• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Safe House For Monsters

Magical Squid Senpai

A big mistake
Howdy, and welcome to the worst interest check ever. My name is Squid and I will be making a rp about a large group of monsters who are being taken care of by one witch, Mama Rose. Mama Rose keeps her sweet ones safe in an old house set in the woods. These little monsters stay safe in the woods, far away from the humans who wish to harm their kind.

This is a slice of life rp. You and your new monster friend can run around the woods and have fun. Sure there will be little events but otherwise this is a calm rp. You will obviously be playing a monster, not a towns person or pure human. You can be any monster you want that can fit in a house or atleast have somewhere to sleep outside. Like you can't be a giant dragon. I don't know what else to say or if I did this right. But it's not like I care if you are interested or not, I-I have friends who will join! Baka!
Join my rp when I finally get it up

What's the time period the rp takes place in?

Last edited:
What's the time period,the rp takes place in?
The rp will be set in modern times. But the town outside of the woods is a backwards kind of town where they just don't have the newest technology and news. The witches house is also the same. The kids will not have phones and the tv in the house is from the 90's.

The rp will be set in modern times. But the town outside of the woods is a backwards kind of town where they just don't have the newest technology and news. The witches house is also the same. The kids will not have phones and the tv in the house is from the 90's.
Dang. I wanted to do the "online friends that can't meet irl" thing, but I suppose that it's not a deal-breaker.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in joining. Would a werewolf character be acceptable to play as?
Yes! Anything like that is acceptable. The basic monsters and any monsters that is strange or new. Like slimes, Kitsunes, bat people.

Dang. I wanted to do the "online friends that can't meet irl" thing,but I suppose that it's not a deal-breaker.
Well. I guess you could have a pen pal through writing a letter? But could you pm me and explain to me more what you have in mind and would be doing?

Well. I guess you could have a pen pal through writing a letter? But could you pm me and explain to me more what you have in mind and would be doing?
It's fairly simple. Character has friends online that they play video games with and such, but can't even send selfies, let alone meet them in person. A pen pal wouldn't really work due to correspondence times.

It's fairly simple. Character has friends online that they play video games with and such, but can't even send selfies, let alone meet them in person. A pen pal wouldn't really work due to correspondence times.
The latest technology that the kids have is a gamecube, Gameboy color, and a vcr with their tv. They do not have wifi and if they happened to then you better bet your sweet rump that they will be using old ass AOL with dial tone louder then the croaking frogs. If you really wanted to have a buddy like that they you would have to write a message in a bottle and let it float down the river or leave it at the edge of the woods or have something carry it away. I don't know.

The latest technology that the kids have is a gamecube, Gameboy color, and a vcr with their tv. They do not have wifi and if they happened to then you better bet your sweet rump that they will be using old ass AOL with dial tone louder then the croaking frogs. If you really wanted to have a buddy like that they you would have to write a message in a bottle and let it float down the river or leave it at the edge of the woods or have something carry it away. I don't know.
I just thought it would be a cool idea, given that these sorts of stories usually have a plot point where the characters sneak out to get a look at the outside world, but, as I said, it's not a deal-breaker.

I just thought it would be a cool idea, given that these sorts of stories usually have a plot point where the characters sneak out to get a look at the outside world, but, as I said, it's not a deal-breaker.
I mean it would be a cool idea and the characters will definitely try to sneak out. But they just don't have the technology, ya know? And I am sure if a kid did come with a cellphone they wouldn't be able to do anything because no service lol

So why not just set this in the 90's because honestly I think that'd be more fun than "it's the modern day but inexplicably no functional electronics"
Cuz I live in the boonies and rednecks all have smartphones man, all of em

Could we ourselves play an Apprentice Witch/Warlock, would you count them as a kind of monster?

I'm not 100% sure on what I want to play, but i'm interested regardless!

Last edited:
I mean it would be a cool idea and the characters will definitely try to sneak out. But they just don't have the technology, ya know? And I am sure if a kid did come with a cellphone they wouldn't be able to do anything because no service lol
Dude. I get it. I said I had other ideas I can work with.

So why not just set this in the 90's because honestly I think that'd be more fun than "it's the modern day but inexplicably no functional electronics"
Cuz I live in the boonies and rednecks all have smartphones man, all of em
Well this just goes well with the idea I have. The Witches want the town to stay the same.

If the witches are politically powerful enough to kick out the phone companies and lock the locals yokels out of 30-some years of societal and technological development, why are they hiding in a swamp? Just bullying the locals into not lynching literal children seems a lot faster and easier unless this is like amish country or something
Actually, rather than being in some compound in the middle of nowhere, wouldn't it be better to just have an uneasy peace where the freak children are tolerated due to witch interference but openly disliked? It seems kinda stifling to have one single location for the whole game

yes ill defintly join got a nice idea for a person, well would you be ok with a dragon, but like its ability to have a humanoid form?,

oh and mabye a shapeshifting slime :D

well that is if its ok

If the witches are politically powerful enough to kick out the phone companies and lock the locals yokels out of 30-some years of societal and technological development, why are they hiding in a swamp? Just bullying the locals into not lynching literal children seems a lot faster and easier unless this is like amish country or something
Actually, rather than being in some compound in the middle of nowhere, wouldn't it be better to just have an uneasy peace where the freak children are tolerated due to witch interference but openly disliked? It seems kinda stifling to have one single location for the whole game
The older towns people know that the monster kids are there. They hate the witches family and the kids. There is a curse, people are afraid of the witch and stay away from her. It's not like this is the first rp to have the characters in one place, ya know? Think of school rps lol. I sort of have an idea for why the town is like that. But at the same time, I just thought it was a neat idea to have the town be like that. Just an unknown town set in old ways as if it's trapped in time. There could still be lots of places and things for the kids to do.

It's a fantasy Rp, don't try to add logic to it. Anyway, 90% of rps are in one location. It's not a game it's an RP, if you want an RP where monsters are trying to deal with humans who hate them, make it yourself, because this isn't that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back