Story A small Short Story

Trivet

Roll For Initiative! 🎲
Inspired a little by Doki- Doki Literature Club

I entered the after school club there he was again staring at my friend. Watching he seemed happy. He didn’t want to be there though I had forced him just so we could spend more time together. He looked over smiled and waved.
I returned it.

We sat side by side our desks arms length apart we open our books, where was we last time I had forgot by the distraction which was he.
He flicked through the pages and had highlighted it, organized he was more than me who stumbled to get the book out, bag contents falling all over the place.
Scrambling to pick them up he offers to help by picking up the pens on the floor. Handing them to me out hands brush past I look up gazing into his eyes, dark chestnut colored deep and intense.

As I turned to talk to him the girl he watched walked passed flinging her arms around him acting like she owned him.. it angered me, but why we wasn’t together, we were best friends we couldn’t be together, growing up together or would be weird right? Right? I turned.

They hugged and canoodled in front of my face I wanted to punch her but withdrew from this thought, he wasn’t mine, he should be mine.

He turned to me asking what’s the matter I seemed to have changed all of a sudden, brushing him off with a nothing here. Laughing it off. Hurting inside but why? Why was I growing feelings for him? He couldn’t love me. Why would he love me for I am nothing if not she?
I grab my bag to storm out the room he gets up and follows but why I am not she my tears do not matter why does he follow me?
I walk and walk till I’m stopped by his hold around my arm reframing me from moving further. He turned and looked sorrow in his eyes followed by concern. Holding me close, this has never happened before does he know how I feel? Does he feel it too? As I peer up to him looking down at me brushing the hair away, awaiting a moment I’d never thought see true. As he just said don’t be silly you! He pulls in close his eye locked on mine I close my eyes but feel his forehead touch mine I’ll be here for you he said but turned as she called and let go of my hand and ran back to her… leaving me stood there vulnerable in the open. Dropping to the floor as everyone looked walking passed who was this guy on the door crying his eyes out? They wondered. No one stopped to help. He was alone even in a crowded place. Alone and feeling worthless as the one he loved slipped away without them knowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back