• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A Star Wars Story - The Sith out of Time

GenericAlias

Confused
Deep underneath Chandrila... the force stirs.

That is hardly a surprise - the force has always been strong on that verdant world. Chandrila, after all, has always been a place of peace. Its people are haughty, yet kind. Headstrong, yet wise. It is a world of agrarian idyll, of temperate climes, of coexistence, sparkling ecosystems, and so much more besides. And it is a place unlike any other in the galaxy - at once insular and cosmopolitan. Ferociously protective of its small microcosmic existence, yet crusadingly idealistic in spreading its utopia to others.

Small wonder then, that this is the world that produced one of the Jedi Order's greatest heroes. Smaller wonder still that it would bear her body back to its final resting place. Small wonder that the Force should flow so strongly, and with such an affiliation to the light. For though her tomb is not visible above ground, its presence echoes throughout this world. A font of light, forever shining, even in the galaxy's darkest times.

Yet... the force stirs. And not in the way it always has, with its soft breeze of light. Pouring forth as it always has, in a soft font that blankets all the planet.

Something else stirs. Something... stranger. Darker. More raw, and more confusing. Filled with darkness, blackness, with hatred and rage. Subdued, soft... but there. A pulsating core. A splintered, fragmentary spiral. A sickening trickle, mixed in with the gentle flow of light.

The Dark Side
stirs. For this great Jedi... is not alone.

For deep under the crust of Chandrila, with the tomb of a great woman, sealed away behind a false wall, kept hidden and silent for over three thousand years... rests another giant of galactic history. Forgotten. Lost to time. Her name now only a whisper, and a half-forgotten one at that. Where she is remembered, it is in fragments, without tales to her name that could match the heroism of her contemporaries. Yet in her day... she shook the world just as they did.

And now... she is stirring. The inscrutable currents of the force calling the galaxy's attention to her once again. The force stirs. It calls. A tendril of the Dark Side, too potent to possibly ignore. It is calling. Calling to any who might listen.

Who will answer?

Details:

So... I have a Star Wars concept I'd like to play with a bit. Consider... the following. A woman from the time period of the Old Republic has been kept in stasis for well over three thousand years. She is found by a force sensitive in the tomb of one of her oldest and dearest friends - a powerful Jedi who kept her stasis chamber safe for undisclosed reasons. And now, she finds herself in a world she cannot comprehend - transported to the world of whatever time period you'd like, whether the Prequel era, the Clone Wars, the era of the Empire, the Galactic Civil War, or even the time of the New Republic!

The kicker? Well... if you've read the title, then you already know the kicker. She's a Sith.

And for that matter, she's an extremely unconventional Sith. The kind that make other Sith want to kill her on sight. The kind who's more comfortable around Jedi than she is around others of her ilk. The kind who would make the perfect foil, or complement, or simply companion for a force user trying to figure out why one of the greatest fonts of the Light Side in the galaxy is suddenly throwing out Dark Side energies.

Look, I really just want to play my SWTOR OC stumbling into an extraordinarily unfamiliar environment, okay? And I think that a compelling story could come of this! A Sith unfamiliar with the rule of two, completely confused by the Clone Wars, actually aiding Jedi survivors in the post-war purge, or simply coming alive as a shattered galaxy tries to rebuild, and seeking to find her footing, and help others find their feet in the process... tell me that doesn't sound like good drama!

If any of this catches your interest, please feel free to shoot me through a message! I'm happy to RP either on discord, or using google docs, depending on what you feel most comfortable with. I don't have a strictly defined schedule, although I tend to try and produce at least one reply a day. Communication is also key for me, and I love to discuss lore, character dynamics, and story tidbits, so please don't hesitate to message me!

For your character, my top-tier preference would be for some sort of Jedi - I have always been a fan of the Jedi/Sith dynamic, redemption arcs, and unlikely friendships - but I'd be willing to accept all kinds of force sensitives! Maybe your character is an Inquisitor, or some dark cultist, looking to defile the tomb or hunt down a Jedi sheltering in it, and accidentally wakes my Sith up? There are endless possibilities for how something like this could play out, and I'd love to brainstorm them all.

In terms of writing requirements, I would prefer a partner with some descriptive skill. I tend to write between 4-5 paragraphs, though depending on the pace of the RP, personal preference, and similar factors, this number can go up or down. I don't have any strict limits in terms of post length, but I would prefer at least 3-5 lines a response. But I don't want to place any expectations on matching my post length - I can become a little long-winded, or a little over-descriptive, and I don't want to pressure anyone!

And that's the last of my spiel! If you've read all this, and you're still interested, then feel free to shoot me through a message so we can discuss more! Come to me with ideas, characters, maybe even just a rough roadmap, and we can see what sticks! And whether you found this prompt interesting or not, I hope you have a good day, and that you all find the chats and rps you're looking for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back