• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A unique Pokemon RP idea, anyone interested in giving me a hand?

Do you think this would be a pretty cool idea?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The more I read the better it sounds. I do have a question though.
I gather that a large part of the military would be composed of Pokemon. I am however, interested in how would a fight between a human and a Pokemon go. Would a trained soldier even stand a chance against some larger species? To what extent can a human be useful, without having need to command a Pokemon?

Also, my timezone can prove quite bothersome. It can sometimes result in people waiting for me to move the plot for the entire day. I hope that wouldn't be too big of a problem.
Also, also, I don't mind discord, but at the same time I don't know how invested I would get in the ooc and the like.
also, also, also Would there be a minimum length of a post?
4xalso Are we limited to only one character?

is anyone opposed to using discord for chatting/world building/ooc? it's my preferred method as it's much quicker for replies and talking than RPN also lets get this cs sheet up!
Everyone will be able to submit their character sheets as soon as the RP has been created. This is still a big WiP, and I'm still gonna need time to get the RP running. Especially if I'm doing everything by myself, it will take a bit of time to complete everything. I've seen too many RPs fail because of a lack of preparation, and I don't want that to happen. I wouldn't be opposed to using Discord, but it would be a lot of back-and-forth for me you see, since most of the work I put into the RP will be done on the forums.

I think his name was Wayland, so that's what it'll be here if accepted. The majority of his life actually happened before the previous war. He was, and still is, a blacksmith whose ability was known as being on par with the dwarves (that'll obviously be something different in this rp.) He fell in love, got married, had some kids. Life was good. Life was great. Then the war came. Over its duration, he would lose his entire family, as well as his right foot. Either when the war was over or deciding on his own to leave the army of his own accord, Wayland vowed never to craft weapons for war again. Not wanting to return to his now empty family home Wayland instead decided to it was time to move to a more neutral kingdom, and after much deliberation settled on (insert current peaceful kingdom here). He continues his blacksmith work, repairing farm tools that can be repaired and forging new ones that can't.

View attachment 559114
You'll definitely have to re-work some aspects of his character, especially since I get more of a fantasy-vibe from your backstory than I would a Pokémon vibe. However, blacksmiths most certainly exist in the world of Pokémon, so he would fit into the theme of the RP very nicely. "Wayland" also sounds like the name of a Pokémon character, for sure. The picture you chose for him is more on the realistic side though, so you might need to choose one that looks more "anime style." That way, when people look at your character sheet, they look at your character's picture and they get an idea of "who" your character is, based on what he looks like. Since this is a Pokémon RP, I really want everyone to know how important it is that your character's picture, their backstory, and every element of their character sheet "feels" like it belongs in a Pokémon RP. That being said, perhaps this picture could work out better for Wayland?

Godo.jpg
I tried to pay close attention to the details in your character's profile. He's brawny, has white hair, a long beard, a hammer, and he's also (possibly) bald on the top of his head. lol Just like the character in your picture. The pic I found is apparently a character named "Godo" from an anime called "Berserk", if you're interested in searching for other images of him. If not, let me know and perhaps I could help you find something else!

Could I make a war sniper?
When you say "war-sniper" what do you mean? Im not sure a war sniper would make sense in the context of this RP, but if you'd like to explain what you mean perhaps I will understand a bit better.
The more I read the better it sounds. I do have a question though.
I gather that a large part of the military would be composed of Pokemon. I am however, interested in how would a fight between a human and a Pokemon go. Would a trained soldier even stand a chance against some larger species? To what extent can a human be useful, without having need to command a Pokémon?
Also, my timezone can prove quite bothersome. It can sometimes result in people waiting for me to move the plot for the entire day. I hope that wouldn't be too big of a problem.
Also, also, I don't mind discord, but at the same time I don't know how invested I would get in the ooc and the like.
also, also, also Would there be a minimum length of a post?
4xalso Are we limited to only one character?

That's actually a great question, and something I've been considering. We've seen people use weapons in the Pokémon anime like guns, etc. Although, weapons were eventually removed from the show entirely, for censorship purposes. The show is targeted at a younger audience nowadays, so that's why. That doesn't mean that weapons do not exist in the Pokémon universe, however. We just don't SEE them being used most of the time. We DO know humans are capable of creating weapons of mass destruction in the Pokémon universe, like how AZ created the giant nuke that was in the shape of a flower.

Pokémon are obviously very powerful creatures and can wreak havoc all on their own, though. So its also very possible that humans don't usually have a NEED for weapons when they have living, breathing monsters that fight with them at their side. If I do allow people to have weapons in the RP, I'll probably limit it to your basic swords, bows, spears, etc. At the end of the day though, those weapons would be useless against monsters as powerful as Pokemon. This is why...I see it being more logical if Pokémon battling remained the same as it is in the more modern-based anime.

Essentially, there would be rules to war, just like in real-life. Pokémon would be trained and used to attack other Pokémon, NOT people. However, its still possible that this could happen, since we have seen Pokémon attack humans before, in the manga and in games like Pokémon XD: gale of Darkness. "If" I allow weapons, the weapons would mainly be used by the soldiers against the other soliders, though. Perhaps as a last line of defense if their Pokemon is getting weak, or...since its war...maybe people aren't so helpless in this ancient time period, and they don't just stand behind their Pokémon while it does all the work for them. There would be something very cool about people battling each other, while at the same time their Pokémon also battles. I'll still have to consider this very thoroughly, but regardless its something I will definitely use as part of the plot in the RP.

Since this RP will be heavily based on story, I would like to avoid one-liners or very short paragraphs in the RP. One-liners are like a very flat hamburger patty from mcdonalds. lol The only difference is, you cant really "do" anything with it. If people do nothing but post one-liners or short paragraphs in the RP, the roleplay will eventually die because there's not enough story happening. I'll definitely have a requirement, but it wont be anything too difficult for people to churn out on a regular basis.

I think I'll probably end up limiting the amount of characters a person can make in the RP to "2" characters. 3 Pokémon max per character, for a total of 6 Pokémon you can have in the RP at once. Just like in the actual show/games! ^_^

Last edited:
That's actually a great question, and something I've been considering. We've seen people use weapons in the Pokémon anime like guns, etc. Although, weapons were eventually removed from the show entirely, for censorship purposes. The show is targeted at a younger audience nowadays, so that's why. That doesn't mean that weapons do not exist in the Pokémon universe, however. We just don't SEE them being used most of the time. We DO know humans are capable of creating weapons of mass destruction in the Pokémon universe, like how AZ created the giant nuke that was in the shape of a flower.

Pokémon are obviously very powerful creatures and can wreak havoc all on their own, though. So its also very possible that humans don't usually have a NEED for weapons when they have living, breathing monsters that fight with them at their side. If I do allow people to have weapons in the RP, I'll probably limit it to your basic swords, bows, spears, etc. At the end of the day though, those weapons would be useless against monsters as powerful as Pokemon. This is why...I see it being more logical if Pokémon battling remained the same as it is in the more modern-based anime.

Essentially, there would be rules to war, just like in real-life. Pokémon would be trained and used to attack other Pokémon, NOT people. However, its still possible that this could happen, since we have seen Pokémon attack humans before, in the manga and in games like Pokémon XD: gale of Darkness. "If" I allow weapons, the weapons would mainly be used by the soldiers against the other soliders, though. Perhaps as a last line of defense if their Pokemon is getting weak, or...since its war...maybe people aren't so helpless in this ancient time period, and they don't just stand behind their Pokémon while it does all the work for them. There would be something very cool about people battling each other, while at the same time their Pokémon also battles. I'll still have to consider this very thoroughly, but regardless its something I will definitely use as part of the plot in the RP.

I think this makes sense. However, I would add that just like real life Medieval warfare had catapults and stuff for the "heavy" weapons in this universe the Pokemon themselves would be the equivalent of "heavy" weapons. I would assume catapults and things are not really used simply because there would be no
need for them when there's Pokemon on the battlefield. They could be pretty destructive themselves, especially the large and fully evolved ones.

So now that we’ve discussed all these elements of the RP, lets get this RP started, shall we?

If anyone wants to gimme some more ideas or work with me to get this RP up-and-running, shoot me a PM! I know a few of you guys seemed willing to help me out, so Id really look forward to working with you guys!

I felt the need to reply to this question separately from the rest of your previous post, Trombone. That way it doesn’t get lost among the rest of my replies to other people. I would never blame someone for not being able to post at the same time as everyone else just because of their time-zone. As long as you’re making an effort to be active and you’re posting when you have the time to do so, that is perfectly fine!

Last edited:
This is still a big WiP, and I'm still gonna need time to get the RP running. Especially if I'm doing everything by myself, it will take a bit of time to complete everything.

I'll be willing to help if I can, but I'm currently spread a bit too thin to assist in the running of it.

Depends on where you what the rp to focus on. The war aspect? The politics aspects? From the POV of refugees/civilians? Or (are you greedy like me) and desire all of the above?

Right now, whatever character I create has no idea which side they should fight for because they don't even know what the war/conflict is about. Hence why I considered making a mercenary character who doesn't care which side wins. Medieval-ish setting implies that there would be kings, queens, peasants, nobility, and all that. Do you need help coming up with kingdom names/inner workings or do you simply need characters (nobles, kings, soldiers, etc) to populate the "kingdom" (because player characters should help with that somewhat). Give players important roles if you want them to help you, otherwise, you'll be making the npcs yourself. Plotting is the hardest part. To know where you want the story to go, you have to know where you want it to end. Leaving things open-ended (or at least making it feel like it was open-ended) is what most rpers prefer and would make things easier for yourself, but, as you say, a good number of rps die because of lack of preparation/pre-prepared ideas. In order to plot, you must first know where you want your rp to focus on...or go with the sandbox style and let players build what they want within a set of rules. Most the rps I create end up being pretty sandbox-y=P

I like the idea of humans fighting beside pokemon in the past, riding a charizard into combat and such tbh. Pokemon are superior to humans, but this isn't a pokemon war (in my mind). It's a human war. There are many political reasons why a charizard wouldn't be razing civilian villages whether they have pokemon to defend their village or not. Humanitarian reasons as well.

1 human vs 1 charizard, yes, I agree wouldn't stand a chance. 20 humans vs 1 charizard though...possible. Throw enough spears and I'm sure 1 will hit eventually. Keep things realistic and it should be fine =P But yeah, this is up to you. Wars have rules to prevent unnecessary cruelty, less casualties, and less damage to the environment, so you could definitely play off that.

So now that we’ve discussed all these elements of the RP, lets get this RP started, shall we?

If anyone wants to gimme some more ideas or work with me to get this RP up-and-running, shoot me a PM! I know a few of you guys seemed willing to help me out, so Id really look forward to working with you guys!

Well, I already offered previously to help with world-building stuff and such so we can have this world actually have a proper Medieval feel.

Hi! I hope there's room for one more? (If not, totally get it!)

I'm very familiar with Pokemon, having played the games all my life. I'm also a big fan of medieval fantasy settings, which seems to be what this RP is going for. I'd love to help out in any way I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back