Story A short excerpt about a high school band accidentally scheduled to play at an agricultural festival.

Ego

The Chained Nightmare
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"So Carl remind me why we're doing this thing again?"

Carl looked at the boy before him and sighed then sheepishly turned away and muttered.

"I was in a hurry, ok" He said meeting his friend's gaze

His friend continued to stare at him causing Carl to speak once again.

"Can we drop this thing already Luke. I've already apologized"

"An apology won't do much considering the kind of scenario we've landed in. I'm surprised hobbyists like ourselves were even invited" Luke said

He looked out the window beside him and began strumming his guitar.

"They're not looking for a professional performance. Us being amateurs is a plus" Carl said

He stood up and walked up to the window and followed Luke's line of sight.

"So what's the main issue here? We've performed enough times so I'm sure it's not a skill issue. Are our members not so keen on doing this?" Carl said as he folded his hands

Luke stopped strumming as he turned to Carl.

"Of course they aren't. This is our first performance before a crowd I can’t say we're ready for something of this caliber" Luke said confidently then returned to strumming his guitar

Carl began walking then stopped at the door.

"We need to start somewhere and this festival is as good a place as any. Can I count on you to convince the others?" Carl asked as he didn't turn back

He stood there for a while until Luke finally spoke

"Fine but if this thing fails you're taking the fall" he said with a sarcastic smile

"Sure I'm fine with being blamed, good luck" Carl said as he exited the room

Luke looked on after him. He sighed as he placed his guitar away and stood up.

"Guess I'll give the two of them a call"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back