• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Shifting Creature and Their Human

Raema

Floof
(If you are interested please PM me instead of replying to this thread!)

I come to you with one very specific craving that is an extremely resilient itch I've been trying to scratch for a pairing:

Magical Creature x Human

That is all. One pairing with a host of ideas that feed into it. The core concepts being that the creature is magical in some way and can shape shift into a humanoid form. Regular human? Fae? Human with animal features? Elf? Something like a satyr? Anthro? Some sort of mix? Whatever! Their true nature is a secret, and remains a secret, from the human who came across them until the big reveal after they have had the chance to spend time together. Setting is wide open! High fantasy, Medieval, Western, Steam Punk, Victorian, Modern, Cyber Punk, far future, apocalyptic... Hit me. I'm down for any, just, y'know, there will be some 'magic'

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's an East India Trading Company ship's worth of tea for me. I can't get enough of the dynamic and I have a bunch of ideas that lean into it. See below for those, but first a bit about me and what I'm looking for!

~~ About Me ~~
■ I'm very friendly and I love to chat OOC - in fact, I almost want to list OOC chat as a requirement but I won't go that far. I'm just very chatty and personable! If you want to add me on Discord to plot, chat, or whatever I'm happy to do it there or stick to PMs.
■ I prefer to RP with partners who are 18+, since I am personally
■ My posts are usually 3+ paragraphs. The shorter the reply, though, the more often I can reply back - I also tend to get pretty invested in stories I love... nothing makes me happier than rapid-fire responses back and forth that maintain quality
■ I usually play a cast of characters. Friends, enemies, neutral, one-off and recurring. It all helps to build out the world
■ I prefer MxF pairings but can play either role. I'm just as comfortable writing male as female

~~ What I'm Looking For ~~
■ Write in third person past-tense, and be able to give me at least 2-3 readable paragraphs. Write with some detail. If I can't understand a reply I have a hard time replying back, so while I don't care too much about typos or grammar errors if they get to be too much it makes things difficult
■ Be able to handle occasional darker plots and subject matter. If you have any triggers we can discuss that beforehand and avoid them but I love writing with darker themes and almost always include them
■ Actively help with the plot. I love building a collaborative story or I wouldn't be RPing!
■ A story with the pairing that kicked off this post and involves an equal mix of adventure, romance, drama, even a bit of slice of life (because sometimes the characters just want to hang out in a town for a while)

Need some ideas to get your brain juice flowing? Happy to help there. Keep in mind these are just a few concepts, if you have your own that leans into the dynamic I'm looking for please reach out. I'd love to hear it.

Plot Hooks

A mercenary, out for revenge for a past wrong, finally kills the person they're after - and discovers something unexpected: a (whatever creature!). Against their better judgement they free the creature from its confinement, not realizing that without anywhere else for the creature to turn they just signed themselves up to take care of it. (Any Setting, Any Creature - something fluffy in mind... wolf/fox/big cat)

A novice mage, newly graduated from their magical academy, is ready to set out into the world and start solving people's problems. Only one step remains before they can go on their journey: they need a familiar, and no animal has bonded to them. As a last-ditch effort they go to a shady market in the city and discover a creature that has an unmistakable bond. (Fantasy, Any Creature) FULL

Long-thought extinct, a character comes across a magical being chained in a forest and being drained of its blood. (Any Setting, Any Creature - Unicorn in mind)

Late at night, a noise wakes a character who finds a large, injured animal on their doorstep. (Any Setting, Any Creature - something fluffy in mind)

An odd creature is captured and brought into a lab. It's too smart, too large for what it's supposed to be, and too interesting looking to be normal but there is no information on it. A character is assigned to study it and get whatever information they can. (Any Setting, Any Creature)

While walking late at night, a character is ambushed by attackers all dressed in black. With their death all-but-certain, a creature bursts onto the scene to protect them. (Any Setting, Any Creature)

The ruling family of a fantasy empire has had a gem in their family for centuries that has been passed down their line as a treasure fabled to keep them safe. During a bloody coup an assassination attempt is made on the heir to the empire. The gem is shattered in a scuffle and that protection ends up being literal as a creature is freed from a cloud of mist. It is forced to flee with that heir for both their sakes (Fantasy, Any Creature - Dragon in mind) FULL

Humanity has spread throughout our galaxy, but has never come into contact with any other life. During a routine transport mission between core planets and the frontier worlds a distress signal is picked up - on the correct frequency, but using sounds that only vaguely resemble words. (Futuristic, Any Creature - Anthro shifter possible)

A traveller/caravan/whatever group of people come across a destroyed caravan/encampment/town. The sole living thing left is an animal crumpled on the ground, covered in blood that isn't their own. (Any Setting, Any Creature)

A war between two fantasy nations resulted in the development of a new, dangerous kind of magic - capable of killing entire settlements with a single spell while leaving everything nonliving behind. It developed into an 'arms race', delving deeper and deeper into those forbidden magics, until its knowledge spread. Nobody remembers much past that, but the devestation and the dead world it left behind is clear. Small pockets of people survived, and during a supply run for one of those surviving areas the recovery team comes across a creature that had never been seen before (Post-Apocalyptic) FULL

Last edited:
Back from what was essentially a never-ending RP coma of mainlining Elden Ring in my free time to BUMP my thread. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back