Idea A True Futuristic Western

ReverseTex

Old Timer
Not a lot of people (at least from what I’ve seen in my years here) have expanded the idea of a western. I’ve toiled with the idea of doing a Red Dead Redemption meets a Cyberpunk 2077 rp, but I don’t have the time to manage nor run it. If someone would like to run it whilst I kinda brainstorm along side you that’d be fantastic. Or if this is generally interesting leave a comment below!

I would totally pick this up if I felt like I had the time. Perhaps not immediately but maybe sometime down the road if no one else does. 😄

I once pitched an idea for a fantasy western. Like, elves and goblins and giants and such... but instead of European medieval, the backdrop was American wild west. I got a few comments about how it was neat. but ultimately that was it. Like you, I don't have the capacity to GM anything. Just thought I'd chide in ;-)

I've never actually thought about a futuristic fantasy though I have no doubt it would be fun. I could try giving it ago but I'm trying to get another fantasy RP to take off first. Which oddly enough is a western fantasy like what Murdergurl Murdergurl described.

Once I've done that I'll DM you and see if your still down to do it.

I guess my favorite "futuristic western" would be Joss Whedon's Firefly. He really crammed in the western tropes. From jaded, post-civil-war Mal to prostitute-with-a-heart-of-gold Inara.

But I'm guessing that's not what you're talking about. I have a hard time visualizing a cross between RDR and Cyberpunk. Westerns are all about the wide-open spaces without much civilization around. Cyberpunk is usually hyper-urban. They seem to be exactly opposite genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back