A Timeless Chit-chat

Hello again everybody. This is an announcement before the update is to be posted.

Apparently, the previous update had some issues that I did not know about. It triggered some old bug regarding mobiles and fixed widths, so the admins/mods had to fix it in my absence. As a result, I have been warned on using the same format, which would merit me ban points, or whatever they're called. So, once more, we will be having a change of post format. I'm still deciding whether to just have the fixed width code removed or completely alter the entirety of the coding.

By the way, if anyone knows what exactly the said bug was, please enlighten me on it. I've been using the same code format for a while now and it is rather surprising to see a warning about it being erroneous, or buggy as hell. 

Anyways, if things go well, an update will come today. I will have to update other projects first though, so hopefully nothing goes wrong, such as my mind and motivation backing out on me like these past days.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not actually a bug - it's that fixed width divs are just that, fixed, so if the screen width is smaller than the div's width, it stretches the page. You can avoid this by using percentages, or by using max-width instead of width. C:

(Of course percentages also look wonky on mobile, albeit not rulebreaking. Max width best width.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for clearing it up, @Anomaly.

I'll be fixing the formats of both CH and BLANK, updates will come shortly once its done. By, the way, please don't forget to vote on BLANK if you are a participant.

Hello everyone, Reinhardt here.

Just going to apologize for the delay on updates, due to the holidays. Things have somewhat calmed down, so hopefully, the posting schedule should be back to normal. It might even improve, depending on what happens the next few days.

That's all.

Hello, everyone. Reinhardt here.

It seems that the activity for this QL has gone down the drain. It was inevitable, but I never expected it to arrive this early. That being said, I am now deciding whether or not to continue this QL, since we are already lacking in players/activity. And with the site revert coming up soon, I will have to change the codes again to make everything readable. If this is to be continued, it would be resumed after the site update is done.

So, what do you think? Should we continue? Or should we close this down?

First of all: I love these stories thus far. always happy to see them show up in my alerts. However, I feel like a good portion of QLs are the comments, ideas etc. of other users as well - and those are missing lately. I can totally see how you wouldn't want to do all this work to only get one or two one-liners in response, so I won't give any vote for or against it - after all, YOU have to know if you feel like the feedback you're getting is still enough for you to be worth your time. If you feel like continuing, I'll do my best to still get my regular votes in.

Thank you, Silanon. I've decided that we are to continue the QL. I'm still thinking whether to use a timeskip or not when resuming this, but I'll tackle that matter soon.

See you around, and don't let those ticking noises bother you.

I'm glad to say that we now continuing where we have left off. The votes given shall suffice to provide a result, in which case, shall be presented to you soon. In order to make up for the time lost during the site downtime, we will be having a timeskip to progress the story.

Other than that, this will no longer be a hosted project. I have sent a request to return this to a regular QL thread, since making this a HP does not merit it anything at all.

I've been sick these past days and that's the only reason for my inactivity. I'm still sick, but I'm getting well, slowly.

The next update should come soon. Sorry for the delay.

Hello everyone Reinhardt here.

I am afraid I will have to stop this QL, or better yet, put it in an indefinite hiatus. I've lost my muse for this, and I would not want to give you half-assed posts. I know it is disappointing to have a QL with a slight potential for greatness to be ceased, but things like this are unavoidable.

I am sorry, everyone, for my incompetence and my shortcomings.

Thank you very much for the time you spent replying and supporting the QL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back