• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Krill

Lurker in Darkness
Tags:

coming of age, high school, summer, teens, nostalgic, ghost hunting, little adventures, vignettes

The days are long, and it still feels like the summer will be, too. Next year is a distant future, last year is already a fading past. We want to live in the now, while we still can.

We weren't friends, but you knew my name, and I knew your face. The string that's drawing us together won't last, but it's tight right now; let's run with it.

When we're on the cusp of something, we can feel it. But I don't think we really know what it is - and I don't think we need to. We tell ourselves we're hunting for ghosts. But maybe by the time we've found them, we'll have figured out what we really need.

Maybe we'll forget this summer of whispered conversations in a rotting old school house and a rusting pick-up. Maybe we'll even forget each other's name and face. But how we change this summer won't soon be undone.

• Our plot follows two high school students who connect at the start of the summer. Despite being relative strangers to each other, something compels them to together to explore some old abandoned building, maybe looking for ghosts. It feels like a summer thing to do, maybe, and they're not in the mood to waste this summer while it still lasts.

The summer progresses. Other dramas unfold - the unfurling of old friendships, the kindling of new loves, the struggles of family and farewells. We use the ongoing narrative thread of these two teens hanging out to explore abandoned places to create vignettes which serve to reflect on other issues in their lives, and to catalyze the personal growth that this reflection can result in.

The summer ends. And with it, so does the roleplay. But the characters live on.

Other:
  1. I'm not a stickler for post length. Quality over quantity, always.
  2. If you need to disappear for a little while, you do you, and know that so long as I'm still around when you return I'll probably be happy to jump back into the RP. Ghost-friendly, as they say, but what did you expect from the title?
  3. I am open to exploring dark themes in this RP. Let's discuss them before we start, and be ready to change course at any point if we get uncomfortable.
  4. OOC conversation is good.

Please reach out via PM if you’d like to discuss this idea some more. When you send me a message, give me some details on the character you’d like to play, and then any other thoughts/feelings that feel appropriate. Also, please ask whatever questions you want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back