• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Slice of Seaside (Holo and Sakura Moon Blossom)

Holo

The local outcast.
After a long and carefully planned trip that took a few days a Male Kitsune arrived at a sleepy coastal village. He had been Told the village had no experienced builders and the relatively older looking buildings he saw gave credit to the claim. His attention was drawn to a abandoned hut near the entrance and he started to approach it.

wp8543406.jpg

Mina was asleep when the stranger walked into town. It was still early though when she woke. She stared up at the ceiling of her parents bungalow. She rolled over and closed her eyes to try and go back to sleep but, that didn’t last long. Her mother was soon pulling the blanket off her end sighing. “As much as I know you would love to stay in bed Mina, you can’t. I need you to run to the market. The fisherman come back with fresh stock and we don’t have any. Run out and get some.” She patted her daughter head. “Then you can say dream. I made a list of a few other things as well!” She called as she left Mina’s room.

As the Stranger walked through the abandoned house he scanned the supports and the roof as best as he could. It wasn't long before somebody was at the door asking who he was and why he was in there. "I'm Katsu Furidamu and I came to build you guys some new buildings." He stated proudly before starting to cast a few well known protective charms and a single reinforcement spell on a small hammer. He calmly chatted with the villager as they walked out before gently smacking the door frame for the house as they crossed the threshold and the doorframe cracked slightly. "You guys are lucky these older homes seem to be held up by the doorframes." Katsu said with a nervous smile as the building groaned under it's own weight and then collapsed behind him a few small rocks breaking on the charms he'd cast over himself. He chuckled nervously again as the villager looked at him shocked before glancing at the rest of the village. "Good news is I don't have to deconstruct everything to rebuild it I just think this building was too old to wait on."

Mina groaned as she got up she stopped though when she heard the crashing of a building not far off. She jumped up and grabbed a support beam out of fear of an earthquake but no more shaking or crashing came. She looked out the window of her family home towards the edge of the village but couldn’t remake out what had happened she could just see people running and gathering by the houses by the shore. She raised an eyebrow and quickly dressed in some common clothes and headed out into the village curiously. She had he messenger bag slung across her shoulders. She headed out of the house and started towards the crowd. It was the same way as the market and she was sure she’d see what was going on as she passed by. She began to squeeze through the crowd with a few “excuse me”s and “Pardon me”s

Katsu had gathered quite the crowd with his rapid reconstruction of the first house. He was terrible at combat but great at multitasking the construction of things with magic. He summoned a slab of granite from the earth then he followed it up by summoning more posts made from the earth to frame the rooms, sand ground itself until it was hot enough to form into glass and walls made of marble formed around the rooms. He started to sweat as the roof started to form over the house made of a large arch of quartz that was clear but stronger than glass. He stopped and formed a quick table and bench to take a break. He had pitch black hair and clear brown eyes, he was dressed with a nice overcoat and a good vest with pants but they had all collected dust during the building process.

Last edited:
Mina was part way through the crowd when she finally caught a glimpse of the man doing magic on the house. Her eyes went wide, she had never seen it used on such a large scale. She paused and was shoved back after a few minutes of gawking and stumbled back falling back into the crowd with a groan. She shook her head and then pushed herself up and dusted off her skirt and bag from the sandy dirt. She sighed and looked at the sun and then kept moving through the crowds. She pulled out her mom’s list of things she needed and headed down along the market by the piers and ocean edge.

Katsu took a few orders for buildings during his break and after a bit the crowd seemed to disperse allowing him to finish his house without interruption. He'd fashioned a door be using a hardened disc of rock to cut and flatten out a tree before attaching it with some metal hinges. He went into the house and tested the doors and he other pieces of temporary furniture that he'd crafted before he went to get changed and go out to shop for his dinner. He left his newly formed home with a pair of shorts and a shirt that seemed to have a few stains from clay. He packed a few goods and some coins to trade with before starting a walk down towards the pier occasionally asking passers to make sure he was heading the right way.

Mina was bargaining with fishermen for some of the bigger and finer fish. She had gotten there early but had been there more than an hour trying to bargain and gather other ingredients. The fishermen seemed to be a little cocky and stingy on their rates this morning and it wasn't boding well for Mina.

"Come on four gold pieces and this herbal remedy is more than enough for the tuna and salmon." She sighed as she looked at the man sitting on the boxes selling fish.

"I told you six gold kid. Now leave it be." He snarked. "I have other patrons you're ruining my sells with." He glance at her in a less than pleasant way. He was new to the town as a trades men and mina crossed her arms and gave in.

"Alright ... six gold..." She sighed. It was steep but her mother preferred the best. She pulled out her coin pouch and went to pay the man.

"And throw that potion in too. I'll give you some cod." He smirked. She rolled her eyes. This was such a scam. She would have to have words with her father and the council about this one.

Katsu got to the pier after a while of walking and overheard a fisherman trying to haggle against somebody who seemed to be rather reluctant to take his deal. "I'll give you five gold and some advice to just give the Young lady the cod and stop trying to copper and silver the young lady next time. Then we can negotiate my dinner and maybe a little improvement to the docks for the next time you come by to trade."

He said trying to sound more persuasive than annoyed since he'd come from a larger city where everybody haggled all the time. He then pulled a small pot from his bag carefully and held it up "This might also help with any ladies who might be waiting for you at the next port too. Maybe to the missus?"

Mina looked over at him as the man stood up and crossed his arms. “I told her is was six good and the potion.” He sneered at him and then looked at the vial as he smirked a little rising an eyebrow at him. “I don’t need help with the ladies.” He grinned at Mina. “She knows I gotta make a living. Nothing personal.” He winked at her. “At least till you want it to be.”

Mina threw her hands in the hair and handed over the six gold and the bottled potion she had and sighed. “Yeah, no thanks. I’d take him up on his offer. You clearly need some help!” She snarked off as she took her goods. The fisherman grabbed her arm.

“Is that anyway to talk too a hard working man.” He gripped her wrist and Mina’s eyes blazed in anger.

“You are making a big mistake!” She sneered back as some of the local officers seemed to see the disturbance and come over.

Katsu was a little surprised by the man's bold actions and clearly rude behavior. "Sir I recommend you release her before we both get into trouble for our actions." As he spoke his hands were weaving small brown lines of magic into the air that changed colors based on the spell. "Diamond skin, Mithril coating, Centered core, Steady mind, Draconic Reinforcement." Katsu was stacking defensive spells on himself and the girl before reinforcing his own hands to be harder than stone. His fists felt heavy from the increased density and reinforcement, he really hated doing this since he preferred to create things but he'd heard the saying about omelets a few too many times.

He winked at the young lady knowing she was almost more sturdy than a building due to his magic and then swung his heavy hand at the fisherman with most of mass behind the blow. He has very rarely used this spell combination before but he knew it didn't increase the strength of his swings too much but gave enough defense to bend blades. The few people he had hit with it had later said he'd smacked them with a brick so it was certainly effective at the very least.

Katsu aimed his swing very carefully and quickly for the man's liver knowing that area was the most sensitive place on the body regardless of race or gender or even species.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back