• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Slow Invasion

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Austen kept a careful eye on the girl, noticing her reluctance to talk about something... before the older girl could start pondering what that might be, she caught sight of Regis enter the dining room. She noticed his irritation the minute he walked in. She knew he didnt like confrontation, so his reaction didnt faze her.

“Good morning to you too Regis. I havent seen William at all this morning. What are you doing out of your hiding spot?”

Relayer Relayer

Gillian patted her friend on the back still.
"You gotta be careful with juice."
She heard someone come in and turned around in her seat to see who it was. She found Regis standing there. She smiled and waved until she heard him say a bad word.
"Reggie tha's a bad word!"
She turned back around and plopped back into her seat.
"He says los of bad words."
Relayer Relayer Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

“Good morning to you too Regis. I haven't seen William at all this morning. What are you doing out of your hiding spot?”

Regis flicked his glance over at Austen, and then back to his growing pile of sugar cubes. "Slumming."

He found it fundamentally unfair that not only was Austen stunning to look at, but she could read emotions better than most girls could. He was usually uncomfortable in her presence because he could never tell if she was "reading" him. As a result, his defense mechanism was to liberally smear his feelings with a thick layer of sardonicism.

"And may I say you are positively smoking this morning…?"

She heard someone come in and turned around in her seat to see who it was. She found Regis standing there. She smiled and waved until she heard him say a bad word.

"Reggie tha's a bad word!"

She turned back around and plopped back into her seat.

"He says lots of bad words."

Regis smiled at Gillian's back because it was impossible not to, thanks to her power. He mentally gritted his teeth and replied "Yes, I do say a lot of bad words. That's one of the perks of being an adult. And please call me 'Regis.'" For the ten-thousandth time, he thought. He had found that frustration or irritation sometimes blunted the effects of the child's ability, although it was a meager defense at best.

He scooped up the creamer and grabbed his plate. "Well, the mysteries of the world await untangling. If you'll excuse me…"

Aria Jenkins
Mentions: Relayer Relayer

I raised my eyebrows and watched Regis, carefully. "He's weird." I said, quietly. I hoped breakfast would start soon. I was getting hungry, and slightly grumpy from all the deep thoughts that had suddenly imposed themselves on my brain. (ooc sorry about the short posts I have no idea what to writeee)

Richie Summers
Richie had finally recovered from his initial shock at his little bit of bipolarity when he'd realized Austen was nearby and her power was to mess with emotions. He did appreciate her trying to make him feel better more than he would ever like to admit, but he wasn't sure how he felt about being told what to feel. Although he was chill nonetheless he couldn't help that so he didn't jump when Regis entered the room and gave off a morning greeting. He gave his own "good morning" before going into a bit of a daze again. Going lost in thought for the second time in five minutes which he didn't appreciate prompting an internal. Ah why am I like this.

The Devil

Damian nodded happily as he was asked to join William in his office. He didnt say anything until he got into the room with him. "I love pancakes." he said finally after a short pause. A few moments later he seemed to incline his head as if listening for something. "Ooo yeah especially with strawberries." behind him his shadow waved of its own accord. In recent weeks it was slowly but surely warming up to the old man. "Do you think Adrian will be there?" he asked with a sheepish look that said he had a secret.
Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
~~~

Fireman

Joseph was in the shower for no less than thirty five minutes when his pants started vibrating on the floor where he left them. Sighing he turned the water off and stepped out to check it half expecting it to be important. It wasnt though, just his dumb friend sending more memes. However he was already out of the shower and halfway done drying himself so he figured he would get himself dressed and carry on with his day anyway. Plus he had already washed himself anyway he was just soaking up that hot waters heat to try and energize himself. Figuring breakfast would be more than enough he threw on some jeans, a casual Button up, and his leather sandals. Stepping into the hallway he let out a loud groan as he stretched, in part because it felt heavenly and also to announce his presence to anyone who was near.
(Open)
~~~

Critical

"Z z Z z Z z"

~~~​

William walked Damian down to his office. He listened to his pancake preference and smiled.
"Strawberries are a good choice. A fruit is a nice and healthy."
He glanced back and saw the boy's shadow waved. He gave a small wave back and unlocked his office. Everything inside was neat and tidy, but very much suited his age with a lot of antiques. He walked behind his desk and sat down briefly to check through a stack of papers. Her quickly licked the tip of his pen and signed one of them, stapled them, and set them aside in a box. He groaned as he stood up from his chair.
"Alright. You ready for some breakfast? I know I am."
He chuckled softly and smiled.
WeaselThor WeaselThor

Austen glared at Regis, her blue eys scanning over him critically.

“Sure Regie, youre excused.” She replied snarkily, making sure to put emphasis on the last part of the name. She could feel her face flush though as she now began to look at the others in fear that they mightve caught onto his little remark.

Relayer Relayer

Gillian pouted softly at Regis's comment. She turned around in her chair again.
"Regis is a boring name. Reggie is much cuter! And I don't care about saying bad words anyway!"
She stuck her tongue out at him before turning around and flopping down in her chair. She crossed her arms softly but decided on taking another drink of her orange juice instead.
"Reggie is a meanie sometimes, but he still a good big brother."

Relayer Relayer Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

The Devil

Damian smiled wide as william mentioned that he too was ready for breakfast. "Yeah i am, i am really hungry...more than usual." he paused for a moment as if listening to something again. Though william likely knew more about the thing that was speaking to him than he did "that means i am growing right?" he said with a hint of excitement. How he longed to be a grown up, in his mind a grown up wouldnt have to deal with the same problems he did, if only he knew how painfully wrong he was.
~~~

Fireman

Joseph took a leisurely pace to the kitchen making sure to tap on Adrians door on his way past. She and he were among the oldest here barring William and it honestly bugged him how much of a bad example she was. However he knew better than to mention it to her. Even on his best day she would likely kick his Tail with minimal effort, he was a hero, she was a soldier nuff said. When he did make it to the kitchen he was happy to see others had beat him there. His appitite always made him self conscious about grabbing the first plate. "Morning y'all, everyone sleep well?" he asked in his usually chipper and friendly tone. "I had a weird dream man..." he added as he grabbed his plate and piled a excessive amount of food onto it choosing to stand and eat near the counter rather than take a seat.
~~~
Critical
Adrian finally stirred with a string of curses accompanying her. "Joseph i swear imma knock yer block off." she muttered as she rose and made her way first to her stereo where she began blaring heavy metal at max volume before climbing into the shower for the span of one song and tossing on some jeans, a tank top, and some combat boots. When she finally made it to the kitchen joseph was mearly half done with his plate and she managed to get close enough that by the time he looked over she had already cocked back and slugged him in the arm hard enough to earn a bit of whining from him. "Morning to you too boyscout." she said with a smirk then turned her gaze to the others "Anything interesting happen over the weekend while i was gone?" she said asking for the usual report upon her return.
~~~

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Relayer Relayer TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL Yahhah Yahhah

Aria Jenkins
Mentions: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 WeaselThor WeaselThor
Interacts: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

As Gillian took another sip of her orange juice, Aria was pulled from her thoughts as the residence's population of adults entered the room. She pointed.

"Look, the adults are awake!" That usually meant breakfast was soon. The adults always slipped in last minute. Logic, duh. But now Aria was thinking about what Gillian had just said about Regis still being a good brother. Brother? She tried to think of all the inhabitants as her siblings, but that was weird. She had been an only child, a week previous. Maybe she preferred to stay that way.

William laughed and started for the door, making sure Damian was following.
"That is usually what it means. Or, you're getting your powers under control. The more effort, mental or physical, the more your appetite grows."
He locked his door behind him and walked towards the kitchen, smiling when he saw everyone in there already.
"Good morning! How's everyone doing this morning? Good, I hope."
He sat down in his seat and leaned his cane against the table.

WeaselThor WeaselThor Relayer Relayer Natural Flavour Natural Flavour TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL Yahhah Yahhah

Gillian giggled and looked over at Joseph. She waved to him with a big smile. Joseph was her favorite brother. He was super strong and nice and he messed with fire! She sat down and looked around, smiling when William sat down. She didn't really see him as a dad -- he was more her grandpa -- but her siblings were still her siblings and that would never change.

Several men and women dressed in similar uniforms came out carrying trays with fresh pancakes, fruits, juices, etc. They placed them down on the table for them all and left without another word.​

Austen jumped a little as Joseph had finally entered the room, looking clean and a little on edge. When he mentioned a weird dream, she was about to ask what it was when they were soon accompanied by many others, including William himself.

With all the ruckus, Austen decided it was best to keep quiet and just watch the others. Its not that she didnt want to to talk or was too shy, but it was extremely early for her, and it seemed that it was best to lay low for now until she could get the smell of smoke off of her. She would need a shower after this...

Richie Summers
Richie picked himself up out of his partly morning induced stupor after he noticed the adults enter the room. Richie had a lot of respect for Joseph, and William. William's had gotten Richie's respect quite a long time ago, simply for being a wise parental figure the boy found completely alien, and Joseph because of the heroics that came with being a firefighter. It had to take a lot of guts to run towards a fire, though Richie guessed he could control fire, it didn't dampen Richie's opinion of the man. As for the other adult to enter, Adrian was quite intimidating and Richie couldn't help but feel a little frightened when she entered a room. He nodded to William, and Joseph. "Good morning" he responded. His stomach growled despite himself when the food was brought into the room. He grabbed a plate and became to silently put together his own breakfast while he despite himself imagined a whale swimming around in his head. He harrumphed. He'd have to be more careful about morning readings in the future.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 WeaselThor WeaselThor

Blair took a deep breath, her thought process screwed up from lack of sleep. Being on the run for four days straight wasn’t exactly ideal, and this being the only house she could find for several miles didn’t help either. She kept having to talk herself into it.

“Alright, just g-get in, grab something that doesn’t look to important, and get out. No big deal.” She groaned at her ‘no big deal’.

This house looked like it had laser security or something. She took a deep breath, and before she could change her mind again, grabed one on the Bobby pins in her hair and started to pick the lock to the back door, moving just out of site when anyone walked past.

The Devil

Damian's eyes lit up as the plates got carried in, and he made his way to the strawberries like a fruit seeking missile. He loaded as many as he could fit on his plate atop a single pancake then moved onto the grapefruit and cantaloupe. The idea that he might be getting his power under control was a bit exciting, but he was pretty sure he still had a long way to go. "Anyone want me to make them a plate?" he asked in his usually timid tone. Lastly grabbing a very large piece of ham. That one wasnt for him, he personally hated meat, but the other side of him...it loved it.
~~~
Fireman

Joseph continued to cram his mouth full of pancakes pausing for a moment to look surprised at Adrian and whine a bit through a mouthful of waffle. Sniff the air and turn a slightly scary look to Austen. "And why do YOU smell like an ashtray? I thought we had discussed this already." his tone said he was disappointed, but not angry...he never seemed to get angry. But his disappointment was palpable. "Maybe you outta come do drills with me this mornin, see why the whole smoking thing is a bad idea."
~~~
Critical

Adrian quickly grabbed a pancake and folded it in half stuffing potatoes eggs, bacon and cheese into it before folding it like a taco and eating it. Yet as she did so her eyes fell to damians shadow. She had heard rumors about it being weird but watching it move of its own accord kinda made her skin crawl. However she couldn't help but feel as if it was pointing at something. She followed its finger to the back door but for whatever reason didnt feel particularly courageous enough to follow it alone. So she reached for Williams coat and subtly tugged it to get his attention before pointing at the shadow. But she didnt say anything for fear of her voice stopping the thing from moving somehow.
~~~
Meme Machine Meme Machine Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Yahhah Yahhah TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL Relayer Relayer Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Last edited:
Aria Jenkins
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

"Goodie! Food!" Despite her small size, Aria always had a good appetite. She stuffed her face full of pancake and watched as Joseph commented on Austen smelling like an ashtray. Aria giggled, simply cause she didn't know what an ashtray was. "Mm-mmashtray? *Munch*" She asked with her mouth full. Then she took a sip of orange juice to clear her mouth. "What's an ashtray?"

Blair paused as she heard laughter and chatting from inside. She huffed, trying to be quieter in her lock picking endeavors. If they’re were people just inside, she definitely needed to be extra careful.
“Stupid lock” she muttered under her breath, the tumblers kept getting caught, making her start all over.

Austen felt her face heat up. JUST when she thought she could get through this breakfast undetected... but she shouldve guessed. Joseph was bound to pick up on things like that. Giving him a look right back, she ignored Aria’s question. She was about to say something sassy to the fireman before a strange sensation washed over her.

She was picking up on someone’s feelings... but who’s? They seemed nervous, paranoid a little even... she gazed around the room, but everyone here seemed to be having a pretty good time.. even Damian! She huffed in aggravasion. Between Joseph calling her out and this strange feeling, it was bothering her a lot.

“I appreciate the offer hero, but that sounds incredibely boring.” She sighed, pushing the strange feeling away.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Gillian put food on her plate and started eating her super sweet and syrupy pancakes. She giggled and grabbed some strawberries, knowing she needed something healthy.
"Ashtray?"
She asked back when Aria asked what it was.
"It sounds like a plate for your fireplace. Ya know, so you don't ruin your floor?"
Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

William was getting ready to fix his plate when Adrien tugged his coat. He looked over and found her pointing at something. He followed her gaze and found Damian's shadow pointing towards a hallway. If he remembered correctly it was one of the servants' doors. He sighed softly and stood up.
"Adrien, dear, would you fix me a plate while I go see what's going on?"
He grabbed his cane and gently placed a hand on Adrien's shoulder, smiling warmly. He then left to go find out what was going on. He walked down the hallway and stopped at the door, hearing a jiggling noise. Someone was picking the lock. He sighed and unlocked the door, pulling it open.
WeaselThor WeaselThor Meme Machine Meme Machine

Blair has almost gotten the lock when it was swiftly pulled open. She screeched and fell backwards, almost hitting her head. Fear and pure panic overtook her as she looked up at the aged man, probably in his 50s, that had caught her

“Um.... I-I....” she stuttered, not sure what to do at first. Then what had happened dawned on her, and she relized she needed to run before he called the cops.

Blair turned around running down the stairs at full speed, trying to get away, before she slipped and fell into the pool. She grabbed the edge pulling herself up to breath, as she couldn’t swim and would drown without it.

Aria Jenkins
Mentions: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 WeaselThor WeaselThor

"Hmm..." Aria said, squinting her eyes while trying to imagine what that would look like. "Joseph's a fireman, we should ask him!" She turned to the muscular adult standing nearby. "Joseph! What's a ashtray?"

Richie Summers
Richie was just taking a bit out of a bit of toast when he noticed the kids shadow, Richie didn’t hold anything against the little boy as far as he could tell he was a good kid, but that shadow gave him the willies. He looked elsewhere and noticed a slight disagreement between Austen and Joseph he didn’t eavesdrop much about it but from the little children’s questioning it had something to do with an ashtray.
Richie noticed William get out of his seat and walk down the hall out of the corner of his eye and wondered what it was about. He shrugged and took another bite of his bread, he hoped nothing terribly awful was going on.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Natural Flavour Natural Flavour TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL WeaselThor WeaselThor

Gillian stood up on her knees in her chair to look at Joseph.
"Yeah! What's an ashtray?"
WeaselThor WeaselThor Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

William sighed and walked after the girl. He told a servant girl to fetch a towel and fresh set of clothes that might fit the young lady. He was slow but he made it over to the pool where she fell.
"Sweetheart. You didn't have to go and get wet. I'm not mad at you. I understand where you're coming from. Each of my children has a sad backstory."
He offered his hand to her, careful not to topple into the water as well.
"Come inside, dry off, and have some pancakes."
Meme Machine Meme Machine

Blair was shaking of panic and fear, the memory of the last time someone called the cops on her resurfaceing in her mind. She felt her eyes glowing, and that weird sensation whenever people got scared or mad. She fought it down, not wanting to hurt herself like at the police station.

She knew the man was gonna call the cops on her. That’s why her head shot up in surprise when he said he wasn’t mad.

“Y-your not mad....?” His hand stretched out to hers, as she felt her power start to dwindle a bit. People always called her a freak for her glowing eyes, even though she never knew what they looked like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back