Journal A Spark of Positivity

Melpomene

Writer of Tragedy|Art by ROYTHEART|
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Alright.

So I decided to help myself, I am going to make a journal that will be read by no one about some of the positive things that have been happening in my life.

I'm about to graduate, woo! And though it seems college is going to be very hard to pay for (Americans just have... An unreasonably high price to pay for college education) but I am going and that is all that matters. I was told life will be a lot more fun there.

A few months ago I got out of an extremely toxic relationship, one which I'm glad that I myself realized was so toxic and I stopped letting them run over me and pretty much leave me in the dirt when they realized I wasn't going to give them everything they wanted. I think they are learning, though. At least I hope they are because I want them to do better.

Finally, I am going on my first ever date today, so that is very exciting. I guess one could say that I am delving into the adult world fully now haha.

I know no one will read it, but it feels good to put this out there and talk about all the good stuff that is happening in spite of the bad.

((I am sorry if you didn't want comments here, I just wanted to say that I think it is great about the positive things happening with you. It sounds like you've had some obstacles to overcome however you are on the path forward. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation and good luck with college, also, have fun on your date.))

I went to the Asian Festival in my city today and I had a great time. The food was delicious, and the dancing was beautiful to watch. I ran into so many old friends and got into a copy of an anime sword fight with my broken Japanese and all :)

Unfortunately there is currently a storm going and I worry a Tornado might sweep through here. If I am unresponsive in the future, that is probably why, just a heads up that I will document here.

I went to the Asian Festival in my city today and I had a great time. The food was delicious, and the dancing was beautiful to watch. I ran into so many old friends and got into a copy of an anime sword fight with my broken Japanese and all :)
Sounds really fun! Glad to hear ya enjoying ya'reself! XD

Unfortunately there is currently a storm going and I worry a Tornado might sweep through here. If I am unresponsive in the future, that is probably why, just a heads up that I will document here.
Best of luck out there, stay safe!

I am back my friends.

Good things that happened in life recently:

Ya girl has a boyfriend now. She is hitched, well... No def not yet haha. But she is cuffed. Not a long relationship yet, but I like him and he is nice ^_^ I don't think he will be breaking my heart anytime soon and that is all I can ask for.

Also! My Diversity professor told me he loved my writing and thought it was unique and told me I should think of pursuing a career in writing and I was just like... felt so complimented? Like, I always love being complimented on my writing, especially when it is called beautiful because I love the art form so much (as many of my partners likely know.... and I know many, ex-partners and partners alike hate me for) Sorry to anyone having to deal with that side of me having to read this xD

I guess I am a little frightened I'll end up in Bo Burnham's "Art is Dead" mindset, but I am just hoping I can build a career now x) and little things like that give me hope and make me think I am actually good and not faking it.

I have suffered from Imposter's Syndrome for a while, in truth. I always have had this belief that I was never good enough to be where I am now and I have to keep up a ruse to make people keep on believing I belong where I am. I guess small compliments like that always help me leave that mindset and make me feel like I actually belong.

It can be tough because I find it harder to find the people who enjoy critiquing literature without being pretentious. I don't know, maybe I am pretentious haha.

This has turned into a ramble, anyways, that was my thoughts.

I haven't done a writing essay in like a year.

Wtf me? I am going to make one right now. Stay on a look out for Writing Thoughts! Subverting Expectations xP

I have returned to this thread yo.

I managed to get through the first semester of college and it was tiring but I feel great (but damn am I tired of every order I take at work being "my pleasure!"). I am sure quite a few of you can guess where I work by that haha. I have also started getting into art! I won't be posting anything because, damn, I am bad right now, but practice helps and I have always wanted to draw my own characters.

My friends have been very supportive and it feels so good to feel that type of love, let me say.

I got some things off my chest as well, talked to some people that hurt me in the past. Some tears were shed, but what are ya gonna do? You can only go so far through life without confronting what happened in the past. I certainly can't forget mine. And I admit it changed my life. I have always been an anxious person, but being terrified to step outside was new to me and I guess looking back I have improved greatly in these 3 months.

Honestly, I am most happy that my muse seems to be coming back and I have been writing more. Though something about this site causes my anxiety to spike, I am not going to lie haha. Though I cannot put my finger on what it is, because it is no particular person or thing like I thought before. It is kind of hard because writing and RPing put me at ease but when the main site you work with causes you anxiety, things get iffy but you know just gotta deal.

I am thinking of playing Senua's Sacrifice pretty soon for a video game, but other than that, nothing much else going on in my life. Thanks for listening, it is nice to get some things off my chest and it makes me feel better.

Alright dudes and dudettes

I have a very special announcement today.

At long last I have finally finished writing my book!!!

It still needs to go through edits, but through the help of music and this gal Asteria Asteria I was able to make it all the way to the end. It really is a time to be alive ^_^ Wish me luck when it comes to publishing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back