• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy π€ π’πŽππ† πŽπ… πˆπ‚π„ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π…πˆπ‘π„ - 𝘒𝘡𝘒𝘹π˜ͺ𝘒 | a game of thrones/asoiaf rp

OOC
Here
Lore
Here

Elon Lannister

MOOD: embarrassed, contemplative
MENTIONS: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Of course, leave it up to Bethany to ruin a family reunion with talk of sex and whores. Against his will, he felt the tips of his ears flush scarlet at her comments regarding his...lack of certain activities. Elon had never disclosed any details regarding who he shared a bed with, especially since it had never even happened. He wasn't sure if it was due to some lingering feelings about his ex-betrothed or a rather long and somewhat gross conversation he had with his father when he was but a child. Lord Lannister had sat the boy down in his chambers and went off on a tangent about Elon needing to "save his seed" and "ignore urges" until he had settled down with a wife. "You don't want whores running around with babes of yours, it gives you a bad image and they will try to make room for themselves in your very home, all on the basis that they decided to carry the little brat instead of drinking one of the draughts. Make sure the house stays pure, boy." He then changed the conversation into one that basically compared women to cattle and what the traits you needed to look out for if you did want to...settle down. Beauty was on the very top of the list which made a lot of sense―their mother was as beautiful as she was stupid. Thankfully Elon and Tacticus had more of their father in them.
As Elon grew up and learned that his own sister was one of these so called bastards, the entire conversation with his father seemed quite hypocritical. Perhaps he was trying to give him a warning based on prior expeience, or just giving Elon a talk he wished Bethany and Tacticus had received earlier. Whatever the case, that horrible discussion had never strayed from the young man's mind. Even when he was in his teenage years he had only kissed a few girls here and there. The marriage to the Targaryen girl had always been looming overhead, but when that had been dashed to pieces the man realized he'd have to play the waiting game much longer. And now here he was, 21 and untouched like some homely peasant girl. It was extremely embarrassing, and he was to be wed soon as well and had a sister who would mock him to death if she ever found out. Beautiful. Elon led her to the bay as he prepared to tell her about the raven, who's message he kept in his pocket and felt like it was burning a hole through.

"I'm a busy man, Bethany. We don't all get to sip wine in a carriage and watch the scenery from the window. Father wouldn't want me distracted from some whore in the street of silk or serving girl. Especially since he wants me wed. Seems I don't have time at all." Elon had wondered if his father had divulged the marriage to Bethany, but he shouldn't have even bothered. Bethany was a woman and didn't need to know such things, at least according to Lord Lannister.

"She's the eldest daughter of the Stark House. Ashlyn is her name. I can't even recall her face, Starks don't like coming down South as you know. I don't know how to feel about it, and you're the first I've spoken to regarding the matter. I hope you realize if father is arranging marriages for me, he's setting eyes towards you as well. You were lucky having your fun for this long, but it's coming to an end. That is, unless you show your suitors how abhorrent you can be." Elon said the last sentence in a teasing manner, but there was truth to it. Bethany Lannister was as fiery as her hair and wouldn't go down without a fight. A part of him longed for his sister to find peace in her place as a lady of the house and even joy, but then again, being thought of as nothing but a pretty face and being forced into a certain role without any say in the matter must be tiring. Not only that, but he had noticed Bethany's tastes in the same sex, something that would bode ill with not only their father but the whole kingdom. He didn't know anything about that, but it was a part of her and most likely would not be sated with marriage to a man. Ah, it was all so confusing. Elon sat on the dock, his boots hovering over the water below. The salty wind that blew in his face was a nice change from the smell of Kings Landing, and Elon soaked it in. He patted the spot next to him, urging his sister to sit as well.

code by low fidelity.

"Spots"
Interactions - ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Bethany Lannister slim slim Elon Lannister
Mentions - VisiblyInvisible VisiblyInvisible Conor Baratheon

1636954124864.png
There was something ominous oozing throughout King's Landing. It was a piercing might that penetrated down to bone, and shivered down the spine like bugs underneath the skin. It was the kind of feeling that sprung Crows from their perch at the plight of bloody murder, or scurried mice into burrows before rain. Spots had spent his time lifting the city's stones, looking for oodles of information to sate his doom-filled premonition. He was good at it, built for it like a Lion for hunting. His lethal scarring camouflaged him well amongst the common-folk, shielding his supple, well-fed cheeks and regal posture. They looked at him like another pitiful mummer, burdened by disease and left living the life of a vagrant, yet in juxtaposition of them he spun words like a troubadour.

It was not unusual to find those burdened with the freight of disease in King's Landing. The malnourished dug at the scraps, and those bedeviled by plague were spewing their insides and grinding their nails into puss-filled crevices. In Spots' case, this melancholy badge he wore earned him an ally near the docs. The man was a senior Pentoshi merchant with pinchable cheeks, and the hips of a pregnant mare. His hair was tipped white, with bushy grey underneath, and cold, sullen brown eyes. He had a peculiar beard that covered only the right side of his face, yet inching down towards his chest. His golden robe had indicated status, but most of his men dare not peek. Much like Spots, the man had grotesque, even more harrowing scarring covering the left side of his face. It was different than what the young lad beholden, it was smeared, like a fleshy blanket that warmed his face. The pair spoke in understanding, not verbal or direct, but in mutual sympathy for condition.

"You're wondering if I saw anyone suspicious board for Essos again, aren't you my Spotted friend?" the Pentoshi asked.

"That's correct. Any out of the ordinary stowaway?" Spots replied.

"Looking for white hair?" the old man said with an egging laugh, pointing to his very own, snowy, albeit lusterless locks.

Of course, the elder saw through everything, a merchant had to always understand his customer's goal. He pulled out a rolled-up poster from his robe, handing it to the probing boy. It was the bounty poster for the Targaryens, torn at the end as if someone hastily tore it from its original place. It took back the normally stoic, enigmatic boy, revealing colors of surprise. Yet, whereas one might peer into the opportunity or concern, the poster represented something else to Spots.

"What's the word on the street about this?"

"Can't say much, one of my workers was babbling about it, so I had it confiscated. Yet, if you want this old Pentoshi's opinion, most people think they have been wiped out, but this kind of money is not nothing to you Westorosi."

Spots went silent to allow his mind to wander. This confirmed that there were Targaryens alive, or at the very least their bodies had yet to be discovered. Such was rational, but Spots had been always adamant the dragon would not be struck down so easily. Of course, what could not be glossed over was the bounty. Few houses could cough so much up, and even more-so, it was a heavy fee, considering the belief of the exterminated Dragon. It was not unusual for a house to have a personal vendetta against the Targareyans, and of the major houses, he could only truly omit Stark from his list of suspicions. They just were not the type to assassinate. It would be none of the vassals, there were a spell of stories about the Mad King that would make any yellow bellied house frugal. Even his father, the conniving, and lecherous bastard would not dare trespass onto the Dragon's claws, even if it meant a Targaryen's bosom could be his very own. Even the cowardly Reed's would not resort to such a pathetic action. This did not do much to shorten the list. He could not realistically exclude the Tyrells, Tullys or even, Spots deduced hesitantly, the Lannisters. As if to slide the thoughts into a deep, and masked place, Spots put the poster into his pocket. His lips had warped into one that was no longer relieved, but utterly terrified. Yet, the irony of it all was hiding in the Lion's den was the safest place for him.

"Pentoshi, may I keep this?" Spots inquired.

"I was going to bring it back to Essos on my next voyage, but for you my spotted friend? Consider it a gift," the elder said with a smile.

As the old man answered his question, an incoming Raven perched onto the shoulder of the Pentoshi. He read graceless, squinting the extent of his pupils, and holding it up to his face as if he were feeding himself the information. The old man simply scoffed at the paper, crumpling it up into a tight ball to toss into the Blackwater Rush.

"Utter nonsense, one of my fishing boats is stranded because of a fleet!" What a miserable time for business here in Westeros," the Pentoshi man sparked with disapproval.

There was a lump in Spots' throat as he spoke, "Did the letter contain any information about the boats?"

The old man raised his brow at the boy, "Nothing," yet, there was a facetiousness to his words, as he chuckled, "Other than they were flying the symbol of a Stag."

»»————-γ€€γ€€β€”β€”β€”β€”-««​
map.jpg
Spots was lucky he was on the outskirts of town in the fish market, for as he mounted his horse, he had plenty of room to weave through everyone. There was a look of panic on his face, sweat beading down as he nudged his horse through the crowd. The Kingless King's Landing had been too peaceful for far too long and that could very quickly change. If a raven was able to make it, the ships would just be beyond the horizon, raring to attack at any moment. He surely did not come to King's Landing just to die here.

As the stone outskirts of King's Landing turned to sand, he could vaguely see two figures sit on the Red Keep's beaches. It was surely not the guards, but as his horse galloped forwards, he was grateful it was the very man he was hoping to run into.

Spots stopped a health distance as to not scatter sand into his Lord's face. He was quick to dismount, even running his way into talking distance.

"Sir Elon, Lady Bethany!" he called, almost forgetting to catch his breath, completely omitting the formality. "You must prepare the coast, the Bartheon's are entering Blackwater Bay."

• how he's feeling...

still quite nervous, but feigning confidence as best he can.

Lucaerys

of House Velaryon

Lucaerys squinted as the head of House Stark put forth the squat young man, no older than he was, and the giant to stand guard for Princess Elaera. His own men were more than capable of doing so, why would she need them? By the Seven, Lucy himself would cross through hell and high water to keep that girl safe. The Starks didn’t share that same loyalty, not to him and not to the Targaryens.

He wanted to speak up, to say that his men were skilled combatants and would make quick work of any would-be attackers. But he knew better. For now, he’d graciously thank the Starks for the thought, and make plans to station his best men outside of Elaera’s room. If not to watch her, then to keep an eye on the Starks and their people.

Although, the Starks weren’t known for being conniving or deceitful. And, while he didn’t trust them quite yet, it eased his nerves knowing they wouldn’t scheme against him or plot to kill Elaera. Lucy didn’t know a lot about the North or its people, but he did know that honor was important to them. Honor and the Old Gods.

And, he supposed, if Lord Stark would vouch for these men, then they must be of some quality.

Brushing his silvery hair from his face, Lucaerys smiled at Lord Stark’s comment,
β€œI understand, Lord Stark. You’re a gracious man, truly.”

During the few hours before their feast, Lucaerys changed out of his armor and into the finest clothes he had with him, a suit of wool and silk in the faded colors of his House with a patchwork of newly-sewn furs. Before he could properly settle into the room given to him, his advisors barged through the door and β€œprepared” him for that night’s feast.

He was able to escape his responsibilities after a short while, however, and found himself wandering through Winterfell, partly hoping he would stumble across Elaera. Lucy was eager to speak to his old friend again, even more so after such a long journey. She felt like home to him, now. Until he made it back to Driftmark, she was all the home he had. Soon enough, Lucaerys was called to the Great Hall for the feast.

Lucy studied each of the Stark children, even the bastard girl, as they sat at the table. Lord Stark sat in the centermost seat, and it was clear that he was the head of House Stark and anyone else who found themselves in Winterfell. It was intimidating, but oddly inspiring as well. He listened intently as Lord Stark spoke, his voice echoing throughout the Great Hall.

β€œIf I might speak on the Princess’ behalf, my Lord,”
Lucaerys interposed, shifting to sit straighter in his wooden chair,
β€œWe’re familiar, of course, with your loyalties, Lord Stark. And we know that said loyalty lies with your House, and the North, first and foremost.”

Lucaerys broke eye contact with Lord Stark for a brief moment to glance at Elaera, who he was seated next to, then Ser Adarien before he found the Grey Wolf once more,
β€œWe have a proposition for you, my Lord.”
He began,
β€œAfter the Rebellion, and the death of our King, it’s become clear that the Seven Kingdoms need a ruler. There are many candidates, of course. King’s Landing is swimming with them, I’m sure of it, but they are not rulers, Lord Stark.”

Even as he spoke the words, Lucy could tell his pitch was beginning to tire the Northerners. They didn’t play political games, he realized. They were a blunt people.

Lucy let out a soft sigh,
β€œIt is my sworn duty to protect this woman,”
He gestured to Elaera,
β€œMy family died trying to keep the Targaryens on the throne. Now, it’s my responsibility to see that she returns to her rightful place in King’s Landing. But our allies have become few and far between.”

Anxiously, he scratched at his short beard,
β€œWe need your help.”

With much more confidence and purpose, he followed it with,
β€œYou’re no fool, Lord Stark. Even I know that much. So, you know that there’s no better ruler for Westeros than the woman sitting before you. Certainly not the Lannisters, or the Baratheons, or the Greyjoys.”
He paused for a moment. Now was the hard part, and he wasn’t sure if the Lord of House Stark was even still listening,
β€œWe need you to help us take back the Iron Throne. If you do, we promise the North its independence.”

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Ser Broki Vinteroks
Current Mood: Reporting for Duty!

Broki bowed his head low to listen to his lord's orders, and when Brandon instructed him and Rylen to watch over Elaera, he glanced to her, then back to Brandon. "Yes, sir." he said simply. Then, rising to his full height, he walked with the Reed over to Elaera. He felt pride in the amount of trust that Lord Stark put in him, and he wouldn't let his lord down. As Rylen greeted the Targaryen, Broki looked to Lucaerys, presumably to scope this newcomer out as well. He had spotted the subtle look he had given to Lord Brandon when he and Frog were assigned to protect Elaera, but it seemed more out of concern for her safety than any form of personal pride. "You've nothing to worry about." he reassured him quietly. He then turned back to Rylen and the princess he was conversing with, chuckling as he offered a tour, just like Trystan did.

For the next few hours, the giant accompanied the Starks and his comrade on the tour around the castle. Some of the spots they visited he remembered quite fondly, for he had a bit of history with the castle and it's residents even before the day he rose to knighthood. As they walked about the halls and rooms, Broki remained vigilant, but chiming in occasionally where he could. It kind of felt like the times of past, when he, Maerie, and Trystan were exploring the castle in search of a "legendary treasure", or when he and Frog patrolled the castle side by side.

During the feast that evening, Broki leaned against the wall, remaining sharp even after the long day's work and events. The feasting was going well, it seemed. Then, Lord Stark asked Elaera why she had chosen Winterfell of all places to take refuge in. The giant couldn't blame his lord for asking that. After all, southerners wouldn't usually find this place welcoming or comfortable. When Lucaerys answered in her stead, he raised an eyebrow, quietly listening in on the speech about his duty to protect Elaera and how the other houses were unfit to rule, and the promise that if the North helped put Elaera on the Iron Throne, they would be promised independence.

At this, Broki looked to Lord Stark curiously, to hear his response, as he gathered all the information he could remember from recent events into his head. Ashlyn Stark was heading to King's Landing to probably marry Elon Lannister, Elaera Targaryen, the Crown Princess, and supposed enemy of the Lannisters, Tyrells, and Baratheons, was now being harbored by House Stark, along with some members and knights of House Velaryon, and now, Lu was asking Brandon Stark to help his friend back onto the Iron Throne, fighting against three houses whom a week ago, he called allies, and one of which his daughter was being married into...

The Snow Bear pinched the bridge of his nose, head spinning a bit from all of that court intrigue and reminding himself why he didn't really care much for it.

Mentions:
Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
uwupolice uwupolice
VisiblyInvisible VisiblyInvisible

Last edited:
Ashlyn Stark
After soothing the cooks ruffled feathers and dealing with a whole host of problems that were a part of her daily life, she managed to escape for a few moments of peace. Now, standing on one of the battlements, she allowed the cold air to ruffle her hair and freshen her mind. She had never minded the cold, part of being a Stark, and often snatched a few minutes peace on the battlements or on the grounds of Winterfell. She often felt that she would go mad if not for these brief quiet moments, it was the time she used to calm her turbulent mind and emotions. Unwilling, or perhaps unable, to express her passionate nature she would bury it between a calm or witty demeanour and was an expert at appearing well or even happy. But doing this took a toll on her mental wellbeing, hence the frequent moments spent alone.

By alone, she meant away from other people and often spent these moments with her beloved horse Argent and direwolf Sable. The latter sat beside her like a black shadow and was so quiet that people often forgot he was there. When he wasn't roaming the grounds and the land around the castle he was by Ash's side following her everywhere. He was her faithful companion and closest friend. It didn't matter to Ash that he was an animal, all that mattered to her was his love and loyalty, unlike people, he would never betray her or lie to her, most of all he held no judgement towards her.

Looking down she saw Sir Broki leaving the stables and she smiled knowing that he had been caring for their horses in preparation for their pending departure and she made a mental note to thank him later. Seeing him reminded her that she had been out here longer than she had planned and needed to get ready for the feast. She performed one last check that everything was on schedule for the feast and that the steward and housekeeper had things under control. Once satisfied and with gentle shooing from the housekeeper she returned to her chambers and changed. She swapped her practical dress for a dark green woollen dress
medieval-clothes_dresses_where-to-get_03.jpg
that although simple emphasised her creamy skin and thick luxurious hair. Detailed and intricate embroidery and long flowing sleeves elevated it from a simple dress to a subtle elegant gown. She paired the dress with a silver chained black pendant and wore her hair loose so that it flowed around her face and down her back in waves. Satisfied that she looked appropriate for a feast she joined her family in the great hall.

A short time late she was seated on her fathers left and listening to the conversations around her, she teased Trystan and complimented her younger sister on her appearance but for the most part, kept her silence. After a suitable amount of time, or suitable to a northerner at least, her father bluntly asked their guests their purpose in coming to Winterfell. Ash hid her interest and eagerness in knowing the answer and calmly continued eating though she was listening to every word. Her stomach felt heavier with each word from their guests as if things were not difficult enough. She thought bitterly how once again House Stark was being pulled in opposing directions caught in power struggles that they wanted no part of. They were the wardens of the north and protected the south from the dangerous north and were content with that. Her father did not long for power nor covet the throne but he was still forced to choose who to support.

She looked at her father meaningfully, her eyes expressing her concern and need for caution, this was something that needed thinking on, especially considering her departure tomorrow. Would these guests still seek their support if they knew of their impending alliance with the Lannisters? The Lannisters were against the Targaryens after all.
She waited for Lucaerys to finish speaking before clearing her throat., she met their guest's eyes firmly not hiding the hint of challenge in their stormy grey depths. "You may wish to reconsider that request given that on the morrow I leave for King's Landing. If all goes well I am to marry Elon Lannister heir to House Lannister."
As was her wont she hid her feelings on the impending match betraying nothing but a wry amusement in the whole situation. After all, what were the chances of a Targaryan turning up on the doorstep the eve before she left to marry one of their fiercest enemies?

uwupolice uwupolice
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
WorldWeaver WorldWeaver

Last edited:
Bethany groaned when she heard Elon's excuses about not having a little fun. Of course, it was their father's influence over Elon the cause, the Lord Lannister was very protective and controlling of his only remaining son and heir, not surprising considering what happened to their older brother. The death of Tacitus was a blow to the entire family and maybe Lord Lannister most of all, not only had he lost the perfect son but he had to start from scratch in preparing an heir and Elon was the only one he had left. Understandable as it was, Elon did not have to suffer for it and did deserve some freedom from his influence. That was something Bethany could not agree with even with the truce the had managed to gain before this trip.

"Come on, Elon. You dont have time before you dont make the time, you are not just your father's son you know. You need to treat yourself sometime." She retorted. "Be your own man, not just a Lannister." She added before listening to his description of his bride to be. Of course, it is a Stark. Starks were there own particular brand of trouble, at least the other houses felt part of the general Westeros culture, but the Northerners always seemed to be a people of their own. Stubborn and proud, though not great political players, they were not to be underestimated as they were unpredictable. She scoffed and waived away Elons warning about her father intentions. "Your father have been trying to marry me off before you were born and am already marked as damaged good for all other families as a bastard and such..." She went to say dismissively, also she had already had a spoken to her father about that in any case, part of her condition on becoming spy master.

She went to say more before hearing someone call out to them and noted Spot approached. She did not recognize him at first, but the fact he was one of their squares was unmistakable. "Baratheon fleet?" She repeated almost disbelieving it at first. In her calculation, she had doubted anyone would show any show of force greater than the Lannister. Then again, she was not stubborn enough to truly believe she was never wrong. "What are you talking about. Talk sense squire!" She snapped at him. " Are we talking about an invasion?"

slim slim
Castello Castello

Change of plans. It seemed rather uneventful to attend such matters with mother. Aislynn swiftly and steadily made her way to King's Landing with assistance from her personal guard. Such privilege she was given as a "favorite" in the Lannister household. Of course, this visit would come as much of a surprise to her two siblings, Elon and Bethany, who awaited others to join them as she sailed. The meeting was sure to be underway at this point, so Aislynn's visit would most certainly be unexpected, to say the least.

Her golden locks of wavy hair tussled amongst the slight breeze the ocean air offered her along with the ride. The ocean was her safe place, her haven away from the many demands that the Lannister household bombarded her with. Her furry companion, Skipper, leaped up beside her on the small ship's seating. He wagged his tail and tilted his head to the side, obviously curious about where their travels would lead them next. By now, their destination was looming closer.

It took a moment for the ship to dock at a nearby location. The guard ushered Aislynn out of the ship to make her entrance as quickly as possible and to not cause too much of a disruption. Skipper whined as they began to disembark and make their way up the shore to the meeting point.
"Shh! No, boy. You need to STAY behind until I need you."
Aislynn instructed, noticing the hint of disappointment across the dog's face. However, he obliged and made his way back closer towards the ship but in view.

The conversation became more apparent as Aislynn neared closer to where she caught a glimpse of Bethany speaking sternly to a squire about the Baratheons. Aislynn stiffened in her steps as she approached. What business could they have with the Lannisters?! Whatever it was, it better not be a trap. Gods know they didn't need that right now....or ever.
"Ah, Beth, sorry to arrive so suddenly. I arranged for a change of plans with the guard here. Mother felt it would be best if I arrived here at King's Landing instead. Not to intrude, but what is this I hear about the Baratheons exactly?"
Her eyes narrowed in suspicion, yet she couldn't help but feel a twinge of unease inside.

Lady Mystery ~ The Trainer ~ Sharp Point

Aislynn

• filler tab!

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Last edited:

Elon Lannister

MOOD: wary

MENTIONS: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Castello Castello lilypollen lilypollen

Elon rolled his eyes as his sister went on about some talk of being his own person. It was never that easy, but would she know of such matters? Completely free to wear her pretty dresses and mess around with whomever and not even give a second thought to duty. Sure, sometimes she used that head of hers in regards to the family, but that was it. He knew she had his best interests in mind and cared, but she wasn't as grown up as she thought herself as.

He heard the sounds of hooves and turned to see the very recognizable face of his squire. Elon rose to greet him with a smile, but saw the sweaty and agitated state he was in as he ran nearer. His words flew out in a worried slew and Elon froze as he registered what he was saying.

"Goddamn Baratheons. Not surprised at all." The young lion remarked. "Thank you for bringing this to my attention, you've done well." He said to his squire, who seemed to still be trying to catch his breath. The boy had been quite busy during their time here, and Elon had barely seen him which meant he was getting work done. Spots was one of the best squires Elon had ever had, not that had many, but he was sure the younger boy would leave those who would after him sorely lacking in comparison. His name that the young frey insisted Elon call him always made those around him lift their eyebrows in amusement, but it was something the Frey felt quite strongly about and who was Elon to refuse.

Bethany rewarded his squire by snapping at him, causing Elon to bristle. "Peace, Bethany, he traveled all the way here to give us some news and you're at his throat. Think logically, the Baratheon is simply bringing his troops as did we. I doubt my squire knows their very intention, but invasion is unlikely. Regardless, we have enough men to defend the city and wait for reinforcements. I'll send a fifth of my men to the coast, and ride out to greet the Baratheon myself. Without a king on the throne and the kingdom is such tense times, we should tread light but not assume the worst out of the other houses. Matters regarding the Iron Throne must be discussed between the great houses diplomatically. Spots, you should ride with me."

As he was about to direct his sister to the keep, he saw another head of gold approaching them, and he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Aislynn? She was supposed to be far away with mother. It was nice to see her as well, but Kings Landing was soon going to be a place you had to be cautious in. He gave her a bone-crushing hug all the same.

"Yes, Baratheons. Nothing to fear, just another great house trying to show how great they really are. I would like you and Bethany to go to our quarters in the keep while I ensure they have peaceful intentions, however." Elon said as firmly as he could muster, hoping his sisters, especially Bethany, wouldn't try to resist.

code by low fidelity.

"Spots"
Interactions - slim slim Elon Lannister #C3D6FF
Mentions - VisiblyInvisible VisiblyInvisible Conor Baratheon lilypollen lilypollen Aislynn Lannister ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Bethany Lannister​

1637177839359.png
To be berated by a bastard was poignant, but it was nothing Spots was not used to. As a youth, his brothers would fling his toys into the fire, taunt him endlessly about his late mother and urinate on his favourite books. When he was initially inflicted with illness, the inheriting Frey twins would insert hot needles into his bulging boils, playing a game to see who would 'burst the bubble,' first. He simply had to straighten his back and nod towards Bethany's words, as there was no use challenging a Lion's pride, even if that Lion had been adorned with fool's gold. He did not so much as purse his lips, inch a glare or even dodge a twitch as she forced the words upon him, deflecting off him like a toy arrow on steel.

Another Lion had entered the picture, and she did not offer him so much as a glare, but that was not unlike the Lannisters. If anything, her disregard for him was comforting, granted, having to have his report repeated was the least bit irking.
lilypollen lilypollen

He would have responded to the bastard's words, but her brother would interpose first. When Elon spoke, Spots made rigid attention to his words, and studied carefully with a nod. Elon was the picturesque noble with an unsullied past, a true, gallant knight. The man who would climb the highest mountain for the woman of his dreams, yet he treated Spots with respect, and that was enough to gain the boy's admiration. Yet, the dichotomy between Squire and Knight was not far between, at this point Spots had learned this generation of Lannister's story well. Spots always kept peeled for the sullen gaze the man beheld. Elon was not the steel-encrusted knight his regal gold locks would indicate, rather a mournful rust had begun to spread. Spots wore his scars on his face, but where did Elon keep his? Spots could only digress.

Spots nodded to Elon's request to accompany him, hailing his horse which had his spear and shield strapped to its body. "Of course, Sir," Spots replied.
slim slim

He looked out into the ocean, as the water had begun to get more restless. The waves kissed ever more forward as each moment passed by, and he could see a flock of Gulls fly into the heart of King's Landing. What was to come? Despite the drum of his heart going ever firmer, being at Elon's side as an envoy granted him the belief he would come to see the night's moon rise.

• how he's feeling...

a little anxious, but ready for anything.

Conor

of House Baratheon

Conor Baratheon had spent the days leading up to the Mad King’s death marching to Storm’s End. A raven had flown to him with the message that he was to return home immediately by his father’s order. Conor had expected the worst from the Lord of Baratheon, that his failure to capture the Reach would be his undoing. Instead, he was sent to Dragonstone. It was a meticulously planned attack, nothing like what his father had ever proposed to him before. Timing was everything, Conor was told.

When Conor and his cohort arrived at Dragonstone, however, they found the remains of a massacre. It was quiet, eerily so. Not even the wind howled that night. Every room in the castle was littered with fresh corpses and it seemed as though the stone flooring throughout was covered in a layer of thick, coagulating blood

Conor Baratheon didn’t know what in the name of the Seven had happened there or why it happened, but it instilled within him a great fear. Who or what could do this? A small part of him wondered if his father had anything to do with it. But if so, why send him to conquer an empty fortress? He was confused, bewildered even. And Conor hated that feeling.

But when he sat on the ornate throne in the main hall of Dragonstone, claiming the island as belonging to the Baratheons, he no longer felt that sense of impending doom. In its place, pride swelled.

The time after the Mad King’s death was mostly spent quelling the revolts of the disloyal Houses under Dragonstone’s watch. It was a swift but brutal campaign, lasting only a few days, but the Knights of the Stag made sure it wouldn’t soon be forgotten. He was now the uncontested ruler and the Lord of House Baratheon of Dragonstone. He had become the Stag of the Blackwater.

When he had received word of the Lannister's march to King’s Landing, Conor knew it was only a matter of time before his father sent him as well. He mustered the largest naval fleet he could manage, one hundred and fifty ships strong, including his own flagship, β€œStag’s Horn,” and a number of auxiliaries from the surrounding islands.

Stag’s Horn was a monumental ship, the heart of the entire fleet. It previously belonged to House Velaryon, before they were forced to bend the knee to Conor Baratheon. Without the head of their House, they were easy enough to intimidate into submission. As a token of their loyalty, they gifted him the flagship and a crew to sail it. It was a massive galleon, with a hull made of rich mahogany wood and five sails that were large enough to blot out the sun, each a golden yellow with a black stag at its center. At its front, a figurehead depicting a rearing stag and the words β€œOurs is the Fury” were carved into the wood. Conor had overseen the transformation of the ship himself. If he was to rule over Dragonstone and Blackwater Bay, he would need a ship that would strike fear into even the hardiest of sailors. Conor felt that Stag’s Horn did just that.

His force was two thousand men strong, not including the crewmen of the warships. If his informants were to be believed, that was double the number of Lannister soldiers. Conor doubted they would try anything, but he liked the odds stacked in his favor regardless. One could never be too careful, too prepared. Especially with the Lannisters.

As Conor sailed the Blackwater Bay, the cool, salty wind blew in his face. It was sickening. He had never been on the seas very often, but he hated the times he was. Baratheons were not sailors, they were warriors. And Conor was neither.

He walked across the deck of the Stag’s Horn, stumbling with each rock of the ship. Perhaps he would have thought of it as humiliating if it wasn’t for the terrible sickness he felt. One would have thought he was a Tyrell with how green his face had turned. But he couldn’t sit in his quarters anymore, not when they were so close. His men needed reassurance, they needed their indomitable leader. Conor continued on to the bow of the ship and took in a deep breath of the nauseating ocean air as he looked on at King’s Landing and the Red Keep.

When his ships entered the docks in Blackwater Rush, they were forced to separate in order to find room to anchor. Conor hadn’t thought about the uncountable number of merchant vessels and fishermen that used the docks. In fact, he naively assumed that it would be empty.

It took nearly an entire hour for his one hundred and fifty ships to find docking, and Stag’s Horn took the space of three ships. Conor was the first of the Baratheon fleet to step foot onto solid earth, and then began the process of unloading the two thousand soldiers under his command, along with their horses and supplies.

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Bethany frowned at herself, she did not like it when she got angry. She should have been controlled measured, like her brother said it was a show of force, nothing more. What her family was doing just a little better and sort of cancelled out her father's plan somewhat. Despite being seen as the military power in the city, now just one, it seems. Still something to work with and not without opportunity. If she could play the Lannisters army as not a show of power but a protective force against the Baratheons? Not easy considering the reputation of the House of Lannister but not impossible. SHe smiled, feeling better about this already.

She watched as her brother took charge. The little cub was growing up but she was still her little cub. "Yes, of course." She said turning to Spots. " Apologies, squire. I should not have shot the messenger." She turned back to Elon and chuckled at his request to go back to the keep."However, if you think i will not come with you to see the Baratheons, you dont know me at. That is hurtful, little cub." She said teasingly back at him and moved to follow him, determined to go on foot if she needed to. How would that look to the Baratheons, have a lady walk on the stones behind the Lannister lord.

However, her games with her brother stopped short as she noted her little sister arrive to the fray. She inwardly cursed, yet another variable to the long equation in her plans she thought she hadnt had to factor in. Not yet, at least. "Always happy to see you little sister. Though there is a reason i left you behind with mother. I trust you and skipper more for protection than I do our guards." She pointed out. Not quite true but there was a time and place to reveal Aislynn and this was not it. She was luckily to be the best bet at an effective alliance with another house. "But since you are here, the Baratheons stole father's idea of coming here in force with their own navy."

slim slim
Castello Castello
lilypollen lilypollen

Elon Lannister

MOOD: annoyed

MENTIONS: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Castello Castello lilypollen lilypollen VisiblyInvisible VisiblyInvisible

Of course, his sister had to play this card. It got boring quickly, and the excitement of having his siblings all together was beginning to fade away as he began to remember what they were actually like. How was he going to rule seven kingdoms when his own sister couldn't heed his words? He disregarded her lighthearted retort, his vexation beginning to show in the straight line of his mouth and eyebrows.

"Have it your way, sister." Elon replied in a dry tone, and moved to Spot's mount and removed his spear and shield which he handed to the younger boy. He led the horse over to his sisters and waved the reins at Bethany before dropping them. "Since you're in such a rush to greet our new guests, you two can be the first to do so. You better hope I'm right and this is a peaceful affair. It would be a shame for our father to lose all three of his children. He's getting too old to sire any more."

Elon could feel a wave of agitation threatening to drown him. He didn't think he was overly rude to his sister, not anymore than she was to his squire. And sometimes she needed to be reminded she wasn't as smart as she thought she was , as much as she stubbornly refused to admit it. He hadn't even bothered asking Aislynn about the matter, he assumed she was taking Bethany's side as usual. Unfortunately for him, they were two peas in a pod. Elon wanted to seek out his father, but knew the man was busy with other affairs. It was up to him to start acting like a lord and not run off to his father for help.

"Come, Spots. We'll get my horse and then round up the men. We-" The bells began to ring out. cutting the young lion off. Elon froze, his mind scrambling as he tried to think what could be the cause of the ruckus, but then he slowly turned and stared out at the horizon. Even though they were no bigger than the size of his fist currently, he could see the yellow sails of the Baratheon fleet. The Stag lord and his men were arriving like a swarm of beesβ€”and it wasn't clear if they had plans of using their stingers.

Elon once more called for Spot to follow him and began swiftly making his way back to the Keep. By the looks of all those ships, his men would definitely be outnumbered, but his father's words replayed in his head: numbers mean nothing when you fight like a lion. Let the stag prance about and show off his large antlersβ€”House Lannister would be waiting with tooth and claw.

After ruminating in silence for a few minutes as the two made it some distance from the bayβ€”and his sistersβ€”Elon set his sights on the young boy in tow.

"What are your thoughts about this matter, boy?" Elon asked. His frown had largely dissipated and the tone he had asked Spots had almost seemed jovial, a stark comparison to a few moments ago.

code by low fidelity.

growing strong
As far as the human eye could see a line of hundred soldiers on horses marched towards King's Landing on the Roseroad. In which the banners they carried with them proudly displayed an emblem. A golden rose. Sandwiched between those soldiers were three carriages each carrying different things. However, the middle carriage was sheltering something far more important. Members of House Tyrell. The contingent approached ever closer to one of the many gates connected to the walls that surrounded King's Landing. It'd be impossible to pass through with every soldier so a decision was made for most of them to be stationed on the outskirts of the city while a small force went inside with the Tyrell ladies. An intimating amount of Lannister forces were also camped out there. It almost seemed like they were preparing to besiege the capital but then again the Lannisters were an unpredictable bunch so one could never truly guess what those lions were up to. Tyrell soldiers set themselves up a nice distance away from the Lannister soldiers. Not too close nor too far away.

While that was happening the split-off Tyrell congregation entered King's Landing without a hitch as those governing the capital as of current were previously alerted to the coming presence of one of the Great House's of Westeros. Those going about their daily business stopped to give attention to the passing soldiers and carriages. Recently the lowborn had seen an increased number of representatives from various Houses set foot within the city. Much more than usual as soldiers from said Houses were quickly becoming a common sight in their eyes. It was obvious what was happening. A battle over the throne was so to begin and their fate were to be in the hands of those fighting in this battle.

After a few minutes, the entourage all had arrived at the famed Red Keep. Out stepped from the middle carriage was a golden rose. Her head looked up at the towering figure of the Red Keep. Wistfulness appeared in her eyes as fond memories flashed through her mind before she shook her head to rid herself of them. Alerie Tyrell had arrived and Elaera Targaryen was gone. It was so strange to think of something like that. It didn't even sound right. But it was true. That silver-haired princess was now soaring among the skies as the wonderful dragon she was. "Mother, sister. I'll be right back." That was what was said to her beloved family in the carriage before she skitted off to find a servant belonging to the Red Keep. When getting off the carriage she had heard something interesting and needed to confirm it immediately.

"Excuse me!" Once she had found a servant she hurriedly asked them what she needed to know. "Oh hello, my lady, Lady Aislynn, and Lady Bethany are down over at Blackwater Rush." Alerie gave her thanks to the informative servant, gathered the skirt of her dress, and rushed towards Blackwater Rush. Along the way she somehow picked up a Tyrell guard who saw her and followed her for her own safety. Despite the Lannisters and Tyrell always feuding with each other she shared a relationship that she considered pleasant with the Lannister children. Of course, it was not as if they were all friends but they weren't fighting every second they saw each other or held bitter hatred for one another. It had been a while since she saw those lions and missed giving cheeky remarks upon them saying something.

The salty air that came along with the wind as Alerie landed on the docks was a very needed change from the quite literally shitty smell of King's Landing. Her eyes lit up once seeing familiar figures. "How adorable this is. A Lannister family reunion. It almost brings tears to my eyes." Her voice cut through whatever conversation the girls were holding and she strolled in innocently as if she hadn't noticed she interrupted at all. She had an amiable expression on her face but one that soon twisted abruptly as something caught her notice.

Were those Baratheon ships? She watched transfixed as a man stepped off from one of the ships that had reached the port. Conor Baratheon was it? He was a handsome man but a Baratheon man at that. Slowly she casually hid behind shuffled behind Bethany. She, Alerie Tyrell was by no means a timid woman in the face of those who disliked the Tyrells yet this situation was utterly different. The Tyrells and Baratheon didn't just dislike each other they hated each other. Even if she didn't have any qualms with Conor Baratheon their two houses' relationship was enough to make meeting each other a tense and awkward situation.
Alerie Tyrell
MOOD: Mixed mostly compliacted

LOCATION: Capital of the Seven Kingdoms: King's Landing, Crownlands; Red Keep - Blackwater Rush

OUTFIT: Here

INTERACTIONS: Bethany Lannister, Aislynn Lannister, Myle "Spots" Frey

MENTIONS: Elaera Targaryen, Loralynne Tyrell, Lyarra Tyrell, Conor Baratheon

TAGS: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Castello Castello VisiblyInvisible VisiblyInvisible tamarapasek tamarapasek HumbugPie HumbugPie lilypollen lilypollen

TL;DR: Alerie Tyrell goes to King's Landing, finds some old 'friends' and uses Bethany Lannister as a body shield to hide from Conor Baratheon
code by valen t.

Last edited:
"Spots"
Interactions - slim slim Elon Lannister #C3D6FF
Mentions - VisiblyInvisible VisiblyInvisible Conor Baratheon lilypollen lilypollen Aislynn Lannister ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Bethany Lannister

1637376710692.png
Spots followed Elon, like tone to a melody. As they entered deeper towards the keep, Spots' attention remained sharp. His body felt ready to pounce at anything, even the rustling band of mice that scurried through the bushes. His heart beat so strong, that when the bell had begun to sound, he felt his soul leave his body for a moment's time. His body rattled like a violin's string playing a hushed breath. He knew that the bells indicated that the ships had boarded their horizon, and Baratheon soles would be treading on Blackwater Bay's sands shortly. His eyes trailed onto the fleet with precariousness. What was their goal? Would the warrior-born Baratheon truly plan to win King's Landing with blood? With the thought in mind, he held his spear closer to his body, the other leading his horse behind Elon.

He peered behind, thinking of the new arrival of Lannister's. They were poor collateral, a double-edged sword that was pointed well towards the side of Elon. Spots had learned quite well that King's Landing was not a safe place, as the stories of the Mad King taught him the lesson well. How could their enemies use the girls against them? He was not too concerned about Bethany, but Aislynn was surely a card in the enemy's deck. He had hoped they wised up and scurried away after they left.
( lilypollen lilypollen Aislynn Lannister ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Bethany )

When Elon pressed him for a question, Spots was not sure how to react. He was a youthful boy, and talking strategy with perhaps the future king was far above his birthright. Yet, the change to a joyous disposition of Elon put him at ease. Spots would allow his thoughts to wander, even if it weren't his place. He deduced that the ships likely came from Dragonstone, and Spots immediately knew who it was they would be dealing with. Conor Baratheon. There was a wave of relief at the conclusion; any other Baratheon would happily slaughter a few Lions for the throne, but Conor was nurtured from different ilk, at the very least those were the stories Spots' older brothers told.

"Those ships were coming from Dragonstone's ports, meaning the lord of this fleet is likely Conor Baratheon. I have never met him, but my older brothers did. They called him the Deer Lord, and made fun of his limping." Spots said with a thoughtful hum, "Yet, with this many ships in Blackwater Bay, there's no way the Lannister's can claim sovereignty over King's Landing, but Conor does not sound like his wrathful father, Lord Baratheon. Perhaps we can negotiate a council ruling of King's Landing while we wait for reinforcements?"

Spots looked up at the Red keep as he spoke, "Though, I have never heard the story of a truly peaceful Baratheon. Sir, if you do intend to become King of Westeros I think we should be equally prepared for a battle."
( VisiblyInvisible VisiblyInvisible Conor Baratheon )

Still in his pocket was the Targaryen poster, of which he clenched on. He could disclose it in this moment, but he did not want to shake his Knight's mind. After all, it was not long since he was falsely betrothed to a dragon. Perhaps such memories should be repressed until a keener moment.
( slim slim Elon Lannister )

Before Aislynn could get a word in with Bethany, her brother had approached her, offering her a massive hug in greeting. She nodded in understanding at his words, a bit perplexed at the whole situation and how serious matters could become.
"Don't worry, brother, I have hopes that everything will be fine..."
She trailed off, further analyzing her own words as if she was fooling herself. She plastered a smile onto her face and tried to maintain a steady composure.

She then turned her attention back towards Bethany.
"Matters with mother weren't seemingly as important as those that reside here. We sensed it would be best if my presence was elsewhere. I can see now that it is. Should we be worried?"
Upon finishing her question, her eyes met Spot's briefly as she offered him a nod of acknowledgment, clearly accepting that he was here before he departed with her brother. Would there ever be peace? She inwardly groaned at Elon's response towards Bethany. It was always something with these two!

Her body then tensed once more as Allerie Tyrell and her servant suddenly appeared into the picture, interrupting their conversation. She was tempted to call for Skipper with a fine-tuned whistle she perfected over the years in case events began to unfold between Baratheon and Tyrell alike. She wasn't in the mood for anything to escalate.
"Ah, Alerie Tyrell, what a...pleasure it is to see you."
Aislynn almost stumbled to find the right words as the woman hid behind Bethany, wondering if this was an example of pure cowardice. She almost felt sorry for her in the moment. The young blonde just sighed and shook her head, fixing her gaze out upon the sea where Conor Baratheon had docked his ship. Her mind began to wander at all the possibilities. It seemed as if her siblings had it all figured out...but what was her role exactly?

Skipper awaited anxiously near the newest docking ship. He growled and paced around in restlessness, watching and waiting until his mistress gave the signal. He could smell trouble from a mile away, or so it seemed.

Aislynn

• filler tab!

slim slim
eloise eloise
Castello Castello

Last edited:
MOOD: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit

OUTFIT: Nunc maximus malesuada mauris, ac commodo ex semper sed

LOCATION: Integer nisi ipsum, blandit vel porttitor pretium, vestibulum in est
basics
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
Lyarra Tyrell
Growing strong

From inside the carriage, Lyarra could not stop fidgeting. They were right on the Roseroad. As they had traversed many times before, only the thrill of being so near yet so far never seemed to dissipate from the girl. She already had many of the handmaidens and their daughters vow to set aside any novels for her if they should find a copy they could spare, the last time she visited. Now all she could hope was that they had both remembered their vow, and fulfilled the contingencies. After all, King's Landing was rumored to have the best romances around with tales of dashing knights and princesses was it not? The last time she had paid visit, she'd managed to get her hands on a story involving a runaway High Lady and a Dothraki warrior. She was fairly certain that upon close inspection there were some glaring cultural inaccuracies which had been created for a more exciting plot, but regardless it was absolutely worth the journey. And some of the...........less than ladylike scenes in there had been enjoyable as well. One scene that had stayed on her mind far too long was the horseback exchange. Was it even possible to do those things on a moving horse? She'd attempted to subtly ask a stableboy, but chickened out at the last minute and decided she would certainly get scolded for experimenting by herself.

The carriage finally entered King's Landing, with Ly reaching over to tug at Alerie's gown excitedly. She had never been permitted to wave outside the carriage as she might like, so instead she peered outside best she could, smiling at the passerby's of King's Landing. She'd heard that more houses would be coming, and many were already there. She couldn't for the life of her figure out why, but she felt ill thinking of it. When the houses got together rarely did everybody mean goodwill. Even an innocent soul like her knew that.

As the travellers finally stopped, Lyarra followed Alerie outside of the carriage, frowning as the sister disappeared. With a sigh, she turned to her mother. Awkwardly coughing, she took the woman's hand to lead her to the castle. From there, the two women were led to their quarters with the servants who were carrying trunksful of luggage following suit. From there, she parted ways from the older woman, as they were given two seperate rooms. One for the mother and one for the daughters. Attempting to hide the squeal, she entered her own room which she was to share with Alerie. After ensuring the door was left open for the servants, she gently sat on the bed she had claimed as her own. "As always, King's Landing is the grandest place to be in all of Westeros," The girl mumbled to herself, sprawled out on the bed. Perhaps things were always better on the other side, but she always felt much more like a lady here than in Highgarden.

As the servants piled out of the room, she quietly creeped up. She made her way to one of the trunks, the one with the roses engraved in a specfic way she had recounted to memory on the top. Opening it, she was greeted with the sight of a stack of elaborate dresses, which she gently rummaged through to fish out one of many books which had been hidden inside her luggages. They hadn't been spotted as of currently, which made her free to exchange novels with the other servant girls as soon as she saw them. Now all she had to do was sneak out and begin the tradition of trading. She was convinced that Niamh the kitchen wench's daughter would adore her latest collection, given the girl had a soft spot for the rake-ish types. So she reached for the door, and attempting to open it as quietly as possible, slipped out. The girl was on a mission and would most likely spend the remainder of the day searching for new books.
code by valen t.

Bethany rolled her eyes and thought for a moment about what to do with Aislynn being here. She was distracted for a moment, not really registering Aislynn's question for a second or two. "Hmm, no. Standard show of force like we did nothing more. It can be countered and used for us..." She said clearly distracted by her own thought. She smiled. "Since you are so intent to helping us out. Maybe you can be of us, you better hope you will get on with the Baratheon, you might be with them for a good long while."

She had not intended to marry Aislynn of the Baratheons, Aislynn was one of the biggest trump cards she had worth for something truly special. Honestly, she had said that Aislynn more of a threat to potentially get her less interested in helping, but if something can happen, why shouldnt it. Sometimes things did work best when you dont try to manipulate everything and leave things to chance. Not often, but it does happen. She would bring Aislynn along and she what happens.

"Lets see if you will meet your future betrothed on those ships." She added teasingly, waiving Aislynn to follow as she turned and went to catch up with her brother and his squire, meeting the wannabe admiral. "Have you read up on the Houses like I told you?" She asked, having the air of the governess and tutors they once had growing up. "I would tell you to remain silent but knowing I hope you can at least speak intelligently and know who you are speaking to."

lilypollen lilypollen

Aislynn groaned at her sister's initial response. Where she wasn't taken aback, it was typical for Bethany to see her as "their way out" in case things got really messy in situations as these.
"And what good exactly will my conversations, or rather, presence be of any use to the Baratheons compared to you and Elon, since you two seem to have it covered as you imply? I do gather that we will be pre-occupied for quite some time."
She asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice and a questioning tone. Sure Aislynn was there to help as mother had intended, but she had gathered she would only take part as moral support and step in as a last resort...or so she thought. Aislynn offered a high-pitched whistle, enough to where many could hear, but to gain the attention of Skipper. The dog whined and stopped pacing nearby the ship, leaving his post to scamper off a short distance behind, ready to aide when necessary.

Conflict did not interest Aislynn to any degree, but if the worst case scenario were to arise, she would take part to the best of measures to ensure Lannister safety and pride. She swiftly kept pace with Bethany and on the track of Elon and Spots until they all reached their destination for the formal meeting point. Upon hearing Bethany speak about courtship and betrothal, Aislynn offered up her own eye roll in response.
"Oh please...don't give me another reason to ponder over what might possibly happen after this...soon-to-be eventful arrival of the Baratheons."
Feeling a bit irritated upon her sister's lecturing and further demands, Aislynn snapped ever so slightly,
I'm not a child, Beth. Of course I've read up on the Houses! If you presume I know very little about the history, then you must have little faith in my ability to speak for myself and for the family."

It was slightly out of character for Aislynn to behave somewhat crossly to towards her siblings, but the whole matter, the whole situation, was placing a ridiculous amount of pressure upon her shoulders. One slip up from her seemed like it would be the end of the world for the Lannister Household. A frown caressed her delicate facial features, her eyes glazing over with a ferocity that mixed with curiosity. Even Aislynn hoped that it wouldn't boil over as she trudged a little further up from Bethany to put her mind at ease, attempting to catch up with Elon and Spots promptly. She wasn't just a pawn in anyone's game, she was a Lannister, and a damn good one at that.

Realizing that she had been distracted by her sister and was getting off course, Aislynn immediately turned around and stomped past Bethany back to where the Tyrells were at the bay, specifically Alerie. Utterly confused with the directions no today, Skipper snorted and followed after once again. Aislynn resumed her poise once in the view of their guests again.

Aislynn

• filler tab!

slim slim
Castello Castello
eloise eloise

Last edited:
OUTFIT: Trystan
-
Maerie

basics
MENTIONS:

Bethany Lannister ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Elon Lannister slim slim

INT:
Brandon Stark/Rylen Reed Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Ashlyn Stark Virani Virani

Elaera Targaryen uwupolice uwupolice

Broki Vinteroks WorldWeaver WorldWeaver

tags
TL;DR Visitors arrive at Winterfell
tl;dr
Trystan Stark
& Maerie Snow
"Oh my! Really??" Maerie was beaming with glee at the prospect, her hazel eyes wide picturing the massive dragon skulls. Her smile soon faded though, when she noticed the hint of sadness cross the Targaryen's features at the mention of King's Landing. Maerie couldn't even imagine how much it would hurt to lose her home and entire family the way this girl had. "I'm--" She opened her mouth to speak but quickly lost her nerve. The small brunette only wished to express how sorry she was for Elaera's loss but unsure if it was polite to bring up such a thing in general, not to mention a bastard girl to a highborn lady--an actual princess, no less. "I'm...glad you're here, my princess," Maerie finally offered with a shy smile, just as they were interrupted by Lord Stark.

Trystan just snickered, shrugging as his father chided him for flirting with Elaera. "Until then, my princess," He added with a bow before taking his leave, off to find Broki and Rylen so he could prattle on about their guests. Rockley gave a little whimper but followed after him, reluctant to leave the gentle soul that was giving him such nice attention.

Maerie invited herself along for the tour to chatter endlessly at Ser Broki's side, scurrying like a mouse to keep up with the giant's long strides. She adored the sweet, quiet fellow, as he always indulged her babbling on about whatever books or facts she'd recently read. Rylen was always nice to talk to as well, regaling Maerie with stories of green dreams and life in the crannogs of the Neck, and she had a captive audience in both of them, at least for as long as the tour of Winterfell went on.

A few paces ahead, Elaera's attentions were split between Rockley trotting along on one side, begging for head scratches, and Trystan chatting and flirting with her on the other. "My princess," The raven-haired fellow flashed a charming smile after plucking one of the snowdrops from the cluster they passed by, handing the delicate white flower to his escortee. "Not as beautiful a flower as you, of course." The Stark was so smitten with the princess's sweet, coy personality that it only encouraged him to lay on the charm even more, determined to try and make the lovely silverette blush as much as possible.

Trystan sat beside his father at the feast, trying to keep his eyes from glazing over as the conversation shifted to political talk, shooing away thoughts of what Elaera looked like without her pretty white dress on. It was kind of unfair, a gorgeous new arrival at Winterfell, just as he was getting ready to leave; he was told he would be traveling to King's Landing as well, to accompany Ashlyn to meet her betrothed. It wasn't like he was looking forward to the trip or leaving his family behind, and Trystan certainly didn't love the idea of his sister being forced to marry some snooty Lannister.

But Trystan was never one to wallow in self pity. The Stark was nothing if not a happy-go-lucky fellow, always apt to make the best of things. And he had to admit he was excited to see King's Landing, a big city with far more hustle and bustle than anything the quiet of the North had to offer. Plus he couldn't help musing on the fact that one of the Lannister sisters was well known, even all the way up in the North, for being quite hedonistic and promiscuous. Though they were just rumors, it still wasn't every day he got to try his hand at such a legendary trollop. Perhaps this trip wouldn't be so bad after all.
code by valen t.

Ser Broki Vinteroks
Current Mood: A touch awkward, confused, and trying to make heads or tails of the situation

Broki shifted at Ashlyn's explanation of House Stark's situation. Truth is, he was already uncomfortable around most southern houses, but the Lannisters were, from what Broki could tell, by far one of the worst houses to get involved with. Sure, they were rich, and held a stable trade network, and they were unmistakably powerful, both militarily and politically. However, he noted that associating with them could be very much like playing with fire. After all, the Lannisters have been rumored to be one of the houses to have plotted out last week's regicide, and before then, they had been completely loyal to the Mad King. Now, Aerys was no king Broki would keep, but he was still on the highest seat of power in Westeros, and a valued ally to the Lannisters up until his fall. Would Ash and the Starks be betrayed just as quickly, should the lord of the house deem them useless as well?

Ash, a woman who had all the honor and integrity of her father, and was as fair as freshly fallen snow, her resolve stronger than the blue ice he had seen as a boy on fishing trips within the Bay of Ice. Could someone like her really fare well with a house that has such a shady history? Who knows, maybe she's exactly the person who could teach those snakes in lions' skins a thing or two about honor. Still, even the toughest ice melts in the heat of the south, and Broki could always tell she tended to keep her troubles to herself, and like the geysers of Boiling Valley in the mountain range bordering Moskstraumen, that pressure would only build until the eventual eruption.

The knight also felt a touch of hollowness inside him at the mention of the engagement. A slight hint of envy toward the Lannister heir. Broki was usually someone who wore his emotions on his sleeve, but he still always kept one thing well hidden. He had his duty, and he had his place in the world. And he would see the fate the Old Gods have chosen for him, a fate his ancestors guide him along, through to the end. With that said, his gaze shifted from Ash to Trystan. Sure, he might be a bit troublesome at times, but he was a hell of a lot of fun to be around. If it weren't for him, he wouldn't have such a strong bond with such a high-standing house of Westeros. A blessing he was grateful for. Trystan was a great friend, alongside his siblings and Frog.

He then looked to Maerie Snow, the sweet little ball of energy. Always so full of life and joy, a fire amidst the cold and dark of the North. Her enthusiasm and cheer always made Broki smile. Though behind that smile was not an ignorant child, but an intellectual who had read up on a broad variety of topics. It impressed Broki how much she knew, and how much she loved to learn. She would make an excellent scholar should she choose to pursue the path. Had she been born in Moskstraumen, she would definitely be an Owl, the wise and knowledgeable type.

On that note, his mind drifted to Moskstraumen, his hometown, where the Bay of Ice and a mountain range made a formidable fortress on the North's east coast, and the people only made it more so. Tough and hardy, skilled craftsmen, fighters, sailors and scholars. A people who were proud of their heritage and ancestry. Perhaps he should send a raven to his father before he departs for King's Landing, so he knew where to send his messages from then on, and to catch up.

His gaze then shifted back between Elaera, the Targaryen who came to the Starks seeking asylum, and his lord Brandon Stark, a man who sided with the rebels, and known for his integrity and honor. Should his lord choose to side with her, the North may very well be plunged into war it might not be able to win. On the other hand, should he refuse, it might mean condemning an innocent girl and the few friends and followers she has left to die, either in the wild or to Lannister, Tyrell, and Baratheon soldiers and mercenaries. Yes, her father was a madman, but Elaera seemed kind, honest and polite. And just doing nothing would likely leave a bad taste in his mouth were he in Lord Stark's place. Still, Broki trusted in whatever decision Brandon thought was best.

Mentions:
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Virani Virani
uwupolice uwupolice

Last edited:

Elon Lannister

MOOD: alert
MENTIONS: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Castello Castello lilypollen lilypollen VisiblyInvisible VisiblyInvisible eloise eloise
Once again, Spots had proved to be remarkable choice for a squire and would probably continue surprising the lord knight. If Spots didn't seek the Frey seat, Elon would have happily given the younger boy a higher rank albeit still at his side. Even with his lanky frame and non-threatening demeanor, Elon could see a sort of cunning behind those cloudy eyes. He refused to be another fool who underestimated a Frey, but it was hard for the man to raise his guard all the way. In a world where you could die at any time, it seemed tiring to worry about every possible knife that could go into your back. The Mad King had wallowed in that fear for years, and it had still failed to protect him in the end.

As Elon processed Spot's words as well as his own thoughts of the matter, the pair soon arrived at the Keep. The bells were still heaving but the clamor had faded to the background for the most part. Each peal meant the Baratheon's boats crept closer and closer to the port, and Elon had been growing agitated at this sensation of not knowing what was going to happen. Spot's words reassured the man slightly, for he had let the Baratheon house slip into the recesses of his mind as of late and it was good to have someone who could knew more than him. The detail about the other man's limp was still a fresh memory, however. He remembered the whispers of that detail in court as a child. He had seen Conor once after his incident, but Elon failed to see what exactly the gossip was about. Men with far worse injuries had been beasts with a sword.

"Aye, there are no peaceful Baratheons, nor peaceful Freys or peaceful Lannisters. Even the Tyrell roses have their thorns. We all think the others are devils because some ancestor that came before did something horrid. We're at each other's throats and sometimes someone will draw blood. You saw with Elaera, she was punished for her father's crimes and she was nothing but innocent." Elon tried to keep his tone steady as his chest tightened, suddenly feeling the awkward moment he felt he had created. He cleared his throat before continuing. "Indeed, I intend to be King of Westeros. Perhaps moreso only my father wanted it at first, but now I desire it for myself. I'll build a Westeros with no Mad Kings or cowards who slaughter sleeping children and women alike. I want a world we all hoped for as a child."
The stables drew nearer, and Elon hastened his pace as if fleeing his own one-sided ramblings. He had the stable boy get his horse ready while he stood right outside the stall, once more back into a pensive silence until his horse was brought out. Soon the two were riding off through the cobbled streets of King's Landing and past the gate. No matter how many times he got on his horse, the gait of the creature brought a level of peace even for a few slight moments. Elon rode until the red and gold banners were in view, and soldiers who had previously been lollygagging around the campsite snapped to action in a flurry of action. It took a few minutes, but soon the Knight Commander came out to greet him. The brawny man has permanent scowl lines etched into his square yet prominent jaw, and he already had an intense look of disdain had appeared as usual. Despite the four inches Elon had on Garron, he still had managed to belittle the young lion for the past decade. Regardless of the other man, Elon continued to say what he believed and learned as he was going to do oncemore.
"Baratheon ships have arrived, and they have twice as many swords as us. I need 250 men patrolling the inner city as well as the docks day and night, and you will switch them out every couple of hours so they do not tire." Elon then lowered his voice a few octaves as he focused intently on Garron. "I would like a few of our best men to take up Cityguard positions. They might catch something interesting mingling with citizens and fellow knights. I will not be bringing more men but instead sending for more food and supplies as a response that we are not afraid of the Stag's numbers but instead are ready to win the long game if need be."

Garron simply stood and stared in silence for a few moments before letting out what Elon recognized to be an affirming grunt and turned his heel, vanishing in the thicket of crimson. That had meant Elon had done well.

"Come, Spots. Time to meet our guests." Elon said before wheeling his horse around and back to Blackwater. He felt foolish for leaving his sisters, but it had made sense at the time since Bethany had been so adamant about being there to greet the Baratheon and Elon had simply allowed his sister the freedoms she desired so much. As he neared the docks, he saw the small group that had gathered underneath the shadow of the largest ship Elon had ever seen. He allowed himself a few moments to gawk before his face would be in complete detail to the others, but even as he drew nearer and dismounted he still took in the might of it before finally meeting the gaze of the new arrival. Both men stood eye-to-eye a few paces from each other as Elon walked up next to his sister and the thicket of moss-green fabric standing entirely too close to her. Elon slowly peeled his eyes off of Alerie Tyrell and turned to survey the welcome party that had invited themselves along. Three houses within three paces of each other and two already had an active rivalry.

Finally, the stag and lion turned their attention to one another. Same height and eyes, but the differences were as noticeable as night and day.

"Greetings Conor Baratheon, Alerie Tyrell. Unfortunate that we are meeting under such dire circumstances. I hope that we all are here under the motives of a peaceful discussion between all Great Houses." Elon said, the last part a nod towards the Baratheon's forces. Fortunately, the Tyrells had greatly underestimated the situation and were the least of the Lannister's worries.

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back