• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A Star Wars Story

I have this idea for a pair of Force Adepts, a Zeison Sha and Matukai duo, who want to expand their abilities beyond the teachings of their order. What I need is the Zeison Sha partner.
tumblr_mordb0krbB1srare8o1_r1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I think a simple dice system might be beneficial, especially if this RP has a focus on PvP. It would create balance, so that no one can powerplay unless they they had exceptional luck (not that I believe any of us would godmode). The random chance element can also throw in wildcards during a fight so even a smuggler can defeat a Jedi or Sith.

That's not to say good writing isn't needed. Good writing should be used to justify the results of the roll, cause a crappy one-liner definitely can't explain how a smuggler lands a hit on a Jedi.

This is just an idea to throw out there, so if anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I think a simple dice system might be beneficial, especially if this RP has a focus on PvP. It would create balance, so that no one can powerplay unless they they had exceptional luck (not that I believe any of us would godmode). The random chance element can also throw in wildcards during a fight so even a smuggler can defeat a Jedi or Sith.

That's not to say good writing isn't needed. Good writing should be used to justify the results of the roll, cause a crappy one-liner definitely can't explain how a smuggler lands a hit on a Jedi.

This is just an idea to throw out there, so if anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.
I'm certainly not adverse to a simple dice system. I'm a bonafide TTRPG nerd, dice is usually all I do.

The issue with dice is that sometimes the wildcard breaks the sense of realism. A Jedi who's 100% prepared for a fight with a Sith Lord and is as concentrated as can be can easily roll a 1 and trip on a rock and immediately lose. We could roll a die to see who would win a fight, or maybe you can just debate with someone who would win in a fight so long as the conversation remains tame.

While there's an argument to be made for dice, I honestly don't care either way. Whatever the GM decides, I'll be fine with.

The issue with dice is that sometimes the wildcard breaks the sense of realism. A Jedi who's 100% prepared for a fight with a Sith Lord and is as concentrated as can be can easily roll a 1 and trip on a rock and immediately lose. We could roll a die to see who would win a fight, or maybe you can just debate with someone who would win in a fight so long as the conversation remains tame.

I was thinking it would take a bit more than just one bad roll to make you lose. A series of rolls and a rather basic life counter. Of course, if needed, we can have the GM add in dice modifiers to account for preparedness and such.

This is all up for debate tho and I'm not opposed to civil discussion, so long as everyone can reasonable.

The reason Im not incoporating dice, Pizza, is because I believe people are fully capable of handling a In-RP fight without them. It all boils down to honesty. I know nobody likes to lose. But we all know what are characters are capable of.

If that fails, then thats why I act as a mediator. Im unbiased and indifferent when it comes to battles as I am a battle fanatic myself. And I know its a bold claim but Im not afraid of killing off my own characters if I know I would lose.

Croaker, Tentacion, and Longhead are witnesses to that very fact in other RPs ive GMed.

Now, this isnt to say that i wont use them at all. For ex, I believe I will use dice when it comes to space battles because THOSE are harder to predict how it will go. But when it comes to intrapersonal engagements, I believe honest and intelligent RP is the better way to go.

I may be wrong on this but its how I wanna approach this

Longhead Longhead Croaker Croaker QizPizza QizPizza SpaceDandy SpaceDandy

Ok,

Sounds like a plan, Ill try to have a character up soon. I didn't mean to have us pop down the dice rabbit hole. I thought the fighting system would be more like what is currently in place. Also are we apposed to cybernetic enhancements?

Ok,

Sounds like a plan, Ill try to have a character up soon. I didn't mean to have us pop down the dice rabbit hole. I thought the fighting system would be more like what is currently in place. Also are we apposed to cybernetic enhancements?
Nah go ahead

Cool,

I'm going to be doing a bit of research and character development so you might not see the character sheet up for a few days. I am about to head back to work on the night shift in a few. Do you have an eta on when you plan on starting up the story? Also I did want to say I look forward to writing with all of you it should be alot of fun.

Cool,

I'm going to be doing a bit of research and character development so you might not see the character sheet up for a few days. I am about to head back to work on the night shift in a few. Do you have an eta on when you plan on starting up the story? Also I did want to say I look forward to writing with all of you it should be alot of fun.
Soon tho I dont have an exact day

Also is it cool If I make a history/bio? I don't have to be an influential character but It helps me get into the character if I have a good back story especially if it helps my combat skill!

Also is it cool If I make a history/bio? I don't have to be an influential character but It helps me get into the character if I have a good back story especially if it helps my combat skill!
If you want lmao. Im saying its not necessary for the normal characters

Longhead Longhead

Plz change the font color on your CS. Black doesn't stand out from a dark red background very well. Maybe use a lighter red or use white font for the sake of our eyes?

So to ensure I have the right time period this takes place After the Great Hyperspace War and before the Galactic War with the Sith Empire (Basically the Space Civil War) Sorry still doing character development.

So to ensure I have the right time period this takes place After the Great Hyperspace War and before the Galactic War with the Sith Empire (Basically the Space Civil War) Sorry still doing character development.
Yes but you dont have to worry excessively about the timeline m8. Its still a custom story BASED on that era

Users who are viewing this thread

Back