• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 🥀🐺 To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered. 🌌🥂

blueskies

rickety, but trying
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Blueskies’ Search
D9C3FFD1-9658-4B3A-94E8-41822B84DDF6.png

some birds sing when the sun shines bright, our praise is not for them, but the ones who sing in the dead of night

8108DC57-9497-49AC-B6A1-F2AD40F495A2.png

About Me
Hi, first of all — much less pretentious than I seem. Please, give me a chance. I am obnoxious about pinterests, songs, art… I will suffocate you with love, become annoying even. I work from home and live to create stories, worlds that we can fall into.

I’m Lex (obviously known as blueskies, too, or whatever you want to call me — lol). I’m a 25 year old with a desperate craving for a long term, advanced writing project partner. My pronouns are she/her.

C45B446A-9241-4894-9AAA-A6A8FD740B09.png

Things that I need from you:
𖥸 I will not write with minors, and prefer 20+ — sorry!
𖥸 I will not do fandoms, please don’t even ask.
𖥸 MxF for romance. I’ll write for either. MxM is also perfectly okay! FxF is a solid no.
𖥸 I want a long term writing partner, I am not ghost friendly. If you don’t have time to give, don’t offer.
𖥸 I need advanced to novella style writing partners, 500 word average for standard posts.
𖥸 I want people who can reply frequently, every day with a preference for daily+! Ideally, someone who can spend all day writing with me at least some days - with several hours in between each response.
𖥸 If you don’t like details and world building, I am not the partner for you.
𖥸 If you don’t like background romance plots, I’m not the partner for you.
𖥸 I write with descriptive, flowery writing. If you don’t like that, I am not the partner for you.
𖥸 If OCC feels like a chore for you, I am not the partner for you.
𖥸 Despite all of this I’m willing to work with you as long as you can be invested just as much as I am! I understand posting times, muse, etc… don’t be afraid to message!

Anywhoo… here’s what I can offer you!
𖥸 Daily Postings, rapid posting at times.
𖥸 Engagement in world and plot creation.
𖥸 Mood boards and soundtracks for our stories.
𖥸 Fun OOC chat. You’re even welcome to add me on social medias. I need us to be friends or the writing won’t work.
𖥸 Ability to adapt, if things change with you or your life or your wants to write… just let me know!
𖥸 I don’t godmode (and I expect that of you too). I like balance in writing and characters.
𖥸 I like creating casts of characters! I prefer someone else who does, too.
𖥸 Generally, I’m happy to adapt to you.
𖥸 Probably other stuff, but I’m not good at selling myself, lol.
𖥸 It’s important for you to understand, while I’m happy to be flexible - I work from home, I get lonely, I can write literally all day with you. I want to write all day between things - even if we’re just chatting OOC together. I want someone who will stick like glue to me like I will surgically attach myself to you. And listen, I understand this is like.… just a miracle wish but my heart is still desperately searching for you anyway.

Currently Craving
𖥸 Faeries, High Fantasy, Magic
𖥸 Supernatural Themes (not the show)
𖥸 Romance
𖥸 Royalty
𖥸 Angst
𖥸 Comfort
𖥸 Tragedy
𖥸 Etc…

19E52D15-C908-41DC-8DFE-64C53C478EE0.png

Plots Pairings & Other Things
I will happily write most anything, these are just a few ideas I just had ready. Nothing about any of it is set in stone and I actually prefer crafting something WITH my writing partner. Feel free to give me a hollar if there’s an idea you have — or if you want to create something together!

General Writings
𖥸 Greek Mythology, specifically Orpheus & Eurydice
𖥸 Fairies / Fae
𖥸 Vampires, Werewolves, Angels, etc.
𖥸 magic, usually, a must for me
𖥸 witches, wizards, magicians, fae, you probably get it… fantasy creatures, any kind, open for discussion
𖥸 sci-fI also open for discussion, might be particularly interested in something along the lines of I Am Number 4.

Plot Snippets
𖥸 Souls attached to one another, by a string in their chest (more here: the string of souls)
𖥸 You have stardust flowing through your veins, use it.
𖥸 A precipice in front, wolves behind. It was hunger that drove us to exploration.
𖥸 Chaos, the great hope of those that stay in the shadows.
𖥸 If I could keep time in a bottle.
𖥸 Go, burn the ships. Free them.
𖥸 The unknown is where everything you don’t have lives.
𖥸 There’s a firefly loose tonight, better go catch it before it burns everything down.
𖥸 Out in the woods, where the wild things are.
𖥸 A man with feathers on his feet, ready to help you to your final destination.

Plot Snippet Idea Things

𖥸 THE SONG CORD: Have you ever heard a voice so beautiful, so truly enchanting it couldn’t possibly belong to the earthly realm? The stories of this ungodly gift have been told throughout time, but the warnings of its magic and dangers have been lost, leaving its wielders an enigma to most.

Faery ancestry was once the birth of this gift, but the fae have long since abandoned the humans, and with their disappearance, ethereal voices have faded, leaving few behind.

Only one true fae remains in the human world, she is dying and with her last song her protector has come to finish the song cord which foretold her life.

𖥸 TWO WORLDS: A werewolf, abandoned as a tiny pup, is raised by real wolves. It’s only when they chase a strange two legged who oddly smells just like another wolf, do they realize they could be something else.

𖥸 There aren’t enough souls to fill the bodies wandering the earth, and… something else has taken up the places of the missing, the gone. Is there too little of a soul, or too much of something else? Sometimes nothing is behind the eyes of the person next to you. No one knows, truly, but it’s lead to chaos.

𖥸 Have you ever heard a voice so beautiful, so truly enchanting it couldn’t possibly belong to earthly realm? Heard a song played so masterfully, the only word to describe it is divine?

𖥸 PROMISE TO THE PACK: The prince of a werewolf pack has left his people to follow a (maybe human?) girl that he loves. Their love, like most, creates a child. When this child comes of age at 22, the pack requests her return so that she can marry the son of a rival pack — cementing herself into her clan, and her clan’s safety among a teetering supernatural, fantastical community.

𖥸 THE KINGDOM OF LIGHT: A prophecy befalls the people of Centinel, from the gods lips... darkness is coming and the light bringer must return. If not, the world would plunge into eternal darkness and inescapable hell beasts would infest the land. One warrior to save them, a sacrifice from one of the 7 kingdoms. An alliance that saves the 7 kingdoms, uniting them into what can only be known as the kingdom of light. (You can find the intro post I did for this dead RP on my samples.)

𖥸 THE SECRET GARDEN: A quiet witch watches over her town of Callu. She‘s the herbalist, the caretaker of these humans who have no idea who or what she is. For years, she’s lived in safety, until a stranger turns up on her doorstep. (You can find the intro post I did for this dead RP on my samples.)

𖥸 We look just like them, and for a long time we thought we were them. That all changed when a new star appeared in the sky and strange sigils began appearing on our skin — and one by one, the special ones began disappearing.

𖥸 Orpheus & Eurydice epic tale type. Two people, desperately trying to be with one another — but always failing to do what they need to because one cannot fulfill their obligation.

EBD7A939-F961-4066-AD18-EB72C6690E54.png

Writing Samples
These are intro writing samples. Standard posts are around 500-800 words, sometimes going far beyond that.

THE SECRET GARDEN
Without sun, even the smallest sprouts of tarragon would struggle.

Annie looked at the patch of herbs before her and was unhappy with its growth, it barely broke the soil’s surface and what did would droop nearly flat. Despite the good fortunes the upcoming change of seasons would bring, the community ran dangerously low on supplies now, and the rat tailed plants before her were what she counted on to heal the most common ailments in the community.

A sigh rolled off of her tongue, quiet as a wisp of wind.

The plants were protected inside an iron skeleton glass house, balmy, and yet even here they didn’t look like they should. Just keeping them alive was a challenge, despite the talent Annie possessed with botanicals. It was near impossible to grow them to their entire usefulness. However, despite her frustration, she could understand the struggle of her plants, for even people failed to thrive in the sunless snow clouds that covered the entirety of Callu during the winter season.

Purr.

“Oh, Archie.”

Archie, who she complained to, was a mousey gray cat who had decided one day that she was his and had become her constant companion. He eternally looked like he was close to death despite Annie's best efforts.

The witch knelt down and ran her hand along his easily felt spine before leaving the garden table. She took another deep breath, preparing herself for the biting wind that awaited them outside the doors of the greenhouse. It wasn’t a long walk back to her little house down the path, but in this weather it felt like hours.

“Are you ready?” She asked as she stood, looking down at the ball of fur at her feet. Except he wasn’t there, in fact the cat had broken his attention, strolling lazily toward the door.

Archie walked with this sauntering purpose, as if he had asked Annie first - and perhaps he had. Words didn’t always need to be spoken, especially between two who knew each other so well.

The cat waited at the clear paned glass door for Annie to join him, watching as the cottony snowflakes fell thick through the air. The flakes would drift towards the ground until they found a resting place on the already chest high hills only for a moment before blowing past, adding to the blizzard.

For the fleeting moment even Annie could enjoy its beauty. Endless snow. Fresh, pure. The most beautiful things could be the most devastating.

“The first one back has to make dinner.”

It was a meager attempt by Annie at humor as the cat knew he would always be fed first, and Annie knew she would hardly eat anyway. Still, Annie looked down at the cat hoping for some kind of response, but there was none — so she held her breath and opened the door just long enough that they could both snake through.

Both cat and girl were immediately chilled to the bone, a collective shiver shared between them before they took off in the direction of the cottage.

The conditions were white out, a sight line of mere feet in either direction. The two relied on each other to find their way. Truly, only reason they ever made it back to the house in these conditions was because they had walked the path together so many times before.

“Archie, what are you doing!” Annie called as the cat’s pace picked up and he nearly disappeared out of view.

Her steps increased, as did her heart rate — even as the comforting outline of the cottage appeared. Something was different. The hair on the nape of her neck stood and she stopped, somehow no longer cold.

Archie made a noise that she could only be described as a growl, but Annie could not move — her feet planted solidly in the snow.

It was then that she saw a figure huddled under her stoop, stark black against the whiteout. Had the figure not jolted at the sound of the cat they’d have looked like nothing more than a shadow monster.

“Who are you?” She called, pulling the cat up into her grasp for her own comfort. “What are you doing here?”

As Annie looked closer she could tell that it was a man, frail - but not elderly. His gaze flickered upwards. Normally eye contact would have been comforting, but the eerily blue eyes peering back at her only added to his allusion.

“Are you in need of assistance?”

THE KINGDOM OF LIGHT
Lady Cere, the kingdom of ice has come. A taut voice called just behind the door of the great caverning room. It’s owner tried peered through the cracks of the wood, clawing for entry before seeming to remember this wasn’t a forbidden chamber and simple letting himself in. Two warriors, just as you sent for.

“Not as I sent for, Frayr, as the prophecy declared.” This voice was clear, certain, and came from a woman who seemed to be just perching on the edge of a spiraling golden throne which sat at the back of the room. Her fingers bounced along the edge of the armature of her seat, their silent song the only inkling of nerves in an otherwise regal frame.

Cerelia. Her gaze hard focused on the man who had called out to her, his large frame just appearing from under shadows of candlelight.

“They are the first of many.” Faster across the metal the woman’s fingers flew, winding her up like an overturned clock. “And yet, we are the lucky ones.”

A nervous laugh fell out of the man, it was small and yet somehow large enough to fill the room and leave it achingly empty once it had gone. It was clear, though Frayr was trusted by the priestess and trusted her, he was uncertain of the future. Our people have prepared for this time for many seasons, priestess. It is time to begin, it is all we can do.

His voice calmed Cerelia, her eyes meeting his own as he approached her throne. Shall I begin the festivities?

“Open the gates.” She confirmed, turning her chin away and stilling the quiet discomfort which already attempted to gnaw at her.

PROMISE TO THE PACK
The evening sunlight was glorious; radiant and strong, it burned hot on the trees and creatures even as the night threatened. That, however, did not stop the children of a village called Drifa from playing and filling their forest with screeches of laughter and joy.

Distinct voices and echoes danced across the clear cut grasses, one standing out on its own—

“Freyr, hurry! Wyn is going to catch you.”
A little girl called, breaking off from the large group gathered in the meadow clearing. She headed straight into the entanglement of heavy foliage, quickly disappearing within it.

Over brush, through branches, and around sparsely laden pine trees she ran - followed closely behind by a boy of her age who could only be assumed to be the one known as Freyr.

“Please, Addie, wait!” He yelled in return, struggling to keep up, tossing sticks and leaves as he went hoping to slow her down.

The girl looked back but only found blurs of her companion behind her, entirely failing to spot the predator hidden just in sight.

However — both Adeline and Freyr could feel its presence. This instinct drove them to run harder and faster, but their giggles and saboteur shoves never ceased, even as their lungs screamed for the oxygen which too quickly thinned.

On the cusp of their fun turning to fear, a crisp silver wolf flew from the brush, capturing Freyer in its paws.

Inescapable laughter erupted from the boy as he struggled and was freed, soon joined by the returning Adeline who shamed, “See, I told you keeper Eirywn would catch you!”

Freyer let out a gravel toned growl, “You cheat-“ His complaint started, but was interrupted by a sharp bark and a heavy nudge that pushed him back in the direction of their camp.

“Listen to Eirwyn,” The white wolf’s companion, descending from a tree as an auburn haired human, commanded. Annoyed, but obedient, the pair uttered yes keeper Lilli and turned, heading down the tangled trail they’d created.

Though the young ones didn’t know it yet, this was a game of intention, to teach them what it meant to run and hide — to trust in their instinct and the agile skills they would need to survive should their world ever destabilize.

“They will learn soon enough,” Evangeline quietly laughed, taking a moment to brush her hand over the broad head of the wolf, who pressed his into her touch.

Memories like these fueled her spirit, but she had few of them herself from before they joined this clan. So, when she had an opportunity to play with the young ones, she took it. “Wyn, I think I will stay out here tonight.” Evangeline said as she bent to the ground, exchanging a touch of the forehead with the enormous creature.

The wolf turned on his paws, hesitating in his movement, but then followed Adeline and Frayer down the path.

Leaving Evangeline alone in the quickly darkening wood.

B0621D42-0E08-4413-B92D-6E6E5705D8FB.png

I’m much less obnoxious than this when you actually chat with me, I promise

Last edited:
Everyone has to go through a crucible and hope that they come out safe on the other side. And you? You were my crucible.

UNUSED STARTER POST—- feel a vibe? PM me and we can discuss a plot to pair it with.

The glass house was centered in the middle of a city and it’s bustling metropolis; it had long since been abandoned within the confines of the city’s large park. Previously, the arboretum had been home to a glorious herbological collection, a crown jewel of the city, but its caretakers must have passed. That was the only explanation for such a grand, metal skeleton structure to have been allowed to be overtaken by weeds, multiple broken glass panes laying in fractals around its perimeter instead of being repaired.

“This is that magical place you promised, Farrah? It looks…”

Not everyone had forgotten about the greenhouse, it seemed. Its door rattled as someone tried to enter, Farrah presumably. The lock did not budge, until the door’s pane shattered and a hand reached inside forcibly unlocking its frame. Glass hit the ground in the sound of a melody, the invader crunching its carcass under her heels.

“Oh, brave are we?” The same voice laughed, his voice a rolling baritone. Farrah, the redhead he watched, met his sea blue eyes with the storm gray of her own. She challenged his words with that one glance, and his hands raised as a white flag of surrender.

Farrah scrunched her nose at him, “I just want to see inside, Elias.” The woman had heard about this little hidden piece of greenery for years from her grandmother, whispers of the fascination which lay behind the opaquely see through walls. They were stories attached to that building, ones which you would tell to children in hopes of making their hearts believe in the extraordinary. Stories of grand adventure, love, and all number of beautiful things.

For so long, Farrah thought the greenhouse was nothing more than a fairytale — her belief in its presence having faded with her childhood. Truly, she had grown too old for stories.

Yet, when she’d found the greenhouse on a jog a few mornings before, her heart had filled with an unsettling need that she could not shake. She’d not been able to quit thinking about it, and so she’d returned. “Maybe there’s something interesting inside-“

“I doubt so.” Her companion mused.

“Just keep watch.” Farrah returned, moving to open the door herself.

“Really? I don’t think the cops are going to arrest you for breaking and entering this shack.”

Farrah said nothing this time, but frowned slightly.

Having no backbone, Elias once more yielded to her, opening the now unlocked door and letting her wander in under the bridge of his arm. “What made you want to come here anyway?” He asked, taking up stead at the front of the building as she’d asked, instead of following her bounce of curls into the humidity of the greenhouse. He did, however, catch one of the red tendrils, pulling it as she passed; a musing tease that she did not appreciate.

He clearly expected an answer, but Farrah continued to remain silent for several long minutes, unable to catch her breath. “It’s—“

“A run down piece of shit? Yea, I can see.”

Farrah ignored the comment, continuing on into the kaleidoscopic array of green and color bursting rainbow that was in front of her. There was foliage everywhere, in flower beds, running along the baseboards, hanging from broken panes overhead. Orchids, and peonies, chrysanthemums, statuesque shrubs, flowers that were so unearthly that she could not name them. All seeming to reach out in greeting to her.

There were occasional trees, too, tickli f the very tall roof of the ceiling with ease, some of their branches as thick as her arm. Some were ornamentals and others were bearing odd fruit which she could not name. None of these plants had been rooted recently, they’d been here for years, centuries even. Even the flower vines were ancient and gnarled.

Without thinking Farrah walked through the middle of the menagerie, a cobblestone path leading her forward. Her fingers touched the petals and leaves of each plant which she passed. Gentle and tender, almost afraid she might break them.

The most brilliant piece in the room was an arched trellis toward the center, its entirety covered in pale white flowers and bushy green. The flowers themselves hung in alternating vines which at some points hung so low that they would try and cling to the hair of anyone who dared step through; while the leaves of the plant which covered the tellis were so bushy that there may have not even been a trellis as structure in its middle.

Farrah almost laughed at the absurdity of it all. Even now she could see the sky above through empty holes, and yet the heat of the room was entirely unaffected by the frigid air outside its cracked exterior. How could such an Eden be thriving in a place so broken as this?

“It’s better than I could have imagined,” Farrah called over her shoulder, unable to explain the way in which the arching white entrance of petals called her to its front.

Closer now, she could see that it was more of an endless tunnel of flowers and its accompanying leaves than it was a garden trellis. Where did it lead? Farrah felt the danger of the bottomless black in front of her, but that intensity only fanned the courage which smoldered like a fire inside her chest.

“I’m going to see where it leads.” She warned, but Elias hadn’t heard her — he was too busy kicking around dead branches outside as he waited.

It wasn’t as if Farrah would have waited for him even if he’d responded, she was already dipping through the threshold, far out of his earshot. She let out a breath she hadn’t realized that she’d been holding. Besides that puff of air, there was no sound. Not the call of a bird, or the howl of the wind. The foliage was so thick it could have suffocated screams.

She used the wall as her guide down into the abyss, the flickers of sun through the trees not enough to see her feet or her own hand in front of her face.

Farrah walked until shadows closed in on every side and she was so terribly alone, for the first time her fear finding some grip in her heart. “Hello?” She threw her voice into the dark, but the dark had no remark, just repeated what she said.

Anyone with any sanity would have turned on their heels and ran back, but not Farrah.

She only continued on for what could have been miles, pulled by a string centered in her chest toward a future which she could not see. Under her touch, flowers became a solid wall of dirt and then smooth rock. Eventually, Farrah was rewarded with a flickering stream of light from ahead tapping at her feet.

The exit was the mouth of a cave, its opening pointed at an unfamiliar forest which was filled with endless trees. Over its front shimmered a vaguely blue color that quivered as Farrah touched its surface, some kind of barrier that her fingers easily slipped through the barrier and came back again with the flush of starry dust particles who settled and fell in the dry air.

“Hello?” She called again, hoping someone might hear her, and though there was no reply she became curious enough to step out into the sky high pines.

Once more, Farrah set off into the unknown, having no qualms about taking it on. She, however, made it not five steps outside of the cavern before finding herself hauled into the air by the back of her jacket — scruffed like a feral cat.

She tried to whip around to see who did it to her, even reached back to claw at the hand, but found no purchase on the metal which her captor was gloved with.

“Let me down!” Farrah complained desperately, feeling the oxygen in her lungs began to wane.

“Oh, you speak.” The graveled tone was almost a laugh, so unfamiliar and lyrical. “What *are* you?”

She tried to respond, but only wheezed in return, voice no longer working. Seeming to understand her distress, the man returned Farrah’s feet to the ground. Though, she remained attached to whoever held her by the collar of her jacket.

“I think I will show you to everyone else.”

Finally, Farrah could see who spoke of her so flagrantly; a tall man dressed in night black armor, his blond hair looking out of place against the obsidian. What the fuck- sat on the edge of her tongue, but she couldn’t force it out, even as he began nudging her forward.

He didn’t take her far, maybe a hundred feet at most, before there was a break in the trees and an entire troop of darkness could be seen scattered in the field. Many of whom were around campfires, some milled about.

Farrah fought again, viciously this time, tearing the seams of the windbreaker which she was captured by. That only enthralled the one who was at her neck, her struggle a fascination.

The soldier went to yell, to tell the others of his new toy, but choked on his words, stuttering a cough. His hand released her, and stumbled forward clinging to his own throat, then his chest. He couldn’t locate what was hurting and it made him angry, those vast, green eyes wide with fury as he hit the ground face first.

Farrah, now free, moved not a muscle as every single eye in the camp turned onto her.

Last edited:
If anyone likes shadow & bone… the crows, I mean really just kaz, have me by the throat — I could absolutely be convinced for the same vibes in our own world. 👀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back