Looking for A tentative return

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I am trying to come back to the world of roleplay. I had left a goodbye message several months ago, outlining a final goodbye to this hobby. I had been struggling for years to actually get any decent kind of roleplay done and (thought) I had finally given it up for good.

Well, needless to say, I am drawn back in. There are only so many movies to watch before I found my freetime calling me back to write. And I find more fun in trying to write with others. I love creating characters and settings, and well... here I am again.

But I am very wary of what the community offers. I hate to say it, but I don't expect anything to be any better than I left it. I'm hopeful to find somewhere to insert myself. But years of seeing the RP community devolve has left me cynical, too.

Anyways... HI, I'm BACK!

Greetings Murdergurl Murdergurl ! And welcome back to RPN!

I don't know the specifics behind your original departure, so I can't speak for the "devolution" of the community or anything else you may have encountered previously.

If you were having trouble getting RP's off the ground or finding good ones that were able to stand the test of time, sadly that's just the nature of role-playing no matter where you go. The internet has the ability to generate ADHD-like tendencies in many people where they'll join and rapidly abandon any RP that doesn't move fast enough for their liking, that fails to maintain interest, or which causes writer's block for them by giving them a little too much freedom to make things up as they go and they end up backing out before trying to flex their creative muscles to overcome the blockage. And they'll then look to join the next thing to catch their attention. Rinse and repeat.

So my best advice for that it simply to tough it out, and don't take any RP deaths personally whether it's you starting the RP or if you joined someone else's. Just let it die and move on to the next. It's a bit mentally taxing to have to go through that time and again, I know. But there's really no avoiding it.

Hopefully your RP attempts this time around yield more fruitful results.

Cheers!

~ GojiBean

If you were having trouble getting RP's off the ground or finding good ones that were able to stand the test of time, sadly that's just the nature of role-playing no matter where you go. The internet has the ability to generate ADHD-like tendencies in many people where they'll join and rapidly abandon any RP that doesn't move fast enough for their liking, that fails to maintain interest, or which causes writer's block for them by giving them a little too much freedom to make things up as they go and they end up backing out before trying to flex their creative muscles to overcome the blockage. And they'll then look to join the next thing to catch their attention. Rinse and repeat.
Essentially, yes. lol

2 decades into this hobby, but these last few years have proven more and more difficult to get things going. I might just be remembering the past through a nostalgic filter. Or maybe I have this skewed notion of my golden age of RP. but it just seems more and more difficult to even find things that interest me. Much less have them work out. As far as putting out my own ideas? Too much effort on my end, just to see them fail or get little to no interest. So I just look to join RPs at this point, and go into any and all of them without high expectations of them working out. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back