What's new
  • Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

News & Updates A triumphant return and a sad departure

Nocturne.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 星が衝突します ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
Thank God, I wanted to use the Gallery, but just haven't found time- glad to know I have a chance :).

AliceNWeb

Creative Endeavoring
Greetings and salutations, exalted users of RpNation.

I am Captain Hesperus, Administrator, Archlord of the Fourteenth Realm of Hell and Grand High Poobah of the Cult of Ghan (May His Code Ever Compile).
I come before you today to advise you that the bindings upon my erstwhile prison have expired and I have returned to the site in the fullness of my power and the saltiest of my forms. You may once more fall down and admire me from both afar and near (though not too near, I prefer my cultists to not drool on my satin cushions). I shall be undertaking my former role alongside the rest of the senior staff in helping you all with your problems, issues, concerns and comments.

However, with this, my first formal missive to you all, I must sadly inform you of the imminent sad demise of the site's Image Gallery. Many of you have indulged yourselves posting a vast selection of pictures, gifs (with a hard 'g', I don't care what the creator says) and other media, but with the coming new site update, the senior staff and I feel that we must close down the Image Gallery and purge it from the database. The primary reason is to reduce the sheer volume of data our server must store, improving the service we provide to you and reducing the time required to make backups of the site, should the worst happen.
I realise that this may be inconvenient for some, myself included, but it is in the best interests of the site and the community in general.

We have already locked the Image Gallery from further uploads, but we do not intend on deleting the contents for 30 days from the posting of this message, which will be Sunday 20th of June. We recommend users who wish to furnish their posts, threads and profiles with images either upload images to them directly or use one of the many off-site image storing and sharing resources, imgur for example. (But not Photobucket. That's awful.)
We appreciate all that you may find this announcement to be upsetting, but again, what we are doing is for the best. If you have any questions regarding the impending deletion, do not hesitate to contact the staff via the Staff Contact forum.

Thank you all for your time and cooperation.

tl;dr Captain Hesperus is back and he's going to eat the Image Gallery in 30 days.

Edit: The Gallery is staying.

Captain Hesperus
You're still a sithlord to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)