What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Quest A Shapeless, Formless Mass

Sub Genres
Adventure, Magical

Higuu

New Member
. . .




. . .




. . .




awareness comes back to you slowly, at first, and then it hits you in the face like an errant pen that you had been twirling and accidentally thrown into your eye.

maybe.

maybe that metaphorical pen blinded you, because.

you can't see.

there is light and shadow and something slowly moving around in repetitive motions, but everything is blurry and colorless and rather… black, to be quite honest.



so.

you're blind. but you can feel.



you are on top of something soft. not soft like pillows and blankets and fluffy animals, soft like… grass and fresh dirt and…

well.

you cannot feel your arms or legs, so that is. worrying.

the soft feeling is just on… your stomach. your bottom?

hmmm. your best bet would most likely be to imagine yourself as a… cube, maybe? you know you have a top and a bottom and sides, you are three-dimensional, but you…

you feel like you might not be human anymore.

anyways.



you can tell which direction is up and which is down, even though you can't see. you can feel that you're laying on something that seems rather. natural. perhaps it is grass after all.

> remember
> move
> [write-in]
 
> remember

No eyes? No limbs?
How about we stay where we are? Let's meditate for a moment. Maybe we can even get a little philosophical about it. If we spend some time thinking about our situation, we might even remember something.
 

Higuu

New Member
you decide to settle down and attempt to make sense of what, exactly, is happening to you. you can't remember much, but— what you assume happened yesterday is less foggy than the other memories.

it had been a rather normal day. you woke up, got dressed, ate breakfast, went to... to...

... somewhere.

and then you came back home hours later, threw off your shoes, choked down your nightly dose of ambitropin, and collapsed into your bed.

and then you were unbearably, spontaneously thirsty. from past experiences, it would be even more difficult to fall asleep if you just ignored it, so you pull yourself out of your oh-so-comfortable bed.

maybe it was a mixture of the sleep meds and the darkness and the general fuzziness of sleep deprivation that lead to you slipping on the stairs. the last thing you saw was a rather large shadow (likely the handrail) heading at an alarming speed towards your forehead.

and then.

everything



just





blanked.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

and that's all well and good. but. what are you? who are you..?

... you think you might have been...

> a bookworm
> a social butterfly
> an outdoors lover
> [Write In]
 

TheG

Easily Frightened
>An outdoors lover
It is quite soft underneath us, that's pleasant! Must mean we like it out here.
 

Higuu

New Member
[Ambient Music]
you decide that you must have been a nature lover because of how familiar the grass feels. it's almost nostalgic.

you're reminded of the scent of an oncoming storm, of pine needles and picking burrs off of your pants, of stopping to listen to the birds sing to each other.

the soft wind whistling around you tells that you must be either surrounded by trees or near them. if you listen closely, you might hear the leaves rustling about.

this environment, these woods… you're in your element. that realization fills you with a rather pleasant sense of contentedness.

> bask in the peace
> inspect your surroundings
> move around
> [write-in]
 

TheG

Easily Frightened
>Inspect your surroundings
It's good we're at ease, with a clear mind we should now be able to take in our surroundings accurately. Let's relax later, where are we, really?
 

Higuu

New Member
perhaps a bit of investigation is called for?

you wiggle around a bit, trying to figure out what exactly is happening with your new body. you feel a bit… bodyless, as though you've no shape or structure at all. the most similar animal you can remember to that description… well, the first to come to mind would be jellyfish, but there are others— the only problem with that is the fact that you are definitely on land, and must have a very developed brain to be able to process thoughts as complex as these … unless you don't have a brain at all, but that's a rather ridiculous notion.

you focus on the ground beneath you and are surprised to actually taste it. it's not the most pleasant, but you instinctively recognize that there's a decent amount of silt mixed into the other various particle-sized debris. that meant there might be a lake or river near here.

your rudimentary heat sense tells you that it's a bit chilly outside, and it most likely will only get colder as days pass.

you don't know if you're resistant to anything, or are able to protect yourself in any way, though you doubt many things would want to attack whatever useless blob of mush you are right now.

> move around
> locate water
> [write-in]
 

TheG

Easily Frightened
>Move around
Well, eating dirt wasn't my first idea, but it works! If it's cold and getting colder, we should probably get moving, we're not finding out our rate of survival the hard way if we can help it. There should be something interesting around. Let's stay away from any large bodies of water until we really need it, what if we drown?
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top