• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Abducted By Dragons To Do Their Evil Bidding?!

Discord for OOC?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Once upon a time, in a forgotten realm, the world was ruled by dragons.

This is not an important detail to you, because you are human, and you live on Earth in the year 2021. You have important, real-life things to think about, like school and work. Unfortunately for you, your homework will not get finished and you will not be clocking into your next shift.

However, this is an important detail to the dragons. They aren't immortal (mostly), but they do have long memories, and they talk, and they pass down knowledge to their little scaly children about the hairless apes that owe them a great favor.

What is this favor? You don't know. The dragons know, and therefore you should know, because it's obviously very important and of course your ancestors would have told you such a thing. Unfortunately, your ancestors told you no such thing.

Now you are standing in front of a regal red dragon, trying to explain to her that no, you are not a knight or a wizard, you are not sure who she is, you're honestly not even sure who you are at the moment because you just ate a weed brownie like, an hour ago, but the dragon is having none of this, and keeps yelling at you for going back on your family promise after your great-great-great-great-great grandfather swore on his fangs, and orcs take their fangs very seriously, and like, you know you're a little on the hefty side but that's uncalled for, and the guy next to you is getting verbally reamed for losing the fairy king's sword while still holding a frozen Hot Pocket, and this other girl is crying because she spilled her suspiciously liquor-scented coffee when she got kidnapped, and everything is a mess.

The red dragon sniffs you and the rest of the group, her great scaly snout smelling of sulfur and burnt burgers. You notice, or maybe you don't notice, that the lair seems a bit empty - there's a vault door in the back that seems ajar, and indents on the bloodstained dirt floor where heavy treasures were once stacked to the cave's ceiling. The red dragon seems to have some tears and nicks in her leathery wings, and the tip of her right horn has broken off.

"I summoned you in our hour of need, just like how your ancestors summoned us in theirs. If you truly refuse to help us, then you may leave... but we will not help you return, and we will not protect you from the consequences of your traitorous actions."

You (or rather, your character) have been magically transported to the world of dragons. Dragons are big flying creatures that traditionally breath fire, steal sheep for dinner, hoard gold in caves and princesses in towers, and are slain by knights.

The dragons want you to do something for them, claiming that they did your ancestors a huge favor back in the day, and that you're contractually obligated to help them out. You are, in fact, magically contractually obligated, the details of which are currently up in the air - the important thing is that for narrative reasons, you are not in a position to refuse to serve the dragons.

The transported humans may or may not be of non-human ancestry. Their ancestors did not all make identical contracts, but contracts were made - and dragons are very serious about rules and honor. Some dragons might not take their contracts as seriously as others. Some dragons might not be as forgiving of traitors as others. Some native humans or other intelligence fantasy races may have some strong opinions about dragons, and the role of the transported humans.

Oh, also, you might get asked to go to war, but like, you know. Plot.

Excellent, I continue to raise minions for my war against - never mind, you don't need to know that.

This is the coolest concept that I have seen in a very long time. If you would have me, I would be stoked to join!

Can I romance a dragon? Or any mystical race?

Asking for myself-not for a friend.

Or can I be a non-human race, cuz, ya know... If you can't date them, you can be em, right?

That depends on if your character is dating material. Dragons respect honor, authority, and power in either strength or wealth. Jenny from the block or Joe Schmoe might have to put in a little extra effort to be considered dating material for a noble dragon...

Then again, we love Cinderella, don't we?

And yes, though the interest check was written for an audience of modern humans transported to a fantasy world, I see no reason to shun potential players who may want to play as dragons or other races.

In fact, you may have noticed that it's implied not all the ancestors who left for the New World were human.

Anyways, at the end of the day, the contract sucks, and that's why you don't make a deal with the Devil!

I mean the dragon.

You don't make a deal with a dragon.

Yeah.

That depends on if your character is dating material. Dragons respect honor, authority, and power in either strength or wealth. Jenny from the block or Joe Schmoe might have to put in a little extra effort to be considered dating material for a noble dragon...

Then again, we love Cinderella, don't we?

And yes, though the interest check was written for an audience of modern humans transported to a fantasy world, I see no reason to shun potential players who may want to play as dragons or other races.

In fact, you may have noticed that it's implied not all the ancestors who left for the New World were human.

Anyways, at the end of the day, the contract sucks, and that's why you don't make a deal with the Devil!

I mean the dragon.

You don't make a deal with a dragon.

Yeah.
So.... if I make a char who proves themselves to be of strong of body, mind, and spirit. To rise to every challenge. To make them question even their thoughts about a human being unworthy. An alpha dragon in little pink skin.

Does that mean they get to sleep with a dragon? Because dammit Weli, if thats the case, then I might have to join out of principle.

So.... if I make a char who proves themselves to be of strong of body, mind, and spirit. To rise to every challenge. To make them question even their thoughts about a human being unworthy. An alpha dragon in little pink skin.

Does that mean they get to sleep with a dragon? Because dammit Weli, if thats the case, then I might have to join out of principle.

If we can't, I'll cry. Don't make Rex & I cry welian welian

welian welian

So boss, do we each get a dragon we are contracted to, with the contracts and past favor being different among them? Or is like we are all contracted to a single dragon?

Sounds interesting, do our char all get our own dragon that our ancestor have made contract with or do we all get this one big dragon contractor?

This was initially written with the idea that the main group of dragons (there are factions within the dragon peoples) made a collective contract with a group of adventurers - the dragons would give the adventurers some magic and gold in exchange for the adventurers agreeing to come to the dragons' aid at the hour of their need. The issue is that the dragons are trying to cash a check that was written hundreds, if not a thousand years ago.

That being said, while there's a collective contract, I think it would also be interesting if players could have their own individual quests to work on.

For example, maybe there's a character named Michael who also has to go to war for the dragons like everyone else, but his ancestor specifically made a secondary contract with a water dragon. In exchange for healing powers, Michael's ancestor kept a sacred river clean. Somewhere along the line, the ancestor or their children stopped maintaining the river, and then lost their healing magic due to the contract being broken. Michael might then be motivated to clean up a few hundred years worth of sewage in exchange for those healing powers again, or maybe the water dragon doesn't trust Michael, and then the outside force that upholds the contracts must intervene.

This was initially written with the idea that the main group of dragons (there are factions within the dragon peoples) made a collective contract with a group of adventurers - the dragons would give the adventurers some magic and gold in exchange for the adventurers agreeing to come to the dragons' aid at the hour of their need. The issue is that the dragons are trying to cash a check that was written hundreds, if not a thousand years ago.

That being said, while there's a collective contract, I think it would also be interesting if players could have their own individual quests to work on.

For example, maybe there's a character named Michael who also has to go to war for the dragons like everyone else, but his ancestor specifically made a secondary contract with a water dragon. In exchange for healing powers, Michael's ancestor kept a sacred river clean. Somewhere along the line, the ancestor or their children stopped maintaining the river, and then lost their healing magic due to the contract being broken. Michael might then be motivated to clean up a few hundred years worth of sewage in exchange for those healing powers again, or maybe the water dragon doesn't trust Michael, and then the outside force that upholds the contracts must intervene.
Oh wait? We get powers?

As stated in my contract, if you start something that has dragons, or lets me be a dragon, I will join.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Oh wait? We get powers?
WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING MAGICAL ANCESTORS THAT RAN AWAY TO A NON-MAGICAL WORLD

IF YOU DON'T GET MAGIC POWERS WHEN YOU RETURN TO SAID MAGICAL WORLD

DO U RLY THINK I WOULD DO YOU DIRTY LIKE THAT

I'm going to push for a contract that puts me into an arranged marriage with tsundere dragoness in return for being the knightest Knight that ever knighted.

Then give her a grumpy guy that thinks this whole thing is bunk.

That sounds suitably absurd.

Perhaps Weli would prefer it be more down to earth.

Could a contract to run a winery in exchange for power/pleasures/python pootie accepted?

like enough berries need to be picked squashed an aged, for the dragons to get pissed on the weekend

my idea being a character whose a home brewer who remembers the help of google is kidnapped

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back