Advice/Help About plots and making your roleplayings sound interesting to attract new users.

Is it the amount of plots you have that attract roleplayers? Or what does attract roleplayers in the first place.

What is the reason that some threads have more replies than others? In this case are there anybody else volunteering to give advice and tips to how to attract roleplayers or make excellent thoughts or concepts for everyone to try out in 1x1.

In this case? What should you think about making an interest check? The amount of plots? The characteristic of your writing? What else is there that I do not know?

I don't want players to nope out of my interest checks or anything because otherwise, it might be sad to loose or miss potential friends.

Is it the amount of plots you have that attract roleplayers?
It can help, but it's not a definitive answer. In fact if you're looking for a definitive answer to this, you're already one step in the wrong direction.

Or what does attract roleplayers in the first place.
What is the reason that some threads have more replies than others?

Players are people, to treat their tastes as something you can just "do X" and guarantee a certain response, especially a positive one, is to do a disservice to them and yourself. There are patterns and things you can do to improve your odds though, but none of them is a straightforward "do this", rather it's a matter of approach. I've laid out my thoughts in detail regarding this matter on this thread:

In this case? What should you think about making an interest check? The amount of plots? The characteristic of your writing? What else is there that I do not know?
I pretty much already answered this, but I'll use the opportunity to quickly give a taste of one of the central topics I discuss on that thread.

If you want to attract people to your interest checks, then you have to make a more compelling offer than the alternative. The recruitment subforums are like a market, roleplays are the product, and one's time and dedication is the currency. If you want someone to take up your product, then you need to make a pitch that will get them to prefer giving their time to you rather than the alternatives. None of this happens because of you, it all happens due to their preferences. If there is one thing that appeals to someone in an interest check, that is what the other person gets out of it. What character do they get to play, how do they get to be important, what about your style, or the world you build, opens a path for their preferences and ideas?

Of course, even this isn't a 100% sell. For instance, if someone approaches me for roleplay and they tell me they'll "do anything", I will turn that person down on the spot. I need my partners to have passion and a real preference for the kind of thing we're working on together, I can't trust someone saying they'll do anything because it is simply not possible that they do not have preferences. In other words, they'd be either lying or have no self-awareness. This is just one example of just how complicated this issue is. Truth be told, if there was one solution that really worked that universally, everyone would start doing it and it would stop working fairly quickly.

I don't want players to nope out of my interest checks or anything because otherwise, it might be sad to loose or miss potential friends.
That is always going to happen. Nomatter what you do, nomatter how nice or honest or anything you are, nomatter how great a roleplayer or how enchanting your interest checks may be, you'll always have people who just don't like what you made or don't like you. Trying to appeal to everyone is, in fact, a path that leads you to appeal to less people and to provide a worse experience for those you DO manage to appeal to.

Make a conscious attempt to understand your preferences, and what kind of player you are truly fit to work with, both in what they and you yourself can provide so that you both enjoy yourselves the most you can. Avoid ambiguity.

Make an active attempt to appeal to the people that match the type of partner that best suits your style and wishes for roleplay. Focus on appealing to their side of the matter, and know what you can or can't sacrifice.

Accept that failure is a part of the process. Don't run from the possibility of failure, but learn to cope with it's inevitable presence, and learn from it to do better next time.

And if you want to make more friends, you can always hang out with people outside of just your partners. There's the other subforums, profile posts, you can even hit people up in PMs and just chat. Personally, I'll welcome you with open arms :)

In this case are there anybody else volunteering to give advice and tips to how to attract roleplayers

Well, there is the discussion forum, and if nothing else I can give you feedback on interest checks you make, if you'd like. I can be harsh though.

make excellent thoughts or concepts for everyone to try out in 1x1
If you mean "free to use" there are some threads with freebie plots in the roleplay discussion section, I recommend looking for them if you want to see that.

If you mean "that will attract everyone" then that doesn't exist and unless God Himself descends from Heaven to make one, it never will.

Hope this helps, best of luck and happy RPing!

Generous, you say? So you're up for anything anyone throws at you, barring whatever crosses your weird line?

I see you've thrown the full suite in there as well. Harry Potter. Naruto. Multiverses. KRP. Star Wars. And much more. I'm no critic, so I'll just say if you're willing to maintain at least half the level of enthusiasm as the people presenting their ideas, you're game.

If you intend to be the one presenting your ideas and plots, though, your interests are very, very stretched out. People don't know exactly what you want to do yet and not many are likely to go through the effort of messaging you in order to find out.

So a few things about your interest check.

1. Maybe organize the thread a little better. Add a header or a title between sections.

ABOUT ME
- I write X words/paragraph per post
- I can respond X times a day/week
- I like X pairings/relationships
- I like to world build (optional)

REQUESTS
- please be able to respond X times a day/week
- please write X words/paragraph per post
- please help with world building (optional)

2. try adding specific ideas or plots to the interest check to give your partners a starting point for brainstorming.

IDEAS
- hogwarts roleplay during marauders time
- prince fighting space pirates to free his kingdom

PLOTS
Character A is a dragon prince who must marry Character B, a mermaid prince/ess to prevent his kingdom from falling into chaos

3. As Idea Idea pointed out you can't try to appeal to everyone because you'll end up appealing to no one. I would much rather read an interest check written by someone who seems really enthusiastic about their own ideas and knows exactly what they want than someone who seems nice but also like they don't really have any plans for the roleplay.

All of the above advice should definitely help, but you must accept one thing: interest checks are always hit or miss.
Sometimes, no matter how beautifully crafted your plots are, and how well organized your thread is, if someone is looking for entirely different things they will not reply to your thread. And it's not because your interest check was bad, just they're looking for something different. And that's okay.

The way your thread looks now seems pretty good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back