Abandoned Laboratory

JustAlexandra

Mother of Tiny Lions
j.justalexandria{
font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;
}

A lab that has been abandoned for many years. No one knows or remembers what went on in it.

It is multiple floors up but also has several basement layers

10.jpg

abandoned lab.jpg

(This is one of the only places you'll find high level technology that cannot be explained)

j.justalexandria{
font-family: 'Bad Script', cursive;
}

Josephine Quincy

Josephine opened the door to the old lab slowly, bracing herself for some sort of impact. When nothing came, she stepped in, looking around the room. It was a strange place, that was for sure, but she was a strange girl, and she wasn't scared of seeing anything she hadn't seen before. She had only been walking in the woods for a few hours, something she did often. It was nice, the woods were haunting and concealed her well. They were claimed to hold evil creatures, but if there were any none of them had the bravery to approach Josephine. Although, she did have an air of murder around her, so that was to be expected. What she didn't expect was to come across this old building. Sure, people didn't come to the woods often, but she was sure that despite that fact everything to be found had been found. Or, at least, anything big.

The first room she stepped into was quite large, with strange pods coming up from the ground. It was clear the place had been abandoned for some time, there was moss growing on nearly every hard, flat surface in the room. You could see a bit of sunlight coming in through the ceiling, but the trees covered most of it. It was a dark, dank place. Perfect for someone like her. 

She began looking around - there were wires, tubes, buttons, things she had never seen before. Things that no one had ever seen before. She was absolutely not supposed to be in there, but if anything that made the whole ordeal more enticing. "The bodies were held in here; they decayed and rotted and their bones are part of me," The Him said. Josephine didn't respond, but she didn't always have to. Sometimes He just said things to say them, and she was okay with that. She was okay with anything that He said, really. It was part of her, anyways. 

She ran her fingers along the glass of one of the tubes. It was still filled with some sort of liquid, but she couldn't see if there was anything inside of it. If she was going off what The Him said, which she pretty much always did, whatever was here should all be dead. That was both relieving and disappointing to Josephine. Even someone like her wanted to know what she was getting herself into, but at the same time she wanted to see someone or something new. It was all apart of the adventure, you could say. Letting her fingers trail off, she moved to the next tube, which was laying sideways on the floor. "This one was my favorite," He said. "And why is that?" Josephine responded inwardly. The Him just chuckled, giving no real answer. Josephine took that for what it was, and kneeled next to the tube. She peered in, but nothing seemed to be there - nothing she could see at least. 

Josephine stood up, looking around. There was a few doors, some panels on the walls - which she was almost positive didn't work anymore - and stairs that seemed to lead downwards. 

@ Anyone who wants to join me

(Stopping here, just trying to give a layout of the room)

Further down into the laboratory's bowels, Lief searched what seemed to be a refinery of sorts. Metals and materials he could easily recognize filled shelves and racks, along with those that he himself could not recognize. Searching further, he had managed to find a journal of sorts. Flipping through, he found the info on the unidentified metals and alloys, peaking his interest even further.

Mistarille: Commonly known as True-Silver, or Mithril, is a very rare silvery, glistening, luminescent metal that is lighter than steel but just as hard. Needing high Temperatures to smelt, if not to work it, when cooled, could be used to make wondrous works of armour and weapons. 

Melting Temperature: 3,034°F, 1,668°C

Currently have six Lbs of the metal in ingots.

Siccatite: A curious ore, this shining silver metal is either incredibly hot or freezing cold when found. As of yet, scholars have not determined whether siccatite is actually two similarly hued metals or a single type that determines its own temperature via some unknown process. When raw siccatite is found, it has a 50% chance of being hot siccatite; otherwise, it's cold siccatite. What is even more curious is when in the hands of a Frost, Cold Siccatite seems to enhance their powers tenfold. Extremely brittle, Best to be alloyed with Misterille or Adamant.

Hot siccatite can eventually ignite objects, and cold siccatite in water quickly surrounds itself with a 1-foot-thick shell of ice. Although not recommended, Using cold Siccatite in armour may grant greater protection. Best to be tested on a frost before mass production. 

Currently 30 grams of the Cold. Unable to obtain any Hot Siccatite as it keeps burning through any container i use.

Adamant: Extremely strong and favored by weapon and armor smiths alike for its ability to cut through solid barriers with ease and endure heavy blows. Many know this, but when alloyed with iron, it becomes a dull grey alloy I've named Glaucite.

20lbs of Adamant, and 10 lbs of Glaucite. Need to do more tests on that alloy.

As Lief read further, he started tucking away said metals into his bag for later use. Weighed down with new and rare metals, and his new favorite book, He slowly made his way back to the stairwell leading back to the surface.

As he was about to set foot on the first step, he could hear the sound of a woman speaking to someone, or something. "So Much for being abandoned..." he grumbled, unsheathing his family heirloom and birthright, The North Wind. It's Icy Blue runes glowed with power, as ice crept up it's edge.

@JustAlexandra

Josephine Quincy

Josephine looked at her options, and clearly the most interesting one was to go, well, down. Nothing interesting happened on the upper floors, she assumed. Not that they weren't necessarily worth looking at, it was just that going down called to her more than going up. Not that that surprised her. The Him made a noise of pleasure at her decision, so she knew that she had made the right one. Anything The Him recognized as good was always the right decision. 

She walked over to the steps and began to creep down them. They were spiral stairs with brick wall on one side. The damp air turned into cold damp air. Which was somewhat unpleasant but not unbearable. Josephine didn't particularly like the feeling of being moist, but it would have to be alright for now. As she reached the bottom of the staircase she realized, in the darkness, someone was there. She was a bit startled at first, but not particularly scared. She couldn't see them well, though. It wasn't very bright, but not pitch black either. 

"Hello," she said, her voice slick and seductive. It was kind of like that naturally, but she could make it more enticing if she wanted to. "I don't think you're supposed to be down here," she smiled at him, but she wasn't sure if he could tell. 

@HighSanguinaryPriest

"Neither are you..." Lief replied Eyeing the woman carefully. His eyes had adapted to the lower light levels hours before hers allowing him to see her in greater detail than she would. Do not look into her eyes... Keep visor down until I can ascertain whether or not she is a threat. He thought Sheathing his weapon. But I suppose there is plenty here to pick clean from this corpse." He added taking in more of her features. Halfbreed of some sorts. Demonic, that is for sure... So keep pant's on when around her...

"So what brings you here to this decrepit Laboratory? You don't seem to be the Scientific type." Lief said with a hidden smirk. That's it, Get her talking. Learn her motives, then we can get a better bead on her and her motivations...

@JustAlexandra

Josephine Quincy

Josephine giggled. "Yes, I suppose you're right," she smiled at him. He was wearing armor, she could tell now, which had originally made him seem bigger than he was. He was still bigger than her, but that didn't surprise her. She was quite short. He put away his weapon, which made her smile again. Trust was there, although it was small. He was examining her, she could tell even with his helmet on. But she supposed she was doing the same. 

"I like to adventure in my free time," she said, walking in a slow circle around him. "Kill him, kill him," said He, but she silently shushed him. Not that she wouldn't kill him, she just hadn't decided if she wanted to or not yet. Surely there were other things He would be happy with that would also make her happy. "You don't seem to be the type either, sir," she said. "A man in armor does not usually find himself down in the depths of a laboratory."

@HighSanguinaryPriest

"Normally you would be right, but I'm not just a man in armour. I happen to be very accomplished in the metallurgical arts and sciences." He replied Tossing her a two pound ingot of adamantine Metal. "This Place is a veritable gold mine of knowledge on my craft, and some of the alloys here have applications that I had never imagined." He continued. Good, Gain her trust. She'll open up soon enough. He thought picking up one of the small pieces of cold siccatite. A thin layer of ice began to creep up his gauntlet clad had and up his arm at a rapid rate, before stopping at the elbow. "This here is a peculiar metal that causes instantaneous freezing upon contact. Brittle by itself, but when alloyed or plated could prove very effective for numerous applications." he added keeping an eye on her as she circled the Frost male.

@JustAlexandra

@JustAlexandra

Last edited by a moderator:
 Josephine Quincy

Yawn. Josephine couldn't care less about whatever metal shit the man was talking about. She did manage to catch the heavy metal, at least, even though she hadn't been expecting it. "Oh, boys and their talk," she giggled, before taking a step closed to the man in armor. "So, what's your name?" she said into his ear. She took a slow step back, watching him watch her. She wondered for a moment why he even bothered to stay there. He didn't have to, of course. She wasn't making him, but yet there he was. Maybe he was afraid? 

@HighSanguinaryPriest 

(Sorry that was a really crappy post) 

Being the snide asshole that he was, he carefully pushed the woman away from himself . "First off hun, you could really use a breath mint, and second, My name Is Lief, Son of Avael, of Clan Ice-Veins. Who might you be?" He replied as if it were a casual thing. Eyeing her carefully, ye making sure to avoid eye contact. He had dealt with Daemons, and their ilk on several defensive campaigns, back when he was still with the Snow Hammers. If she were familiar with the Frosts, should would know that his clan has a great amount of influence among the Dwarves and Gnomes. I just hope she doesn't do anything stupid... I'm in no mood to spill any blood right now. Especially after such a find. He thought taking a step back, still wary of the woman in front of him.

@JustAlexandra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back