• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Unique Idea

HowlingWoods

"And she heaved the forest upon her back"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there!
animated-sms-and-text-message-image-0033.gif

My name is HowlingWoods, I go by Karmatose on some sites. Feel free to call me Howl or Karma, I'm okay with either moniker. A little about me before we begin: I'm an 18-year old high school graduate using she/her pronouns. I live in the EST/EDT time zone and have recently been diagnosed with Narcolepsy, which may affect my activity as I am still working out a treatment plan with my doctors and am prone to falling asleep randomly and sleeping for long periods of time. As such I may suddenly disappear in the middle of a conversation, or be on very early in the morning as I slept most of the day. That said I am rather active when I'm awake. I consider myself a fairly literate writer, although this particular roleplay will be unique in that it's split into two parts if you will, and the first half will likely have a lot of one-liners. But don't worry! It'll make more sense once I get talking about my idea, but the one-liners will be short for good reason. However for the second half I will require at least 1 paragraph per post during conversations and the faster-paced bits, and 2-3+ paragraphs for any other times. I'm not super strict on this, but I tend to write a lot so at the very least be prepared to read long posts even if you can't return quite the same length.

This roleplay will require some usage of BBCodes, but nothing too fancy. In particular, we'll be using the codes
here and here. They're very basic codes provided by the site, like I said nothing too fancy, although if you'd like to use another phone/email code or make your own I'm perfectly alright with that, I'm just trying to keep things simple for people who are intimidated by BBCode. Anyway...on to my idea!

So, this is somewhat inspired by a previous interest check I did that can be found
here, but brought into the modern setting with some changes and a very different format. The essential idea is that two people who have never met in real life are in an online relationship. How they met can be decided later, perhaps it was even a wrong number situation that turned into a friendship, but they live pretty far from each other, at least in different states as my character will be from the U.S. but possibly even in different countries. Here's the thing: neither character has been particularly honest with the other. My character is a criminal of some sort, they have good intentions but do bad things. I'm thinking sort of a rough-and-tumble sort of character who grew up with bad influences and is trying to get away from those influences but lacks the resolve to do so. Your character lives in a toxic household, they are abused and manipulated constantly by one or both of their parents. Their sibling was murdered when they were little and the killer was never caught, and so they have a strong hatred for criminals, law-breakers and the like.

The trouble is, my character doesn't know that your character is in such a toxic family, they've only been told that they fight a lot with their family but not how bad it really is. Your character has no clue that my character is a criminal. However, they've found solace in eachother's texts and emails, often looking forward to that little ping! on hard days. They spend a lot of time chatting and talking about their lives whilst skirting around their true identities. There is something incredibly comforting about talking to someone who has no idea about your darkest secrets. Over time, friendship turns into something close to a romance, but both characters are afraid to go all-in, knowing that the lies they've told will prevent anything real from truly developing.

This makes up the first half of the plot, in which we actually write out the character's texts and emails to each other. They can chat, argue, comfort each other, share tidbits of their lives, and more through their online conversations. We'll write it out from the day they meet to when they finally meet in person, at which point the second half of the roleplay will begin.

At some point, your character gets fed up with their family and decides to run away. However, they have nowhere to go except to my character, who they know lives in a particular city and their full name but no exact address. They hitch rides on cars and boats and whatever is necessary until they reach my character's city, at which point they ask around and get a phone book, eventually finding their address. When your character shows up at my character's door in the middle of the night, asking for a place to stay, my character is put in a pickle, because there's no way they can hide their criminal activities for long. But your character is desperate, and eventually my character caves and lets them stay temporarily, but they plan to send your character back home as soon as possible. However neither is fully prepared for what sort of secrets will be unveiled in the following events.

So, that's the second half of the plot, which is written in a more traditional RP style. From there we can do pretty much anything, but the general idea is that secrets will be unveiled, drama will happen, and romance will blossom.

If you're interested or have any questions, feel free to leave a comment down below or PM me. I'm willing to do this RP in either PMs or public threads, either is fine with me. I initially intended this as a FxM plot but I'm open to MxM and FxF as well! I look forward to hearing from you folks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back