• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Starter Roleplay Search Thread

Ranix Aurus

Languishing in Progress
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings, I'm Ranix.

I wanted to try something new with recruitment, so here's what I'll do.
  1. I'll provide plot setting and starting post here.
  2. Choose which one interests you, then think of how you want to continue it. Think big. Surprise me. But keep everything logical.
  3. Create a new thread or send me a PM with the title of your choosing regarding any of these plot ideas, then continue the starting post immediately.
  4. If I found your continuation interesting, I'll reply in your thread / PM, and we will go from there.

A few things to know about me before starting:
  • I'm okay with romance, okay without romance, not okay with smut or romance-oriented development. If your character's entire life goal is to find a boyfriend/girlfriend or satisfy certain kinks, you'll be in for disappointment.
  • In regards for romance, you'll find me mostly okay with anything.
  • Okay with dark themes as long as it's relevant to the plot.
  • The faster you reply, the easier you keep me interested. If you reply once a week, I most likely will forget you after a few posts.
  • Develop the plot. I tend to shot out various ideas during the roleplay, but you don't need to follow me all the time. Let the world grow organically. Nothing is set in stone until one of us write it in the replies, so go ahead and create some grand hidden plot for your characters. I'm very adaptable to unexpected changes. I hope you'll do the same.
  • I thought of plot twists a lot, so prepare for it.

Now, the demented delusions of a minted human ideas.

In a fractured universe besets with warring interstellar empires, a conspiracy brewed to use a mysterious prisoner hidden deep within a treacherous prison planet to tip the fragile balance.

The Penal Colony Niflheim, at the planet HVB-8 of the Hel-Valgore-Beryl system.

The colony hosted an infernal mining operation digging deep into the icy core of the dead world, supplying precious resources to fuel the war machines of the Empire. Millions of incarcerated prisoners, guilty or not, labored until their life perished, extinguished like a candle in the middle of the storm. The dead were thrown into the pitch-black surface, flung about by the whirling pressure that suffocate the planet on daily basis.

It was within this hellhole that a prisoner was held in the deepest reach of the colony, known to no one but the highest ranked officials of the Empire.

Rumors abound of the prisoner's identity. One said that it was a monster that had destroyed an entire planet. Another said that it was a renowned general of immeasurable influence of the old era, shackled down and thrown to the abyss after the new Empire rose from the ashes.

It was on that day that an envoy of the Empire arrived at the colony, evoking the right to see the prisoner for reasons known to no one. Those in the knows cowered in their cells as the warden and his heavily-armed guards passed along with the envoy in tow, heading to the farthest reach of the colony.

In the far eastern land of Izumo, where the clouds gather, there was a legend of the 9 Exalted Blades. It was said that anyone who managed to gather them all would be granted the power to rule everything under the heaven.

The bandit leader had a headache.

Their small band of merrymaking rogues had just finished 'kindly asking for' money from a random passerby, but said passerby actually didn't have much to take from.

More precisely, said passerby looked like he was in his death bed.

Rather than fighting them, the stranger had practically shoved his lightweighted pouch to the bandits, as well as the weird-looking katana hanging on his waist.

"It's your problem now," the stranger whispered as he drifted off to the court of King Yama.

"Boss, what about that sword?"

One of the bandit broke the leader's recollection. Carefully, the blade was slid out from the worn-out sheath.

Dirty steel, cracked and rusting on numerous spots. It seemed that even if it was sold as junk, it wouldn't fetch much.

"...The hell..."

What a waste of time. Nevermind, it would be better to find another target.

In a futuristic world where humanity had perished after a disastrous nuclear war, the leftover was handled by artificial intelligence. Centuries passed as the robots performed their duty to clean up the planet, for a master that would never return.

(Potential idea: play as a human, who can take control of robots because of their genetic. Play as an enforcer, robot who hunts other robots that had gone 'insane' after years of unupdated programming. Play as a robot who had suddenly developed consciousness, questioning their reason of existence... and any other idea that you have in your mind.)

Gerbera blunked their metallic eyes, scanning the nuclear wasteland for signs of radioactive leftover. The machine had maintained the land for years now. Even when their colleagues had broken down, they kept on, moving the dirt, processing the spoiled wastes, recycling the radiated water, one step at a time.

Before they knew it, the land had slowly regained its vigor. Color had returned to the dirt layer, moss beginning to cover the once infertile soil. It might take them centuries until they finished their program, but they would keep on it. Keep on it until this steel body collapsed.

Even if they know not the reason for their programming, they toiled on without fail, scavenging remains of their fallen companions to replace their own parts, creating his current form of a mechanical patchwork of an older-era humanoid model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back