• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

giphy.gif

I call forth those middle aged role players hiding in the dark corners of RPN longing for an age appropriate role play that identifies with middle aged woes.

I'm seeking a group of mature role players specifically 28+. I know there are those who have aged into the RPN system out there. I see ya. I'm gonna getcha.

I wont exclude you if you are younger. My age range is not content based its....okay..it is content based... but you know where im going. Im looking for humans who can relate to the narritive. Aging parents, sandwhich gen, buying a house and so on.

I'm seeking a group who is both dedicated and patient with each other. An advanced experience with role playing is expected. (10+ years)

I'm seeking players who are roughly available to post once or twice a month. However, an ample amount of content. Perhaps even something bordering a chapter. ( 3 pages min)

I am seeking yee old role players who navigated a story without quick chat or ooc. Doesn't mean we wont have them but they likely wont be very active nor used for plotting. Merely simple communication. Come on now I can be fun and hip. This is retro right?

I find this style does work really well at keeping a story going for a long period of time. There is a method to my madness.

I await your response patiently.

Added: Story line and BBC is currently being worked on. Pre group questionnaire is also being made. It will pair with character sheets. ;)

Goal for opening between June 15 - August 15. I will be recruiting a while .

Last edited:
Things im oddly craving
Star Wars
Space Cult
Something involving AI
A deeply historical fantasy with vampires and zombies. Something with a Raccoon City vibe
Stranger Things
Throw a role play genre popular from the mid thousands and you have me intrigued

Last edited:
Late thirties gal here...
I'm usually on the lookout for Star Wars RPs that aren't set in the Clone Wars, OG trilogy, or New Order eras, if that's something you'd consider running. Like (before the Treaty of Coruscant) Old Republic (or older) is where my interest is at.

Last edited:
Interested!

I'm also a huge Star Wars fan, so that would be perfect for me. But if you're looking for different options, I also enjoy a good small-town mystery.

If I did do star wars. It would likely be something our group could work with thats not tied to original cast. But something relatible to the over all frame.

Im pretty ok familiar with the lore but I certainly need to brush up so it fulfills the fan base . I love the off world like side adventures of characters never hugely involved with the starwalker plot but still make an impact to the over all lore. Am I making sense. Maybe not lol 😆 But Im a sucker for those kinds of stories. Like I grew up on Ewok adventures so its got nostalgia vibes for me

There is a huge star wars universe.

Last edited:
What im thinking is a planet outside of the scope of the force battle. Perhaps something far pre dating the starwalker generation but still can utilize the lore

Would the republic still exist or the ancient jedi order? I am not quite sure about that far back in the Star Wars mythos.

I would't mind having an off brand story. Maybe I could be a bounty hunter or a jedi padawan who is sick of his life.

Thanks, I just am basing it off of Luke who wanted adventure and found it. Of course he was important but he could have said fuck you Obi Wand and called stormtroopers on him.

That's the blessing of having such a large and diverse galaxy to explore – you can completely isolate yourself from the main Skywalker Saga and still tell an amazing story.

With that said, I'm totally on board with using an outlying system/planet as the setting. I had a bureaucratic character in mind who could possibly be involved in the local political scene. But of course, that all depends on the dynamic of the group! 😊

I think that I want to do a neutral character who is a mandorlarian bounty hunter. Also he would hate the jedi with a passion but would work with them. He would be the grumpy dad of the group I am hoping, Or I could do a Jedi padawan who is full of energy and lost from his master,

Last edited:
I have a Mando bounty hunter.... created her about a decade ago (and eventually updated her with SWtOR aesthetics) . But I'm loath to play her now because EVERYone plays mando bounty hunters ever since the series came out. Currently, I'm revamping her starship. I used to have one listed, but recently deleted in and am searching for something more accurate.

Alternatively I also have a Twi'lek pirate that works for the Hutt Cartel....

But both of these characters are OR era and timeline sensitive

I could make a new character, of course. I'm just very partial to the older eras that preceded any of the movies/series by thousands of years.

Now, an RP where we could take the role of Taung Mandalorians Crusaders. THAT would be awesome. Totally antagonistic race of badass conquerers. Way before they started adopting other races into their religion.

But... as a mere interested party, I know this is likely asking too much. haha

Last edited:
Seems like a good group, hopefully no one has Ackerman syndrome with their character and make them so tough and able to handle anything. I mean of course your character gotta have some skills to survive but I hate characters who just are there to be better than everyone else.

Seems like a good group, hopefully no one has Ackerman syndrome with their character and make them so tough and able to handle anything. I mean of course your character gotta have some skills to survive but I hate characters who just are there to be better than everyone else.
we call that a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. Age-old Rp term

That's the blessing of having such a large and diverse galaxy to explore – you can completely isolate yourself from the main Skywalker Saga and still tell an amazing story.

With that said, I'm totally on board with using an outlying system/planet as the setting. I had a bureaucratic character in mind who could possibly be involved in the local political scene. But of course, that all depends on the dynamic of the group! 😊
Oh I absolutely love this response and its the closest I have to an answer. I am so happy for a fan base but also know that means I need to be accurate. I can't be that all the time so something in the flexible limbo area is preferable. A story that is malleable is ideal. I love the diverse and system planet setting because it leaves more open. Although one hundred percent I'm going to brush up on my star wars lore. Get a good feeling for it. Likely have a outline up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back