Poetry Ability Swapping Idea

Antonio94

So recently I'm working on a simple RPG project. And from it I suddenly think of a idea; however, I'm not sure it can be a good idea for a new series so I would like to share here with you guys:
The idea is, each person has his/her own talent and ability. These ability can be natural born, or acquired from excessive training. And so I was thinking of a main character who has the ability to form a contract with another person. This contract is formed between his own mind and will, and the target's true person/desire hiding inside without the target's realization. This contract allow him to take an ability from the target of his choice, in return, he will give the target an ability which he has. If the contract is forged, the abilities will be swapped and it will remain so until the conditions are fulfilled.
Take an example in real life, for example you are talented in art, drawing. You're going to have a soccer competition tomorrow, you want to win it but you haven't practiced it yet. So, you choose a person who skilled in soccer and deep down, he didn't enjoy soccer but instead he wished to be able to draw art. And so you forge a contract with his inner desire, this contract will last until you win the soccer match tomorrow. And so for 1 day, you are incredibly good at soccer but you can't no longer draw, while your target can draw but he can't play soccer skillfully as he used to. When you win the soccer match, the contract is fulfilled and everything's back to normal.
It's kinda a bit complicated but that's what I suddenly thought. Can it be a good idea for a psychological/mystery manga, or even game or novel?

So recently I'm working on a simple RPG project. And from it I suddenly think of a idea; however, I'm not sure it can be a good idea for a new series so I would like to share here with you guys:
The idea is, each person has his/her own talent and ability. These ability can be natural born, or acquired from excessive training. And so I was thinking of a main character who has the ability to form a contract with another person. This contract is formed between his own mind and will, and the target's true person/desire hiding inside without the target's realization. This contract allow him to take an ability from the target of his choice, in return, he will give the target an ability which he has. If the contract is forged, the abilities will be swapped and it will remain so until the conditions are fulfilled.
Take an example in real life, for example you are talented in art, drawing. You're going to have a soccer competition tomorrow, you want to win it but you haven't practiced it yet. So, you choose a person who skilled in soccer and deep down, he didn't enjoy soccer but instead he wished to be able to draw art. And so you forge a contract with his inner desire, this contract will last until you win the soccer match tomorrow. And so for 1 day, you are incredibly good at soccer but you can't no longer draw, while your target can draw but he can't play soccer skillfully as he used to. When you win the soccer match, the contract is fulfilled and everything's back to normal.
It's kinda a bit complicated but that's what I suddenly thought. Can it be a good idea for a psychological/mystery manga, or even game or novel?
It could work. I think it would be cool if the guy who could do this was someone who did it to screw with the world. It just needs more meat bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back