• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Safe House For Monsters

But how are there a bunch of places and things for them to do if they can't leave the house? This feels self-contradictory

I mean are the kids going to go into town and interact with the oppressed villagers or are they gonna be stuck out in Nowhere, Minnesota the whole time

But how are there a bunch of places and things for them to do if they can't leave the house? This feels self-contradictory

I mean are the kids going to go into town and interact with the oppressed villagers or are they gonna be stuck out in Nowhere, Minnesota the whole time
I never said they will be stuck in the house all the time. The house is in the large woods. There are lots of undiscovered places for them to find! I mean a character can stay in the house the whole time if they want. But otherwise, I would expect that people would be all over the woods. But that's up to them, ya know. Be free! But Don't go to the town without permission.

Trust me, they will find plenty. I've seen rps that last weeks within the span of 1 day in 1 room, character interaction is actually pretty slow, too much stuff and things will be stretched too far

Okay but "explore the woods" does still not imply any kind of interaction with the villagers?
Like we seem to be going from A to C but entirely circumventing B which is the far more compelling storyline of the local townsfolk and their interactions with the monster kids and how they grow from an uneasy peace to, like, genuinely supporting each other or maybe go into that whole witch mafia cursing everyone thing like any of this would be far more interesting to play off than "go dick around in the swamp/your swamp shack" you know cuz one actually expands the basic setting in an engaging way and the other is kinda barebones

I'm interested! Love some fantasy slice-of-life. How often are you looking for posts?
Well it is a pretty slow rp and I do know that most people are in school and college right now. So I would like you to at least be active enough but if you really can't then that is fine. Just make sure that the person you are currently interacting with is fine with a little bit of a wait. I can usually pop out one or two posts a day depending on when the other person posts. So it's just up to everyone else when they can post. Just don't make it months until you post lol!

Okay but "explore the woods" does still not imply any kind of interaction with the villagers?
Like we seem to be going from A to C but entirely circumventing B which is the far more compelling storyline of the local townsfolk and their interactions with the monster kids and how they grow from an uneasy peace to, like, genuinely supporting each other or maybe go into that whole witch mafia cursing everyone thing like any of this would be far more interesting to play off than "go dick around in the swamp/your swamp shack" you know cuz one actually expands the basic setting in an engaging way and the other is kinda barebones
It's not a swamp shack lol, it almost was but it isn't! And I never said (or don't remember saying) that the monsters would be interacting with the towns people. So nothing is going to "imply an interaction with them." Seeing as it's stated in the first post I made that "far away from the humans who wish to harm their kind." When the time comes and as we hope the rp lasts that long, we will have events that may do just what it is you want. I have ideas and plans.
The rpers will be the ones who make this interesting with what they do. I may have plans but who knows what may happen in the rp where you are kinda free to do what you want. Interacting with the towns folk and seeing the witch lore is not the biggest part of the fucking rp right now. This is a slow ass little slice of life rp and I am sorry if you wanted more lore and adventure. You want me to fax you the lore papers when I'm done? Because right now, everyone will be dicking around. Hard.

Me gusta lol

It’s a cute concept and I’ve already got a character drawn that I think could work for this.

Well it is a pretty slow rp and I do know that most people are in school and college right now. So I would like you to at least be active enough but if you really can't then that is fine. Just make sure that the person you are currently interacting with is fine with a little bit of a wait. I can usually pop out one or two posts a day depending on when the other person posts. So it's just up to everyone else when they can post. Just don't make it months until you post lol!
Lovely! I can't post too often, a couple times a week, maybe more, but I'm still super interested!

Slice of life still implies life tho, like the everyday interactions that make people function they're almost completely founded in the introduction of new characters to drive the storyline and more to the point what's the appeal of playing a pack of idiot hicks who do nothing but steal power/gas/cable and have zero impact on their surroundings because they're all tied up in the woods
Actually looking at that from an outsider's perspective isn't this basically just a cult compound?

Slice of life still implies life tho, like the everyday interactions that make people function they're almost completely founded in the introduction of new characters to drive the storyline and more to the point what's the appeal of playing a pack of idiot hicks who do nothing but steal power/gas/cable and have zero impact on their surroundings because they're all tied up in the woods
Actually looking at that from an outsider's perspective isn't this basically just a cult compound?
I mean, interaction can come from differences between characters, not just new locations/characters. This may just not be the RP for you man :)

They aren't idiot Hicks unless they wanna be, they don't do nothing but steal, and this is nowhere near being a cult compound. Although I do love me some good cult shit. But the monster house is not cult like setting.

I mean, a bunch of impressionable kids in an isolated setting being led around by an authority figure who has no relation to them
Tells them that the outside world is evil and wants to hurt them
Apparently threatens the townsfolk to stay away
Sounds pretty cult compound, man

I mean, a bunch of impressionable kids in an isolated setting being led around by an authority figure who has no relation to them
Tells them that the outside world is evil and wants to hurt them
Apparently threatens the townsfolk to stay away
Sounds pretty cult compound, man
Fuck, i should've done that!
But I didn't! So it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back