• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
XYclgU8d8c1rDjPynLPzokKlezAemakYfAY4cmPDce7_YQmX6qqJII1TJnCP9QgvCq77WWss1zZ7w_BqLPHIqipwh4qFY1h2VUf18O0dWjotvTReoJGRY9Cn00DwUSOi5Gs7Zt6-TXIN5sNmQU0-qnU

This is the story of a marooned starship, a simple tramp freighter carrying a number of passengers. The ship will find itself planetside on a Type 1 Terran standard planet, considered a major find if uninhabited. Unfortunately, the crew and passengers will soon discover that the planet is indeed inhabited.

The RP itself is a conglomerate of fandoms ranging from Expanse and Firefly - with the added development of true interstellar travel … to elements of a fantasy comic … along with a little homebrew material.

Crew Slots
Captain
First Mate
Engineer
Medic
Mercenary (doubles as cargo handler and steward)

Passenger Slots
Billionaire and Wife (Stateroom)
Movie Star (Stateroom)
Farmer’s Daughter (Middle, has room to self)
Professor (has room to self)

Five more Middle Passage rooms (up to 2 persons per room)

Type
Mid-bulk transport (Class B)

Drive
Standard radion/accelerator core

Powerplant
2 Blue Sun 6V4-178-B31 Trace Compression Block
36 RCS thrusters

Statistics
Ship length

269′ 3″ (82.1 m)

Ship width
170′ 0″ (51.8 m)

Ship height
78′ 8″ (24.0 m) (landing gear extended)

Hull
L 261′ 1″ × W 68′ 10″ × H 74′ 5″ (L 79.58 m × W 20.98 m × H 22.7 m)

Wingspan
112′ 4″ (34.2 m) (to engine mounts)

Main engine dimensions
L 62′ 8″ × W 28′ 4″ × H 29′ 6″ (L 19.10 m × W 8.64 m × H 9.0 m)

Empty weight
282,500 lb (128.1 metric tonne)

Maximum weight
585,000 lb (265.4 metric tonne)

Maximum payload
164,900 lb (74.8 metric tonne)

Crew capacity
5 (5 crew cabins)

Passenger capacity
18 Maximum (2 Staterooms, 7 Middle Passage)

Carried vessels
2 Endo/Exo-Atmospheric Shuttles
1 MF-813 Flying Mule

Other equipment
2 Magnetic grappler launchers
6 Self-powered transmitter buoys
3 One-man escape pods (for cockpit crew)

Max 74.8 metric tonne
20 tonne Medical Supplies
20 tonne Advanced Weapons
10 tonne Luxury Consumables
5 tonne Advanced Vehicles (probably for someone’s supercar collection)

New World
The new world is a primitive Earth-like planet. Some of the inhabitants call it Abode, the world of two moons. The world is similar to Earth around 5000 BCE. Some megafauna still exist. There will be anomalies.

Natives
More than one intelligent species inhabits the new world. The main species is human. The humans of this world have achieved a level of development comparable to Earth in the earliest stages of the development of civilization. They are as diverse as the humans of Earth. Some will be peaceful. Some will be violent and aggressive. None have achieved the Iron Age, though there will be occasional steel weapons forged of Star Metal.

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Literate to Semi-literate
Committed. (If you have real life issues, those come first. If you can’t set aside time for this, please don’t join, then quit later when the college year starts up, etc.)
Detail.
Please stick to Plot. Don't fill up the whole RP with sidetracked romance stuff. Story comes first. Yes, I enjoy fluff. But there is going to be a very real story to develop that has been developing for thousands of years.

I would rather scare away those faint of heart, intimidate the Hell out of you, rather than invite members who are afraid their skills aren’t enough. Poppycock. You have the skills. Stop worrying about being judged. Have a little faith in yourselves. (I consider my own writing to be sub par. Yet, all too often I get told otherwise. I do not expect others to match my skills. I enjoy it when others surpass them. It isn’t a competition. That doesn’t mean I won’t try to improve if I see someone better than me … )

Last edited:
Sounds interesting! The passenger list seems a bit random to me, but then again I don't know anything about Expanse or Firefly to judge accurately. (What's Star Metal? Steel is made from iron so idk how you could have steel weapons without knowing how to smelt iron)

Is there a limit on number of characters you can have?

Star metal (meteoric iron). That's how primitive man first managed to work iron.

LOL, the passenger list came from Gilligan's Island. Haha. Old, old comedy most people wouldn't recognize. The stats for the ship came from Firefly. (They actually turned the show into an rpg.) Expanse ... really didn't draw much from there.

Character limit. For now, maybe 2 or 3, maybe because the Billionaire / Wife combo is there.

I have characters that can be edited to fill a number of roles myself. I just don't want to hog them.

Edit:
Ideally we should have at least 4-5 members.

I guess its a sci-fi thing, cause mankind naturally learned iron-working over centuries of stone masonry, copper, and bronze work.

Have you claimed any roles yet or are they all open? Is there a character form thread somewhere?

No, even historically mankind started with native copper and meteoric iron. Of course, the iron had to be cold worked. (I made a rather thorough study of metallurgy starting around 5000 BCE recently.)

I am resisting claiming roles to allow others to choose first. Yes, I have favorites, but ....

For the CS, I had a two part CS in mind. One to post for the group; a hidden part for me. (This is another reason I am resisting claiming a role just yet.)

Thoughts on that idea? (I normally just use a single CS. This idea was a bit complicated.

I'm not sure what you would need a special 'hidden' part for, I imagine just one CS thread would work fine. Also I'd suggest you take the captain role at least, its very useful for maintaining plot control when your character has some authority over the others.

Also, I looked up meteoric iron and its a very interesting bit of history. Learn something new every day.

True. My favorite was the First mate. In fact, that might work best. The Captain could also be the pilot, so the pilot could be replaced with another role - maybe ship's cook? If he is going to have a stateroom, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

The metallurgy history I studied.

Posted the Captain. Created a First mate, but holding in case someone has their heart set on the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back