• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Slow Invasion

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Do I look like a mean old man? I try real hard not to be one."
He smiled at her, noticing her glowing eyes.
"You have very beautiful eyes."
Meme Machine Meme Machine

Blair felt the panic and fear halt, and her eyes suddenly lost there glow. No one had ever called her eyes beautiful before.....

“T-thank you.” She muttered half heartedly, before pulling herself up out of the pool, her short hair, gray t-shirt, and dirty jeans soaked.

A woman in a uniform came running out with a small stack of clothes and a towel.
"Here you are, Miss. A towel and clothes. I'm sorry if they don't fit properly, I didn't know your size, Miss."

William stood back and stretched out his leg. It had been hurting him a bit, but he'd help this young lady get settled in and let her know she wasn't alone.

Blair hesitantly took the clothes out of the maids hands, eyeing the old man suspiciously. Why was he being nice? What was this guys angle......? He said he had kids, maybe he was gonna get one of them to call the cops on her? She wasn’t sure, but she also wasn’t gonna turn down the offer of pancakes.

William dismissed the woman and led the girl towards the door.
"The name's William. Do you have a name?"
He placed a hand between her shoulder blades and guided her towards the nearest bathroom so she could dry off and change.

Blair flinched from the sudden contact, half expecting him to hit her. She narrowed her eyes, wondering if she should say her actually name. She didn’t even know this man, mich less trust him. She decided against it.

“I’m....... Emma.” She half-heartedly replied, rolling her eyes at her own response. She was lying through her teeth, and it was obvious.

William stopped and looked down at her. Her life was obvious.
"In that room right there are children and adults I've raised and taught for quite some time. Do you really think a lie could get past me? Do you know how many times I've caught them sneaking cookies from the kitchen staff?"
He laughed softly at the end, gesturing behind him to the kitchen that was somewhere.

Purses her lips. She knew that wouldn’t work. She took a deep breath, before opening her mouth and closing it again.

“Blair.”

One word. That one word went against everything she ever taught herself. How this man had gotten her to break down every single rule she had set up for herself with one word astounded her. Maybe it was because he had kids.

William smiled down at her.
"Blair is a pretty name. The bathroom is right over there."
He pointed to a plain looking door just a little down the hallway.
"I'll wait out here for you to get out. This place can be a bit confusing at first. But once you've lived here it's the easiest maze ever."

Blair muttered some sort of thanks, before rushing Into the bathroom and closing the door, locking it. She stared at her reflection for a good five minutes before muttering curses and questions to herself.

"What even was that?! I told him my NAME. That was my number one don't!"

Blair let out a frustrated groan before starting to change out of her soaked clothes and into the comfortable soft clothes the maid had given her. At least her hair was thin, and would dry fast. She hissed in annoyance when she realized the new shirt showed the scar on her neck, and pulled the fabric over it. Not like it was that big of a deal.

Blair walked out of the bathroom, her wet clothes folded and hanging in her hand. She shook off the feeling of her hair being wet against her back. She sighed inwardly, closing the bathroom door behind her and leaning against it.

Blair almost stopped breathing as she saw so many people. Her panic came back a little, but she tried to keep it in control.

Austen stared at the girl, her panic obvious on her face, but even more so in feeling. So this is where those strange feelings were coming from... She smiled at the girl and sent her a calm, warm feeling. It was inviting, and Austen hoped it was enough to get the girl to relax.

“Hello,” she said happily, “I’m Austen. Where um... where did you come from?”

Blair could feel calm waves washing over her, but it just freaked her out more. Did someone here have the same ability’s as her....?

“New York.”

Blair answered curtly, trying to avoid conversation. Her panic started seeping into her powers.

Richie Summers
Richie looked over a bit startled when William had reentered the room. He looked at the girl William had brought with him in an intrigued sort of way. It wasn’t everyday William brought someone new in, it wasn’t THAT interesting but it piqued his curiosity. Then he saw the girl begin to look a bit out of sorts and began to feel bad. It was usually him who was a nervous wreck without any hope. He gave her a smile, “It’s nice to meet you” he said.

“Nice to meet you too.....” Blair looked around for a open seat, hoping that she wouldn’t have to sit next to anyone too talkative.

Aria Jenkins
Mentions: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Meme Machine Meme Machine TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL

Aria looked up, but said nothing. She wasn't usually the one to say hello, instead just observing the newcomer. It was easier on Aria's nerves to get to know someone from a distance before interacting with them. She was sure Gillian would jump right in, however, and Austen had already said hello.... Aria just sucked in her upper lip, nervously, her two identical dimples standing out a little more, and her big brown eyes watching curiously.

Regis snorted inwardly as William introduced the new girl. My children? He'd never thought of William as a father. A benefactor and occasional mentor, maybe, and while he would be loath to admit it, Regis sometimes thought of him as a kindly rich uncle…

But not a father. That ship had sailed.

He examined the girl briefly. Very shy; probably damaged (like most of us here, he thought). His perceptions of the group network began to jiggle, although he didn't have much to go on yet.

He belatedly realized he should probably do the role model thing and show the younger kids the proper way to greet people. He appreciated social rituals, as they helped him wrap his talent around complex social interactions; but he typically didn't like to get involved with them himself. But, better a handshake and a proper display than a dressing-down from William later…

He put down his breakfast haul and stepped cautiously over to the girl. "Blair, my name is Regis," he said, putting a smile on his face and extending a hand. "Good to meet you."

Blair gave a half hearted (and to be honest a creeped out) smile towards Regis. She was seriously regretting coming to this house. Though they hadn’t tried to be mean, or call the cops yet, so maybe they weren’t all bad.

“Yeah...... nice to meet you all too.....”

She said it very quietly, but not nervously. She looked at everyone, and one person caught her eye. A boy, seven or eight if she had to guess, with dark hair. He was eating a ton a food, but when Blair looked closer, she saw his shadow looked..... different. For some reason, it made her shiver like she was cold.

Regis briefly (and pointedly) examined his hand as if checking to make sure it wasn't dirty.

Yep, damaged, he thought. Can't blame her for being weirded out, given the situation...

"Oh-kay," he said with another smile. "Well, the news of the world awaits. I'll be in the library..." he turned to gather his coffee-related booty.

Blair’s head snapped to where he was, he eyes slightly lighting up in happiness.

“You guys have a library....?!” She didn’t mean to sound nearly as excited as she was, but she didn’t notice the hope in her own voice.

Regis glanced over at William. Well, if she was into books...

"Well. Um, William, I could give her a tour once you're done showing her around..."

Sarya​
Sarya had woken up early and decided to head for a little training. She went out onto the grounds where she didn't have to worry about bringing the house down. She found an apple tree and set to work sending small screams at it knocking down one apple at a time. It was much more tiring holding back her power than going full out.

Richie Summers
Richie finished his breakfast and gave the new girl, and Regis who was being... Was that nice. No that didn't make sense. Richie decided not to dwell on that detail, he got up and decided to get to one of the training rooms before everyone else got started, it would save him the embarrassment and distraction of trying to shapeshift while someone was around. He rushed off down a hall after excusing himself from the table. He entered a training room and took a few steps inside. The rooms were pretty big which was good in case Richie overshot and became something too big. He shook his head keep it small.... No he was really good at being small things he should try for a little bigger. He thought back to his book for inspiration on what to be... NO! Not a whale, he shook the page from his mind what was big but didn't take up too much space. The first thing that came to mind was maybe a dog to get himself warmed up. Richie was good at becoming smaller dogs like beagles, or basset hounds, he didn't usually stray bigger than that. He thought for a second sitting down, what kind of dog should he go for. Shape shifting was very specific he had to know exactly what he was going to look like or things might go wrong and he would end up as some freak of nature like a horse with gills or something in all honesty Richie didn't know if he could become something like that but he wasn't going to find out the hard way.

Huskies were neat they looked wolves just a little smaller, he scratched his head not quite confident enough to give it a try. He just shrugged and decided to go with that he looked back forth to make sure he wasn't seen before standing up and visualizing the kind of shape he wanted and willing his body to take it. The pointed snout with a fluffy but fit body, the silvery gray fur, all the way down to the big paws, and incredibly fluffy tail. Richie felt himself lose balance and fall onto all fours, he kept his eyes closed before peaking one open, and inspecting his side. Very fluffy and how he'd imagined it. He looked around if he had a mirror it'd be easier to judge his success but it looked like he'd done it right and his fluffy tail gave an instinctual wag until Richie tucked it between his legs dumb thing, just imagine if someone had seen him do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back