• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Wish & a Dream: Sign-Up Thread

DailyRoLord

Founder of Villains & Heroes
A Wish & a Dream: Sign-Up Thread

• It was a dark and stormy night. A man with rags for clothes entered the town library. That is, if you could call it a library. In reality, it was a shabby old hut with piles of worn out, dusty books. They had been delivered from West Atakra three years ago, when the town disposed of their old book supply, and replaced the supply with new books. This man seemed like he was looking for something. The librarian was absent, but there were others. In fact, the library seemed packed. Another man slowly began to stand up from a chair- really just a cardboard box, not a chair- making his way to the man in rags.

"Wudder yeh doin here? Books fer brains, eh?" he taunted. His cronies, also sitting on boxes, laughed hysterically.

"I could say the same about you. Really surprising, to see someone as unintelligent as you at the library," replied the man in rags.

The other man grunted, and ran out of the library. His cronies glared at the man in rags, before following him. Now that they were out of his way, the man in rags could obtain what he was here for.

Where was it? He rooted through the piles of books, tossing them aside, and completely disorganizing them. A ripped up book about physics, a book without its cover, about the geography of Morania- nothing on the topic he was looking for. While he rooted through the books, the man thought about the situation, and his motives.

Poverty. The village was poor. The people were poor. Life was difficult. For years, decades in fact, the village of East Atakra had been in this dead state. There were many, oh so many people who were homeless, and the lucky citizens lived in sad, small dirt huts. Life was probably like this because of the poor working conditions and the lack of jobs. Those who were fortunate enough abandoned East Atakra. Years of hard labor could earn a ticket out of the town. Not everybody had this opportunity. Jobs were so scarce, it was considered a miracle to obtain one. There had to be some other way to improve life. Several years ago, this man- the one in rags- had heard a myth about a mysterious genie. That was why the man was here.

At last! He found it. The book had a orange cover, which was fading into a dismal brown. The corners were peeled up. But the title was still readable. It read, "Radaka: The Genie of the Yys." The man rummaged through the pages.

"Ohh!" He finally found it. Rip! He tore a page out of the book, folding it in half. Bang! The doors opened. Somebody else had entered the library. It was the police. Well, if you could call those bastards police. They walked around with sticks, and wore bandanas. But they weren't helpful in the least. They abused the citizens of East Atakra. The police were oppressive. The man recalled an incident were a young boy was executed for taking a book from the library. Suddenly, the man entered panic mode. He bolted for he second door, not the one he had came though.

"GET 'IM!!!" hollered one of the officers. The man looked back, spotting six officers chasing after him. The man weaved through the city, passing the park (which was an area with dying grass, and dying trees), the city hall (where the self-elected "mayor" imposed oppressive rules upon East Atakra), and even the police headquarters (simply a larger hut). It was a mistake to pass the police headquarters. Six more officers joined the race. It seemed hopeless for the man. But he needed to deliver the message to someone. As he ran, the man folded the page into a paper airplane. He flew it, and it flew into the branch of a tree in the park. Suddenly, the rain stopped.

"Stop!" commanded an officer. The man in rags was surrounded. Twelve officers, in a circle around him. One of the officers came up to the man, and hit him on the head with a big stick. The officer repeated the beating four more times. The man in rags collapsed to the ground. The same officer nodded, and two more officers picked up the unconscious man, taking him away. He'd probably face execution.

Though the man was captured, the police didn't uncover what mattered- the book page. It was still in the town park, tucked between two trees. But what was so important? Well, the city was extremely poor. For years, citizens had attempted to do something about the situation. Many had failed, being executed by the police. But there had to be some way.

Legend spoke of a genie named Radaka, a magical genie who can grant two wishes every century. Legend had it that he lived in the Yys, a treacherous mountain range. Of course, this was just magic, and most people were smart enough to know that magic wasn't real. However, this man believed. He wanted to do something for the city. But he couldn't do it himself. That book page? It spoke of Radaka, and everything someone would need to know to find him. Because the man truly believed that Radaka was real, and could raise the town out of its current state.

Someone would soon find that concealed book page. Someone would learn about Radaka. Someone would set out to find him. Someone would make a wish to save East Atakra from its state of poverty. That person would journey through the Yys, make a wish, and save the town, only with a wish and a dream on them.

Last edited:
Name: Zack Hillary

Appearance: upload_2017-9-18_16-59-12.png

Personality*: I want to say this is optional? I'm not too good at writing personalities.

Bio: He used to live in a town full of rich people. A town with vibrant nightlife and the best drinks and best girls. Until... terrorists attacked his hometown. It was destroyed. Fire blazed. Women were screaming. Many had died. Zack and his family had to evacuate. He ended up here, East Atakra. Since then, he's been working down a mine with his brother. Also, in his hometown there were many glitzy and flashy suits for sale. He ended up buying one. And the only clothes he has now are: His suit, and a couple of old rags and ripped, dirty clothes covered in soot.

Equipment: A pickaxe, one cent, and a ripped dollar he found on the streets one day.

Other: He has a twin brother named Andy.

Name: Andy Hillary

Appearance: upload_2017-9-18_17-6-54.png

Personality*: Don't wanna do this AAAAAHHHH (Sorry for yelling, boy-o)

Bio: DA SAME AS ZACK'S BIO, BUT WITHOUT THE SUITS. ANDY BOUGHT A HOODIE..And he hates formalwear

Equipment:A pickaxe, a stone, and a few dirty cents he found somewhere.. somewhere.

Other: His twin brother is Zack Hillary :3

Love the idea!

Name: Brad Willows

Personality*: Positive and joyful, always there for his friends.

Bio: Brad Grew up in an unknown street, hiding from outsiders. There he practised survival skills and martial arts. He lived with his mother, father and sister.. Until they were atacked.. Houses burned down, children and adults alike were slaughtered, Brad and his Mum managed to escape. Only slightly though. Brad's arm was sliced off in the attack, but now he lives hidden in diffrent places, hoping to be undiscovered.

Equipment*: A wooden rod. (Yep, you heard me, a wooden rod.)

Other*: Nothing else I suppose

(I couldn't find anySNpolo04.jpg one armed pictures...)

Accepted! Since the other RPer's account was banned, I still require two more characters before we start.

Thanks for the offer Dolphin! It's okay, don't don't have to add it. RP thread will be posted soon.

(Nope. I'm gonna be Mother Nature and every other NPC character. ;)

If we don't get another CS soon, I will start the RP, just you and I.)

I closed this RP after I got bored of the idea (and RPer inactivity), so I’m not running it anymore.

(One RPer isn’t enough for this RP, either. It was meant to be a group ISRP. I can’t edit this to make it for just you, I needed more sign-ups. Also, I got bored of the idea, having moved on to Villains & Heroes: First Struggle.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back