• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

3lmer

Grizzled Novice
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! My name's blah5511 - or Elmer, whichever you prefer. I suppose I should preface this by saying that although I’m an experienced writer and roleplayer, I’m comparatively very inexperienced when it comes to the roleplaying scene at large, so if this ad sounds a bit amateurish, it’s because it is. I don't know what to say or exactly how to say it when writing this stuff, so if anything needs clarification, by all means let me know and I can elaborate. I am in my 20s, use male pronouns, and am on Pacific time.

What I’m looking for is a competent writer with a passion for worldbuilding, storytelling, and literate/advanced literate (are those the terms people use?) roleplay. Typically I write in speculative fiction settings, and I absolutely adore post-post-apocalypses. Adventure stories are my favourite; journeys through hardship and conflict are my narrative bread and butter. Sorry, but stories taking place in the real world don't interest me. A large part of the fun of roleplay, to me, is figuring out the world we'll be writing in and working collaboratively on the plot and setting. I roleplay in the third person, present tense, but I’m flexible with the latter. Discord is my platform of choice.

Now, here’s the deal breaker. Although I don’t consider myself a furry, I pretty much exclusively roleplay anthro characters, and would prefer if my partner did the same. Don’t get me wrong here, there’s no connotations behind this; I simply find them a lot more interesting and flexible to write with, as they don’t carry the narrative baggage that Humans do.

What I’m not looking for is a romance plot. I'm not totally opposed to it being a part of a story, but if that ever becomes a thing, boundaries are a must-have. Fandom/established universe stuff is also off-limits. I’d prefer if whatever settings and characters we come up with are original.

Anyone I write with must be 20+, no exceptions.

As for writing length, I tend to prefer at least a paragraph or two per post, but I totally understand that terse replies simply flow better sometimes. Longer form and detail is generally preferred, though. I can write up NPCs galore if that's what you want, or we can keep it an isolated adventure between just two characters. When I've roleplayed in the past, my preferred format for it is in "sessions": schedule a time and go back and forth for a while instead of a sporadic post here and there. It helps me keep my focus, and I generally put out better content that way.

I do have a handful of limits, the biggest of which is that your character must be an adult. Most everything else I'm willing to discuss.

I’ve been a writer for close to a decade and a half now, and although I’ve never published anything, I recently got into a creative writing degree program. I write all kinds of characters; male, female, and others are all in my arsenal, and I generally don’t have much of a preference as to what my partner plays. Planned pairings are sort of an alien concept to me, as is the notion of seeking out roleplay in this kind of format.

If you want a sample of some dialogue I've written in the past, give this a read.

Writing is, to me, one of the best ways to make friends - and I guess that's mostly what this ad is for. I'd love to meet more people who are really into building a setting and deep characters, and who love to chat and hang out outside of roleplaying.

If this is something you’re interested in, send me a DM any time and I’ll get back to you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back