• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern | A Thousand Searches | IC | Open |

Danchou Tsubomi

Leader of the Mekakushi Dan
It is currently January 9th, 2017.

The weather has been...pretty nice, despite the occasional chill.

upload_2017-5-20_23-49-13.png

Still, it's hard not to sweat - but it's more out of nervousness more than heat. The train ride has been deafingly silent. Thoughts, though, haven't been. They've been really loud. It'd be best to clear them and calm down, right?

First off, a good introduction. After all, why randomly take the train? There's a job to do in a place far from home. Better make a good impression to the boss and coworkers...even if most introductions coming to mind aren't that great, this stuff matters, no matter how uninteresting they are to come up with.
  1. "Hello, my name's Yuki. I guess it fits, but my favorite season is winter. I hope it snows more this year. It'd help keep my inspiration for my poetry. Seasonal poems are my favorite."
  2. "Hey there, I'm Ai. There's a lot of things I 'love' in this world, though, so I won't put myself in a box. I'm willing to try anything. After all, life has so many things to offer. Why miss out on them? I feel like photography is a good way of keeping that in mind - you'll always have an idea of what you've done in the past."
  3. "It's nice to meet you. You can call me Naomi. That's...um...it. I My name isn't that interesting, but feel free to talk about animation with me. I grew up with a lot of cartoons as a kid, so it's a hobby that I'm pretty into."
  4. "Hiya! I'm glad to work here! I go by Hana and I really like the outdoors. I hope the weather gets warmer soon, because flowers don't like the cold too much. I get sorta depressed when I see my garden all covered in frost."
  5. Hm, no, these are all too lame. How about something else? (Write-in?)
It doesn't feel like those are too good, but they'll have to work for now. Socialization has always been a bit hard...

Tie breaker:
upload_2017-5-21_13-54-18.png
There you go, Naomi. That's a pretty decent way to introduce yourself. You don't really consider yourself that much of a "charming" person, but it's always been easier to talk about the things you like, like animating and photography. While you are just an amateur in your eyes, these hobbies of yours are very important to you, so you often bring them up in conversation. Just thinking about all that makes you want to draw or take a picture.

upload_2017-5-21_13-57-16.png
Glancing at your「ごみ」bag (you still can't believe you wrote that on something so nice, and in Sharpie, at that - sometimes you just need to realize that inside jokes have consequences) by your side, you recall that you brought your art tablet and camera with you. There might be some nice things to see outside that you'd like to remember later. Your memory never was that great - sometimes, it's like you forget your own name and have to remind yourself of what it was - so if you want some mementos, that would probably be best.

The bag buzzes a little bit. That's probably dad calling. It's not hard to imagine that he's calling in to see how his daughter is doing as an adult, living alone and working.

It's hard to stay awake right now. You've done a lot of packing and planning in the previous week, so your energy is not at its peak.

You look outside the window and think of what to do.

upload_2017-5-21_14-42-39.png
  1. Pick up the phone. While it's not really polite to be talking on the train, there's so little people on it that you're sure it wouldn't bother anyone if you talked for a little bit.
  2. Draw something.
  3. Take a picture.
  4. Just sleep. You're pretty tired and you're going to need your rest for later.
  5. There has to be more thing to do on this train, right? (Write-in?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back