Humor Absolutely PREPOSTEROUS, INSANE, and INCREDIBLE moments for you in D&D

proiettile

ˢˡᵉᵉᵖⁱⁿᵍˢ ˢᵒ ʰᵃʳᵈ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃⁿᵗ ˢᵗᵒᵖ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏⁱⁿᵍ
I really couldn't think of a better word, but I really want to expand the title... ANYWAY!

Hello! I don't know if this has been done before on this site, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

D&D Players and DMs of RPNation, what is the absolute funniest, most amazing, or just plain stupid thing that's ever happened to you in a campaign? (or out of campaign that effected the campaign)

This is just to describe your experiences, and for shits and giggles. Go. Fucking. Wild.

Oh god I actually have So Many, because we have some REALLY awesome DMs that make you feel just. So incredible all the time. But here's one to start.

We were playing 5.0 set in the Magic the Gathering world of Zendikar, and I am playing this goblin sorceress who is adorable, not SUPER bright but always wants to be friends with everyone, and loves animals. Another player, Nux the Friendless, the worlds ugliest, grumpiest merperson cleric, gifted my character with a pet gnarlid--think a bear with horns. She named him Woodjum and he was the love of her life. She would ride him into battle (Mounted Goblin Storm Sorceress has its own set of Awesome Moments) and he was basically the closest thing to her heart.

So there's a session where we're fighting one of the medium-bads, who we've seen as this inky horrible monster that forces itself inside others and controls them. Knocking out or killing the host makes it take on another body, and it got into Woodjum. My character knew what she had to do, but I specified that she was going to throw her arms around Woodjum first and that she was absolutely positively SOBBING because she didn't want to hurt her pet.

In Magic the Gathering there are people called Planeswalkers who can literally just walk to another world, and they gain this ability by their Spark activating in a sort of culminating moment. Our DM, unbeknownst to us, and determined a condition by which each of us could potentially activate our Spark and become planeswalkers. My character being emotional and distraught and valuing her pet was, apparently, that condition for me.

So she suddenly finds herself just flying through space and time, the monster being forcibly pulled from her pet and disintegrated in a burst of stars and light, and she finds herself in a totally new and completely unfamiliar world. It didn't take long for her to get freaked out and the two to be flung back, but I felt just so unbelievably cool that my little friendly adorable goblin got to be ranked among some of the most badass people in the canon, and that I EARNED it.

¡Oh Dios mío!

My RP threads and games are absolutely hillarous once they descend into utter madness!

My D&D group consists of: my character, a cleric who’s only personality trait is “smiting heretics” and who’s patron deity is the DM. A bard who is an ex cult member, hates stringed Instruments, and plays the bagpipes. A bird person who is actually taking the game seriously. a warrior who hears voices and lies constantly. And two boring side characters the DM is playing.

My favorite moment was at the start of our campaign after the DM got done explaining everything I rolled a nat 20 in asking if anyone in the room was a heretic, and then proceeding to start a bar fight.

bimp. bamp. bomp. bemp. bump.

One of the funniest moments I had playing D&D was while our group was deep in the haunted forest. The trees came alive and started attacking the group. After several failed attempts at fighting them off, one of the players lit a torch and threatened them with the fire. The trees began a retreat. Everyone else lit up a torch and we all started chasing the trees away. One of the players yelled out "Run Forest, Run!" (A catchphrase from Forrest Gump, a movie that was popular at the time) Maybe you had to have been there...

So in my first campaign in college, the party arrived at this fancy garden.
The Rogue went over to check out the Gazebo, but the Ranger- who had no idea what a Gazebo was and thought the Rogue was
checking out some sort of woman- ran over and tried to seduce the Gazebo first.

He rolled a nat 1.

It collapsed on him.

Out of Context TL; DR: Almost everyone, including the game NPC equivalent of The Flash, does not realize my character has transformed into a magical girl and one party member thinks she's a car saleswoman from outer space... with the exception of the teenage robot.

Honestly, this game I'm in is nothing but hilarious moments. But here's one directly involving my character. Warning this is REALLY long because it needs some context, especially setting and the other PCs.

So under spoiler because it's super long:

I'm in a Play by Post campaign with 4 other players at the time of this happening. We're playing in a homebrew setting; set in a fictitious city in Georgia, the USA, called New Athena City in 2030. 30 years prior, at the start of the new Millenium (year 2000) the Chaos Crash happened-- essentially Y2K but it gave a lot of people powers or mutated them, etc, the whole shebang. Among these people were the 7 Shining Lights- the first and most famous of superheroes that would emerge after the Chaos Crash.

The Shining Lights seek to collect a team of heroes to take over for them because most of them are in their 40s or 50s.

The New Team: A brilliant 16-year-old engineering student whose body is completely robotic and can possess technology aka poltechgeist (artificer), a self-proclaimed phantom thief who makes nothing but Very Bad Mistakes (rogue), a powerful psychic- but completely sweet and adorable- red fox (mystic), a doctor-turned-male-stripper-turned-party-doctor-who-actually-can't-heal (necromancer), and my character: who, upon witnessing a pink comet in the night sky turned into a magical girl- chosen to enact justice on evildoers as proclaimed by a sassy white cat familiar.

(My character specs, if you're curious: She's a sorcerer with a homebrew sorcerous origin-- it's called the Magic Moon Sorcerer and you can find it on DM's Guild!)

So, our first battle we're fighting in a simulated battle against pig-like aliens. One of them blows up a car and...

She held her star-shaped brooch out and softly spoke her Magical Words in Celestial, which triggered a glowing light to emanate from it and overtake her entire body for a flash. It faded just as quickly, revealing her magical girl form with long flowy blue hair and an out-of-this-world outfit.

"That wasn't very nice!" Adina exclaimed, gesturing to the wrecked car. "Don't they know how expensive car insurance and repairs can be!?"

My character transforms into her magical girl self. Part of that transformation is that even if you barely change in appearance, no one recognizes you as the magical girl self unless they directly witness the transformation or smth like that! So, my DM decides everyone has to roll an intelligence check with a DC of 18+ (they decided the DC based on my charisma modifer plus because no one recognizes magical girls for who they are anyways so--)

Everyone, including the Shining Lights equiv of the Flash, fail to either notice she has turned into a magical girl (thinking she has instead swapped with someone else, or--) because of her comment about car insurance, the rogue and enemies think she's an intergalactic car sales woman. The only one who realized who my character was is the poltechgeist.

The Orkan boss screams in anger as he yells "Kill that flamboy'an' Car saleswoman!" And tries to fire at Adina, Her Magical Armor absorbing the impact of the blast.

Ferret [the rogue] was so confused by the sudden appearance of this strange space-themed car saleswoman (which, like, weird choice of motif if you’re selling cars, but okay)

Okay, so it was our first session and we started off in a city with a suspicious General. The ruler of the city (who was liters named Earl Greigh), asked us to get into the general’s house and see if we can find any incriminating evidence, however, the house was heavily guarded.

This was funny for two reasons.

One, my character was a home brew race called a cervitaur. Think centaur but a deer. Unfortunately, this was a stealth mission that included scaling a wall and being as quiet as possible, and a deer can’t do either of those. (Imagine being a guard for that house and suddenly hearing CLIPCLOPCLIPCLOP)

Two,Earl Greigh said he would pay us for completing this mission. He would have paid us what was already a lot of money. Unfortunately, the rouge in the group thought otherwise. He rolled an intimidation check to threaten Earl Greigh. He got a nat 20. The pay was then tripled and we proceeded to ruin the city’s entire economy.

So yeah, it was a wild time.

The gnome sorcerer who managed to roll 15 consecutive critical failures on his actions, triggered every trap, blew himself up a few time and still managed to get revived every time. Thanks 5th edition...

This was my first of many complete bullshit moments in D&D, and I gotta say, it was my finest hour.

I was a monk, in a group with 2 Paladins, 2 warlocks, 1 sorcerer, 1 cleric, a single bard, and a rogue (maybe 2.) We were captured and imprisoned in the underdark, I want to say. Its been a while. Anyway! The point is, we were all bound and loosely gagged, but a fight broke out at the front of our conga line across a very narrow bridge. Some people almost fell to their deaths, but I was lucky enough to prevent one such catastrophe.

The warlock closest to me had slipped, and would have fallen, but I rolled strength to shake my gag, and then dex to grasp my ally's bonds by the teeth, pulling them to safety.

I rolled a natural 20. It was my first roll of the entire campaign, and I had literally nailed it. Not only did I rescue my comrade, I bit so hard that I broke his bonds, and he could fight.

Good times.

The gnome sorcerer who managed to roll 15 consecutive critical failures on his actions, triggered every trap, blew himself up a few time and still managed to get revived every time. Thanks 5th edition...
Fun fact: I've never crit failed. Never, in my entire existence, have I rolled a natural 1. I've gotten 5s, 4s, 3s, and even a 2 here and there, but my monk has never, not even once, rolled a critical failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back