• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A University Roleplay (HBCU)

AkuTheWolfOkami

The Shape-shifting Master of Goatees and Darkness
This is a reboot of an older roleplay that has multiple seasons, and I'd like to give it a fresh start. It will half take place in threads half on google docs, and I will explain that later.

The Illustrious

no slide

Going to college is one thing, plenty of people wish to experience in their lifetimes. It’s a time to open new doors, make new friends, find the love of your life, and just… Find yourself. But what isn’t always talked about is how important the choosing of the college is. Sure one could go to Princeton, Yale, Harvard, or Drexel… But even out of those schools, there is one that is not only equal to them but excels way above what they were and ever could be.

Dubbed ‘The Campus in the Trees’, Dubois University is here and ready to make itself known. Being the country’s best in basketball, being in top ranks of Law, Business, Computer Science, and Engineering, this school is nothing but the best and those within it have been nicknamed ‘The Illustrious’. Oh, did we forget to mention it’s an HBCU?

With over 15,000 students, while it may paramount those who try to take it down, it doesn’t mean it isn’t filled with drama. From friends to frenemies, baes to hurt baes, baby mommas and baby daddies, there isn’t a dull moment on campus.

It’s now a new year and the new freshmen have finally arrived- ready to take on the school and earn the title of being ‘illustrious’. The only question is- How far are they willing to go to get it?

full

(These are simply role descriptors. In no way does the set role have to live by that role. The Nerd can be cool. The Baddie can like anime and books, etc.)

The Nerd
They were never the type to be with the 'in' crowd. They don't follow the latest trends.

The Baddie
They grew up being known as the baddest chick from their area. Looks are important to her and having everyone's eyes is simply an everyday occurrence.

The Pretty Boy
Always with some jawn under his arm, the pretty boy grew up gaining every girl's attention with his suave actions, sugary sweet words, and desire to be a pleasure to the ladies.

The Legacy
Their parents did it, their siblings did it, now they're doing it.

The Activist
Never one to sit down when injustices are occurring on or off campus. If it's a protest, they probably organized it.

The Latinx
Despite growing up in a Latinx home, they always felt an HBCU was the best place for them relating closer to black people than whites.

The International Student
They've come from a different country but learned about HBCUs back home, making them want to go to one. Their culture is different from America's, let alone an HBCU's culture

The Hotep
The Fake Woke dude who thinks everything is a conspiracy against the blackman. (can be afro-latinx but doesn't have to be)
full

Hi. I'm Aku. Some of you who saw HBCU and know what it is, are curious where I am going with this. Some of you may have even googled it, but for those of you who are here with no idea what it is but was curious enough to look let me explain.

HBCU stands for Historically Black Colleges and Universities. These are schools that are predominantly black and were generally created during the times where it was near impossible for blacks to get into regular colleges.

This does not mean this roleplay is for black face-claims only, but it will be a predominantly POC of face claim roleplay. It will not be a roleplay that focuses on race, but a roleplay that focuses on life at an HBCU which is a totally different culture than your typical school.

There are roles that are race specific, including a role called "The Token White", and yes I will only accept a certain race for that role. But there are plenty of roles that are race neutral, and doesn't matter what face claim you use.

So that being said, I welcome everyone to join and not think too hard about what race their face claim is. Just come up with a character and apply! I won't deny your character because they are white lol. The fuck? But I will slow down acceptance if the demographic isn't reflective of the demographic of the school.

The roleplay will be divided up into episodes. What is an episode in regards to roleplaying you may ask. Well, an episode is generally the amount of time that it should take to finish a mini-plot. For instance, if there is an event..let's say miss black and white pageant, then the preceding events of the day or the day before (like planning and prepping) and the pageant should be done by the end of the episode. Each sub-plot point will require an episode. The other idea of an episode is to have a time period that it should last to keep the roleplay from dying. I'm thinking 2 weeks actual time is a good place but will adjust it based on the flow of the group. If I find the group can get through like two rounds of posts a week, I might make an episode a month, but if the group gets like 6 round of posts, I might just let it go until the episode naturally concludes (and push it along the way.) What I hope to avoid is slow plot progression, where people lose interest as a whole. This episode idea will adapt to the group, but this is the basis of it.

Questions, comments, concerns? Let us know. If not? Join us.
]

Last edited:
I have one other person interested, just need 2-3 more interested people so I can start the CS thread.

Ahhh! This looks so good.

Interested and it honestly took me forever to decide between First Generation and The Activist, think I'll go with 'The Activist,' if possible please.

Hey, I'd be super down to play the International Student! Sounds fun!
Sorry, I was gonna be real excited to do this, but I just realized how many other RPs Im in and don't think I could manage to give this one much of my time. Seems super fun though (SORRY).

Last edited:
Ahhh! This looks so good.

Interested and it honestly took me forever to decide between First Generation and The Activist, think I'll go with 'The Activist,' if possible please.
The roles aren't super strict so if you want you can even combine the two. :) Will reserve The Activist for you.

Hey, I'd be super down to play the International Student! Sounds fun!
Sorry, I was gonna be real excited to do this, but I just realized how many other RPs Im in and don't think I could manage to give this one much of my time. Seems super fun though (SORRY).
It's all good bredrin. Be well.

Suggestion would be to put which roles are already taken in interest check.
Well, usually I'd agree. I've kind of contradicted myself in earlier posts in regards to my usual approach to this roleplay in the midst of my enthusiasm, but I want to emphasize because the roles aren't strict, there's no such thing as a taken role. The idea of the roles is more so to maintain diversity in backgrounds. No, I don't want to see a CS thread full of international freshmen. Yes, there can be more than one international freshman. I would like to see at least one person in each role, yes. Keeping a list of taken roles is a bit misleading and offputting.

I hope that explains it a little better for you and people who may be interested in this roleplay. I've touched on it in the original post, but I can be a little more explicit about it if need be. I do appreciate the input genuinely because I feel that should have been explained clearer.

Edit: Your character is more likely to be accepted if you check off multiple roles. i.e. an International Athlete, or a latino-hotep. (hint hint- both characters in previous iterations)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back