• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A u g m e n t //_O n l i n e

Sword

Rat in the Wall
amandine-girard-koni-amandine-girard-koni-legacy-hd.jpg

A u g m e n t //_O n l i n e

The game that was touted to be unlike no other game to ever exist...

Players can immerse into their roles Monday to Friday, with a mandatory two day break outside of very special occasions, such as tournaments.

With a role to play in a dynamic world, the players' actions have much more consequences when NPCS have finite life, failing Quests have true consequences, and with thousands of different agendas tugging at the worldstring, from things such as greedy streamers will do anything to improve their numbers, and a corporation who will let almost anything go to improve their numbers. But this isn't about them. This is about us. About You.

The lines between the reality and AR will begin to blur..

The stakes in the game are about to rise.

============================================
Amelis 2021-11-15-22-29.jpeg

The most powerful Kingdoms and Countries are NPC controlled with rich history dating back hundreds to thousands of years in some cases. But recently the highest level player in the game has completed a quest to become King of the powerful country of Mivar to east. Things seemed okay at first until he replaced most of the High Ranking members of his nation with human players as well, creating a shift in power in the world. Then the invasions began. Mivar attacked the peaceful neighboring nation of Rild and within days, RIld's landhold was reduced to it's capital where human players and NPCS alike call for aid from anyone and everyone.

Today at 12 PM PST there is to be a meeting of some of the highest ranking players in the game representing the alliance countries (Kirnael, Chawcesia, Parthor, and Mith) it is said that Orlon, Dore, and Belasart also has a a peaceful delegation set to attend to offer support towards stopping the Mivarian threat.

The nation of Mith is mostly inhabited by it's native Felinii (think cat people, khajitt from skyrim, etc) but all other races are present somewhere in the relatively country. Lots of tree houses, very forested and swampy. The felinii race are skilled hunters, crafters, and thieves due to their catlike abilities. Mithians are pretty straightforward politically, wanting freedom and willing to fight for it, but not needing to push their boundaries.

Dore is the nation to Mith's south, and though the nations have experienced a few years of peace during their cold war, everyone knows the Canii (dog people, dog humanoids) and the felinii have a long history of war, so people are cautious that Mivar could try swinging the nation of Dore to it's side, knowing the nation has existed on war. Dorean mercenaries have always made a killing regardless but with the entire nation at their side, the war would be a lot more interesting.

Chawcesia is one of the main starting nations for new players but a favorite of longtime players as well, rich lands with various biomes for different hunting. The bastion of humanity in Augment Online, there is a dueling arena in the capital and one of the largest trading areas in the entire gaming world. The brags in other places about "Chawcesia being the best!" may get a little annoying, but there are a lot of good folks there.

Kirnael, the elven nation. Their clans devoutly protect their Tree of Spirit and Kirnish Rangers have been said to be able to sprint through the woods silently due to their connection to the land (as well as many other gifts for some high levels). The Kirnish are already combatting the Mivarian threat to aid their Rildonite allies.

Orlon is hot. A land not quite dominated by players outside of the few cities, with many beasts on Orlon being extremely difficult to manage. Think Australia on fantasy drugs.

Parthor is inspired by the Shire. Farmland mostly inhabited by halflings. Popular starting area for people who want to learn to farm and build as an early trade.

Rild- once a great nation in terms of landmass, the Rildonites have been pushed back into the stronghold inside their capital of Bergstaem. (Underground mountain city with Eragon vibes)

Kingdom of Belasart has proven to be power hungry in the past, launching wars in attempted land grabs, and having lost some of its' borders due to that fact, Belasart has since proven to be willing to work with the allies and has been waiting for a chance to prove they can live in harmony...

Mivar Empire was always a no rules zone, filled with player killing, black market trades, long history of slaving among the native human inhabitants, and a strong pirate presence along the coast. No trader ever seeks to go trading in Mivar. The only reason to ever attempt to was to sail around it to get to Rild, but now someone has taken control of the ruling faction in Mivar and unified both humans and NPC's to their will and made things worse then they already were.

===============================

Can the Alliance answer the call the arms?

Will it be enough?

Will it be in time?

Interest check template

Character Name/Age (in game irl)
Appearance:
Augment Online Name:

A.O. Race:
Appearance: (Same as irl appearance? Change hair color to purple? Made yourself shorter? Taller? Muscular? Curvy?)
Level: (Varying from 1 to 50) almost nobody will be 40-50, this game some of the best people will be mid 20s because player death full on resets your level ;) Once players hit a certain level they usually begin to feel compelled to tone it down, some risk takers out there though, and the Top 100 players are all 40-50 but this is a game with a couple hundred thousand human players. I recommend if you're new to RPing go somewhat realistic so theres room for growth, being a level 15 might not sound cool if theres someone whoses a level 40, but what if that level 15 has an arc that gets him some legendary weapon and some power levels for some noble sacrifice he makes, etc...this will be half roleplaying, half me curating a world for us to play around in similar to DND, stick with me!)

In game job: Like the real world there are thousands, Players can conscript into armies, some high level players are even in political positions, Guard Captain position, advisory roles, etc, some run pirate and thieving crews, the job you choose is yours and will be worked into the roleplay somehow!!!

Noteable Items: (Weapons? Quest Item? Gifted item? Found item? )

Three facts about the person:

Three facts about their in game character:

Maybe interested? What kind of tone are we thinking for this RP?

I'm planning a mass dump of info. For example, classes are a thing but the game has no "set" classes. You can become a Dragon Rider, the path to it is just organic. There is in game quests at higher level and NPCS and players who sell items that might help one become a "Dragon Rider".

Paladins, you train at one of the many churches/do the worship and service and-

Fighters join Fighter's Guilds.

Thieves train in thieving and join a thieving guild.

Assassins have to kill another player or HVT NPC and earn their class.

There is no choosing, but a becoming- if that makes sense.

There is an ingame moment once you complete the prerequisites but otherwise the path to classes is very organic like irl, but after that there are ways to improve in class.

IT IS NOT a LIT RPG. The players are set up to feel everything more like the OASIS in Ready Player One. You're there, you swing your sword to kill not inflict 10 damage.

Character Name/Age (in game irl): Hideki Toragawa (Age: 20)
Appearance:
Hideki_Toragawa.jpeg
Augment Online Name: Firwed Rivencross

A.O. Race: Half-elf
Appearance:
Firwed_Rivencross.jpeg
Level: Level 5. I want to start out small.

In game job: Dragon Rider! (At least working up to one)

Noteable Items: Dragon Sword, bestowed to him by his parents. The Dragon Sword is imbued with draconic energy and he uses it as a spellcasting focus for his magic.
No other notable items, he's only level 5 after all.

Three facts about the person: Hideki is half-Japanese. He is currently majoring in Political Science at college. He works part-time at a renaissance fair.

Three facts about their in game character: Firwed is native to Kirnael, but has resided in Chawcesia for the past few months (since Hideki has been in the game). Firwed was taught the ways of the sword by his human father, and magic by his elven mother. He grew up with a love for dragons, but his parents were killed by a corrupted crystal dragon shortly after Hideki took over the character... however, he still has that love for dragons.

Character Name/Age (in game irl) Vincent Cross
Appearance:DB62FCAF-0D33-45A6-B90A-3569E1710E76.jpeg
Augment Online Name: Taezal Sciuros

A.O. Race: Human
Appearance: dong-jianhua-multiweapon-v03-elleman-3k.jpg

A slightly more muscular and stockier version then his irl appearance. Dark hair and coffee colored eyes with light facial hair. He doesn't go for flashy looks. Though he has been called handsome in game and irl.

Level: 38

In game job: Guard Captain, House Pryde. Was a world traveling mercenary (mostly just doing quests and never settling) up until the mid 20s but his close friends in game all decided to settle down in Chawcesia. Taezal, having become a notorious fighter by this time was well qualified to take over the duties of Guard Captain in the city of Marldon, on the southern coast of Chawcesia, where he protects the members of House Pryde (banner= sigil Lion, on a blue field) and their retinue. House Pryde is one of the many powerful NPC houses of Chawcesia influencing the game and the game world. Taezal took a liking to them and takes his job pretty seriously, especially lately.

Noteable Items: Leron's Peacemaker, acquired in a WORLD EVENT. This legendary sword is said to slice through whatever it makes contact with as if it where air. Looks like it weights a ton, but it is almost weightless in Taezal's hands. ONE OF THE 7 GODFORGED weapons in the game. This has attracted a lot of attention with invites to some of the best Player Guilds in the game but Taezal has yet to accept any offers full time, he has worked with many of them on dungeon quests and gained some friends that way.

Three facts about the person: Wealthy enough to play A.O. full time. Has an entire room with haptic equipment dedicated to the game.
He earns enough from streaming partnerships that he donates most of the rest besides his cost of living and some other personal things.
He has a very competitive streak.

Three facts about their in game character: He has a pegasus called "Oberon" which is his main means of travel. Pegasus native to Mith but can be found all over, but not as frequently as horses and such. Considered the poor man's dragon but Oberon has proven to be the perfect choice for a companion mount.

Taezal doesn't have any offensive spells (like fireballs and such) but he can draw on the strength of those around him, and draw on the strength of Calton and infuse himself with power and energy before needing time to rest. Basically can occasionally tax his system so much that it sends his character into a drained state after. Hardly ever needs this ability.

Has a hilarious story about a catfish and being robbed of lots of in game currency by a dude named Jared. Since then has promised not to find romance on A.O. but who knows. He might have a minor in game crush on some NPCs but he's never considered that- has he?

Last edited:
Ooh, love your DMPC. I wonder... if there's a way that my Dragon Sword could somehow be another one of the seven GODFORGED weapons but Hideki/Firwed just doesn't know it?

Name: Marza "Mars" Benneville

Appearance:

AO IRL Pic.PNG

Augment Online Name: Kariss Veltend

A.O. Appearance:

Half-Lizardkin.PNG

A.O. Race: Scarrad (Race of half-lizardfolk.)

Appearance: Far different from her irl appearance, Mars did not want to use any part of herself in a similar way to her character. Part of the reason she chose to be as inhuman as she can in the first place, she'd just much rather start fresh. Kariss is a farcry from humans, though still bears similarities, being half-lizardfolk. Her skin is a light green, slightly scaled and mostly smooth yet glossy skin. Her eyes are pools of swampy green. It is easy to get lost in the color, even if the gaze can be somewhat off-putting.

She dresses much like one would expect of a more civilized scarrad woman. Her clothing mimics that of a spellcaster, staff and everything. Only problem is that she is a rather unconventional spellcaster and her staff sees hardly any use. Atop her hat is a small nest of sorts, fastened by threads connected to her hat. Where a mage usually has a pointy end to their hat, Kariss has an owl that sits and swivels its head about, looking around.

In game job: Card Master
(Card Master is a rarer class that was found by Kariss in a forest clearing while she wandered about, exploring the world. A Card Master is similar to a summoner, only that instead of using mana or energy they use single use cards. The cards can be anything, even perfect copies of other players. The more powerful the card, the quicker it fades away. The weaker the card, the longer it can be used unless it is killed or destroyed. Spending time around individuals, creatures or items has a chance for the job to create a card of them that is stored for later use.)

Level: 3

Noteable Items: Archive ring. Really the only item worth noting about her as well as concerning her job. The archive ring can only be activated by a Card Master. Attempts to use the magic within without the job would result in no reaction. It would be only valuable as a pretty trinket.

Three facts about the person: Mars is not shy, but she is also not outgoing either. Not entirely that is. When she is able to hide behind a mask, she is usually far more open and willing to interact with others. She just would rather not be known by her true face.

People usually do not come to know that she is a geek for all things fantasy. She always appears to be the studious type, valuing her future more than she does with games or literature. That could not be further from the truth though. She works hard to keep up such an aura of grace around her, but she is actually on a never ending search for a new game to dive into.

Mars has friends. Lots of friends. The only problem is that she never spends the right amount of time with them, her attention consumed by her choice in entertainment. Her friends never seem to mind though. They likely believe that she is far too busy to spend much time around others. In reality, she just didn't like much of anything that had to do with normal social interaction. She'd rather talk about the latest interests in the fantasy genre.

Three facts about their in game character: Kariss' owl is a skill that she earned with her first level in Card Master. A Card Master supposedly is welcome to a permanent [Lesser Creature Card] that they may keep about as a companion. She is not entirely sure of the use of the owl, but she is fond of its presence anyways.

Kariss also has another special skill that she earned once she reached level three. The skill is called [Reptile Caller]. The spell is a passive ability that causes her to generate an assortment of reptile cards over time. The skill seems to associate with her race. The reptile cards are not entirely strong, but some of them can be quite useful in a pinch.

Kariss was made with the hopes of appearing weak and yet proving those that underestimate her completely wrong. Maybe an assassin or a barbarian. However, not only does she lack combat skills thanks to her class, but she is incredibly weak face to face. She relies entirely upon her cards to defend herself. If one were to break through her line of summons, she would find herself in grave danger. As such she must be crafty, clever even, and find a way to surpass any would be player killer in a game of wits.

Theoretically your sword and Kariss' cards could both be Godforged. For a connection to our characters maybe that is a part of what brings us together/draws us as central characters

Theoretically your sword and Kariss' cards could both be Godforged. For a connection to our characters maybe that is a part of what brings us together/draws us as central characters
Ooh, I'd actually love that! I'm excited for this to start!

I'll leave a bumped node of interest here for me to anchor back to when I have some free time, but the premise seems quite cool! Dreaming up the quirky possibilities now!

What would be our story about? Or is this more of a sandbox?

Without giving up too much early, I do have some driving plots to steer the main narrative, but as for how the characters react to that narrative that's up to everyone.

Like I said, (did I?) I see it kind of Ready Player One meets Sword Art meets Infinite Dendrogram meets Game of Thrones meets Wheel of Time meets Stormlight Archive.

There is going to be lots of pulling strings from some bad people to make things go their way, lots of easily influenced players used for their means, I even picture some RPO stuff where the Corps will try to pay players off to join the bad side, and possibly target them if they refuse...so might have players meet up in some safehouse to play...(had ideas that my character would possibly do that)...

FIRST ARC- A tense gathering/union of allied players (hopefully all of us attending) OUTSIDE ACTORS force us to work together, and show us that things have gotten serious. An absolute blindsiding betrayal leaves the alliance reeling and quickly looking to find a way to turn the tide of war.

Well... that's quite a bit different than I imagined, especially since Hideki is still pretty new to the game... and I'm not too much of a fan of the whole RPO thing you mentioned, nor of the betrayal, but I guess we can make it work. My insecurities about it don't have to translate over to in game, do they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back