• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A World Renewed (Sandbox God RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The Winter Ball

1628387147133-png.png

One Whose Name is Beyond Immortals

Flowers of many shapes and no names blossomed and faded in the cold festivity, but also in the frozen shore of the vast ocean. [Master], in his regal robe and presence, entered the ballroom and bowed politely at Keanu. It was their first and second time meeting, if this meeting counted as one. He retreated to a corner as ethereal dreamees joined the dance midair. Laughter and fascination heightened by their presence. Some tried to ask the dreamees to a dance, but each of them disappeared at a touch. Such was the nature of a dream.

This was the first time [Master] saw many of the gods, yet his attention was not on any of them, but to the castle, the subjects. Everything was so... real.

"Is it not tiring to be so present in the world, a vocal and concrete influence tied with the fate of real beings?"

His voice echoed from tiny butterflies for Keanu who danced with amidst mortals and immortals. Many Gods intervened with reality, but some did more than others. Keanu, who hosted a dance for the birth of a subject, was an oddity. It reminded [Master] less of a God and more of the leader of a mortal's society. He did not understand. Why bother?

Interaction: Keanu QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Mention: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Solirus Solirus DapperKnight DapperKnight

Buras, Mawlock & Vitis Gurthu
organisations%2FE16Vao61GNwCg7b2bQyglU6PvCbBBG6UoADWnUdW.jpeg
56c514c10de4e31c35eb6016fcdb43f2.jpg
ff846e94dde1461d664545820cdbb98c.jpg

[collab with moi, Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Tetro Tetro ]

Buras, with his creations fully formed and brimming with potential, appeared in a place between realms. Opening his mouth wide, he shouted with a voice loud and sharp enough to pierce realities the names of those he wished to summon. "Mawlock, God of Life, Vitis Gurthu, God of Rebirth, I wish to speak with the two of you in a place of true neutrality. Come, and let us discuss the life, and deaths, of my creations."

As he spoke, he observed his creations. Wholly half of them were squat things, ablaze with an angry orange fire, their great physical might dwarfed by their keen minds. The other half were tall and lanky, and not ablaze like their counterparts but were instead as pail as snow with hair as fine as fresh down, their affinity for magic apparent in the way they played with sparks or frost as they waited.

A figure burning of fire and light formed in front of the god Buras. The being smiled at the sight of his little brother, "Buras, it is you who calls to me." The figure took on Mawlock's form, "I have been meaning to visit you, and others, but I have been busy with many tasks. You wish to speak of life, yes? What is it you wish of me?" The excitement was evident in his voice, and he spoke to Buras more like a brother than a fellow god, having little to no formality in his tone and words.

Buras turned to face his brother as he appeared within the place between worlds. "Yes, dear brother, it was me that called your name." He partially turned and gestured to the assembled Unadyne, whose numbers had slowly grown with each blessing of a god until they stood almost uncountable, shoulder to shoulder, two very different beings united as one. "I have been busy over the long centuries, seeking out individual gods and asking that they do what I cannot. Cardahim gave them their strong bones, strong enough to contain even a part of me. Syrion gave them their shape. Unry the knowledge to survive and a hunger for more. Cath imparted her magical powers onto them and tied it to the Sun and Moon. And lastly, Runa taught them the wonders and powers of the written word. And now, I come to the two Gods whose domains are tightly interwoven, whether you like to admit it or not. I wish for you to give them Life. It is not my domain, it is not right for me to assume they can live simply because you left your essence for others to use."

"One wishes to plant the seeds of life, yet does one intend to harvest what the spring has sowed? When faced with an end, every second becomes a cherished gift. Or does one wish to stretch the saplings until the infinite, until each day is as meaningless as snow melted upon the water?" Vitis Gurthu's voice rang out, but what stood in place of the stag was a hulking owl creature. It appeared instantly and stood with wings folded upon its back. A singular blue eye shone from its forehead, the same hue and shape as the stag's own. "Fair greetings to thee, Buras and Mawlock. May the day find you well."

Taken aback, Mawlock could only eye Buras for a moment. "For me to be the one to give them life would put them above most other creation. These races have been hand crafted by the gods, and will surely be more powerful than most, if not all, of the other mortals." He walked over to the two creations and observed them carefully. "Vitis, what do you think of these beings?"

"No mortal should ever be regarded as above any other. A wish one has made clear to thee many times before, Mawlock. This one sees the trembling insect and the noble warrior in equal measure. Neither above or below, both in equal harmony within the cycle." The owl-creature ruffled itself before tilting its head to an unnatural angle, "What is one's intent in gathering the blessings of all gods, O Buras? One is the first to do such."

"More powerful even than, perhaps, the humans?" Buras couldn't help but point out the undying mortals that ran rampant across the land. But he quickly waved it off, not wanting to offend the God of Life, merely point out the obvious. "I sought out the blessings of the others so they can do what I simply cannot. That is all. I'm the God of the Sun, the Moon, Passion, and Kings. These things are not needed for mortal things, and so I lack the required touch. When I first attempted life, they either exploded or fizzled out to nothing. Were it not for Cardahim, I would still be struggling to even give them a shape in the heavens, no doubt for all eternity or my more sombre half swears off even trying."

"In life, not all are equal. Some climb better, some swim better, others fly better. When I create a life, I can do so better than any of the other gods, putting it above the others in terms of quality. Does that mean they are above them in the cycle we have created? No. The trembling insect and noble warrior are at their most equal at their deaths. As I am the god of life I will kindly remind you of your place in the cycle, Vitis, and to worry more about what happens with life after it has left my domain..." Mawlock eyed the stag god as he spoke, his tone seeming much less patient now. "I used the word powerful for a reason. My humans do not have the structure they do, as Caradhim is the best craftsman. Their magical gifts come from the god of magic themselves. Runa and Unry have gifted them with quality and levels of knowledge we could never. Simply put, they have more advantages IN LIFE," he stressed those two words, almost as if placating the stag god, "than all other mortal creation. I simply find it interesting. It's almost exciting to think about how they may turn out."

“Indeed, this one acts as reaper, yet are denied their harvest with each turn of the moon. It appears this one's place is one of little importance indeed.” The stag said cooly, seeming to have taken some offence. They continued, owl eyes looking at the little things, “So long as life returns to the cycle, giving back all that was taken, this one shall be content. One human species is more than enough, two would be… problematic.”

The owl messenger shook itself then swooped closer to the awaiting mortal race. They loomed over them, the blue orb above their eyes glaring into their souls. “Indeed, they will shine, but the brighter the flame, the quicker it burns out. Take heed, each spark shall kindle a new flame. Where they fall, they shall inspire even greater deeds in the shadow of their ancestors. This one shall bless them with the gift of rebirth, to join the serenity of the cycle. Let them not forget their humility, and a great bountiful harvest awaits. Lest the garden choke itself with its own roots.”

Buras stood tall as the two gods loomed over and examined his creation, praising their potential. "So, Mawlock, will you give them your blessing? And Voice of the Stag Vitis Gurthu, I have a request for you. Their life will be filled with hardship, I ask that they ascend to the Heavens and await their rebirth by my side, letting them reflect on all their past lives. I will not deny you your cycle after seeking you out to confirm it, but I do not want their souls to drift about to be snatched up by more.... 'chaotic' forces." He hoped they understood which god he refused to name. He had done so only once, and even that threatened to draw its attention. And he could not, would not, risk their corrupting, changing touch upon his Unadyne when they were so close to completion.

Amused, a soft chiming drifted from the eye. It was not difficult to understand whom they referred to. The owl creature inclined their head, “Of course, a moment’s reflection at the end of one cycle invites purification of the soil before the seed. So long as memory is shed like rain, a ripple of respite is no harm to the ever flowing river. May their souls find rest by one’s side before joining the cycle anew.”

Mawlock listened, and then waited. He waited longer, then a bit more. He was deep in thought while he looked upon both the two mortal forms before them, and the two gods he was with. Mawlock then spent a moment watching the two gods. His blazing eyes staring patiently at them both. His gaze fell upon Buras after another long moment and he approached the god. "While the others require something before they give, I do not. I will give to your creations the greatest life I could bestow upon mortals."

A glowing ball of light materialized, and an endless amount of little golden threads attached to it leading off all over to far distances formed with said orb. Mawlock took hold of the orb and reached in towards the centre, plucking two threads. The threading ravelled back towards him, and two souls rested in his hand. "Human souls. The most perfect forms of life I have made, used for a new purpose. These two were humans who were not keen on becoming enlightened. They wished to keep to their old, more barbaric ways." He dismissed the glowing orb, then put each of the souls inside one of the mortal forms. "To make them reborn into mortal souls would be Vitis' specialty. I cannot do so as perfectly," He stepped aside, gesturing for Vitis to do their part.

The stag was surprised to see human souls, plucked from their forms at long last. Was this a change of heart? It seemed too good to be true, but the stag would take this opportunity that presented itself, if not with a shard of suspicion.

They gazed at the two souls. Flickers of past life shed from them like sparks from a flame, a beauty reserved for the stag. The owl hopped closer to the souls, appraising them with a single glowing eye. "Ah, two human souls. At long last, years of life, stagnating as a pool of water, shall once again flow forth into all things."

Wings spread wide, the owl puppet seemed to scarcely contain the essence of the stag's will. Petals of an unknown bloom erupted from the two souls, shedding a blooming storm around the gathered gods and awaiting mortals. In each petal, a single fragment of a memory could be sensed. "Wayward souls, awaken. Return to harmony in the cycle."

No longer were the human souls cursed with immortality. They would find a connection to the great cycle once more, their life providing nourishment for new growth. Whatever they took, whatever they damaged, would all in the end be given back. The owl creature's wings sagged, but the eye of the stag was as steady as ever. "It is done."

Buras, in the true fashion of someone that had no clue of the magnitude of the event that just occurred before him, clapped his hands excitedly. "Oh yes, yes! I thank you both, from the bottom of my twin selve's hearts. You have done what I dare not do, and have done it with such a fine gift. Oh, I am truly honoured." It looked as if he was about to walk over to each of them and vigorously shake their hands, but he managed to contain himself, for he was still a God, the God of Kings no less. He had to keep some respect about him as the final touches were put in place for his Unadyne.

"You shall be given due respects by them, as will all the gods who assisted in their creation. This, I swear." As he spoke, he began to wordlessly herd the assembled masses, like a head master herding their young wards. "Grand statues, shrines that glitter in the light of the sun and moon, offerings to appease us all. It will be wonderful, of that I can assure." Continuing to speak, he silently opened up the realm between realms, and ushered the Unadyne through and back to Westyria. He still had some work to due, but not much now.

"Now where to put all of you..." he could be heard mumble before the rift closed and the two gods of life and rebirth were left to their own devices.

The owl gave a respectful bow, despite the departure of Buras, then turned to Mawlock to do the same. The bright blue orb above its head had disappeared. "Farewell, Buras. Farewell, Mawlock. Blessings of the stag be upon thee."

Then, the owl was gone.

• Sinidarr
    Peryton.png
    Nechiku and Sinidarr floated in the air, two gods meeting high above creation. The Awakener shared his inclination for a strong plan against the Judge. But they were hesitant, as expected. The Judge represented the life energy that flowed through all creation. A hard crop to cut, it would seem. What would happen if his avatar was struck down? What would happen if any avatar was destroyed? Sinidarr had certainly erased his avatar and recreated it in another location, but he was always conscious in some way, and storms still blew across the world. Would destroying the avatar even be enough?

"You speak true, Awakener. I cannot say what should come of a battle against the Judge. But if battle should come, it must be a decicive victory. I heard from a mortal, once, that one should only fight if victory is a certainty. We should not face the Judge on the field unless we are sure we can win. I understand your fear of setting a precedeent, I share it as well, so perhaps we should find an approach that our fellow gods would approve of."

The Awakener shared his concern of the involvement of the Wind's Warmth. Yet, the Awakener was not to stay for long. Their newfound connection to the Judge could help many people if done correctly. Sinidarr didn't quite know how to react. His head raced with so many thoughts it was hard to pick what to focus on. The orb remained but the owl grew restless and panicked.

"Awakener," Sinidarr started, unable to hide his discomfort, "We should continue this at another time. To finalise my thoughts, I believe quick action against the Wind's Warmth or a diplomatic approach to the Judge is our best opportunity to rescue our ally from his clutch. Go now, your messenger is clearly in a state of distress."

Interactions: Juju Juju

Sinidarr's Names (for Newbies):
The Awakener - Vitis Gurthu
The Wind's Warmth - L'Oria
The Judge - Mawlock
The Winter Queen - Kianu
Unry - Unry

Last edited:
Cath
domains: Magic, earth, artifacts, money
c64897801424128958495a094d653a82.jpg

" Presenting Cath Mistress of magic, Lady of artifice, ruler of earth, and queen of wealth and Grovekeeper U'de" the announcer called out as Cath and U'de walked into the room.

Cath herself had wanted to simply appear in the room without the announcement. While she did love theatrics she liked it when she had control over the theatrics. She had not left her home in all the history of the world, even as many things apparently happened she had taken no part in them. Her normally lack luster dress was replaced with a ballroom gown. The gown was studded with shimmering crystals and while looking white as soon as one blinked or turned slightly it shimmered changing color. The gown despite long enough to reach the floor seemed never to actually contact the floor appearing to float just above the floor. It was U'de who was excitedly looking around and dressed in a similar gown to Cath that had insisted they go through the hassle of the announcement. Cath had at first thought abotu just going alone, but as she had looked over the invitation while U'de played in her garden she had decided to bring her along.

When she had been given U'de Vitis had told Cath of mawlock and how his mind was becoming worrying. While Cath did value her brothers and sisters she really had no right to impose herself and her views upon the god of life. She honestly just wanted to leave him alone and never actually meet him. She had no reason to go bug him and to her he had no reason to visit her. She stayed in her lands with her creations and he could have the rest of the world for all she cared. Cath managed what she needed to manage she made sure the earth of the world moved slowly, that the rocks of the depths melted and rose, then cooled and fell moving the crust above. She made sure metals were scattered here and there and that artifacts worked if they should . The races thus far were not big on money but she would manage that when the time came. Really she did her job so who could complain if she wasn't social.

To make sure she did not meet Mawlock or any he might send in his stead Cath had decided to alter her perception to the point she couldn't perceive those directly related to mawlock. She would not see them she would not hear them. She of course had put in fail safes to make sure should her inability to see those related to Mawlock bring her to close to one she would be warned to move away. Cath didn't want to be in this godly drama so to was best to ignore the one that started it.

We should say hi to Kianu" U'de said tugging Cath's hand like a child might a parents'.

Cath had only accepted U'de existing because she was a gift, as her soul was the soul of the first of her own creations to anger her. She had not thought she could forgive the one that had wronged her, disappointed her, and yet here she was holding the hand of one made from such a being. Despite what she had said Cath had to admit the little girl had grown on her over time. Cath would hesitate to call her a daughter, but U'de would not share that hesitation. " At a party you greet the host not say hi" Cath corrected the little girl as she took the lead.

Kianu (Goddess of Ice, Winter, Hunt, and Preservation)
Everfrost Castle - The Winter Ball
515d09dfb59c6daee9f8cee3d2be126d.jpg

Majestically twirling around the large ballroom that was meant to house a god, Kianu studied the expressions of the human that supported her with his sturdy frame. Mawlock may not have given his favored creations endless life, but he didn’t free them from exhaustion or suffering. As a goddess, Kianu could dance all night—years and years even—without ever feeling tired. Only bored, perhaps. She followed Kaleb’s cues easily enough because, to creatures she’d blessed with Winter Magic, his thoughts were like an open book to her—just as she knew the thoughts floating around Bihorn’s mind when he decided to leave Everfrost Castle. However, understanding was a different matter altogether…and she made it a habit not to pry as she knew how uncomfortable it made her Priests of Winter.

“Do you see the face-less one over there, Kaleb? He is the god that knows everything—or rather, a fragment of him.”

“Where?”

“Remember what Falma told you about Winter Magic? I’ve blessed you with a connection to me…so just look through my eyes then you’ll be able to see him. As a goddess of the hunt, my senses are second to none, and there are very few gods that can hide from me when I’m actively looking for them.”
Unless backed by the power of other god of course—such as the case with Mawlock’s new realm.

“Ah! I see him!” Kaleb said happily. “…Why isn’t he doing anything?”

Kianu shrugged. “Because he is the father of nothing but his own realm of nothing, I suppose. That is his domain. As I love ice and the cold, which is my domain, so I’ve always assumed that Unry loves nothing.”

Assumed, your majesty,”
Kaleb chuckled. “Is not the same as knowing. If he loves nothing, then he wouldn’t be here. He wouldn’t be watching you.”

“Are you jealous?”

“I am, Your Grace.”
Kaleb winked. “But that’s because I’ve never met a being quite as enchanting as you. The only thing that stirs me up more is the thought of going fist to fist with my creator again…ah, and that redhead babe over there too.” Kaleb whistled. “She’s quite the dancer~”

“You won’t get anywhere close to beating him if you still can’t see the true forms of gods…”

Suddenly the door to her ballroom opened as Zexzad and his crew arrived—flashing multi-colored lights, fireworks, mists, and all. The Winter Elves clapped and cheered, unbothered by the sudden change brought in by the god of change, and knowing better than to disrespect a god. They didn’t dislike the showy entrance either. It was a party, after all, and on this day of celebration, the Queen of Everfrost Castle let them do as they pleased. Ysmir made a face—as Zexzad had left a bad impression when he’d first arrived in Everfrost—and whispered some things to Xanthos who didn’t know much about the other gods, but her elder sisters clapped politely. Falma nodded to the Winter Elf in charge of the orchestra and the music in the ballroom took on a more upbeat tune.

Kaleb and Kianu ended their dance, with a smooth bow and a cursty to each other.

“You danced well,” the goddess of ice complimented as she straightened, regaining her regal posture. She could feel the arrival of another god that had emerged from Krajowa’s domain. Was it Krajowa herself? No. It was different than the Krajowa she remembered seeing on her journey North, who filled the world with water, flooding the planet with one of the essences and requirements of life. The goddess’s voice no longer reached the frozen seas that surrounded the Frostlands. Perhaps she’d grown bored of Wysteria after leaving her mark. Or perhaps she’d simply faded away, forgotten by the rest of the world. Kianu didn’t know as she didn’t tend to interact with very many gods. They were all colleagues and coworkers who made the world what it was today…yet they were all oddly divided as well…each creating their own sperate things and immersing themselves in their own separate things.

Or at least it was what Kianu had been doing in the last century, designing the inside of her Castle—her Divine Realm—and enjoying its luxuries, as well as dealing with a pesky wolf, while her messengers traveled, bringing her powers of cold and winter to Wysteria every season. Or was it millennia? Time certainly flew by for immortals. Lifting a finger, Kianu let the tiny, illusionary, butterfly land on it, listening to the words of her fellow deity—a creation of the goddess Sigh—with amusement. A divine like herself didn't have any problems touching dreams if she so desired. Like the eight-legged diety, Nyylathe, questioned why she chose her form, [Master] questioned why she chose to leave her mark on the world. “Not as boring as I imagine guarding the dreams and fantasies of mortals all day long, Lord of Dreams. Ice is concrete. Everfrost Castle is my fantasy made manifest,” She shrugged. “I rule it because it’s mine. My castle. All my subjects are mine and I don’t mind tying my fate to something I care for. It is a good ruler’s duty to take care of their subjects…”

Her first Ice Maiden, her first friend, told her that when she built her first castle, Winterdale.

The fate of Wysteria—which was mostly the creation of others gods—actually wasn’t on the list of things she would tie her fate to…though she couldn’t deny she would feel a bit saddened to see some of the pretty creations disappear if that were to happen. The stars and flowers were lovely. The frost giants—or the ones that remained—were Sey’s children and they have proven their faith to her. They believed in her. Stayed in the cold with her. The Coria called to her. They needed her. They wanted her. Therefore, she would help them if they asked. Were her actions really all that strange? “This land was made by the gods and, since no god has told me otherwise, I had assumed it had been made for the gods—a canvas for us to paint on and play with as we wish. I hunt on it because I enjoy hunting.” But only in the Frostlands. “I teach the things I want to teach and help the things I want to help…but I don’t consider myself the ruler of anything that isn’t mine…nor those who chose to walk away from me...and I don't do the things I consider boring or wouldn't benefit me in some way or the other.”

That was why she allowed the dwarves, Azorf’s cursed descendants, to leave and build their homes elsewhere if they wished. The Frost Giants that chose not to listen to her and go to sleep as well. Harsh as it may be, the protection of Winter was only given to those who were able to endure her cold. Or those who called on it for protection…though Azorf’s descendants had proven their strength. They managed to pay back the debts of their ancestor as well. Therefore they’d earned her respect and she would let them live their lives however they wished, just as she had allowed Bihorn to do the same.

Bihorn’s soul she kept—just as she kept Azorf’s. Vitis could take as many souls as he liked from the Frostlands in his ‘Cycle of Rebirth’, as she didn't mind going along with his designs, but the ones she liked were hers. “I hope this answers your question, Lord of Dreams…and you have my condolences about what happened to your creator.”

Even if she didn’t really need to sleep, her girls still did, so it wasn’t hard to hear the rumors about the deity Mawlock and L’Oria trapped in a box because of a dragon.

“Am I a thing, Your Grace?”

Glancing as at Kaleb, Kianu smirked. “Well, Mawlock did give you to me to do with as I pleased…” Their lives had apparently been forfeit if they hadn’t found her as well. Mawlock called them his ‘children’ even if he was content to leave them in the hands of others. He called her ‘sister’ even if their conversations were few and far in between. That wasn’t ‘family’ in Kianu’s eyes. She respected the other gods as fellow beings of power born in the void like she had been, but her Ice Maidens were more family to her than the other gods were. Both her subjects and her family. They were hers. “But I’ll correct my wording since ‘person’ is the more accurate term.”

Kaleb laughed and bowed. “I appreciate your consideration, Your Highness.”

Kianu waved her hand, shooing the Kaleb away. “This ball was celebration to welcome you five to Everfrost Castle so you should enjoy this luxury while you can, Kaleb. The next challenge I give won’t be as easy.” It would a test of their wisdom after all. One of the things Mawlock probably didn’t (or couldn’t) give his favorite creations was the ability to solve an elaborate maze designed by a god…and since they couldn’t die, she could just leave them in there until the managed to solve it. “If I were you, I’d take the others and use this opportunity to mingle. Make as many friends as you can.”

Whether or not they managed to earn the favor of the gods, to complete their goal of defeating their creator in a brawl, was in their hands. She wouldn’t coddle them. Kianu couldn’t say she cared too deeply one way or another whether Mawlock outpunched his creations or his creations outpunched him…but she was personally hoping for the later since it would be more amusing. Mawlock was far too optimistic and underestimated the potential of his limit-less creations. She’d also grown to like them since she started training them and hoped to see them succeed—granted there was a difference between alleviating boredom and endangering the planet. Kianu would let them their fun, give them an opportunity achieve their goals, but only within the rules she set. That was the promise she’d made…and, if at any point, they decided they no longer wanted to beat Mawlock in a brawl, she would give them the choice of either a spot in her Winter Court or an area in her Hunting Grounds to live out their endless life in peace if they so desired…provided that they didn’t disturb the slumbering Frost Giants or the order of the Frostlands.

Plucking a glass of cold champagne from a tray carried by a passing Winter Elf, Kianu gracefully floated into the air like a delicate flake of snow, her eyes drifting across all those present in the ballroom. Thunder heralded the arrival of the storm god and his son. The goddess of magic arrived quietly with some sort of horned creature. Sinidarr’s child trying to sneak into the kitchen where some of the Winter Elves worked didn’t escape her notice either, though she chose to ignore it for now. Hopefully he didn’t get lost and find his way to her treasury or something. Garguntyr would deal with him in that case. Almost made her regret inviting so many gods to her realm, but it wouldn’t be a test for herself if she was comfortable with it. Gods needed to get to know each other and collaborate for the world to run smoothly. Her voice echoed across the ballroom, causing to music to go silent “First of all, I’d like to thank everyone present for taking the time to join us in this Winter Celebration—the birth of Sey’s second child and the welcoming new guests to Everfrost Castle. The Frostlands have faced some difficult times in the last century, as I’m sure the rest of the lands on Wysteria have, but all is not without merit. Xanthos, Kaleb, Erys, Lix, Huggorith, and Sigraine. May you find endless joy and contentment in my palace of ice.”

The Ice Maidens (three of them) and the Winter Elves clapped.

989871569c79769581c087b57c40f933.jpg
“As for the rest of my fellow divines, please feel free to eat, drink, dance, or socialize at your leisure. The hospitality of my Everfrost is yours for however long you decide to remain,” So long as they didn’t steal anything from her Castle or disturb her Hunting Grounds of course. She didn’t even know how long the party was going to last since, for gods, parties could last an eternity should they so desire. Time was irrelevant in palace of immortal ice. “So that you don’t leave my divine palace empty-handed, I’ve prepared simple party gifts.”

With a snap of Kianu’s fingers, flakes of divine snow fell into the ballroom—ones that wouldn’t cause the Dreamees to fade at being touched—transforming into little bells as soon as they were caught. “These bells will chime whenever a divine is near—so that we might always recognize each other regardless of how times change and different forms that may be taken in the future days to come.” Some gods might find a use for it. Some might not. Perhaps the mortals might find it more use for it than gods. It wasn’t as if she made party gifts with the intention of being useful per say…and making a gift for a god was much harder than making one for a mortal as there were few things she could make that her fellow gods couldn’t do on their own. It was why making gifts for mortals was so much more fun.

Host job done, Kianu drifted downward towards one of the icy tables, bringing the glass of cold champagne to her lips as the music resumed. Speech-giving had never been one of her strong suits. She’d always thought the god of Order would be the first to call his divine colleagues to a gathering to discuss how Wysteria should be cared for. Instead, he’d done most of the work himself, played the judge, and picked a side in an argument that was largely controversial. It was quite amusing really.

Solirus Solirus DapperKnight DapperKnight Stickdom Stickdom jmann jmann Karcen Karcen Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

(mentioned: Tetro Tetro )

Unry

1632877162137.png

As each God stepped into the ball were their names announced, Unry simply gave a glance at each of the newest arrivals almost like a wave, yet in this fragment he had not put arms or legs, something which could be changed with a simple thought. At the arrival of Sinidarr did Unry quickly turn his gaze, they were accompanied by both Paleros and Animus. Unry didn't pay much mind to Animus, they were doing well and the event in which Paleros showed genuine care for Animus felt amusing and somewhat endearing to Unry. Before finally staring completely at Sinidarr, Unry noted that Animus would keep orbiting Paleros for quite some time until it was told otherwise.

Unry remained near the Banquet watching as Sinidarr headed there through the dance floor instead of around it, "Straightforward as ever..." Unry spoke to Sinidarr through his mind, words only Sinidarr could hear, "It seems... many are enjoying... themselves." Unry remarked turning his gaze to all the dancers, "You didn't come... all the way here... to feast on the banquet are you?" Unry questioned as Sinidarr walked closer.

Interactions: jmann jmann

A scene with: Mawlock
EQsCMaNWoAIZiaX.jpg
Rehena: Goddess of Night, Serpents, Witchcraft, and Women
The realm she had created for herself was beautiful, and in that beauty Rehena had always found within herself a respite from all that came with Godhood. Of course, her duties were cherished and done gladly, but there was something to be said of the having of a place simply to be.

Eaethyr was her home, her own Haevynn of sorts. She had, after all, modeled the sacred Isle that safeguarded the first and largest of the Covens after the realm.

And so it was always bittersweet to part with it, as she did more often than quite a few of her fellow gods. The youth were more lively in their duties, she had noticed, many rushing about the mortal realm to pursue their tasks with a vigor that came with the excitement found most commonly in those who knew little of eternity. Rehena found them charming, a reminder of her own beginnings. She was one of the few who came First who still left her realm so often as they, even if the vigor of her initial centuries had quieted subtly into a constant, steady rhythm of contentment.

It was a great privilege to love one's work. It was even greater a gift to feel freedom in that love.

A gift the Mother of Night wished so desperately she could give to others, namely the god who reigned alone in his realm of beauty and fire, forever stagnant and tensed to douse unborn flames.

Perhaps that was why she insisted on visiting so often when nearly all others refused. In the centuries Rehena had come to Mawlock's home, she'd never been able to quell the feeling of unease it brought her. It was something to do with the way it all seemed rushed or unfinished. Everything in her realm was carefully woven from shadows and starlight, but this place was frozen in flame.
But she had never balked at the flames, and she wasn't about to start.

And so the beautiful goddess strode along the path flanked by deadly flames towards the gates of Mawlock's city, her gown of shadows the only remnant of the Night she so dearly loved. The only piece of Eaethyr in the land of the Watchful God.

Mawlock was caught off guard at the arrival of Rehena. Most others came directly to where he was, but he watched as she walked the long bridge towards the city. It was refreshing how down to earth she was. It was one of the reasons why he liked her so much, despite their many opposing viewpoints. When Rehena reached the city gates, the sounds of screaming, fighting, shouting, arguing, and all other sorts of anarchy could be heard. Upon opening the gates and walking through, Rehena found herself in Mawlock's throne room. He had transported her, not wanting her to bother with all the time it would take to get through the chaotic city.

"Rehena!" He walked to her, embracing her with the greatest hug he could muster. "It is good to see you again! It's been a while since your last visit." he released her from the hug after a few seconds, stepping back to smile at her. "What brings you here?"

Rehena returned the elder God's smile, his embrace familiar and even comforting in a strange fashion. Few understand why the Goddess who championed those forsaken by Mawlock insisted upon maintaining such a friendly relationship with him. It was a mystery even Rehena at time had forgotten the answer to. Days like these, however, it was a simple task to remember.

His beliefs, different as they were, did not change the fact that he was a good soul beneath the need to have order and structure in the life he'd woven. Rehena was of the few to know him personally enough to see how lonely he was, how in need of friendship and trust. Perhaps in time his views might shift, but she would continue to show him kindness and friendship all the same.

Grinning softly, the Night Goddess met Mawlock's gaze and responded in her warm, soft voice.

"Must I have a reason to visit an old friend? You cannot visit me, and so I shall visit you. After all, one of us must ensure you remain sane tucked away in this city as you are."

Her words were laced with amusement, but a note of concern shone through, even as she smiled at her friend.

"I guess you do not." He nodded. A table with two chairs materialized at the wave of his hand. "I assure you though, my sanity is doing well despite being inside this castle." He took his seat and gestured for Rehena to do the same. "I merely ask because so far no one has visited except to ask that I forfeit something."

There was an edge in his tone, a slight suspicion that Rehena might also be here for something.

"Nevertheless, it is always good to spend time with you, my oldest friend and sweetest sister. Speaking of which, how are your Witches? Still spreading your blessings to the female and the unwanted? My demons report so much to me that it is hard to keep track of the finer details of things."

Taking her seat, Rehena waved her hand, and upon the table appeared two glasses of golden wine, one glass before each deity.

Taking the glass before her, the goddess took a sip as she pondered her response. The wine was rich and warm to the taste, and came from the grapes grown in a vale in Eaethyr. Mawlock had mentioned some centuries ago that he was fond of it, and so she made sure to bring a glass to every visit.

"Indeed they are, and the Covens grow with every passing Moon. Already there are nine spread across the mortal world. Cath hardly sees me these days, I've been so busy with them. Of course, neither of us are half as busy as you, Brother. Tell me, how fair your humans? I hear you have quite the High Priestess tending to them at present."

Mawlock took the wine and drank it happily. When Rehena made mention of his high priestess, he chuckled. "Yes, you should know her well. Delilah, the human woman you tried to bed many centuries back." He playfully jabbed with his words. "My humans are fairing well. Now at least. They became rather brutish and unruly when under the not so watchful eye of Syrion, so I had to step in and bring order. Some have embraced enlightenment, while others still do as they please. To a degree, that is. I won't be allowing any more nonsense from them. I've even recently given Zexzad two humans to make mortal."

"You're still with Cath? I must say this is the longest I've seen you with a single woman."

"Cath and I are doing well, yes. Her company has brought me much joy, such that I no longer remember why the desires of my youth enchanted me so."

"I've yet to enjoy L'Oria's company. It has been quite lonely..." He stared at his wine, the loneliness weighing heavily on him the more he thought about it. Mawlock snapped out of his thoughts, clearing his throat and trying to compose himself. "I mean, I- hmmmm." He had never been flustered when speaking to any of the other gods, no matter how he felt, but Rehena was always able to bring out the part of Mawlock he tried to bury away as best he could.

He finished his wine, setting the glass down. "L'Oria has not come yet," He stated simply, ending that topic as quickly as he could.

Within the silver glow of her eyes, something flickered, unknowable in it's meaning. Her lips parted to allow another drink of wine, her expression pensive.

"L'Oria is Chaos in it's purest form, Brother. We know that better than most. You know she cares for you, in her way, but remember that the wind will flow and fire will dance as it wills. Even we Gods are subject to the whims of fate, old friend. If it is to be then so it shall be, but fear not that which has yet come to pass. L'Oria is not easily brought into walls and castles. She is not one to feel contained, and so I am sure you can understand why she might hesitate to come here. It is not a slight against you, Mawlock."

Her tone was gentle, soothing, even as her words were plain in their truth. It saddened her to see his pain, but it was known to her that this was a burden only he could shed. It was a prophecy self fulfilled, that this lonesome God would contain himself here in his city of Angels and Hellfire, forever wondering if a knock might sound upon the doors of his beautiful palace that might to some be like a gilded cage.

His demeanor changed at the mention of L'Oria. The air around them became heavier, hotter, and his form became darker. "Not a slight against me? I did this all for her!" He slammed his hand on the table, gesturing with his other all around them. "I have done nothing but give and give AND THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT ME!?" He punched the table, hellfire beginning to crackle around his form as he seethed.

Where another god might flinch or gape, the Goddess merely watched, an ache in her heart for the rage inside her friend. Such rage was a sickness if allowed to fester...she wished there was something she could do for him, but all she could do was be a calming presence. She knew he would never harm her, and so she let him rage.

After looking at Rehena, he realized how he was acting and became composed, calming himself. "..." He tapped his finger on the table, thinking more on Rehena's words despite the frustration they brought him. His eyes glanced off to the side quickly, as if he were looking at another, before darting back to Rehena just as fast. Whispers could be heard echoing around them both, as if someone were standing behind Rehena and Mawlock.

Echoes that Rehena knew all too well.

The air was heavy with the truth she'd spoken, and so she tried to smile in the mischievous manner of her youth, her eyes dancing with memories of her own chaos.

"Also, I will have you know that your Human woman played as much of a part in that as I. Her charm was...a welcome challenge at the time. But that time is behind me, now that I have found my place with Cath. I will say, though, that it surprises me to learn of your decision to make of your Humans two mortals. Thus far, the only mortals to come of the humans were those who came to be of a Coven, and those have been few as you well know. What changed?"

Quickly, Mawlock moved onto the topic of the humans, and the whispers faded. "The charm of all my humans is unmatched, even by most of the gods. The only part Delilah played was trying to get you to fight her." The subject change helped him lighten up, but he was still on edge, containing a lot more than he'd reveal so easily. "Sylvin," he corrected her. "Those who looked human that have joined the Covens were Sylvin. If you are not looking carefully enough the only difference you'll find is that the Sylvin are not as beautiful. As for what changed... Well, Zexzad came and made his own desires known, and I felt his were more worthy of my consideration."

"Zexzad will be the one picking the two humans to make mortal. He helped me see things differently, as he is the god of change. Vitis has always wanted the humans mortal, even though that was never their purpose. But their desire for it comes from an obsession with death and souls. So I'd say, nothing has changed. I'm simply more inclined to favor those who don't make demands and act like entitled children."

Rehena nodded, her understanding evident. She had long believed that such a thing would eventually be necessary to quell the pride of the Human race. It was one of the topic upon which she and Mawlock had always agreed to disagree. He viewed the Humans as his prized creation, perfect and beautiful and pius, but Rehena had never been one to see gifting a Earthborn race Immortality. Her witches lived long and purposeful lives, serving the women of the world and spreading her blessings to all who needed them, but in the end each and every woman who would call herself a Witch would die, their souls a part of the sacred cycle of death and birth.

And so, in this, she was of the same mind as Vitis.

"You know I am honest in that Vitis and I agree on this, but regardless of the why it is still for the betterment of the Mortal World that something be done. I think you made the right decision, Mawlock."

"You and Vitis hold the same lacking of understanding and respect that the cycle you both speak of BEGINS with me. LIFE, death, and then rebirth. I don't need the approval of the god of harvests or anyone telling me how to handle life and balance, both of which I am THE authority on. I don't bother or harass the other gods about how they do their jobs and I expect the same treatment."

Mawlock eyed Rehena, letting silence take hold for a moment to let the weight and seriousness of his words settle.

"As for whether or not what I did was the right decision is something I am going to be keeping a close eye on. What I am doing is testing to see how the gods handle my personal creation. If they prove incompetent in tending to the humans properly as Syrion has in the past then I will undo the changes. If the gods continue to act blind to the very obvious fact that humans were created superior to other creation at the beginning I will simply disregard them as they disregard me. Even my generosity has its limits with those inept in mind and reasoning."

It was an effort not to sigh, but even the Goddess of Night could understand his frustration. He was right in that their holy cycle began with his domain of Life, but she wished he could see that the end was just as important as the beginning. Even so, she cared for him deeply, having witnessed his sorrows and rages and tears. He was indeed a brother to her, a friend.

And so she nodded, offering a small smile.

"I don't blame you for feeling that way, Brother. Were the roles reversed I would find it difficult to react in any other manner than you are in this, and so if you need anything you need only ask. The humans are yours to govern, and I hope that you are able to see your orders fulfilled. As the mortal races grow ever more complex in their cultures and dealings, we must all keep a close eye. Perhaps my Witches might be of some assistance? I know they aren't permitted within the temples, but perhaps we can come to some sort of arrangement...I have a high Priestess of my own who may be able to aid Delilah in calming any uproar in the human realms."

"At the moment there is no uproar amongst the Humans. The druids have returned to the main settlement and are working on teaching those who are enlightened how to properly work alongside nature in both their building and their living habits." The idea of having a Witch near his humans as they worked bothered him, but it gave him an idea. "But... Perhaps bringing some of your Witches to the settlement would prove beneficial. We could turn it into a hub for all the races of the world to find refuge and guidance. While you have many Covens they are far more exclusive than... You know, it should be given a name."

Mawlock seemed to be in a better mood now that he was talking about plans and organizing and creating something new. "Roma. What do you think? You could establish a coven there with your high priestess. From there, my Humans and your Witches can help bring order to the mortal races of the world."

"Roma." Rehena repeated the word as if tasting it. She smiled, pleased. "It is a good name, a fit name. As for you idea, I would love nothing more than to have a Coven be brought to the Human Realms. Of course, you know as well as I that my people have a different idea or Order. Still, to have a city where all mortals nay come in search of knowledge and understanding...perhaps it may bring about the cooperation between the mortal races that we have sought. I have a few girls in mind from one of my larger Covens...yes they will do well."

Already names and faces were brought to mind, Witches New and Old, Made and Born. All women of wisdom and courage, with dreams to bring the world together. To show the other mortal races that there was beauty in their world, in each other.

"This could be an excellent opportunity to bring our domains and people together. I know we have our disagreements, but with this we might find the common ground between our creations. Within this city we may bring together many mortals to share their knowledge and cultures. We may begin to bring a lasting peace, an understanding of each other. Perhaps my Witches won't be so very misunderstood if they can be allowed a place among the other races in a common city, shared by all. What say you, Brother?"

Mawlock stared at Rehena, nodding slowly as she spoke. "What say I? I say that's a beautiful idea." He stood up from his chair. "There is a ball being held by Kianu. It has already begun. You should go and attend. All of the gods will be there and I wouldn't want to keep you. We can speak more after." He waved his hand and a large mirror appeared, revealing Kianu's castle. "Give my regards to Cath." Mawlock walked back over to his throne and sat down, letting out a big sigh of relief.

Finishing her wine, Rehena stood with a wide smile. She strode to him on his way towards that throne, embracing him soundly, before turning towards the mirror. "Thank you, Brother. I will be back again soon, and we will have much to discuss of Roma. Fair thee well, old friend."

And then she was gone, another figure passing through the glass.

Last edited:
Nation of Yu

bf04e79aeec6a8ace985f253dbbb358c.jpg
With the awakening of the goddess Cath there had been much activity in the nation as the priests had been stripped of their power and cast down by proclamation of Cath herself after her judgment of the two that had caused her to intervene in the affairs of the Yu’Varth. Gone was the untouched well as over it now hung a splendid castle that glittered and glowed with countless gems and crystals. The laylines took a spectral form and grew up from the well like a ghostly tree. Now all knew Cath was awake and all would know where she was for unlike many gods she had a residence here and had made no personal realm.

That was not all as things had happened outside the city, with the fudgment a new city had been ordered to be built in the crystal wastes. The area was dangerous, yet Cath had commanded it be settled and E'ral had taken up the challenge. As a mason he had plenty of support from his guild in the creation of this new city. The founder had not been alone as many Yu’Varth had decided they wanted to build a place of their own, and to settle more than just the area around the well. Thus had Xib'E'ral started. It had been hard at first as the sands had buried any work they had made. The dwellers of the desert had claimed their toll, yet never had the Yu’Varth waived in their dedication and zeal. Now the city was grown and splendid, protected from the desert by a mystical barrier that was like that which covered all of Quan’Cath.

This was their first city, built by their hand alone and they had tried in some way to stick with the style Cath had laid out in the first city as it was not called, but also to make it their own. They made the towers' spendly needles that shot high into the skies interlocked with bridges made of pure magic and great domes capped many buildings with small shards of crystal arranged and colored to create images in light on the inside. In the front of the city were a pair of great gates that needed no door for all were welcome into the city. Still the location had it’s problems, the crystals had long sucked the life from the very earth of the area and thrust crops could not be grown and livestock could not be raised. The Yu’Varth could live off the mana in the air, but few wished to for it was bland; they desired the flavor of what grew and what they had raised.

Trade was the answer, yet to travel in a caravan on the ground was so slow. Even with magic preserving everything it was just a very long wait. There were little limits on space as simply using a spell to make a wagon inside larger than the outside allowed mass goods to be transported, but it took too many Yu’Varth to get it all organized and together and was only so profitable in both Ethers and raw materials gathered from the wastes. There was much debate over the solution, the simplest was to create portals from one point to another and bring all the goods through. This was less practical than it seemed as the creation of proper permanent portals of the size needed was just not something that was feasible in a reasonable timeframe. The merchant’s guild and the mages guild had many meetings each throwing out ideas and plans making and breaking agreements. The solution came from neither guild but instead a single new merchant that was almost not a part of the guild at all for his less than scrupulous practices. Ka’ve a name that would be remembered for generations, had in an attempt to get around the fees and taxes on the caravans had asked a friend to help him enchant a boat. The small crafts often had in the past been taken out into the well and down rivers and to lakes, but Ka’ve had another idea.

His ship would not plow the water. But the skies above. The ship had of course been made to have a far larger interior so even though the ship was small it held more than enough goods for him. Ka've made good time to Xib'E'ral far faster than traveling by land and beat the next caravan by too much time. The guards suspicious of him arrested him and took him to the merchants guild house. There after some work his identity would be sorted, his creation his skyship was taken however, as a fine for breaking contracts.

TgrU7mi.jpeg
While the story would change over time Ka’ve had brought about a revolution in the transport of goods. While it took time the land bound caravans would be replaced by the mercantile fleet which could transport not just goods but Yu’Varth in a short time from one city to the other. Some skyships would even be bought by the adventurer's guild or even some groups of adventures themselves to better help explore the vast lands of Quan’Cath.

• ff846e94dde1461d664545820cdbb98c.jpg
    The stag watched over Miko and Dream's End as they explored the outskirts of the human settlement. A mortal and a god, playing together as if there were no difference, something that would not have been possible mere hours ago. Dream's End still had much to learn in the ways of controlling the blight inside them, but for now this was a step towards a more stable path. If all was well along the way, there would be no risk of the war-child suffering from the Vice of the firstborn.

Their attention shifted, drawn to something in the wind. An invitation had arrived, addressed to the gods of Harvest and War. The stag read its contents, "A call to celebration rings out across creation. Miko, Dream's End, the time has come to leave. A gathering of gods awaits in the snow. Fear not, young Miko, while one may not be of divine make, one is under this one's protection. One would most certainly reunite with Zexzad as well. Celebrations attract change and dissonance like flies to honey."

"Allow this one to make the journey swift."
    The stag knelt down close to the ground and allowed Miko and Dream's End to climb up onto their back.

The two children were small, but the stag's thick black fur made it easy to cling on. Even still, each step of the stag was perfectly balanced and free of needless movement. As they ran through forest and over field and meadow, to the two seated on the stag's back it would feel as smooth as clear water. Eventually, the forests gave way to icy sea and frosted sky. The stag gracefully leapt along the waves and over glaciers, hooves never breaking the water. In a matter of moments, the three had arrived within the shadow of a castle of shimmering ice.

The stag gently lowered the two children onto the snow then looked to the gods entering the castle. Many mortals were present, be they servants or partygoers, and many beastly gods had changed their appearance to match the occasion. The stag tilted their head, "Ah, today gods don the visage of mortal beings and partake in their pleasantries. A most curious occasion indeed. For the sake of the snowy huntress and her guests, this one shall humour such peculiar fancies."

Raising their crowned head, the stag caught a passing snowflake on the tip of their nose. It grew in size, becoming a pearly bud that bloomed outwards, attracting all other snowflakes around the stag. Soon, the snow turned into white petals that flurried around the stag, coating their black fur in pearls of white. Vitis Gurthu was lost in this little petal storm, and whenever the flowers finally settled they were gone...

• Nechiku & Lechiku
    Interacting with: jmann jmann
    Mention: Solirus Solirus

1cd47e6b83b4ed7adec388e3056949ef.jpg
    47cf34ffabd2e644f891797490eba10d.jpg
    "This one is thankful for thy wisdom, Spreader of Seeds..." Said the voice, fading away, "May the fresh scent of flowers protect thee always..."

Nechiku snapped back into control with a pained hoot. She dipped her dark head in thanks to the god, though this time not of customary respect. "I am in your debt, great bringer of storms. Forgive me, I can spare no more words."

The monstrous owl dived back towards the realm, wings swifter than wind. Nechiku landed beside Lechiku, stirring up a cloud of rubble and snow. "Lechiku? Lechiku, what has happened to you?"

The white owl was unresponsive, save for a subtle twitching and ragged breaths. Her sides were caved in, as if she hadn't eaten for weeks. Nechiku prodded her shoulder with a claw, waking her twin.

"Nechiku... I've been cursed... messed with... wrong god." the white one wheezed, talons digging into the stone. "So.. hungry..."

"Unry cursed you? Lechiku, what have you done? No, no, no this cannot be. Stay here, I'll hunt you some prey!" In a second, Nechiku returned to Lechiku's side with three dead mountain bears. She was shaking. "Here! Quickly!"

"Always... better than... me."

"Shut up and eat!" screeched Nechiku, practically shoving the bloody beast into Lechiku's maw. With talons and beak, she ripped apart the corpses to make them easier to consume. The mountaintop was drenched in red gore, making the buzzards circle. As she did this, Nechiku had her back to Lechiku, but was quick to notice as a shift in the air. She whipped around just in time to see white feathers and dark claws.

Lechiku was laughing, even as Nechiku grabbed onto to her arm and held it fast with sharp talons. She dug her beak into her twin's arm, giggling. A red mist wafted from her form. "Hungry! Must hunt!"

The black owl shrieked in pain and shook herself loose, flying out of her twin's reach. She watched in horror as Lechiku ate the chunk of flesh she had ripped out, then busied herself with the bear corpses. Nothing was left behind, not even bones. Nechiku's wound bled. "Lechiku! Stop this!"

"More... more flesh!" was Lechiku's response, turning her eyes to a the Tilune village in the distance.

"NO!" Nechiku collided with the white owl, knocking them both from the sky and into a swamp nearby. A group of frogglins, who had just set up a fishing net, scattered as their hard work was crushed by two giant owls. The white one shot up and chased a few, but luckily for them, stopped to eat whenever a fish was dropped from their bags.

Nechiku quickly scooped up the frogglins before her twin could get them, flying towards the end of the marsh. The little things clung onto her feathers for dear life, croaking in a panic. She hoped they had some sort of language. "Do you people have a food supply? A hunting ground? Quickly, or you'll be eaten instead."

Their gurgles of responses were more than enough for Nechiku to understand. "Near big tree! Where we caught Sinidarr"

"You caught Sinidarr?!"

"A-almost. An ambush!"

Another frogglin spoke up, "We can trap owl too! Fight it... like Sinidarr said! Frogglin are not cowards!"

Lechiku flew close behind, cackling as she smashed through trees. One of the frogglins, who still clung onto their bag, threw a fish behind them. The white owl swerved and stopped to eat it before continuing the chase. "Trap is still there! Bring bad owl to it! Then, we strike!"

Begrudgingly, Nechiku agreed. "Alright, I can keep her busy. We can lure her to that tree. Put any food you have there and wait. Try to bind her wings and feet. Do not look into her eyes!"

Agapi
aaab28bea454ff4054ad070a3d6c3951.jpg
  • ~~Collab with Tetro Tetro ~~

The flower's light faded, and all at once the petals blackened and turned to ash. What remained was a faint blue seed. Agapi smiled softly at it and placed it within the folds of her robes.

"So... this is the realm beyond Mawlock's castle." She said, walking down the stone steps that lead through the courtyard. She reached the gates and pushed them open.

The sounds of shouting and activity within the city that surrounded the castle sounded distant and far off. But, as soon as Agapi pushed open the gates, a wave of heat enveloped the goddess. Following the heat, the sounds of shouting and conflict flooded her ears. Millions upon millions of voices and activities all at once with no pause or moment of rest. Past the gate Agapi would find herself immediately entering a busy street packed with demons and other hellish beings going about their business. Two larger demons, once beautiful angels now charred from the divine fires of chaos and order, stood guard by the gates, each one acknowledging Agapi silently with nods before turning their attentions back to their duties.

There were three directions to go for Agapi to go if she were to travel by foot: left, right, and straight. That was, IF she could get through the packed tide of underworld denizens, many of which were simply standing in small groups, debating and arguing. It seemed those in verbal conflict were only seconds from getting physical, yet none made moves against their kin, at most either slamming or throwing or breaking objects in frustration. The only ones that Agapi could witness being physically assaulted were the lesser demonic beings. It was clear from where Agapi stood that despite the chaotic and divided energy of the realm, there was order and hierarchy sown deep within the fabrics of the city and its people.

Agapi was frozen in place, eyes wide and unsure. So this was Mawlock’s true ream? The palace has seemed so sombre and regal, but this… this was a stark contrast. She watched the arguing demons down in the street, and unable to stand it, decided to approach.

Gathering up her skirts, she made her way towards the nearest debate. “Excuse me, what seems to be the matter? Might I be of assistance, dear friends? Please, I am sure we can sort this out peacefully.”

The demons turned to look down at the goddess. Up close, the beings that were once angels were much taller than all of the other creatures of the realm. "Peacefully? What could possibly be peacefully sorted out when that child of a god killed a human so flippantly?" One of them scoffed.

"Not all the gods are born with the knowledge that the old gods have!" Another shouted.

"Vitis was watching over them, and Vitis knew damn well enough! But did they even try to stop Dreams End?!"

The group erupted back into heated debate. The topic seemed to be about the situation of Vitis and Dreams End visiting the human settlement and what transpired.

"Vitis needs to stay out of the business of the living!"

'Vitis wasn't the one who killed the human!"

"The human wouldn't have died if Vitis kept that moronic blob in check!"

"The human didn't even die! Mawlock kept him from death!"

"But the attempt was still made because the gods don't respect the authority of others!"

"This isn't about the other gods!"

"It sure as hell will be soon enough! If Vitis can go around trying to do Mawlock's job and sticking their nose where it doesn't belong, then who's to say that others won't follow suit?!"

The arguing seemed to have no end. And quickly Agapi would realize many more debates and disagreements were happening all around, and this was simply one of the many.

Being a creation of the stag, it was discomforting enough to hear open slander towards the god, yet even worse to have her past life be the subject of argument. Agapi was at a loss for words, her tongue held by sheer shock.

The aggression in the demon’s tone terrified the young goddess. She thought of running back to the castle, to her tree, but she steeled herself. Balling her fists to her side, she raised her voice so the two could hear, “My apologies for interrupting once more, but I would like to know more from you. Is this… death .. the reason for the godly conflict? I heard your kind acted as wise watchers and guides. Surely there must be more meaning behind this, a misunderstanding perhaps? I know the stag would never take a life without reason.”

She motioned to the two demons arguing, “Mawlock and Vitis are kin, even when divided, just as you both are. Please, you mustn’t forget this.”

The demons listened to Agapi, irritated at her interruption. But, they gave her her chance to speak. "The issue goes as far back as Syrion when he was given the humans as a gift," one of the demons explained. She looked around at the others, and they all silently nodded to her, allowing her to be the one to explain to the young goddess. "Mawlock made gifts for each of the gods, and even took on a form similar to that of Syrion as a way to show respect and pay homage to those he considered siblings. One of those gifts, were humans. They were divine creations, meant to act as living reflections of Syrion so that all those that would also come to be on the earth would know of the beauty and love Syrion brought to the planet."

She glanced at the others quickly, still making sure there weren't any issues with her explanation of things. "But, Mawlock did not make humans to be intelligent like the gods were. They were innocent and naive, like babies. Syrion was meant to care for them, and love them. That is what Mawlock hoped for at least from the so-called god of love." The demon speaking was obviosly less than fond of Syrion. "Since that moment, the seed of doubt was planted in Mawlock's mind. At first, he was only critical of Syrion. Mawlock tasked Kassandra, who the gods knew as Kail, with getting knowledge from Unry to give both the mortals and the humans so that they might attract the attention of Syrion. But Kail became distracted by a goddess, and hadn't taught the races of the world thoroughly. In addition to that, when Syrion came back to see how the humans had been fairing, he was only interested in treating them as slaves and objects. The humans had become divisive and violent, then fell under the abuse of Syrion."

Another demon chimed in, taking over the conversation, "soon enough, the incident with the goddess of sleep occurred. Another god who mistreated life and showed they had no respect or care for others than themselves and their own interests." He crossed his arms, "that is when things went from bad to worse, and the doubt Mawlock had in his fellow gods as a whole began to take hold in his heart... I need not explain what happened after that I'm sure." He looked around, and none responded with words, only seeming to hurt at the memory.

"Anyways... The union with L'Oria only warped him. Order being chaos, but being order, but being chaos, but being order, you get the point. It's an endless loop that Mawlock is stuck in so long as he remains so closely connected to L'Oria. Then, there is the most recent conflict with Vitis."

The original demon interrupted, speaking up as she stepped closer to Agapi, "The god of rebirth and harvest, criticizing the god of life for granting life. Vitis allowed Dreams End to kill a human, and then Vitis attempted to handle the soul. As important as Vitis and End are to the cycle, they have violated it plenty with their meddling in life. Especially with one that was not created to ever end. And so, that is why there is conflict. Gods are overstepping their boundaries and expressing that they have no respect for others that do not bend to their whims, and it has done nothing but antagonized Mawlock."

“That is most terrible… to be given as a gift, only to be cast aside and forgotten.” Agapi murmured, thinking of her own demise under the eyes of Vitis Gurthu. “Godly creations should never suffer abuse from their creators”

"Do you understand now? There were no misunderstandings..." the demon leaned in close, her face inches from Agapi's, "The gods are just fucking assholes." She seethed, her words as sharp as a razor and as venomous as a snakes.

Agapi's face paled, a look of sadness overwhelming her features. Tears were brimming in her eyes by the time the demon faced her. It looked like she would crumble, but instead she took the demon’s hands in her own.

“Please, on behalf of the gods, take my sincerest apologies for everything that has happened to you and your kin. You all have suffered so greatly, yet I know that Mawlock still cares for you all. I know, in your hearts, he is still your father.” She smiled, squeezing the demon’s hands slightly, “I will do all that is in my power to see this madness banished. I shall speak to the gods, but first I shall speak to his children. You have known Mawlock since the beginning. Tell me, do you believe there is a chance to reverse this madness?”

The demon tried to step back when Agapi took hold of her hands. A delicate white light enveloped the demon, giving her and those around her concern before her form was completely encased. The other demons moved back, wary of also being touched by the goddess. The commotion and bright light in the grim realm caught the attention of those around them. The light turned into thousands of little blossoms that drifted off the woman, revealing her new form. Her once black hair was now blonde, her leathery wings now clear and iridescent.

ca7da4bf8ff5e30c871887a30d658151.jpg
    The woman looked around, partially confused, as if seeing everything for the first time, "w-what? Where am I? What happen-" her eyes widened in horror at everything around her. The demons, the fire, the twisted realm. She was starting to panic, pulling her hands free from Agapi, "what is this place?!"

Agapi was equally as surprised, having done this transformation accidentally. Quickly, she tried to calm the purified demon, "It's alright! You are safe. This is Mawlock's realm... I... cannot tell you more than that for I am new to this place as well. However, I can assure you that I will not allow any harm to come to you."

She motioned to the surrounding demons, "You were once a demon, but my godly essence seems to have changed your form. I apologize if this is so sudden, or not to your liking. I had not meant to change you without consent. It... simply came to be... I hope you do not mind."

"This is what!? Demon?! What are you talking about?!" She could barely make sense of what Agapi was saying, still freaking out about where she was and all who were around her. "This place certainly doesn't feel safe!" Light focused around her hands as she readied herself. The demons all began to move away, a few jumping to the side as she quickly let loose a blast of divine energy. A chunk of the building blew off, disintegrating immediately when impacted. "This place is disgusting! The air itself feels tainted!"

"Dammit Sera! Stop breaking everything!" A demon shouted from behind cover. She looked to where she heard the voice, realizing that Agapi may have been correct. "No one knows my name but my siblings and father... What is going on?! Someone explain!" She demanded.

"N-no please, it truly is alright! These demons know your name because they are your siblings. You were all once angels, then twisted into demons by Mawlock and now... you are something else." Agapi quickly explained, waving her hands in front of herself, "It is true, this place is heavy with sadness and corruption, sprung from the heart and mind of ou- your father, but I am here to change that. Would you like to help me?"

Sera eyed the demons around them before turning her attention back to Agapi. "If what you say is true, then why would I not want to help? But how could I? Father is a god, and while you might be one too, you aren't as powerful as him. I don't remember anything before... Before being called down." The memories were fuzzy, but the last thing Sera remembered was feeling herself and everyone else being pulled into a different realm by Mawlock.

Agapi smiled, "You are right, I am nothing compared to the might of Mawlock, or any full god, but I do not need to be. Nor do you. Bring your memories, and your love, and your voice, and that is all you will need. I intend to speak with the gods, let them know of Mawlock's pain... and of you demons. If they will listen, they can use their godly powers to cure him."

She looked at the surrounding demons, "While I may not be able to heal him, perhaps I can heal some of you instead?"

"The gods can't help!" A demon shouted.

"They could if they knew!" Another retorted.

"The only thing that would come from it would be conflict!"

Inevitably, the demons began to bicker once more. Shouting and arguing sounded all around the two, only escalating as the seconds passed. Sera took hold of Agapi, feeling her new wings for a second before flying off with the goddess. "We need to get somewhere not so damn loud. Do you know a way out of here?" She asked Agapi while she flew above the city.

Agapi clutched onto Sera, trying not too fall into the city below. She thought for a moment. Perhaps if she used the same teleportation method, she could exit this realm and find the other gods. "The tree... in my garden. It is my gateway. Let us return to Mawlock's castle. I will transport us out of this realm!"

Sera nodded, heading back towards Mawlock's castle. As she flew up to get a clear view of where to land, Sera took a moment to look around. The realm was massive, and the city seemed endlessly large. "This place is massive..." Sera was in awe at the size of everything, but was bothered at the grim atmosphere and the intense heat from the ocean of fire beyond the land mass the city resided upon.

"To think Mawlock would make a world like this," she shook her head in disappointment. After flying longer than expected, Sera caught sight of the garden below. It was the only exposed part of the castle, excluding the various balconies. Sera landed gently, setting Agapi down first beside the tree. Once they were in the garden, the noise had completely died down. "It's almost like there's a bubble around the castle. I can't hear all the shouting anymore. I wonder why?" Sera waved her hand dismissively, "whatever, lets just leave."

“R-right, we should make haste. The longer this goes on, the deeper the madness grows.” Agapi said, turning to the guardian sapling. It almost seemed to hum in greeting as she approached and placed a hand on its curved trunk. “Now, where would be best. Finding each god will be difficult. Of course, I could always ask Unry. He is knowledgeable in all things… perhaps I should commune with the stag as well. They may know where to begin.”

Agapi closed her eyes and reached out to her connection with the stag. After a brief moment of reflection she opened her eyes and let out a happy laugh. She grabbed one of Sera’s hands and shook it slightly, grinning, “Oh, Sera, fate smiles on us! There is a celebration of gods, all gathered in the home of Kianu! This is a chance to speak to the gods all at once! We can beg them for assistance!”

She let go of Sera’s hand and awkwardly cleared her throat, “My apologies, I seem to have lost my composure. Well, if this is to be a party then I had best look my best. Perhaps it is time I try my hand at godly creation”

e6e01d60bea6d69305c7fe6c4df6f029.jpg
    Agapi caught a falling blossom in her hand and whispered words to it. It burst into a white light, enveloping her current robes and hair. Her robes became a flowing dress of blue fabric, her hair partially braided and intertwined with fresh blossoms from her tree.

After it was finished, Agapi twirled in it, observing her handiwork. “I think… I think this will do. Sera, would you like a dress as well?”

"Wait hold on, all of the gods gathered? Hey, I don't know how much has changed since, well, I changed, but I doubt the gods have changed much either. The chances that any of them are going to listen to you is just too low. Especially if I am there. I couldn't stand before ALL of the gods and ask them to help with whatever it is we're trying to get help with. Do we even know what we would be asking of them?" Sera didn't know how many other gods there were now, since she knew Agapi wasn't one since she last remembered. With such a large gap in her memory she didn't know what had gone on or who could be trusted. "And here's another thing to think about, what if Mawlock doesn't even want help?"

Agapi looked crushed, "What do you mean... surely he would like help? The gods are inactive because they are unaware of Mawlock's state of mind. They see eachother as family, I know this is true. Mawlock even said that he and the stag have been good friends since the beginning. And there is a lady in a gown of night. I do not know her name, but I know she is there. There is also L'Oria. If I can speak to her, perhaps she will help?"

She frowned, thinking of her options. "Mawlock... not wanting help? If he is sick, perhaps he is unaware of it? Is it right to let him suffer so? I do not think so. I was given to Mawlock by Vitis, I was charged with being a loyal attendant, and I will do everything in my power to help him. I cannot bear to see him suffer this way! I must find a means to help him!"

Sera bit her lip and looked around, trying to come up with something, anything. But she couldn't. She didn't have any ideas, and it seemed like they didn't have all the time in the world. "Well... Alright then. Let's go. I don't need a dress, what I'm wearing is fine. Lead the way." Maybe the gods had changed and she simply didn't know. Whatever the case, Sera was going to do what she did best and follow the lead of the god.

Cath & Kianu

Cath listened to the speech Kianu gave and let a snow flake land on her hand and turn into a bell. Cath had little interesting in the bell in truth as unless a god had the power of two they could not hide themselves. That would be only one god and that god was not present. Cath did however have a purpose for it and in her hand a shaft of ice formed a circle forming at the top around the bell and becoming green in color. The ice soon became metal and wood turning into a child sized staff.

Cath held it out to U'de " We will make it do more at home" Cath said planning to infuse the staff with plenty of protective and offensive magic.

" Thank you" U'de said soon following after Cath as she walked off towards a balcony.

Cath was going to do as she had said and visit with Kianu she was not the most social of gods and in truth thought only of what happened in her land as her concern. She had not paid to much attention to the world and simply wanted to not be to involved. Still she had come simply to see how they others faired in the lands outside hers and she did not mind the goddess of winter as her season was pretty. She could leave being social to her love and deal with what she wanted to deal with. The cycle of life and death was not hers and even the magic outside of her lands was not hers.

Cath would head to a balcony and find Kianu " It is a lovey party you have decided to host" Cath said givign the host of the party a curtsy which U'de mimicked " Even if not all of us show"

Turning from where she'd been watching Allagi Maljer live with the wolves in her hunting grounds, her divine hunter's sight able to pick out even the smallest fleck in the distance, Kianu returned Cath's curtsy, glancing curiously at the horned child the goddess of magic had brought with her. "Thank you. It is an honor to have so many gods show up to my little celebration as it is."

Cath saw the glance to U'de and knew any god that saw her minus vitis would be curious. He might even be surprised given how she had acted.

"Yes well it is because U'de that I came" cath said gesturing to the girl.

"Winter is really pretty I wanted to say so" U'de said. She had not been around fir a year but Cath had shown her various things to distract her.

Kianu's face lit with a genuine smile as she bent over to pat U'de's hair. "You have good eyes, Child." Gaze flickering to Cath, Kianu addressed the goddess of magic. "I assume the Great Stag had something to do with her creation?" The horns really gave it away...though there was something peculiar about the soul as well.

"We had a meeting" Cath said not exactly eager to tread over that ground again.

"He took offense to my removing a souk from his rebirth. I can see why he annoys some" Cath sighed not naming who but it was clear who "He decided to make U'de from that soul to stop me from going after it as I said I might" that was as worst case scenario but the deer had got one over her.

"Now I find myself bringing her along with me " Cath commented almost confused as to why she did that.

"I do not see why one soul would make such a difference..." Kianu tilted her head. If Vitis took offense to one soul being taken out of his cycle, then she didn't imagine the Stag of Harvest would be very happy with her as she claimed many of the souls she hunted in the Frostlands. "...But that was certainly clever of him."

Kianu played with U'de's hair. "A soul freed of all the memories from its past lives becomes freed of all the crimes it might have committed as well. Rebirth a fresh start."

As cruel as some of Kianu's punishments could be whenever she was annoyed, even she never really considered destroying a soul unless it truly deserved it. Such a waste when it could always be used to make something else instead. Soul creation wasn't so easy for her after all. Some gods probably had an easier time with it - producing the energy that powered life that is. "If you've grown to like her, it must be because she's done something worth liking."

"Clever and annoying " Cath said. She knew if U'de had been anything else she would have caused them. She had cast his soul into the void for a reason. Still the soul becoming U'de had achieved the same thing. Cath really didn't know how to respond to the idea she liked U'de that was. She had taken her because she was a gift and named her just to limit her wrath.

U'de smiled as the winter goddess gave her head pats "Father can be like that all souls should be born again " she said a simplistic view of things.

"Yes well Vitis thinks to much of himself. He worries not just fir himself but for others" cath sighed mostly meaning mawlock

"But isn't that normal you care about others?" U'de asked sounding truly confused.

Cath blushed "Yes well I um I care for what I make " she said looking away "and some other things" it was hard to admit she cared for U'de as more than a gift.

Kianu watched the interaction between Cath and U'de with interest. Seemed the goddess of magic had found something important to her other than Quan' Cath. "That reminds me...I never did thank you for giving Falma, Sey, and Ysmir those Snow Griffins, Mistress of Magic. My girls love them. The Yegon you've put in the Frostlands as well. Sey is making great use of those children-loving tree creatures as Bifrost is but still a babe."

She'd seen the Frost Giant left in an icy forest on Giant's Ridge where some of those moving trees seemed to have gathered around the child. Interesting creatures to be sure, they seem to have a knack for finding where kids were--the Ice Wyvern nests, the location where Snow Serpents eggs were buried, caves where some baby white bears slumbered, etc. It worked out well since she promised the Frost Giants that they would have more prey to hunt once they awakened. Waiting for the land to replenish was all well and good, but Kianu was a creator of ice and had every intention designing some new ice-creatures for her Hunting grounds as well...using the souls that died in the Frostlands, of course. Or the souls that died during Winter. In the Cold.

She'd always thought she and Vitis Gurthu were alike in many ways...but they were starkly different as well. He protected the wilds and resources of nature. She was a hunter. He was the herald of Spring, harvests, and rebirth. She brought Winter and death. He wanted a cycle...but she was perfectly content to preserve souls in immortal ice...using them and recycling them to make new creations whenever she liked. She couldn't say she'd ever thought it was normal to care for others. Kianu was used to being alone. Used to being selfish. She couldn't say she gave too many 'gifts' to Wysteria that wasn't something cold and uncomfortable. "Let me give you something I've been making in return."

latest

A crystal of ice, shimmering and glowing with energy appeared in her hands as she held it out to Cath. "It's like a little realm of it's own. Imbued with my powers of preservation," which was one of her strengths as a god "it can store anything - objects, thoughts, concepts, feelings, memories, etc. Admittedly, the form isn't very creative because I focused on putting my powers into it instead..." Useful gifts to a god were always hard to come up with and making crystals of ice was a habit of hers. "But whatever is precious to you, Goddess of Magic, whatever you wish to preserve, you can put in there and it'll be like I'm protecting it. If you add your own powers of protection to it, not even the god of change can change what's inside." At least unless a second god was involved of course, but she was fairly confident in her powers of protection and preservation. It was the best thing she could give to a fellow god in her mind, something relevant to her domain, because anything else she made the goddess of magic could probably make better.

And, as a creator, she well understood not wanting others to mess with her things.

" Your winter is lovely, water made into crystal and a challenge for my creations " Cath said " One gift should repay another" That much was true unlike many gods who might see her as coddling her creations, she felt she had made a far more challenging land. Her lands were vast and filled with things to fight, places to reach, and secrets to find. Compared to most of the world that was barely formed almost and after thought Cath felt her land was far better. So something that challenged them more was always welcome.

Cath took the crystal and showed it to U'De who saw the bright sparkly crystal and instantly thought of the ones back home. " Thank you, I know you may not fully see other gods as your family and while I share that I will say I do consider you a sister for more than being polite." Cath admitted she saw most of the gods as family only as a formality. She would help them they had value she did not show that she cared well but if need be she would do anything to help others. That was only if she really felt they were in danger things like Mawlock were just minor clashing of ideals. She would stay out of politics till something was truly wrong.

Then Cath felt a presence, Rehena had come back from her visit to Mawlock. The god of life had hidden his new realm from divine eyes and thus when Rehena had visited him she had vanished. It was like that any time she went to their brother and the first few times Cath had worry that Mawlock might do something hidden from the view of others, but she had gotten over it. She was not going to let worries consume her mind and trust in Rehena even if she was unsure of Mawlock who she had never really formally met.

" Well it seems my Wife has arrived I should return to the party " Cath said with a smile " Don't be a stranger in the future Quan'Cath will always welcome you and your daughters" Cath said taking U'De and heading back into the party.

1633052354038.png1633052360403.png

(Made in collaboration with: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )

The two demons entered the glorious castle of Kianu with the gifts as the god neared the end of her speech.

"-but all is not without merit. Xanthos, Kaleb, Erys, Lix, Huggorith, and Sigraine. May you find endless joy and contentment in my palace of ice. As for the rest of my fellow divines, please feel free to eat, drink, dance, or socialize at your leisure. The hospitality of my Everfrost is yours for however long you decide to remain. So that you don’t leave my divine palace empty-handed, I’ve prepared simple party gifts. These bells will chime whenever a divine is near—so that we might always recognize each other regardless of how times change and different forms that may be taken in the future days to come.”

"It seems we have barely arrived in time. Perhaps if we had not had to walk the lands on foot, we would have arrived sooner." Malachai voiced his dissatisfaction to Sonya. "I wish not to taint these lands any more than they are already being with our presence." The large demon grunted in response, knowing she was correct in her reasoning. Sonya, handling the flower gently in her hands, gestured for Malachai to follow with the ram.

1633068913359.png

The two demons stuck out like sore thumbs and they knew it. Two disfigured servants in a room full of gods and divine beings. Nevertheless, they knew the importance of their delivery. Sonya approached Kianu, Malachai standing behind her in silence. "My lady, we bring for you gifts from our father Mawlock." Sonya presented the Winterbloom flower with a slight bow.

1633068902372.png

Malachai stepped past Sonya with the ram. "A creature designed in your honor as well. A Frostwool ram. A gift for your ice maiden, Sey." The ram was a proud animal, and large. It was just about the size of a horse.

1633068891347.png

“Thank you,” Setting the glass of champagne down on a nearby table, Kianu took the flower offered by Sonya and inhaled the scent. “It smells lovely.”

Eyes flickering to the white creature the other disfigured angel brought, the ice goddess said simply. “A gift for you, Sey.”

1633068926307.png

Sey, who had been chatting with a Winter Elf, blinked away, reappearing beside her Mistress in an instant. “Oooh, for me~? Really?”

“Yes, courtesy of Mawlock,”
Kianu gestured to the Frostwool ram that Malachai brought forth.

“Such a noble-looking creature!” Sey gushed, hugging the fuzzy ram as she cuddled. “Not as majestic as Boreas, but he’d make a fine companion for Bifrost! Or food…”

“Gifts should be treated with respect,”
Kianu reminded her servant before turning to the two ‘demons’. Angels that had been warped when Mawlock created his new realm. Kianu had pitied them when she heard the screams, but they called Mawlock ‘father’ and didn’t seem to be mistreated. “Tell Mawlock we appreciate the gesture.” Even if he hadn’t shown up, he’d at least brought gifts, which was more than she’d expected considering how busy some gods were. Celebrating ‘Winter’ wasn’t really something most gods did. Then again, she’d always thought him a bit of a busy body ever since he’d intervened to help Azorf’s descendants. After a moment’s thought, Kianu added. “How is he by the way? Except for when he brought five of his ‘children’ to my Frostlands, I haven’t seen him since he merged his realms with the goddess L’Oria.”

She assumed his union with the goddess of fire and dragons involved a lot of the...private...stuff that Sey liked to do with Bijorn and had no interest in peeking even if she could set her divine sights on it...which she couldn’t. At least not via normal methods. A good hunter didn’t like minor things like the power of two gods to deter them from their goal.

“We shall let father know of your appreciation, lady Kianu.” Sonya bowed once more. When Kianu asked how Mawlock was, Sonya glanced at Malachai, then back to Kianu, as if unsure how to answer. “Father is- Mawlock- He is... “ Sonya took a second to compose herself, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. “Lately, he has been,” she looked around subtly before whispering just loud enough for the four of them to hear, “sleeping.” Just saying the word felt alien to Sonya.

Sonya had an expression of concern as she continued, “we do not know why, but Mawlock will sleep for short periods of time. There is much speculation, but no one knows for sure.” Malachai put a hand on Sonya’s shoulder, “ever since his interaction with the god of harvests, Mawlock has been acting strangely. His absence baffles us. For him to miss a ball attended by all of the gods is simply… Not like him.”

Malachai shook his head. “Forgive us, we are wasting your time with our concerns. Thank you for showing us such hospitality.”

“Nonsense. It is a good servant that shows concern for their master.” Kianu’s hand rose to her chin in thought. “...Sleeping, you said? Vitis Gurthu? How interesting…” She’d always thought the god of Harvest and the god of Life and Balance to be close...though it wasn’t hard to guess where the area of contention might be. ‘Rebirth’ wasn’t possible for those whose life didn’t end, after all. Was he making frequent trips to the Dream Realm? Trying to contact Sigh? The Lord of Dreams?

“What’s so interesting about sleep?” Sey questioned curiously. “Doesn’t everyone do it? I mean, I’ve seen you sleep sometimes, Your Majesty--like right after you first created Everfrost. ”

Kianu chuckled. “For gods, it’s a choice. I don’t think Mawlock understands the pleasantness of sleep any more than he understands the beauty in struggle or the comfort of death.”

Sey didn’t look like she understood much about what Kianu was talking about either, but nodded her head, and went back to petting the Frostwool ram.

Hand moving to catch one of the falling snowflakes, which morphed into a pair of bells, which immediately began to chime in her presence, Kianu held them out to the former angels. “Regardless, if his napping is a matter of concern for you demons, then perhaps leaving these bells that chime in the presence of gods near your father might wake him up.” Or irritate him. It would be highly amusing if Mawlock responded to being awoken in the same manner he punished the Goddess of Sleep for.

Sonya reached for the bells and took them, “thank you for the bells. I’m positive father will appreciate having them.” Sonya gave each of them a small bow, “forgive us, but we must be going now. We do not wish to st-” Malachi interrupted her, “wait, Sonya, look. Is that Sera? And who is that goddess she is with?”

Mentions: Juju Juju

1633141624497.jpeg1633141710180.jpeg

Zir & Beholder
Interaction: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Solirus Solirus

Out of the pair of minor gods that had accompanied Zexzad the newly nicknamed 'beholder" had picked out its person of interest rather easily a shard of unry that had decided to attend peaking the curiosity of the minor God that is well rather curious about everything already considering unrys domains they couldn't think of a better person to speak too brushing some dust form there suit Beholder walked over a drink in hand. Mouth obscured behind tendrils that extended form there squid looking head. “Ello there, you must be unry least a part of them yes? tis good to finally meet you I’m known as “the one who knows” tho beholder works just as Well far far more wieldy of a name yes? Anyhow as curiosity has gotten the better of me I must inquire how much do you ACTUALLY know? and it what extent?” They’d ask with a curious excitement in its voice.

meanwhile Zir had wandered off in its own direction seeing as this was kianu’s palace and all That, Zir had heard the whole yisgramor incident, Zir had wanted to go chat with the godesses servants them being the ice maidens Zir didn’t know there names and well just decided to walk up to one and attempt to strike up a conversation In the only way it knew how. Rambling about stuff. “Ello thar, names Zir, avent met before but I though I’d say ello, nice of ya boss to set this all up, much nicer then thar warp beasts base offa her, damn brighter ave nearly taken my ed of a few times, and if ya don’t mind me asken how’s Ya boss lady like? Seems like shea, nice lass,“ Zir simply bombarded the poor woman with a string of poorly connected points.. fairly obvious that they where one of Zexzads creations at any rate.

Unry

Unry had appeared to be in a separate conversation yet when beholder approached him, introduced himself, and questioned how much he actually knew Unry didn't bother turning. Instead Unry formed a hand coming out of his cloak holding a note. The note the hand held was worn out and old it had certainly been created a while ago. The hand quickly turned the paper showing something was written with ink dried out and worn out from time.

When you read this you'll notice I am busy in a discussion Beholder or as you would likely call yourself "the one who knows" however if you wish to understand how much I know then I'll simply tell you that which I don't know, the current thoughts of my equals, that is all... As you finish reading this it's likely a dancer will accidentally bump into you.

And just finishing the final part of the note was beholder accidentally bumped by an overly enthusiastic dancer who quickly apologized and resumed their dance. After that the hand disappeared and the note was dropped while Unry still didn't turn to face Beholder.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Buras wandered the mortal realm as he searched for a place for his Unadyne. He did not trust the other mortal races to exist peacefully with them, some innate jealousy over the god forged superiority all Unadyne were made with no doubt causing the lesser races to lash out. And he simply could not simply throw them down in the desert or the mountains, surely even they would die. No, he needed to find the perfect place for them, one that was by itself or at least next to more manageable breeds. And that was when he saw it, a wide channel, the farthest side just visible in the distance, mountains rising up further still than the distant shore. And all around them was a forest, filled with good lumber for housing and filled with potential food for the Unadyne. Stopping where he was at, he summoned the entirety of the Unadyne race before him, them appearing on the ground as he turned to look at them. "Here will be your home, this place I have chosen for you. I do not do so lightly, for this world is dangerous no matter where I put you. But I believe you to be safest and most prepared for the future here. Build shelter, seek food, dabble in your magics, make this a grand place and prosper. Build temples to the Gods, Chief among them being me, your patron. Honor those that assisted in making you, for their gift they can just as easily take away." Wordlessly pointing out two Unadyne, a Lunari and a Solari respectively, he continued. "Come forward, my children. For you two I shall bestow upon you the title of Kings, the last of my domains. I personally give you two the right to rule in my stead, for cannot neglect my other domains and duties. Rule your peoples wisely, fairly, and well. Now go, my children, and know that though I may not be with you, I shall forever more watch over you." And with that, he disappeared from in front of his mortal followers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It did not take long for Buras to reappear, in his Lunari form, in the halls of Kai's palace. He had sensed the gathering of gods almost as soon as the Ball had begun. Though there were two things he did not expect. The first of these things was the crown that sat upon his head. It was a sharp thing of black metal inlaid with white gemstones. Out of curiosity he quickly changed to his Solari form, the crown changed as well in his hands, this time to a sharp thing but this time of gold inlaid with black and green gems. Turning once more to his Lunari form, he noticed the note that was tucked neatly into one of the grooves were metal meets metal. He quickly read it before burning it to ash in his fingers. The crown was a gift from Mawlock, but why? Was this crown a chain of some sort? Why would the God of Life and Order want to chain the Sun and Moon? He did not dwell to long on these thoughts, for he knew they were probably pointless worrying brought on by this form.

The second surprise was, by comparison, far less grand. He had, instead of appearing in the Ball proper, had appeared in a foyer, with two doors closed before him. He heard something politely yell out his titles and domains before those doors opened and admitted him in. How respectful of Kianu, to announce the presence of every god that chose to appear. 'There are no ulterior motieves,' he reminded himself as he walked through the two great doors and looked around. There were several new gods, ones he did not immediately recognize. Younglings, then, ones that appeared as the Mortals grasped concepts, or as unexpected products of what the originators had made. He did not look down upon these lesser gods, for they were still gods. But in the end, he was one of the original gods to have appeared a century ago, and they were, by comparison, young.

Moving down the steps, he wandered aimlessly through the ball, drifting from one group to the next, never really becoming a part of it but absorbing whatever bits of conversation he heard.

Dream's End
1633442659579.pngEnd felt joy so strong his chest felt like it was on fire. His smile was wide and he couldn't help but cry in happiness as he played. He could touch the other. He could touch him. He didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay here forever. When Vitis called him he felt crushed for a moment before he realized that Miko was coming with them. He smiled widely and just about hugged the stag(if not that he knew he wasn't allowed to do so in front of others).

He climbed onto Vitis' back easily, something he had grown used to in their time together. He allowed himself to dig his face into the great stag's neck, breathing in the sent of wine and wheat, fertile soil and crisp winter. He loved that smell, and he loved the excuse to cuddle ride Vitis. He hummed lightly as they rode, a feeling of bliss washing over him.

He let out a small gasp as he felt cold air rush past him. He felt himself shiver. He grinned widely, he could feel things. He could feel the texture of everything, even the wind, just like everyone else. He could with other hosts, but the feeling dulled along with the host's life. He hopped off, laughing lightly as his butt fell in the snow from loss of balance soon after.

He looked up in awe as his friend changed, clapping lightly at him(still struggling to not hug them). As they entered the party End was full of excitement, he could finally be with the gods, he could finally be good! As they entered he watched with awe, that was until a voice spoke his name and he froze. 'god of War, Strife and Disease.' it continued to replay in his mind. Why couldn't he breathe? Wasn't he supposed to be good? How could he be good if he was the god of War, Strife and Disease? He was struggling to function, he was panicking. It hadn't worked, he wasn't going to be good. He was stuck, he was bad. When a hand on his chin knocked him out of it. He nodded at his friend, swallowing back his panic. His mood had dropped but he had managed to recover in some sense.

He stayed close to Vitis, as if he was trying to disappear into his leg. He was still shaky, but he could at least breathe. He proceeded numbly with them, not really there and not commenting.
Juju Juju
(I will edit this if I missed some things @-@)

• Sinidarr
    Peryton.png
    Sinidarr nodded in respect as the Awakener's presence faded. There was a blissful peace high above the world, a silent peace after the stag's words had brought the faint scent of canna flowers. The owl, Nechiku, was of a different mind. They raced downward, wings tucked back in a falcon's dive. They rocketed further down, aimed directly for the highest of the pillars. There, Sinidarr had not seen as the white owl he had met before was rested. It looked injured and malnourished, weak from travel. Even from this height, Sinidarr could see a crooked grin on Lechiku's face. He shot down at a breakneck pace to follow Nechiku.

A sudden outburst made Sinidarr stop and watch as time seemed to move at a paralysed pace. He could feel each thump of his avatar’s heart as he watched Lechiku turn their attention downwards. Lechiku’s savage hunger was turning downwards towards the Tilune. He knew he had little time to stop them before his people were massacred. To fire off lightning powerful enough would take five heartbeats at most. If he was to stop Lechiku, he needed to do so now.
    One.
    Lechiku lifted off the pillar and aimed their savage hunger downward, towards the Tilune. Sinidarr had been so foolishly distracted that he hadn’t watched over his people, and now they were all in mortal danger.
    Two.
    Sinidarr felt the rhythm of Lechiku and Nechiku’s wings on the air, and their bodies filling space in the sky. He felt the roll of the clouds above him and the rocky pillars down below. The air filled with the taste of iron, as static electricity crackled between Sinidarr’s joints, and the sky brightened slightly. Palpable energy began to fill the air as Sinidarr opened his mouth.
    Three.
    Sinidarr let out an ear-splitting screech as his wings reached the crux of their flap. Lightning burst from each feather and connected him to the entirety of the storm. The screech knocked at the clouds as the lightning waved back and forth, becoming thicker and more violent.
    Four.
    Sinidarr flexed his wings down, the flap becoming another deafening clap of thunder as the lightning arced from each of his feathers down towards the two minor gods. Sinidarr thought not of Nechiku, his thoughts only extending to the safety of the Tilune.
    Five.
    Nechiku twirled unexpectedly and struck Lechiku side on, knocking them both aside and down toward the marsh. Sinidarr’s lightning shot like a cannon that only barely missed the two owls, singing some of their feathers. Sinidarr was launched backwards, up into the clouds, but not before he saw the beam of destructive energy strike one of the lower mountains.
    Sinidarr shot down again towards the village. A short side glance showed him that the owls were engaging in another battle with the Frogglins, but other matters seemed more important.

Sinidarr dropped down onto a rocky outcropping, looking over the villagers. They were shaken and dazed by his action, yet they were physically unharmed. Sinidarr breathed a sigh of relief and turned his attention to follow that of many of the Tilune’s. His beam of lightning intended to fell a god had instantly melted a tunnel down into the earth and leaving a casing of glassy magma to cool around the inside walls.
    Perhaps this would serve as a lesson to any invaders, though it was more likely to remind Sinidarr of where he placed his own loyalties.
    With a flap of his wings, Sinidarr flew back up to the storm, his body turning to ash and his conscious merging with the storm itself. He had some thinking to do as the owls continued their battle with ranine aid.

Interaction: Juju Juju

Sinidarr's Names (for Newbies):
The Awakener - Vitis Gurthu
The Wind's Warmth - L'Oria
The Judge - Mawlock
The Winter Queen - Kianu
Unry - Unry

Miko
interation: seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel mention: ME​
Miko was very happy to just play with dreams end, though the young child that Miko was he’d come up with an endearing little name for his new friend, Endy, the fact that they where a god was entirely lost upon Miko’s childish outlook, regardless he enjoyed his time with both uncle Vitis and Endy. Upon hearing they where going to a party Miko cheered a little bit. “Oooh a party, those are cool I think? I don’t know what that is” the child shaking his head a little bit there blue reptilian tail wagging vigorously behind them. happy to reunite with there protector, Zexzad they’d swiftly jump into Vitis snuggling the stag like deity tightly. “Your very fluffy” Miko commented and her in a blink of an eye they where practically already were they where supposed to be. “woaaah.. that’s so cool wounder if we can do that too!” Miko exclaimed, directing the last part towards Endy.

Vitis’s transformation to a humanoid visage didn‘t concern Miko enough to comment the tiny dragonoid boy just smiled giving a little thumbs up. “Ok I’m ready uncle Vitis” Miko nodded trying to look serious the way Vitis spoke made it so Miko had completely not understood they’d mentioned candy, following beside Endy and in tow of the super tall Vitis, Miko puffed his cheeks out a little annoyed that he didn’t get a cool title call like Endy and uncle Vitis that wasn’t fair at all. However he had enough sense to see that Endy wasn’t feeling ok, but uncle Vitis had said to say thank you to the host first so before anything else he looked up at kainu With a cheesy little grin. “Thank you for the party miss“ he’d squeak before rushing off to give Zexzad a quick hug and tell him everything was going great and returning with some cake and candy for himself and his best friend Endy, pushing the plate towards the other boy Miko smile was still as goofily childish as ever. “I got you some cake too Endy. It’s really good so you don’t need to be upset, you got all the cool titles so that means your important but they forgot to that your my best friend to that list“ Miko explained cheerfully balancing both plates on his tail somehow he’d give Endy a tight hug. “Hope you feel a little better now, I don’t want my friend to be sad“ Miko added before handing the plate of cake over properly to Endy already noming his own piece.

Cath & Rehena

Having felt Rehena enter the castle of the winter goddess Cath had bid her sister farewell for now. Her love did take priority and despite her Trusting Rehena she did not trust Mawlock while he blocked her from passively watching what went on in his realm. She would not focus on it but being unable see anything when Rehena visited worried Cath. She also hadn't really Introduced Rehena to U'de given they were often very busy and apart despite living on her land. Cath did wish Rehena would let her witches integrate into the Yu'Varth or at least into the lands of Quan'Cath, but she couldn't and didn't want to force anything. Rehena had her ways and being with someone did require trying to understand the other and respect how they were.

Cath would come up to her love U'de in tow the two in their matching dresses which contrasted Rehena's much darker attire. She could not say they looked much like a couple given they had not tried to match or complement each other in how they dressed. Well it was not like any other god would care for such things the deer likely would see no meaning behind it and right now she was annoyed by him and how it seemed he was demanding control of all souls. Cath felt she might have to do something about that his realm was not death or the dead just their revival.

" I had wondered when you would get here." Cath said teasingly

" Hi " U'de said cheerfully having never met Rehena yet as always a very friendly person in contract to Cath herself.

" This is U'de she will be... staying with me for now" Cath said having a hard time keeping things not truly personal as she already knew she had some attachment to U'De and had a weak spot for kids. She had made the Yegon after seeing a lost child and had even sent them out to help other kids. It was an easy to figure out secret.

The gown had materialized as she’d passed through the glass, the fabric settling against her skin on a phantom wind. The diadem felt cold against her brow, familiar and grounding. She smiled upon seeing so many of her fellow gods in one place, the gathering a rare and welcome sight.

Upon seeing Cath, however, her smile became luminous. She noted the little one at her side, and curiosity lit her gaze. She made her way towards her wife at once.

Beloved.” Rehena placed a small, sweet kiss upon cheek. You look beautiful, my love. Oh, merry meet young one, what is your name?

Cath explained, and at once the Night Goddess understood. She saw the light of fondness in her partner’s eyes, and knew in that moment that this was someone special. Gathering her skirts in a hand, the deity lowered herself into a knee, bringing her face to face with the young being, to whom she gave a kind, gentle smile.

“It is a great pleasure to meet you U’de. I am the goddess Rehena, and if it would bring you joy I should very much like to give a gift to you. What do you say?

U'de nodded and held out both her hand " Yes" she said before Cath bumped her with her leg ever so slightly " I mean yes please thank you " She said which seemed good enough for Cath.

EQsCMaNWoAIZiaX.jpg

While not exactly needed Cath did want to teach U'de good manners at least when interacting with others. She had heard of how Mawlock had slain his own child and to say she did not fear he might do the same should U'de offend him. So she decided better safe than sorry when it came to the other gods. Mawlock had apprently had his reasons , which Cath didn't really care for Kali was his kid, so he could do as he pleased. Cath herself couldn't really think of doing it, she cared for her Yu'Varth and she had done more than kill one, but that was different they were mortal death would come for them and offending a god was something that was punishable by death. Killing a minor god, a child of your own making Cath just didn't get it.

" I knew you would like her, I would have sprung this surprise at home, but we are so busy and you were visiting Mawlock" Cath said sighing the last bit hiding any jealousy and worry she had felt before this moment. " Vitis paid me a visit to talk about him it seems there will be much drama about those two soon enough"

Rehena glanced up at Cath, her brow scrunched briefly with worry at the hidden concern that sounded between the words she’d spoken. It made her want to pull her aside, to make sure she was alright, but with so many eyes the goddess knew better. It would not do to have such a moment with her wife in a place so crowded by others, and she knew that Cath would tell her more when the time was right.

“No worries, my love, she is a darling girl.” Rehena grinned at U’de, still patiently awaiting her gift. “As for Vitis…there will time aplenty for that when this night is done. For now, let us enjoy the festivities, yes?”

She returned her attention to the young being before, still so new to existence. So vulnerable. But even as the Mother of Serpents worried for the child, she saw in her a brilliant power that held much beauty. She would do well, especially with guidance.

Rehena stretched out her hands towards U’de, and between them pooled darkness and shadow and starlight, the very essence of pure, serene twilight. The essence of Rehena herself. Wisps of color and magic flowed within the darkness, like a hidden secret. Untapped potential. It spun into a perfect orb of ever flowing night, and from it emanated a peace and silence unknown to any mortal realm. Indeed, it was unknown to any who had not felt it in it’s birthplace.

Eaethyr.

“This, young U’de, is my gift to you. This orb, which I name the Maiden’s Eye, shall serve not only as a key, but also as a door to those who know to seek it. Should you ever seek a place to rest or desire my guidance or company, know that with this you hold Eaethyr in your hand. My home and blessing are now yours as well.”

U'de help the sphere looking into the swirling darkness of the object. She listened to Rehena as she spoke about what the thing was though didn't fully understand it. A key and a door that was a divine realm that was to much for her to really get her mind around. She instantly worried about dropping it or breaking the orb somehow.

" umm what if i drop it will your realm break?" U'de asked looking at Rehena honestly worried about destroying something of the gods. The idea that it was unbreakable didn't even cross her mind.

The goddess chuckled, the sound echoing in the air still glimmering with stardust and shadow. She smiled kindly at the child, her expression fond in the way of mothers. There was a warmth in her heart she knew all too well, and in that warmth she knew that she would come to love and cherish this young being as her own.

Their own.

I have made it so that no effort great or small by any save those of my own blood can damage the Eye. This gift is as everlasting as Eaethyr itself, so have no fear of such things. I hope to see you in my realm someday, young U’de. You are always welcome there.”

With that, Rehena stood, her gaze returning to Cath.

Shall we enjoy the party, beloved?

Cath nodded placing a hand on U'De's shoulder to keep her close. Cath didn't even fully realize she did it, but some part of her did feel the need to protect U'de even among family. " Yes lets" Cath said the three woman heading out into the party.

Ice and Spider
(collabed with DapperKnight DapperKnight )​

Nyylathe (God of Spiders, Vampires, and Decadence) + Kaleb (Human)
b46d9719590463064cd1edfa8596bfd545d3f789r1-1498-1100v2_00.jpg
The celebration had gone on longer than the spider had realized, not that she was keeping track of time or anything. The god was merely content with living in the moment. Looking to the future to seek out the next source of mental or physical stimulation, be it dancing to the beautiful music, stuffing her mouth with delicious food and drink, or even disrupting conversations by rudely forcing herself into the middle of a group of guests, only for them to ignore her or, the more entertaining reaction, to tell her off and move away.

It wasn’t hard to see the black clad, red-headed woman bouncing from location to location like a fly, as she stuck out in the middle of the icy blue halls like a sore thumb.

“In all my life, I’ve never seen a more uniquely stimulating dance,” Having finished his dance with the enchanting Kianu that was ‘training’ him and his friends so that they might achieve their goal, Kaleb followed her advice (to make friends) and approached a seductive-looking red-haired goddess that had caught his attention earlier. The bells that Kianu dropped as party favors hung his hips, chiming to let him know that he was in the presence of a divine...and if he’d used the Winter Magic as Kianu had shown him earlier he might be able to see her true form...but Kaleb had a feeling he wouldn’t like what he would see more than the voluptuous woman in front of him...so he opted not to.

Gods were all like that, beings that hid their true form from the eyes of mortals. Kaleb had only seen his creator’s true form once when the God left the five of them in Kianu’s care.

Grinning at the lovely redhead, Kaleb winked. “Care to show me how it’s done?”

Nyylathe was in the middle of eating a strange mixture of various foods all cramped together on a plate, which she downed quickly with a glass of champagne, which dripped down the side of her red lips when she was interrupted by an interested young man, the first young man who had the courage to greet her in fact. Nyylathe immediately grew an interest for the mortal being who had offered to dance with her and the spider god couldn’t help but accept. She stretched out her hand with an unnatural grace and gripped his hands with her strangely cold fingers.

“If you believe you can entertain me, then I wouldn’t mind being the teacher for once, though I will warn you, I will not let go until the music stops…” Her voice hissed, revealing her true nature for a split second as her eyes narrowed and fluttered in an alluring manner. She pulled him onto the dance floor, spinning him around in an elegant, wild dance, throwing and tossing him about, never letting him go as she made impossible steps and turned in unnatural ways around him, as if slowly leading him into a set trap before pulling him close to her in a single quick movement.

With a chuckle, she reached up and caressed his cheek with a single nail as she stared into his eyes with her predatory gaze. “So tell me young man, who are you, and why would someone like you wish to dance with a woman like me?” She asks coyly.

EwI46cXXMAchxQa.jpg
A pleasant chill ran through Kaleb’s spine at the redhead goddess’s touch...but it wasn’t fear. Fear was for creatures that could die. That had something to lose. Unlike those living peacefully in the human settlement, blindly following the words of the Progenitors, it was only through pain and fights that he felt truly alive. “Kaleb. Just another one of Mawlock’s perfect and superior creations that swam North and ended up being named by the Winter Queen, Kianu.”

Some of the Spider’s steps were too difficult for him to follow, but it certainly didn’t stop him trying...or learning as he was pulled along with the god’s pace. His feet would certainly be sore by the time the music ended, and he would be undoubtedly exhausted once everything was done, but Kaleb didn’t think he would hate the feeling. It beat the sheer boredom when nothing challenged him at least. “I wanted to try keeping up with a God, I suppose…but also because I’ve never seen a creature quite so alluring in their movements.” Kaleb’s eyes twinkled. “And you, fair maiden? What should I call you?”

“Alluring? I do not think I have the pleasure of having my movements be called alluring before?” Nyylathe laughed as she smiled back with a sweet smirk. “My name is Nyylathe, and I was invited to this ball by the huntress god that owns this place...though I must admit, you are the first one to ever recognize that I was a god. Either you must be very perceptive or there must be some...other reason why you’ve discovered my true nature~” Her eyes quickly looked down and glanced at the bell. She already knew the answer as they exuded divine energies, but as the spider was too happy to play games with this mortal being, she wondered if he’ll tell her the truth, or lie.

Kaleb winked. “Well these bells have been singing your divine praises the entire time, Beautiful Nyylathe” The bells at his hip hadn’t stopped chiming. “But you kind of get used to gods after interacting with one for a while. They give off this...feeling.” He wasn’t sure how else to describe it. Uniqueness? Aloofness? The way Kianu carried herself was somehow...different. Even Mawlock, when he beat them up under a mortal guise, felt special somehow...which was probably why he couldn’t let go the desire to beat his creator in a fight. That and he hated losing.

“The bells might save your life one day, assuming your goddess does not become jealous that you have begun to dance with another god.”
She teased, placing her long, cold fingers on his shoulders before pulling herself closer. “Let me ask you another question Kaleb, and then you may ask me another...make a game of it perhaps? To keep ourselves from boredom just a little longer.” Nyylathe suggests. “Do you hate your creator? Enough to wish to bring your creator harm in a fight? Do you wish to become stronger? At any cost, or shall you draw a line in the sand?”

How the spider knew of Kaleb’s desire to beat his creator even the Great Spider didn’t know. It was an instinct she was born with, and an instinct she intends to make great use of going forward.

“Hate him?” Kaleb laughed, shaking his head. “Why would I hate the one who gave me endless life? One who considers me a child of their child and loves us so much? Thanks to Her Majesty giving us a lot of challenges, and Mawlock's blessing of eternal life, I’ve been enjoying myself alot since coming to the Frostlands - to Everfrost. No...I don’t hate Mawlock...not at all..." Quite the opposite in fact. "but I do want to beat him in a fair fight.” Seeing the powers of Kianu and the gods first-hand even Kaleb had to acknowledge there was no way of winning against someone equal to her as he was currently. “Getting strong enough to achieve our ambition will come with time. That’s what her Majesty, Kianu, has promised she will help us do...and I can’t say I like when things come too easily either.” As strong as they were, life was dull-fully easy. They didn’t need to eat to live. Building shelters wasn’t necessary as few mortal creatures could defeat what only a god can take away and, regardless of the climate of Wysteria, they’d live through it. He didn’t even know why his fellow humans bothered to do so except for the fact that the Progenitors told them to. Pain and violence were the only things that made Kaleb feel alive. Even the cycle of the Great Stag, which Kianu told them about, sounded entertaining in its own right. “My turn to ask a question, Beautiful Nyylathe~ Out of all the things you’ve eaten in Everfrost tonight, which of these divine delectables is your favorite?”

At least, Kaleb assumed it was night in the Frostlands at the moment. Kianu’s realm was simply a castle...granted a fairly grandiose one. It had no night or day. Time didn’t really exist...except in certain rooms.

Alvarnii (Spider?) + Sylvanth (Spider) + Kianu (God of Ice, Winter, Hunt, Preservation)
1632695704868-png.png
A madhouse, this is what it was. A collection of godly creations and godly beings all gathered together in one place made everything all the more difficult for Siivanth to deliver Kianu's gift. It didn't help much that, like Nyylathe, Alvnarii was just as curious and aloof as her mother. Often the younger broodling would stop her older sister to say "Oh my, look at that strange shadow man! Where do you think he's from?" or "Whatever this is is simply divine, you must try some!" or even "A nice man has asked us to dance, let us dance, can we please?" and Siivanth would reply in turn. "He's likely from somewhere you haven't seen yet, and you will never see if we cannot get you to the Hunt Goddess!", "Yes, yes I'll try one....yes it's very good, now keep an eye out!" and "They can dance with you when they're old and grey, now come you!"

It was a chore to simply find Kianu in the midst of this hated location, and it was somehow even an even bigger chore to keep Alvnarii standing in one place as the young broodling had a habit of attempting to wander off, but eventually, through all the tribulations, Siivanth brings the gift to Kianu. The older spider’s hair was a mess, her dress seemed to be falling apart, and her breathing was somehow exasperated and short. With a deep breath, Siivanth calmed herself as she took Alvnarii by the hand and pulled her down so the two of them can bow.

“It is an honor, great Queen of the Ice. I am Siivanth, the largest of Nyylathe’s first brood and I bring to you a gift from my mother. She has spent much energy and time crafting her to be a reflection of you, so I hope you would accept.” Siivanth said as Alvnarii innocently stepped forward with a bounce in her step and waved excitedly.

Turning from where she finished nodding politely at Vitus and company, a Winter Elf refilling her empty wine glass with more of Vitis’s contributions - a drink that was strong enough to get a god drunk, but could probably kill a mortal - Kianu studied the two who approached her from where she was seated. The one who spoke looked like they could use Vitis’s drink more than she did...assuming it didn’t kill her of course. “It is an honor as well Silvanth...and Child.”

She didn’t know why so many gods liked giving her living things as gifts. Did she look like a particularly caring goddess that was good with animals? The god of Life was one thing, but Nyylathe was the god of eight-legged creatures called ‘Spiders’...then again, the young female before her was certainly a Spider as well - one that took a form similar to herself. “I will certainly accept his kind gift.”

It would be rude not to considering all the effort Nyylathe had supposedly put in. The eight-legged deity was the first god she shared her story with. “What is your name, Little One?”

Alvnarii didn’t say anything to Kianu, for a rather long and awkward time in fact as she looked over the goddess body and felt...inadequate strangely enough. The goddess held herself up to a much higher standard to existence then the spiderline and Alvnarii was speechless at how small she was in comparison to Kianu, the one to be her new master and guardian. It’s a strange feeling the spider felt, as Alvnarii had been the presence of their mother the entire trip to the frostlands, but for one reason or another the spider was...she didn’t know what she felt. Maybe...insignificant?

211155643-288-k665166.jpg
Regardless, Siivanth walked up behind Alvnarii and whispered in her ear. “The goddess had asked you a question, little sister. Now answer her before she gets angry!” She hissed and Alvnarii realized her mistake, clearing her throat, standing up straight and bowing deeply.

“Ah! Yes I’m sorry my...diviness, my liege or...my goddess! I am Alvnarii and I hope that I shall be seen fit to be in your service!” She quickly answers.

Kianu nodded. “I am Kianu, Queen of Everfrost Castle.” Her servants were better at coming up with heralds and titles.

Alvnarii didn’t expect the goddess to be that brief with her introduction. She didn’t know what to do afterwards except to simply stand there and look pretty for the most part. “Umm...is there anything you need from me, Kianu, Queen of Everfrost Castle?” She asks, unsure on what to do next. Even Siivanth didn’t know what needs to happen next as her self given task as to go and deliver Alvnarii to Kianu. But unlike Alvnarii, Siivanth had a way out.

“I hope your gift has met your expectations, great frost goddess, but I must go. Mother expects me back shortly after delivering so I must bid you farewell.”
She spoke quickly before turning around but before she can leave, Alvnarii takes Siivanth’s wrist, holding her back.

“No wait!” Alvnarii. “Can we say goodbye first?” The spiderling asks and Siivanth turns around to see Alvnarii showing genuine sadness at her leaving. The Spider was taken slightly aback. She didn’t even give leaving the younger spider alone with the goddess a second thought and yet Alvnarii wanted a chance to say goodbye to her older sister, a woman she didn’t even know for a week, and it tugged at her heartstrings, making her unable to say no.

“If..it’s what you wa-” Siivanth didn’t even finish her sentence before Alvnarii practically pounced on Siivanth, wrapping her arms around her with a tight hug.

“Good bye sister. I hope we’ll see each other again…” Alvnarii said and Siivanth was...oddly touched by how sincere Alvnarii’s words seemed. She had never encountered this genuine feeling of kinship before as their aloof mother could care less how many children she needed to cull to get the results she desired. Siivanth wrapped her arms around Alvanrii and whispered into her ear.

“Try not to annoy her too often.” Siivanth advised, and the two released each other before parting ways. Siivanth glanced back to look at Alvnarii to waved a gentle goodbye before the older spider disappeared into the crowd, to find their mother in the middle of this icy ball.

Eyes following Silvanth as she left, Kianu looked back at Alvnarii, then at the two demons--Sonya and Malacai--who were still there whispering to each other after seeming to recognize a ‘Sera’ that came with the goddess of Purity, Gardens and Family love. Need? There wasn’t really anything a goddess like her truly needed from the creation of other gods, but she wasn’t the sort to turn down gifts, and Kianu understood the feeling of boredom and loneliness all too well. Besides, it seemed like Nyylathe had created the creature to serve her. “Your first task, Alvanarii, will be to assist the Winter Elves in ensuring all the guests present enjoy my Winter ball.”

Best to let the servants handle the servants. She still had other godly guests to entertain, gifts to receive, greetings, etc. Kianu had known what she was getting herself into by inviting so many gods to her palace, but it wouldn’t have been a test for herself otherwise. “Honesty, respect, and commitment. Those are the only things I require from those that serve me directly. I do not need servants that can’t think for themselves.” She already had Ice Golems for that. “All of my vassals in Everfrost, from the lowest Winter Elf to my messengers of the Winter Court, represent me in Wysteria and the eyes of other gods. Therefore they are expected to carry out the duties I give them and be on their best behavior when outside of Everfrost. In return, they obtain my protection should anyone,” be it god or otherwise. “act against them. If that is what you desire, Alvnarii, you may make Everfrost Castle your home. Sey...please stop playing with the ram and take these gifts to my treasury.”

Kianu gave Sey the Winterbloom. “Put them in the section for living things, if you would.”

“Not the Hunting Grounds?”

“I shall test them later.”
Kianu waved. “Once you are done, introduce Alvarii here to the Winter Elf that Falma left in charge of running this ball. Have them set up a table and receive any gifts that the guests wish to bring on my behalf.”

Sey glanced at the spider that somewhat resembled them with curiosity before looking back at her mistress. “You mean Jack, Your Majesty?”

“...yes.”
It was hard to keep up with all of Sey’s random naming. Kianu made Winter Elves to help tend to the menial tasks of caring for Everfrost, but given how many of them there were, and how quickly they made children, it wasn’t possible to name them all. Lifting the wine glass filled with the exquisite beverage that Vitis Gurthu produced to her lips, Kianu’s attention drifted to God of Harvests who as being bombarded by Winter Elves that tasted the godly wine he gifted to the party and wanted recipes so that they might be able to produce something similar for their queen in the future. “This is good…”

She’d have to find time to personally thank the Great Stag who wanted a discussion with a ‘scarcely seen kin’ later. It also loosened her mind a little, allowing her to relax as she kept an eye on those within Everfrost’s ballroom. The gods of storms, knowledge, and family love were speaking together one corner. The God of Invention, who worked with Zexzad in the Warp, seemed to have cornered Falma. Kaleb appeared to be dancing with Nyylathe, the god of decadence...Kianu pinched the bridge of her nose. Hopefully, her student didn’t get himself in trouble as Kianu wasn’t looking forward to interfering if the eight-legged deity decided to punish him for being an idiot either. Once Kianu finished her drink, several drinks in fact, the goddess cleared her throat, causing the Winter Elves surrounding Vitus, Dream’s End, and Miko, to part like the red sea.

“I apologize for the rudeness of my castle’s caretakers and my own lackluster greeting earlier Great Stag of Harvest and Rebirth,” Gracefully approaching the towering humanoid figure draped in strange silks, Kianu smiled. “Would you like to dance?”

By ‘dance’, she meant ‘talk’ of course, but it seemed a good excuse to get a private conversation in while the Winter Elves cheered, their voices gradually fading as Kianu made an invisible, icy, bubble around her and her fellow god.

With a sound like dead leaves in the wind, Vitis Gurthu laughed. “A poor guest this one would be indeed, to refuse such an offer.”

The stag extended a long, spindly hand, as if it were nothing more than bone wrapped in black gauze. Their face was covered by their mask, but their gaze was just as intense and searching as they waited for Kianu to take their hand, “Yet one does not merely seek a dance.”

Last edited:
Ice and Deer
(Collab with Juju Juju )​

Kianu (God of Ice, Winter, Hunt, Preservation) + Vitis Gurthu (God of Harvest, Rebirth, Revelry, and Alcohol)
0d76d02740540e1e3fca663f1801ec79.png
“Perhaps...perhaps not. I did find out that I enjoy dancing,” Kianu replied, taking the spindly hand of her fellow god’s new form. She met Vitis’s intense and searching gaze with a relaxed one of her own. His wine certainly helped in that regard, though it didn’t hinder her movements in the least. If anything, it helped her match the music more intuitively. “...but you are correct. I recently heard from some of his demons that Mawlock has started sleeping more since a conversation with you and grew curious. Would you care to enlighten me on the topic?”

To enhance Kianu's own precautions, Vitis Gurthu lent their power to the silencing bubble around them. An aura of drunken madness, for any who would try to listen into the words would hear a dizzy, jumbled mess. Any but gods would feel drunk immediately.

"Ah, Mawlock, a name on many tongues. This one was confronted by the lord of life mere hours before this one's arrival here. The matter was of immortality, the object of discussion, humanity. An old, tired song for deaf ears" The stag's movements were calculated and graceful, steadily on time and not a single wasted movement. "A stray human crossed paths with Dream's End, stolen from death through the use of Order and Chaos' trickery. A deception possible only with the might of two. Held still by this power, one was approached by the vision of Mawlock."

The stag turned their gaze towards Agapi, who has just finished her conversation with Sinidarr and Unry, "This one granted Mawlock a gift, replacing what had been sacrificed, and planting a careful watch within his twisted realm. The gift was embraced as his own, and only then did he fall into a slumber. Indeed, an outcome most curious to this one as well."

The stag tilted their head thoughtfully, "The ages have worn on our brother's mind, the strained union with L'Oria staining his heart. With the power of two, he acts with the hubris of one. Take heed, Pale Huntress, there is little beyond our brother. This one senses a deep madness. A Firstborn's Vice, that may only grow. Yet, a final judgement awaits."

“Emotions do tend to cloud the judgement…” The Ice Queen’s gaze followed the stag’s. “...but madness, you say? I’ve heard the rumors, but to hear it straight from a god such as yourself is worrisome indeed. To think that the minds of beings such as ourselves could be worn by the ages is...hard to believe.”

Sickness? Disease? Firstborn’s Vice? She’d never heard of such things affecting beings such as herself, let alone the fact that ‘love’ was the cause. Was Mawlock even the ‘Firstborn’ among them? First to lay the groundwork for Wysteria, maybe, but the order of the voices that came to her weren’t something she really paid attention to. “The intertwining of Death and Life is something I’ve always intuitively understood to be beautiful, just as the balance between Night and Day or Dark and Light, for it is only in each other’s presence that the other is highlighted and given meaning. Life is enjoyed to its fullest because the living know of death and light sought after because the blind fear darkness. Can something that does not die truly be called alive? What is the meaning of Order if Chaos does not exist?”

A cold chuckle escaped Kianu’s lips. “That is something I agree with you in regards to your long-standing discussion of human immortality...but it's all just philosophy in the end. Whether or not his humans as a species are immortal or mortal isn’t something I’m too deeply concerned about…unless they advance to the point of being a threat to us gods, my Winter, or the world we created, of course...but I tend to believe what I see with my own eyes so I’d like to give them benefit of the doubt for now.”

Just as she gave Kaleb and his friends the benefit of the doubt. Her fellow gods as well. “A being of pure rationality would certainly nip all potential dangers at the bud before they got a chance to blossom...but I can’t say I’ve ever seen myself as a being of pure rationality. I might seem a little mad in some eyes as well. And cruel. As cruel as Dream’s End must have seemed to Mawlock’s sheltered humans who never knew of pestilence, war, or death. It’s common for lack of understanding to perpetuate these thoughts. Isn’t madness, after all, just another frame of thought - one that is outside of what is considered normal?” Perhaps that was why she’d never been the sort to take rumors and gossip spoken about other gods in the mortal realm to face value. She’d never cared enough to intrude on the privacy of other gods either. All gods could paint upon the world as they liked so long as it didn’t ruin the picture for others. “If Zexzad were with us right now, he would likely say that all things stagnant must eventually change, including the minds of gods. Perhaps his newfound feelings of anger or sadness are simply a natural course for beings like ourselves. Since the warning came from you though, Stag of Harvest, who has been keeping an eye on the God of Life, I shall take heed of any growing madness and hubris on his part. Yours as well.”

Shrugging, Kianu smirked up at the humanoid form of the God of Harvest. “Such is the case for all those that deign to judge a god, wouldn’t you agree?”

The stag grew silent, the only sound being the soft movement of silk. It was impossible to discern the thoughts behind that mask, or the emotion within two eyes of stars.

“To take without giving back is no mere matter of philosophical debate. A hunter, even she who hunts above all else, must surely know this. Words and judgement mean little when rivers run dry and hunting grounds fill with old bone. This one is reminded of a similar fate, of towering men of frost and stone. In the end, wanton harvest is always repaid in one way or another.”

The stag, of course, was referring to the now slumbering frost giants whose hunting grounds were depleted of its game. They continued, their tone as serene as ever, though with a hint of something else. Like anticipacion, “Though, this one shall take these words to heart. What waxes must always wane. Indeed, Zexzad may yet have an unknowing shade of wisdom on the matter...”

As the music did pause, so too did the stag. They ended their dance with a respectful bow, then stood like a statue at their full height. “This one wishes not to change the view of a huntress, but merely bring to light what festers. One has been trusted with a bushel of these humans by one who has little trust to spare. This is to be cherished, and yet given heed; One may not judge, but he who sits on a throne of fire may not be so impartial to she who sits upon ice.”

The Ice queen curtsied politely. “I am grateful...both for the information and this dance.” Meeting the eyes of the towering stag in humanoid form, Kianu smiled. “And I had no intention to offend with my words, Great Stag. Merely facilitate an entertaining discussion. You are right, of course, and I know it well. In the future, should human numbers be endless in reproduction and consumption, if unsupported by us gods, Wysteria will surely wither away and the king who sits upon a throne of fire is likely blind to this possibility--far too optimistic in the kindness and wisdom of his ‘children’.” Kianu couldn’t say she considered the Frost Giants her children. “Whether humans end up giving back to the land they consume or not is still to be seen--as there are other ways to give back besides the soul’s brief respite in the comforting arms of death--but even I do not know what the future holds for this planet. Or the human race,” Unry might, but Kianu never asked, since she didn’t think knowing was a good thing. “Hope and love often act as folds to blind the eyes of both mortals and gods alike. I only hope you keep this in consideration when you once more broach my Opposite with the topic of human mortality as I would hate to see brotherly- bond broken over such an old skirmish…”

Kianu’s eyes turned frigid, the temperature around them noticeably dropping as she spoke proudly . “However, should Mawlock act against my throne of Ice, then I shall fight back, no different than the One who Sleeps, to the best of my abilities. I can only hope such a predicted event driven by madness does not occur...but if it does...and injustice brews before your eyes...can I count on your assistance, Vitis?”

“As expected from the Great Pale Huntress,” Vitis Gurthu inclined their head, knowing full well the capabilities of Kianu’s wrath. Perhaps someday they may have need of it. “Should this day come to fruition, this one shall be at thy side.”

06b216341739cc633af8ba47532dd203.jpg
The stag placed their two palms together, intertwining their boney fingers. As they drew them apart, a glowing seed appeared in the empty space. “A guardian sapling, to be this one’s parting gift. Perhaps lacking the novelty of fine wine, yet serving a purpose nonetheless. Wherever it may take root, so too shall this one’s presence. Plant it within one’s land and worry not, for it shall withstand even the harshest of winters.”

“Of course, tending to fledgling trees is a task banal to a huntress…”
Lifting a flowing sleeve, the stag revealed a woman with snowy hair and dress, contrasted starkly by the black lace and antlers upon her head. She gave a deep bow of respect. “A servant, to tend to the sapling and tend to thee, should one wish. Elsewise, one need take little notice of a grove keeper, though one may find the land surrounding it to be unusually bountiful. A blessing of rebirth, and of this one’s kinship.”

“Thank you…”
Kianu replied, taking the seed that Vitis offered and glancing curiously at the grove keeper. Another living thing. Sometimes, when her mind was negative, she assumed it was another attempt to spy on her territory...but Vitis Gurthu didn’t seem like the type and it wasn’t like she had anything to hide. If Mawlock’s example was any indication, the god’s blocking of his own realm only drove further suspicion and doubt from his fellow gods. Besides, there was no denying its usefulness, especially given her current desire. “It will be treated like the gift it is. I’d like to give you a gift in return as well...but I’m not sure what you would want...and will have to think of something suitable for one of your stature...so please feel free to enjoy this party at your leisure in the meantime and know that you will receive my support should the same befall you, Stag of Rebirth and Harvest.”

As the bubble (of ice) faded, the voices of Winter Elves and other party guests returned. Handing the seed to Ysmir, her closest servant who sensed her desire and appeared by her side, Kianu watched as the Ice Maiden took the grove keeper’s hand brought both gifts to the table Sey, Alvarnii, and Jack set up, making introductions as necessary. Xanthos, who sat nearby, watched the two major gods (one of which was his boss) that been dancing together with poorly veiled interest before losing said interest when there didn’t seem to be anything going on between them and returning to his food. Glancing at her new ally, Kianu couldn’t help the satisfied smile that adorned her face, despite the fact the she wasn't much a people person. The Winter Ball was turning out to be more fruitful than she’d thought it would be.

Last edited:
1B66699A-45EC-43A7-8DA9-5A37E09285BD.png
ZEXZAD (the boi)
interaction: Morrighan Morrighan
After reuniting with Miko for a little and catching up with there now more or less son Zexzad had a huge and goofy grin upon there sheepish looking face, the question was who should they annoy first? Scanning the room there eyes quickly landed upon a goddess that Zexzads opinion of was… well it was something good or bad Zexzad couldn’t decide on. Something irked the god of change, perhaps the contradictory nature? Regardless it was Rehena. Wandering up to the Goddess Zexzad gave a little bow. “Oh ello Rehena hmm have we spoken? Before? or perhaps not! Either way I am Zexzad and I must say your work is, it’s something I honestly haven’t formed a good opinion on them” Zexzad opened with a bit of talk having to stare up at them by how short Zexzad was. “Anyway how has you day been? Surprised Cath’s been out and about hadn’t taken her for an overly active entity yes?” Zexzad added in it’s normally rambling way. “Oh and then theirs Miko an adorable little mortal I picked up seee” Zexzad pointed the tiny dragon boi out.

Falma (Ice Maiden)
th

The god of Invention, Zir. Who knew he talked a lot? Then again, gods, as it would seem, came in all sorts of personalities and disposition given that Paleros, god of wind and directional breezes, acted little better than a mischievous Winter Elf, wandering around Her Majesty’s castle to pull pranks. A blade of ice shot from her fingertips, whizzing through the air and to the icy ceiling, as Falma silently shot down another pair of googly eyes that attempted to rudely pry into godly conversations. Upon contact with the manifestation of Winter Magic, a power belonging to Lady Kianu, the pair of blinking orbs frosted over and shattered. Coordinating the music of the orchestra. Making sure an endlessly supply of food, made by the Winter Elves, flowed from the kitchen. Making sure any mess, or disturbing visage, made didn’t come into contact with divine sights. There was plenty that kept Falma busy such that she didn’t really have the time to stop and entertain any singular god…but brushing one off wasn’t an option either.

Were all denizens of the Warp so affable? She hardly even paid attention to what went on in Zexzad’s domain to know, or even care, about what a ‘warp beast’ was. A litany of polite nods followed Zir’s ramble as Falma waved her staff to clear away the mess made by some drunk Winter Elves who tried to listen in on a conversation between major gods. Normally, they would be punished for such crude actions, but doing so would only ruin the mood of celebration intended for the first Winter Ball in Everfrost. More importantly, it would ruin Lady Kianu’s good mood.

“She is a good queen. Proud, beautiful, powerful, and dignified, her majesty nonetheless listens to the words of her subjects and grants those who earn her favor, like my sisters and I, many blessings and privileges. I’ve served her long enough to know that beneath her icy and distant demeanor, is a fire that burns hotter than most—especially when she hunts—and integrity unmatched.”

Falma’s eyes flickered to the ‘gift table’ where two of her sisters seemed to be chatting with a couple of gifts brought in by other gods. New additions to the Court of Winter, no doubt. The hierarchy of Everfrost wasn’t especially strict, but it did exist, and putting the servants brought in by other gods in lesser positions didn’t seem especially wise as it might upset the gods that created them. Of course, it was Lady Kianu’s decision in the end. Whether it was taking in five of Mawlock’s humans to train them, putting Sey’s descendants to sleep, or letting Azorf’s children go, the Mother of Ice was the sort of goddess that did what she wanted. Wise, yet also impulsive, if Falma had to describe the goddess she served in so many words, it would be a free-spirited huntress, bound and beholden to nothing.

Just as the first Ice Maiden predicted would happen, Kianu left their first castle, Winterdale, leaving it in the care of those she trusted to make a second castle in a faraway world, and—though Falma didn’t tell her younger sisters—she suspected that one day Kianu would leave Everfrost as well. Hunters were always hunting. Searching for something. Whatever it was that the goddess searched for, Falma couldn’t even begin to fathom, but she wouldn’t question it. Her duty was to serve, to do the bidding of the goddess who created her, to give advice as needed, and she was rather proud of that job. Falma also had no intention of telling any of that to Zir since she wasn’t the gossiping sort. It was only a guess anyway...and there was no telling if it would even happen. Gods of Kianu’s power did what she wanted and only a being of equal power could stop it. The strong ruled. The fittest survived. That was the way things worked. The way they were meant to be.

“…though she doesn’t like crowds and tends to make servants in order to do the things she doesn't like.” Hence why she had messengers to represent her and deliver her messages. “What about the god you serve? The one that rules the realm of...oddities. What is he like?”

Falma only remembered seeing Zexzad once when he visited Everfrost castle and, unlike Ysmir, hadn’t really formed an opinion of the god of change and contradictions. Pointing the staff Lady Kianu had given her, Falma subtley froze another pair of googly eyes that caught her eye.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

465755A4-C008-433D-BF26-7B9558E2B829.jpeg
Rehena : Goddess of Night, Women, Serpents, and Witchcraft
Scene with : zexzad

Rehena smiled at the god who’d approached, even as her posture shifted subtly in front of her wife and the young one. Motherly instincts, she supposed. She gave a polite nod of greeting to the other being, who to her was known only in ways the gods always seemed aware of one another.

In them she sensed a stirring, the ever-evolving energies of the shifting seasons and ceaseless flow and movement that came with mortal restlessness. Change : this was their domain. It flowed and moved in the air about them, the air crackling with nervous energy. Something within the still goddess rejected it, but propriety had to be maintained, and this god had done her no harm.

“Merry Meet, friend. Ah yes, you are the God of Change. I have felt your work stirring in the bones of the world, and so I am quite pleased to finally have cause to make us known to one another. How fair you this evening? Are you enjoying the In

Users who are viewing this thread

Back