• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Summoner's Pilgrimage [a FFX inspired rp]

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜
code by @pasta

guidelines

1. Be polite and respectful. If you can't manage this, you will be kicked, and YC will be killed off. (ha.)

2. No rushing people for replies. I'd like this RP to last and people hate being rushed. But at the same time, I want this roleplay to be active, so if you aren't going to be active, please do not express interest or make a CS. I get that things come up, that's not what I'm talking about.

3. Quality over quantity. No one liners. There is a 2 paragraph minimum per post.

4. This is NOT first come, first serve. Tell me what role you want when you express interest just so that I know.

5. Romance isn't a must, but it's encouraged/enjoyed by most. (Note, I said most). But don't break RPN's rules.

6. Be mature. Not saying this RP is going to break RPN's rules, but i'm saying there may be mature topics/triggers. Do not bash anyone's character or anything like that.

7. On the topic of triggers, please be respectful. Do some research if you have to. Triggers are nothing to take lightly, and if someone gets upset, don't bash them for getting upset. Warn us if your post or character has triggers/trigger warnings.

8. If you have an issue with someone, come to me first. Or be a big person and actually talk to them about it.

9. There WILL be a discord for ooc.

listen to my story... this may be our last chance ミ☆
→ about the roleplay

In the land of Spira, Sin has destroyed countless lives over many generations. Sin, a whale like beast, was born and named by the people of Spira who believed the beast came into being as punishment for their ancestors relying on machina (machines) and becoming a hedonistic society. By following the teachings of Yevon, the people of Spira believe one day they will atone for their crimes and Sin will vanish.

Summoners are people who pray to Yevon to receive the ability to summon aeons, creatures who aid in the fight against Sin. Our story will revolve around one such summoner and her group of guardians, and their journey through Spira to reach Zanarkand, where the final battle against Sin will take place. There are many areas in Spira for our characters to explore and journey through, and fiends along the way to fight.

Can they defeat Sin and bring the eternal calm to Spira?

---​

roles
1. The summoner
2. The brute strength
3. The mage
4. The thief [reserved]
5. The stranger
6. The relief
7. The elder
8. The open role

---​

A couple of things to note.
1. I have left weapons and persona up to you. These are OC's, after all, and we are creating our own story. You don't have to have played FFX to join, as I can answer most questions you may have! And if I can't, I'll surely look it up.
2. I have also left your relationship with the summoner up to you, with TWO exceptions: (1) the brute strength has been the summoners guardian since she [the summoner] was a child, and; (2) the stranger is someone who was sent 1000 years into the future. In their time, they lived in a different version of Zanarkand and Sin did not exist, so they are clueless as to Sin and it's effects on Spira.
3. Sin is born from the Final Summoning. One of the guardians of the summoner who performs this sacrifices themselves, and becomes the next Sin. It's a vicious cycle. This Sin was born from the strangers father, who was the guardian of the summoners father, who performed the last Final Summoning two decades ago as he was sent into the future, just like the stranger was. [If this is confusing, please ask/tell me!]
4. I'd like to keep the genders even, if possible.
5. again, if you have questions, just ask me!!

your story

guidelines

1. Be polite and respectful. If you can't manage this, you will be kicked, and YC will be killed off. (ha.)

2. No rushing people for replies. I'd like this RP to last and people hate being rushed. But at the same time, I want this roleplay to be active, so if you aren't going to be active, please do not express interest or make a CS. I get that things come up, that's not what I'm talking about.

3. Quality over quantity. No one liners. There is a 2 paragraph minimum per post.

4. This is NOT first come, first serve. Tell me what role you want when you express interest just so that I know.

5. Romance isn't a must, but it's encouraged/enjoyed by most. (Note, I said most). But don't break RPN's rules.

6. Be mature. Not saying this RP is going to break RPN's rules, but i'm saying there may be mature topics/triggers. Do not bash anyone's character or anything like that.

7. On the topic of triggers, please be respectful. Do some research if you have to. Triggers are nothing to take lightly, and if someone gets upset, don't bash them for getting upset. Warn us if your post or character has triggers/trigger warnings.

8. If you have an issue with someone, come to me first. Or be a big person and actually talk to them about it.

9. There WILL be a discord for ooc.

plot
in the land of spira, sin has destroyed countless lives over many generations. sin, a whale like beast, was born and named by the people of spira who believed the beast came into being as punishment for their ancestors relying on machina (machines) and becoming a hedonistic society. by following the teachings of yevon, the people of spira believe one day they will atone for their crimes and sin will vanish.

summoners are people who pray to yevon to receive the ability to summon aeons, creatures who aid in the fight against sin. our story will revolve around one such summoner and her group of guardians, and their journey through spira to reach zanarkand, where the final battle against sin will take place. there are many areas in spira for our characters to explore and journey through, and fiends along the way to fight.

can they defeat sin and bring the eternal calm to spira?

---

roles
1. the summoner
2. the brute strength
3. the mage
4. the thief [reserved]
5. the stranger
6. the relief
7. the elder
8. the open role

---

a couple of things to note.
1. i have left weapons and persona up to you. these are oc's, after all, and we are creating our own story. you don't have to have played ffx to join, as i can answer most questions you may have! and if i can't, i'll surely look it up.
2. i have also left your relationship with the summoner up to you, with two exceptions: (1) the brute strength has been the summoners guardian since she [the summoner] was a child, and; (2) the stranger is someone who was sent 1000 years into the future. in their time, they lived in a different version of zanarkand and sin did not exist, so they are clueless as to sin and it's effects on spira.
3. sin is born from the final summoning. one of the guardians of the summoner who performs this sacrifices themselves, and becomes the next sin. it's a vicious cycle. this sin was born from the strangers father, who was the guardian of the summoners father, who performed the last final summoning two decades ago as he was sent into the future, just like the stranger was. [if this is confusing, please ask/tell me!]
4. i'd like to keep the genders even, if possible.
5. again, if you have questions, just ask me!!

Definitely interesting! I wouldn't mind giving this a shot.

EDIT: Considering playing the relief.

Last edited:
I'd give this a shot!

I'm indecisive about whether I want to be the Summoner or Stranger though. Ah, forget it, I'd go with the Summoner

Ahhh yay! So happy to see some interest! Feel free to tag anyone you think might be interested. < 3

Still looking for people!

Side note:
CystalChompound CystalChompound X-Fic X-Fic Togy Togy
We do have the option of playing multiple characters, if any of you are interested. No pressure, of course, it's not required! Just throwing that out there.

Interested in brute strength :D

Edit: what fc would you prefer for this RP? Are you open to painted fc perhaps?

Interested in brute strength :D

Edit: what fc would you prefer for this RP? Are you open to painted fc perhaps?

Hey, thanks for asking! So while I normally prefer realistic face claims, for this I think I'll go with something akin to realistic art! Preferably not anime, though I'd not be opposed to seeing what you had in mind. ^^

Really big fan of Final Fantasy X, what roles are still open? Or is there enough of you already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back