• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Tale of Two Geniuses

Redfork2000

The Red One
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello everyone! I'm Redfork2000, but you can just call me Red or Fork for short. Allow me to briefly introduce myself as a roleplayer:
  • How long I've been roleplaying: about 7 years.
  • How long I've been writing stories: about 10 years.
  • Average post length: 2-5 paragraphs (but I can adjust to more or less depending on your preferences)
  • Preferred roleplay genres: Slice-of-life, comedy, romance.
  • Writes in: Third person perspective (I really do not like first person perspective at all)
  • Pairings: Only MxF
  • Activity Frequency: I'm usually active most of the week, except for Sundays. I will occasionally miss a day every now and then due to my changing schedule, but I'll let you know if I have to leave for several days at a time.
I love writing, and for my the characters are the heart of any roleplay. That being the case, I put a lot of love and effort into crafting the characters that will be used for the roleplay. I love to create several characters for my roleplays, so you can expect me to provide a wide cast of side characters to accompany our protagonists throughout the adventures and situations we put them through. When it comes to main characters, I prefer to play males, but I can really play either gender.

Here's what I am looking for in a roleplay partner:
  • Someone who is comfortable playing a female character (as I would really like to play the male character in this roleplay idea).
  • Someone who enjoys romance roleplays.
  • Someone who contributes to the plot and helps it progress. I'd prefer if we both push the plot forward, not someone who just reacts and lets me do all the work of advancing the plot.
  • Someone who is respectful. We should both respect each other at all times, no matter what.
  • Someone who won't use curse words. They make me highly uncomfortable. I don't mind if you use them elsewhere, just please don't use them when talking to or roleplaying with me.
  • Someone who can provide decently-sized replies. I don't want to put a strict limit on this because I know it's not always possible to pump out large multi-paragraph replies all the time. I've also enjoyed roleplays with people who write only one-liners, but for this roleplay I would appreciate some well-sized posts. Instead of putting a strict limit, instead I'll just say, I'd really prefer roleplaying with someone who has a similar post length to mine. If you post a bit less or a bit more than that, that's ok as well.
  • Someone who I can communicate with. I want to be able to discuss the RP with them in OOC chat, and plan with them. And while I don't require it, just chatting for fun in the OOC chat is a big bonus for me.
If you message me, I would really appreciate if you mention to me how active you are, so I can know how often I can expect you to reply, and tell me your preferred post length. And if you also tell me where you stand on all the other points, I can assure you the extra effort won't go unnoticed by me.

So what's the idea I'm talking about here? It's very simple to be honest.

The main characters are two people who live in the same town. I'll call them character A and character B as I refer to them.

Character A is female. She's very intelligent. If she's in school, she's likely to be one of the best students in school. She loves reading, learning, etc. I won't go too deep into her preferences because I would like you to develop her in any way you like. But the main idea is that she's very intelligent, above average. She's the smart one in her group of friends, and she's well known for her intelligence. If I had to give her an IQ number, let's say it's something like 130. So she's definitely very intelligent. However, she's still reasonably normal, interacts with others like any normal person, and is quite mature.

Character B is male. This guy is intelligent as well, but I talking extremely intelligent. I'm talking an IQ of 150-160. However, he's not very "normal", as he's very eccentric, quirky, and probably not very mature either. Basically, he has high intellectual capacity, memory and logical problem-solving skills, but it's at the cost of emotional intelligence. He's not all that mature, and is kind of a manchild. While his brilliance in subjects like math, problem-solving and logical reasoning is very advanced, he's not very mature, and is instead full of quirks and eccentrities.

So this story focuses on these two main characters. Character A is probably someone who greatly values intelligence as a trait she admires in others. She may have had one or two boyfriends in the past, but eventually broke up with them, since she didn't feel like she could share with them her love for learning and acquiring more knowledge. When she meets Character B, she is admired as his brilliance and intelligence, and develops a crush on him, thinking she has finally found that one person she can connect with in her pursuit of knowledge, someone who is passionate about the same things she is. However, she soon realizes he isn't quite "normal", and has all sorts of quirks and eccentrities. Her friends don't exactly think of him as the ideal love interest, thinking he's too weird.

This story is about the development of their relationship. An intelligent but mature and level-headed girl and an even more intelligent, but quirky and eccentric manchild. Let's explore together how these two characters interact, and develop a relationship together. Character B doesn't exactly have many friends, as most prefer to steer away from him and his odd personality, so he has only a small group of people who are close to him. Character A sees past the oddities, and may even find them endearing. So this is mostly a fluffy and romantic roleplay, light-hearted in nature, about two people who meet each other and fall in love, and navigate through any possible difficulties to stay together.

Does this sound like something you'd like to roleplay? If so, don't be shy, and feel free to send me a PM with the info I asked for in the "what I'm looking for in a roleplaying partner" section, or just let me know in the comment section below so we can discuss this idea further together.

Are you not interested in this particular idea? That's perfectly fine as well, I have several other ideas and plots in my main interest check. If you'd like to check that one out, click on the link below:

Or if you have a particular idea you'd like to roleplay with me, feel free to message me about it as well! That's all for now, thank you for your attention, and I wish you a beautiful day!

Last edited:
I'm happy to announce this interest check is still open, so if upon reading you've decided you'd like to roleplay with me, or just want a friend, don't be shy! Leave a comment on this thread or send me a PM, and let's talk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back