn built her own ship, the Hajeed, from ships wrecked on Daydohbah from the Invasion. Now she has become a drifter…mercenary, following any tale or clue to her brother’s whereabouts. Now she has become a drifter…mercenary, following any tale or clue to her brother’s whereabouts.
Friends: None at the moment
Family: Trajhin (Older Brother), Chieftain Cla’du (Father, deceased), Jaya (Mother, deceased).
Enemies: Humans

Code by @Starfish

Extras:

Dayora (The Cliodhna Family Ship)
Ships AI Nickname: Diah
265709-9a73259c81cb877713ffc77ee4b9ee57.jpg
The basis is nice but you may have to make adjustments for when I put the CS skeleton up.

Wow, you read quickly lol. Also I figured as much :).
"Read" I call it skimming. Overall though I like the skeleton of it. The main you'll have have to change is the ship. There wont be any ship travel. The only ships in the rp are the Construction vessels that built the Human Base many years back.

I know I read fast, it's a blessing and curse.

"Read" I call it skimming. Overall though I like the skeleton of it. The main you'll have have to change is the ship. There wont be any ship travel. The only ships in the rp are the Construction vessels that built the Human Base many years back.

I know I read fast, it's a blessing and curse.

Ok, so all that waits is the CS. Lemme know what you want tweeked later on. ;-)

Just to clarify, what native race inhabits the planet? Kumii Kumii
You create the lore. Though if I had to say, the Treants. Tree People, the ancients of the planet. They're the first inhabitants of the planets. After they went to sleep for centuries other races kinda slowly moved and anyone who wasn't a Human was accepted by the others.

You create the lore. Though if I had to say, the Treants. Tree People, the ancients of the planet. They're the first inhabitants of the planets. After they went to sleep for centuries other races kinda slowly moved and anyone who wasn't a Human was accepted by the others.
MELTING POT!

I'm going to sleep now. I swear.

Ok, so Thorn's race would work well with this. Their tribe are prized fighters for other worlds as assassins, body guards, or warriors.

THAT WAS FUCKIN SCARY. I went to go delete a thing I had posted and it kicked me out of the page so I thought I deleted the entire thread... Jesus RPN DONT DO THAT TO ME. Thought I was gonna have to redo the CS page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back