• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug A Strange Issue

Syntra

Baba Yaga
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Okay, so I'm not sure if I can describe this properly because I am not well-versed in these things, but here we go:

I am a mobile user, and whenever I press backspace or enter on my mobile keyboard, it just sort of... makes the keyboard disappear and prevents me from typing further. I have to click on the posting space again to make the keyboard appear, and yeah, this can get somewhat disruptive if you're writing a longer post because typos obviously happen. I'm fairly sure it's something site-related causing this, because this doesn't happen to me anywhere else. Moreover, I figured out that if I click on the little cogwheel icon and trigger... I dunno what it's called, simple mode? The one where you have to type the tags in manually if you want italics and the like, basically. Well, if I do it, it doesn't happen anymore. Is there a way to fix this? I already tried deleting my cookies and the like and it didn't work.

Thank you :)

Edit: tried installing a Google keyboard. Interestingly, backspace works properly now, but enter still doesn't. The old issues were happening on a Samsung keyboard.

Last edited:
I see what you mean, after I turn on the Rich Text Editor (RTE - the gear icon).

I have not experienced this with the RTE off, if that helps.

We'll keep looking into this, but I suggest keeping the RTE off in general (it likes to be "helpful" and insert extra coding tags).

I've been experiencing similar issues on my device (LG G7 Thinq) where there's a disconnect between keyboard and typing and how it either freezes or disappears. I thought this was just an issue on my end, but as you have pointed out it only seems to occur with Rpn. My solution has always been to just exit my internet browser app (not close it) and return to it. It's worked for me for the most part. Although I cannot recall if drafts or writing are automatically saved if one leaves the internet browser app.
And I always have RTE editor off.

So, last time there were mobile keyboard issues xenForo users suggested installing and using something like google's keyboard* since there were issues with Samsung's default. If you guys want to give that a go as a temporary solution go for it. If even with that keyboard there are still issues let us know. The more we know the more info we can give to the xF devs.

Interesting, since the issues only happen for me when I have RTE off. Having it on fixes things.

And yeah, it is better with the google keyboard, however the enter key still acts up. It isn't as annoying as being yeeted out of the text editor every time I want to delete something, though, so I'll be using it for now :)

Also, it started today for me. Yesterday, everything was fine.

Switched over to Google Keyboard now. I will view over the activity of it when typing for Rpn. Will update if there's still any issues. So far it's pretty neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back