• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Strange Scar

Irakma

Lovable Mystery Man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
CJ arrived at Kings Cross once again, and looked up at the tall ceilings. Taking in a deep breath, he exhaled and began walking. Not two steps later, an elderly woman by the name of Margaret said, "What? No hug goodbye? Is this the kind of love you show to people?" CJ smiled and turned back around, pulling Margaret into a hug. Margaret shook her head and said, "That's more like it. I've been your guardian for these past eight years now. You can't act like I'm just some impediment to your life." CJ stepped out of the hug and looked at his caretaker, smiling. "Don't worry, Margaret. I'll make the orphanage proud." Margaret waved a finger at him. "Now you better, or we'll have to go find another prodigy to go to his own school for free." CJ continued smiling and said, "Not a worry. Take care of the kids while I'm gone." Margaret scoffed. "You sound like an old man going off to war. Very well. Go on with you." CJ grabbed his bags and turned around, the smile dropping off his face as soon as he was facing away from Margaret, quickly getting lost in the crowd.

Meanwhile, only a couple feet away, Ellie was getting farewells from their guardians as well. Their face was a complete change from CJ's, with a more natural and softer smile on it. Ellie was being told farewell by the couple who had taken him in. With a giggle, Ellie said, "Don't worry, I'll be safe. I promise I won't do anything dangerous other than flirting." The two guardians smiled and said, "Okay then. You come visit us in Hogsmeade, alright? We wanna make sure that everything is okay." Ellie nodded and said, "Of course! Take care!" Grabbing his cart and bags, Ellie began to walk through the barrier, only a few moments after CJ.

Walking into the smoky air, the two looked at each other for a second, before CJ sighed and started walking towards the train. Ellie immediately smiled and ran over to him, saying, "Hey! How you doing? You know where the twins are at?" CJ looked down at the shorter Ellie and said, " I-I'm not sure. Maybe they're taking their time? I guess we could get on the train and wait for them there." Ellie smiled and said, "Excellent. I barely know them but Henry looks cute. Unfortunately cuter than you." CJ ignored Ellie's comment, knowing that talking would only serve to make it worse. CJ instead picked up his bags and brought them onto the train, with Ellie quickly following suit chatting away. While Ellie didn't know the twins too well, she had very quickly become friends with CJ after an interesting incident where the two had found themselves hiding in a girls bathroom together from an angry Divination teacher. They hadn't escaped punishment, but the two became steadfast friends shortly after that, taking care of each other whenever they needed help.

When the time came for the kids of the Clan to head to Kings Cross, they all gathered in the manor's common area and got with their parents to apperate to Kings Cross. Instead of their father, Jeremy, their father's right-hand man, was the one to take them to Kings Cross. They all apperated to the station, and then one family after another began to run through the barrier. Iliana and her brother ran through the barrier, followed by Jeremy and headed up to the train's luggage compartment, placing their trunks in the train.

Both Iliana and Henry's owls had already flown to Hogwarts, which was one less thing for the twins to have to worry about. They turned to face Jeremy, who gave them both a sad smile, reaching a hand up to brush his thumb against the new scar over Iliana's eye. She had just taken off the bandage a few days ago, and the wound looked pretty ugly and deep and was still scabbing. Henry's jaw had a wide scar on it which was still scabbing. He gave the two of them a sad look. "I'm sorry, you two. I'm sorry I couldn't have protected you." Henry just gave Jeremy a smile and gave him a hug. At least Jeremy and the other members had tried to help them heal. Their father was the real one to blame, with the cursed dagger he used against them.

"I'll pull some strings with your father to let you two stay at Hogwarts for the holidays. I think it's best for you two to stay far away from him." The twins looked pretty relieved, and Jeremy just placed a hand on their shoulders. "I'll see you in the summer." Iliana gave Jeremy a hug before she and her brother hopped on the train, looking to find a compartment. After looking for some time, they found an empty compartment and sat down next to each other, Iliana staring out the window and counting out the number of Top Hat parents that were standing on the platform.

Hogwarts was the one time that the Top Hats, both kids and parents alike, didn't wear top hats. Usually, that was what distinguished them to be part of the Clan, but when they made public appearances, like for dropping off their kids for the start of the Hogwarts year, they didn't wear them in order to keep a low profile. Iliana felt Henry tugging at her sleeve and she turned to look at him. "Do you think anyone's going to notice the injuries?" He signed with a worried look on his face. With how obvious both of their cuts were, both on Iliana's eye and forehead and Henry's jaw, it was certain that people would notice.

"Yeah." She said with a long sigh. "People are going to notice. I just hope they don't try to ask questions. I know neither of us wants to talk about it." Henry nodded with a firm look on his face, grabbing onto her hand and squeezing it for comfort.

CJ was searching for an empty compartment while Ellie went on and on about his summer working in the little shop at Hogsmeade. While CJ didn't mind Ellie running their mouth, it did start to grate on him when he was frustrated. Just as he was about to turn and yell at Ellie, he saw the twins out of the corner of his eye. Relief spread through his face, and he said, "C'mon. I just saw Henry and Iliana. Hopefully we can get some seating with them."

Ellie was of course elated to see the twins. He quickly grabbed his bags and with a sudden, "Where?!" he was ready to go. CJ calmly led the way towards the compartment he had seen the two enter, he opened the door cautiously to the compartment, knocking beforehand so as not to startle them. Fully opening the door, he said, "I-I hope we aren't intruding on you two. If you don't want us here, we can leave." Internally, CJ kicked himself. He knew very well that acting nervous wasn't going to do him any favors. Almost instinctively, he began to rub his pointer and middle finger together while staring at the ground, not looking at their faces and thus not noticing the scars.

Suddenly, Ellie shouted, "Hey, I wanna see them! It's been forever since I saw Henry's pretty face!" With a sudden jolt, CJ went flying forward, slamming into the wall opposing the twins, and Ellie stepped in, proud of how hard he had kicked CJ. With a groan, CJ said, "You could have been a bit more careful, that was my nose. I'm lucky it didn't break." Ellie scoffed and said, "Oh, you'll be fine. Grow up." CJ snorted and said, "A-at least I don't constantly flirt with people." Ellie snorted and said, "That had to be the absolute worst insult you have ever said." CJ just sat there holding his nose and nodded.

Ellie, satisfied with their win over CJ, turned over towards The twins and said, "So what have you been up to over the sum..." With a slow shock, their face drained of color and he said, "Christ. What happened to your face?" CJ looked up for a second and said, "Hey, what happened to your mentality of flirt with everyone? That was rude. Apologize." Looking at their faces, he saw the very visible scars and stared for a second with a look of pure shock and horror on his face. Once again, his fingers began to rub together. Taking a second to gather himself, he asked with a hoarse voice, "Wha... What happened?"

Iliana and Henry had only been alone for a few moments when the compartment door slammed open, and two of their friends came in. Neither of them were paying attention for the first few moments, but as soon as Ellie turned to face the twins, the color in their face completely drained and a look of horror was visible on their face. The twins tensed up, and CJ briefly chided Ellie before he turned and saw the scars on their faces, shock and horror visible on his face

For a moment, it was quiet as Henry's grip only tightened on Iliana's hand. "Dueling accident." Iliana lied smoothly. "Us and the other kids of our clan were watching some of the older members duel, and some spells weren't aimed properly." Henry just nodded slightly, seeming to relax a bit. It wasn't the best lie, but it was what Iliana was going with, and neither she nor Henry wanted to tell anyone about what was happening back home.

"Not much has been happening." She brushed past the issue and tried to answer the question Ellie had asked the two of them. "We've mostly just been doing our summer homework. There was a little party to celebrate some new members; we held a mini Quidditch game with the other kids. Parker knocked Henry off his broom when he threw the Quaffle at him." She smiled a bit at her brother, who looked a bit embarrassed.

"Come on, he threw it really hard at me." Henry signed with a bit of annoyance on his face. "It's hard to block goals when Parker's got the arm strength of a bodybuilder." Iliana laughed a little, but her laugh sounded a bit forced.

"What about you two?" She turned to face CJ and Ellie. "What did you two do?"

Ellie looked relieved as soon as Iliana gave an explanation, and laughed slightly. "Of course. I bet it must have been some duel though. That looks like that time my father ran a knife through a sheep's neck. Did anyone look at it, or is it gonna take longer to heal because it's magical?" They looked quite ready to accept any explanation, and clearly fully believed the twin's lie. CJ on the other hand, was a bit more skeptical. While he wasn't entirely certain what had happened, it definitely didn't look like it had been just a dueling accident. And he could just barely hear a bit of uncertainty coming from Iliana's voice.

However, it was not enough for him to have a definite answer as to what had happened. So he decided to keep it cool. Whatever had happened, they didn't want to say. And CJ wasn't about to pry into their lives. Not just yet. He hoped that his inaction wouldn't cause the twins to get hurt any more, but he couldn't really tell at this time. With this new uncertainty, CJ began to start thinking, not noticing when the two started talking about their summer, and thus missing the slightly forced sounding laugh from Iliana.

Meanwhile, Ellie had completely moved on from the scars. They were already wrapped up in the story about quidditch, and desperately wanted to know the details. "Oh! So what happened next? Did you win? Did you-" Ellie stumbled for a moment as the train began to move, then got their positioning back in order. "-Catch the snitch? How hard can Parker throw?" A pause, before a slow smile spread across Ellie's face. "Are they cute? Hey, CJ," CJ looked up abruptly from his thoughts, not knowing what was happening. "Yeah?"

"Do you think that Parker is hot?" CJ looked at Ellie for a second, before saying, "Who? What are you talking about? You sound like a loon." Ellie snorted and responded, "Says the one who's falling asleep over there." CJ began to protest, but Ellie quickly shut him down. "Uh uh. It's naptime. Close your eyes now." Ellie was smiling for a moment, but then broke into fits of laughter. CJ began to nervously laugh along, though his eyes were clearly showing his confusion, though towards what, nobody could tell. Ellie turned over towards the twins, still laughing faintly, and asked, "By the way, what did Henry say? I still can't read the hands. All I understood was the signs arm, Goals, and block."

"Jeremy and some of the other adults looked at them." She explained, not exactly meeting Ellie's eyes. "It's going to take a while to heal." It was a lie though. With the scars being made by a cursed dagger, theyโ€™d never fully heal. She was glad that CJ and Ellie had moved on from the topic and started talking about the Quidditch game. "I play as a chaser in our games, like I do at school. Ella caught the snitch and she was pretty fast about it too." Iliana explained with a small smile.

"Parker's got a strong arm. He's able to throw really hard when he wants to." Iliana had to translate what Henry had signed to the other two, in order to let Henry into the conversation as well. "Parker's a sixth-year Hufflepuff. I'd say he's pretty cute. He's got this dark and brooding look to him." Iliana just smiled a bit and embowed her brother with a slight smirk on her face. Henry really wasn't one to have romantic feelings all that much, so the fact that he mentioned Parker did look pretty cute was surprising and worth teasing her brother over.

"Oh, he just said that Parker's got the arm of a bodybuilder and that it's hard to block goals with that." Henry nodded vigorously, settling down in the seat with a huff. There was a reason Henry didn't play on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. While he liked the game, he didn't like it enough to get hurt playing. He preferred to watch his sister play Chaser, even if she was from a different House. "If you want, I can try to teach you BSL."

They were in the midst of their conversation when the old woman with the trolley came by. "Anything from the trolley dears?" Iliana hopped up and bought some pumpkin pasties and cauldron cakes to split between her brother and her. She thanked the woman and sat down, handing a couple of the treats to Henry, who gave his sister a smile in thanks.

Last edited:
Ellie was already smiling and going fully along with the story, and was quite entertained by the twin's story. Already Ellie could imagine the two locked in a quidditch match with the other members of their family. Then Ellie's mind began to wander, thinking about their own summer. While they hadn't done anything cool like a quidditch match, they still definitely wanted to tell them all that had happened. Then Henry started signing. Of course, Ellie still couldn't understand, but this time Iliana translated, which broke Ellie into another grin. "So, they're cute, huh? I'd absolutely love to flirt with them. And meet them, I guess."

CJ was still sitting there in silence, occasionally glancing around to make sure nothing had changed. His head was full of questions, but he could tell that asking questions would make things much more awkward, which he didn't want to do. So silent he remained. Of course, he was still trying to pay attention to what the twins were saying so he'd be able to more easily discern what was actually happening. And deep down, there was the flicker of love towards Iliana and he was subconsciously trying to pay more attention to get her to like him.

Ellie was of course quite excited to talk to Iliana and Henry. They were of course elated at the offer of being taught BSL, to which they had responded with, "Of course! I'd love to understand what Henry has to say! And then he wouldn't have to have an intermediary! Plus, It'd be really useful to talk undercover in cla-" Ellie was then interrupted by the entrance of the snack lady, and they leapt up from their seat in excitement. Ellie of course went and bought as much snacks as they could, and quickly sat down with a varying assortment of food. Meanwhile, CJ stood up and carefully bought one Pumpkin Pastry, and thanked the trolley lady.

Sitting back down, Ellie smiled and said, "Well, my summer was great! I didn't get to do anything crazy exciting, but I did get to help out at my surrogate father's shop! It was really fun! I also got to go to most of the shops in Hogsmeade, which was really neat! Hey CJ, what did you do over the summer?" CJ glanced over at Ellie and said, "Well, I-I helped out at th-the orphanage, and I also saw the poster for that c-criminal S-Sirius Black. I can't believe he escaped f-from Azkaban... I mean, how would he even do that?" As CJ spoke, he suddenly realized that the train was stopping. Looking out the window, he saw only darkness, and he said, "Why are we stopping? We aren't at the station yet..." Slowly, a feeling of dread began to slide down CJ's back.

Iliana smiled a bit and shook her head. "What is with you and flirting? Parker has a partner. They're engaged." Henry nodded with a slight smile. Parker's family had him engaged to a child of another family in the Top Hat Clan, and as far as Iliana could remember, the two of them had been engaged. The twins just shared a look with each other while Ellie kept going on, and Iliana noticed that CJ was staring at them.

She frowned a bit. He knew. She knew he did. She supposed that anyone who had fairly good observation skills would be able to see that not all was right at home. She glanced away from CJ and tried to ignore it. She just hoped CJ wouldn't say anything to a professor or try to ask about it. She and Henry each took a cauldron cake and tapped them together with a smile before they took bites out of their treats.

As they ate their treats, the twins listened to what CJ and Ellie did over the summer and as CJ mentioned Sirius Black, Henry's face grew grim. He had heard about the breakout from some of the adults in their Clan. They had been talking about Sirius Black and what he had done back at the end of the First Wizarding War and being rather concerned about letting the kids' head back to Hogwarts, despite Hogwarts being "one of the safest places on Earth."

The train began to slow down, and Henry frowned, glancing out the window. It was dark and raining, but clearly, they hadn't arrived at Hogwarts. "What's going on?" He asked in a very quiet voice, turning to look at his sister with a worried expression on his face. Iliana reached out and grasped his hand tightly. Henry noticed that the water on the outside of the train was slowly starting to turn to ice, and he could see his breath. He felt a cold sense of dread, and he glanced up, tightening his grip on Iliana's hand when he spotted a figure outside of their compartment.

The door swung open slowly, and Henry felt fear and dread become worse and felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness wash over him. Dementors. His sister suddenly slumped over on him, and he turned to look at her in shock, trying to shake her awake. She was pale and her face was covered with sweat. That was when Henry heard it. Screaming. He could hear the sound of someone screaming. He felt lightheaded and tired and everything suddenly slipped to black as he could see a bright white light from the train hallway.

CJ was worried. The last time he had felt dread such as this was when he had woken up that fated night nine years ago. Instinctively, CJ clutched his wand, safely stored inside of his cloak and stood up, wondering what was happening. It wasn't until he saw his own breath that he realized what was happening. Dementors. Immediately, his mind went to the one spell in that book he had been trying to learn and cursed under his breath, knowing that he couldn't cast that damned spell because he didn't have a happy enough memory to even produce the silvery mist, let alone use it against Dementors. Very well. He would make do with what he had.

Standing up, CJ stepped to the door to lock it with a charm, when it swung open, revealing an empty face save for a terrifying mouth. Immediately, CJ heard screams. The exact screams that his mother had made while the man had stabbed her. Sweat began pouring down his face, and his wand slipped from his hand, clattering to the floor. The two dementors slowly made their way into the room, slowly gazing around at the four, and making a very faint sound, saying, "Where is heeeee?" CJ shuddered and said with a quivering voice, "S-s-st-t-tay aw-w-way f-f-from U-u-us-s-ss!"

The dementors slowly glided towards Ellie, who just shivered in fright, and then turned towards the twins. CJ, seeing that they were approaching them, immediately ran between the twins and the dementors, and shouted, "Stay back! You aren't allowed to touch them!" The dementors slowly glided towards CJ until they were gazing directly into his face, and suddenly began to inhale. CJ began to scream for a moment as they began to take his soul, but just as quickly he stopped, as the dementors were driven away by a shimmering and glowing light.

Standing in the doorway was a shabby looking man with a wand in his hand. He stared at the scene before him, and said, "Sirius Black is not on this train. You may leave now." The effect on the Dementors was immediate, and they slowly left the room. CJ, who was still standing though trembling all over, sighed. The man said, "Take some chocolate and you'll recover quickly. Next time though, don't anger the Dementors." and left. CJ nodded, and fell over, fully unconscious, leaving Ellie alone to take care of each person.

The twins came to a while later, and the lights were back on, and the train was moving again. Iliana was the first one up and the first thing she noticed was that she felt cold and weak. She pushed herself to a sitting positon and looked around, seeing that Ellie was pressed into a corner and CJ was sitting on the bench across from her and Henry, looking quite pale. She didn't even have to ask what had happened, she knew. Dementors had somehow appeared on the train and were attacking them.

The rest of the train ride was quiet and they didn't speak. Henry came to a while later and about twenty minutes after that, the train came to a stop at the station. The group of four left the train and found an empty carriage to ride to Hogwarts, which was pulled by the Thestrals. The twins stared at the Thestrals for a while, before looking at each other for a moment. They had seen them for as long as they could remember. Watching their mother die before they turned 11, and when their father killed that one Top Hat member who had tried to protect them from him.

Once they arrived at Hogwarts, the group split up at the Great Hall, with Ellie heading to the Ravenclaw table, Henry to the Gryffindor table and Iliana and CJ to the Slytherin table. As soon as Iliana sat down at the table, she felt someone nudge her arm and she turned to see that Daphne Greengrass was staring at her with a concerned look on her face. "Are you okay? I heard you fainted when the Dementors showed up on the train."

"I'm fine." She insisted, not willing to meet Daphne's eyes. "The encounter was just pretty intense." She looked over at CJ, who she could see was in a staring match with their Head of House. After a while of watching CJ, she nudged him with a frown. "What are you doing?"

Ellie had watched as each person had woken up, with CJ being the last. Ellie of course knew exactly what had just happened, and was quite glad that the professor had come by, because Ellie was sure that they wouldn't have been able to produce a Patronus even if they had known the incantation. They knew it had something to do with happiness, and the Dementors had sucked that out of Ellie without a problem. Even now after the Dementors had left, they still felt what seemed to be a crushing hand around their heart that filled Ellie with sadness and fear. Handing a piece of chocolate to each person, Ellie had sat in the corner, nibbling on the chocolate and feeling the warmth spread back through their toes and hands.

As the train pulled to a stop, CJ finally awoke, and shuddered. Immediately, Ellie got up and helped CJ up and towards the door, saying, "Take some chocolate. It'll help you feel better." CJ took the chocolate and slowly began to eat it, feeling the tears flowing down his face and making no effort to clear them from his eyes. Even through his blurry vision he could see the thestrals in front of him and he stumbled over to one and began to stroke it's skeletal neck. Ellie, not knowing of their existence, immediately grabbed CJ's arm and pulled him back and towards the carriage, which CJ willingly obliged to. At least the chocolate was helping, though CJ still could faintly hear the screams of his mother.

Arriving at the school, CJ and Ellie parted ways, with Ellie heading towards the Ravenclaw table to await the new arrivals and CJ to the Slytherin table with Iliana. CJ had finally stopped crying, but his face was still covered in the streaks left behind, which more than a few Slytherins made fun of him for. One even came up to him, a rather bullish headed child and said mockingly, "Hey, how badly did you want to see your mother?" CJ had growled at the boy and spun around, but Professor Snape had come down knowing that CJ would likely lose his temper. With his cold voice, he said, "Both of you sit down or I will put you two in detention for the next month cleaning the cauldrons." CJ nodded and sat down, while the other boy scoffed and walked away.

Although it had taken a second, CJ had almost as quickly remembered to ask Snape to talk to the twins, but he was already back up to the front of the room. Oh well. CJ would have to find another way to grab his attention.

Sitting down next to Iliana, he began looking up to the front of the room, trying to give undivided attention to Snape and only Snape, who quickly noticed and frowned. CJ pointed at Iliana, who was still facing away at the moment and pointed at his own face, leaving Snape more confused until Iliana turned back towards CJ and revealed the scar along her face. Snape had nodded, and there was an awkward moment of staring before Iliana asked what CJ was doing.

CJ had quickly turned back and said, "Sorry, what? O-oh. I w-was zoning off. Sorry. T-the Dementors are s-still affecting me, I th-think." He winced internally, knowing that she would probably see through such a poor lie. It may have been true, but lying felt awful to him still and it was often apparent across his face. And he definitely didn't want her to know. That would likely end in her hating him. And CJ definitely didn't want that to happen.

Iliana turned to glare at the Slytherins with a huff. "What did Professor Snape say to us all about House Unity?" She snapped at them. "We're supposed to be united, not be making fun of each other." The Slytherins who had been making fun of CJ looked a bit sheepish, but before Iliana was going to say anything else, Professor Snape came up and made them all sit down. All the Slytherins knew that they were supposed to show a united front and keep all of their squabblings to the common room, but it seemed that some of them forgot.

As CJ tried to make an excuse as to why he was staring at Professor Snape, she narrowed her eyes at him a bit. He was lying, but what he was trying to cover for, she wasn't sure. She tried to ignore it for now and turned back to the incoming group of first-years to see if she could find the new eleven-year-olds from the Top Hat Clan. She scanned over the group of the first years, looking for the few new Top Hat members that were being sorted, and she picked them out. Hana Di'Astarac, Leo Fairview, Jonah Callows, Annie Bow, Cassidy Li, and Felicity Alder. The three of them were looking around in wonder, though Hana seemed a bit nervous. The group caught Iliana's eye, and she just smiled at them, giving them a thumbs up.

She rested her hands on the edge of the table, watching as each of the students were called up to the hat. The first student called up was Felicity. The little redheaded girl climbed up on the stool and sat there nervously as the hat was placed on her head. There was a long silence throughout the hall before the hat called out, "HUFFLEPUFF!" The Hufflepuff table cheered as Felicity took the hat off and scurried on over to her House. There was some scattered clapping from the other Houses, too, including from Iliana and Henry, which all happened to be the kids that belonged to the Top Hat Clan, celebrating Felicity's placement.

Henry smiled a bit, clapping for Felicity along with the rest of the Top Hat Clan and the Hufflepuff table. He glanced over to the Slytherin table, where he saw his sister smiling widely as she clapped for Felicity. As the next student came up to the stool, he shifted to lean his chin on his hand. The student was a boy, who was "Barret, Percy." His sorting barely took any time at all; the hat was just lowered onto his head for a second before the hat called out, "GRYFFINDOR!"

CJ quickly stopped staring at Professor Snape after Iliana had caught him and quickly began to put it out of his mind, but could only think about the scar. It worried him, considering how scary it looked across her face. But he quickly put it out of his mind as the sorting began, though he didn't enjoy the ceremony. Not that he ever had. His first year, he had loathed the whole idea of being set in front of a crowd and having a hat tell him where he was best suited. He had immediately thought it was ridiculous, but didn't care.

He had known he wasn't the smartest, and he definitely wasn't 'Brave at heart', so the only options were really Slytherin or Hufflepuff. Which he was in, he didn't care. So when he had been put in Slytherin, there was no surprise, until he found out that both of his parents had been in Gryffindor. Then he felt like he was dishonoring his mother's name by being in the rival house. But even then, he still accepted where he was, because he had learned long before that complaining wouldn't get him anything but frustration and dislike.

Meanwhile, Ellie was having a great time. Already having put out the Dementor sighting of their memory, they were quite enjoying the ceremony with their fellow Ravenclaws. Each time that a new person joined the table, Ellie cheered with the rest in excitement. Soon, a new person came over and sat next to Ellie, and Ellie exclaimed, "Well hello! My name's Ellie, nice to meet you! Nice to meet you, Evan!" Evan Deidrick, who had just been sorted, said nervously, "How hard are the classes?" Ellie laughed and said, "You truly are a Ravenclaw. Not too, thankfully. You just have to do the work when it's given to you and you'll do fine."

Ellie continued to cheer for each new Ravenclaw until the last person, named Beatrice Yelemen, had been sorted into Hufflepuff. Then Ellie looked up towards the center table, waiting for Dumbledore to give the order for food. As soon as it was given, Ellie reached out and immediately reached for the first plate in front of him, watching in delight as it filled with food. CJ at the Slytherin table cautiously took a bite of a roll, then set it down on his plate. He still felt cold all over, even though the room was warm, and he knew that the dungeons where the Slytherins resided were going to be even colder than he felt right now.

Turning towards Iliana, he said, "So what extra courses are you taking this year? I'm planning on taking Care of Magical Creatures and Divination. I'm just hoping that Professor Kettleburn is alright. He doesn't seem to be up at the table." CJ had previously talked to Kettleburn the year before when he had the free time, and had come to like the eccentric old man. He was of course going to get a severe shock when he found out that the giant freak of a man named Hagrid had taken Kettleburn's place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back