• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A RP

How much do you love Raeney?

• 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alex turned to face Jess. "Don't worry, you're always perfect." He kissed her forehead lightly and carefully pulled her into an embrace, doing his best not to hurt her.

Brenner's gaze followed Lyra with a resigned sadness. He was too weak to fight back, and even with his fiery personality he knew this. Bren let out a loud sigh and let himself be dragged away. ~timeskip to when Bren is penned in and still tied with wire in the castles guard training field. Lyra can be somewhere else~

"Is that just a nice way of you saying that I was terrible?" Jess asked, her arms wrapping around him and one of her legs stretching out and resting against his. "Because I feel like it is." She said, smiling even though was was terrified that she had actually done horribly and she hadn't pleased him in the slightest.

"No, I wouldn't lie to you." Alex laughed softly. "Take a chill pill." (There's like nothing left to do now that they're together so let's make an ending)

Anya held onto Kethro's arm, her body trembling and her eyes wide. "We can't just leave my father." She tried, looking around desperately, hoping that she'd catch at least a glimpse of him. She cried out as the stairs leading to her room collapsed, the heat having burned away it's support system, causing it to crash to the floor.

(I dunno what lyra is gonna do for now so lemme just do this)

"Is this the beast you were all squawking about?" A voice demanded before a boot came down hard on the tip of Brenner's snout. "I've seen scarier birds than this disappointing creature." The same voice snarled, a whip striking across Brenner's scales. "Wake up, you sad excuse for a dragon! Open your eyes and behold your captor."

"Mhm.. Sure you wouldn't." Jess muttered before laughing as well and kissing Alex's neck softly. "Even if I did do badly, I've got plenty of time to practice." She teased, her eyes closing with a sigh.

Kethro's elven swiftness kicked in and she leapt forward, grabbing Anya and pulling her outside of the building just as a burning support beam crashed down where the princess had just been. "He is already dead. His workshop is upstairs and would have been first to burn."

Dragon scales were harder than metal, so the whip didn't do much, and neither did the man's boot. Of course, Brenner could still feel both even if they weren't painful. He opened his mouth wide as the man put weight on his snout. This made the man lose balance and fall on his back, giving Bren an opening to snap down on the man's leg up to just above the knee. The limb was severed cleanly and all this time Brenner still hadn't opened his eyes.

"So you're planning a future for us already?" Alex asked teasingly, but he was doing the same as what he asked. He'd never been quite so enraptured by a girl as he was by Jess, be they younger or older than him. Let the law be damned; their relationship would prove stronger than the word of some legislator. Alex held Jess tight, smiling to himself. Some people said having a true partner was to lose your freedom, but Alex knew then that this wasn't the end for him and his happiness. Instead, it was the beginning.

"You don't know that! How could you possibly know that?" Anya demanded, ripping herself away from Kethro's grip and staring into the burning doorway of her home. "We don't even know that he was here. Maybe he already fled with the others!" She tried, looking back at her friend, desperately trying to keep herself from realizing the reality of the situation she was in. Her father was dead. There was no changing that. But she couldn't bring herself to believe it.

The man screeched in agony, blood pouring from his now severed leg and pooling around him. "I want that damned beast killed!" He managed to snarl through gritted teeth as guards came to his aid and attempted to stop the bleeding. The blood seemed to stop flowing for a moment, but that was only because there was no blood left to flow. The man had stopped breathing for quite some time, but the men didn't seem to realize.

"Get a muzzle on that thing! I don't care how you do it, but get it done." A guard shouting, dragging the now limp man away from Brenner. Another guard began to slash at Brenner's scales with his sword, infuriated by what he had done. "I say we torture him before killing him off. Make the thing wish it had never been born!"

Lyra stumbled around blindly through the forest, her mind clouded with grief and her thoughts hazy as she tried to follow the footprints of the guards. "They had to have come this way. They must have." She kept telling herself, the image of Brenner being dragged away replaying in her mind over and over again. ~I'm going to find you, Brenner. I swear it.~ She thought silently, her body trembling with anger at the fact that she couldn't do anything to stop it.

"I'll not let you act like an ignorant git for the sake of your father who would never appreciate the effort anyway!" Kethro went to grab Anya again but instead had to protect her from two oncoming enemies. After a few brief seconds taken to disarm and kill the men, Kethro turned back to Anya. "If we don't leave, we will be the only ones left in this village. We must leave or we shall die."

Brenner began to jerk away from the attacks, but he was seized by an involunary tremor. This miniature seizure spread his wings and whipped his tail, knocking around and injuring the guards beside him. Bren dropped to the ground, shaking the earth beneath him. He lay stretched out, only half conscious as he changed involuntarily into a human. Naked Human Brenner squinted at the guards beginning to pull themselves to their feet. His hair stuck to his forehead with sweat and his skin burned with a fever. He could scarcely move of his own choice. Bren's neck grew weak and his head fell to the ground, cheek pressed against the hard-packed dirt as Brenner's vision hazed.

Anya stared at Kethro, obviously hurt, but she knew that she was right. She glanced at the house once more before nodding, tears rolling down her cheeks. "We must hurry then." She said, her voice almost a whisper.

The men stared at Brenner, confused at what they should do next. The girl had been right? But how could she possibly have known? "Witchcraft." One of them hissed, the other soon murmuring with agreement. They closed in on Brenner, grabbing him roughly and bringing him to his feet. "Boy, tell us where the girl is!" A man with a thick metal helmet on growled, shaking Brenner viciously to try to keep him conscious for as long as possible. "What kind of magic is this? Tell us! How is this possible? How did she perform such a spell?"

Only once they were in the woods did Kethro pause, knowing Anya had questions. "Anything you'd like to discuss? We've a long journey ahead of us to the nearest baron-controlled town."

The vigorous shaking scrambled Bren's thoughts further. He heaved, but he hadn't eaten in days. Pure bile pooled on the dirt, and Brenner grimaced at the burning in his throat. "I don't know," he gasped. "She's not my responsibility." He attempted to push the guard off of him but was not nearly strong enough in his current state.

"How did you.. Learn to do all of that? You must've had some sort of training.. But why would you train for something such things? I've never had any training of any kind. But you killed those men like it was nothing. Like you'd done it before.."

The men stepped away from Brenner in disgust, letting him drop to the ground and land in his own bodily fluids. "Search the area. Find the girl. And bring her back here." The apparent leader of the group said, the men quickly doing as they were told. Once they had all left, the man crouched down to Brenner and grabbed a fist full of his hair, yanking him up to where he was eye level with the boy. "Now that we're alone.. You're going to tell me how all of this is possible." He growled before dragging him to the torturing chamber.

-Timeskip- You can do your little torture segment now and make it horrific and stuff and then we can have another timeskip to when hes about to get his head chopped off and stuffies XD

"I've not told you everything about me," Kethro replied with no hesitation. "I am trained to fight as a guard. When I was young--around your age--I was the best warrior of the last millennia. I'm much older than i say i am." Kethro winked.

(I'll torture him later cuz Pat distracts me and I can't really get into it while they're here)

Anya’s cheeks flushed lightly and she stepped away from Kethro, her arms crossed. “Why did you not tell me this? I thought you could trust me.” She asked, a bit annoyed and hurt that Kethro couldn’t confide in her with such information. “And I thought we were born in the same nursery together! Has our whole life together been a complete lie?” She added, having no clue as to how old her friend could possibly be at this point.

Kethro shook her head, dismayed. "No, there are a few lies you've believed, but most of your life I have been truthful with you. I am your friend and your cousin. That is a truth, but I am nearly one hundred years old."

The men grabbed Bren by the arms and legs and lifted his prone form, hauling him to a nearby ramshackle building seperate from the palace. They brought Brenner inside, and his bleary vision revealed there only to be one decent-sized room with metal walls and dozens of frightening tools. The man that stood in the center appeared almost unhinged, his shaggy beard knotted and speckld with food. His long, thinning hair was tied back at the nape of his neck but unruly strands escaped and hung in front of his wide, tremoring eyes. "Bring him in, bring him in," the man called, words rushed and shaky like he didn't quite know how to communicate well. He walked slightly hunched over like an animal. Bren felt absolute terror in this moment, being treated like nothing more than an unruly babe. He couldn't fight back, and these men would take advantage of it.

“How is that even possible? Why is this happening? Why did you have to train? What were you training for?” She questioned, now beginning to get frightened. “Did you know this would happen? We’re you preparing for it all along? Tell me what is going on. I demand to know! I have a right to know why I just left my father to burn to death!”

The men were uncertain of whether or not they should stick around, but when the man went to grab his most favored tools, they decided that they would find entertainment elsewhere. “Keep him alive as long as possible. Gather as much information about him in the girl as possible. If he doesn’t talk by daylight, we’ll hold an execution.”

Kethro shook her head disappointedly. "You must truly know nothing of your own race... We can live up to 200 or 250 years; much longer than humans. I am around ninety years old, so I don't appear much older than you. You've got a different bit of blood in you that makes you grow at the pace of a human. I'm not sure why that is, exactly."

The man giggled like a pleased child once Bren was laid down. Brenner attempted to roll off the metal table but the man grabbed him and pinned down his limbs, tying them down with leather straps attached to the table. He was stronger than he looked.

"Are ya gonna tell me 'bout the girl they're speaking of? Are ya gonna deprive me of my fun?" Bren gathered all the spit in his dry mouth to spit at the man. Missing, of course, but it's the thought that counts.

"So that's how is going ta be..." The man grinned and went to the simmering coals in the fireplace, picking up the pole of the metal brand. Bren squirmed at the sight of it but to no avail. The man brought the brand closer. "Are ya sure?" he asked, and when Bren didnt reply he just nodded. "Alrighty." He pressed the brand into Bren's upper stomach. Brenner clenched his fists and ground his teeth as not to scream. This was going to be the worst few hours of his life.

Anya sighed, not exactly knowing how to react to all the information she had just gathered from her friend. “Are you at least still a girl? Or is that a lie too?” She asked after a moment, trying to to lighten the mood with a joke.

The court was alive with murmuring whispers, the townspeople and higher ups of the community all chitchatting about how excited they were to withess their first execution. The king sat upon the thrown, the cutting block placed a few feet in front of him.

“Silence!” He bellowed, the room suddenly going so quiet you could hear a pen drop. “Bring in the accused.” He growled, waving his hand that was decorated with large gold rings.

Lyra shoved her way through the crowd, a cloak causing a shadow to hang over her face. With her slim figure, she was able to get a position in the front. “What’s happening?” She asked a woman next to her. The woman snorted in annoyance. “An execution. Now hush girl before I send you back to the stables where you belong.” Lyra stared at the cutting block, her body going stiff.

"I'm fairly certain I am female?" Kethro laughed. (Ahhhh i dont remember what i had planned next so ill look back later. Temporarily dropped)

The large, heavy wooden doors to the chamber swung open and Bren walked in with two guards flanking him. Well, to say he walked was a bit generous. His feet more dragged than anything, and his head was bowed. When he lifted his head weakly for a moment to glance up at the king, his face was visibly bruised and bloodied. Bren was dressed now in raggedy clothes that practically hung off of him and showed blood through the tears.

The guards dragged Bren to the executioner's block and dropped him on his knees. Bren grunted and his legs folded beneath him. The executioner lifted his upper body and positioned Brenner at the block. Bren's shoulders burned from how his arms were tied behind his back.

"This boy is not nearly as fearsome as you made him out to be," the king said to the guards beside him. "This spawn of the devil shall die today! He is weak before the almighty fist of my reign!"

“If the spawn of the devil is to die today, then you should be the one bowed before the block, not him!” Lyra shouted, and the crowd shoved her out into the open, the cowards not wanting to be blamed for her outburst. She stumbled, almost falling, but she was able to keep herself standing, the cloak falling from her head and her face coming into the light. “That’s her! That’s the witch we lost in the forest!” A guard snarled, his sword being drawn from its sheath. “I demand that you untie him and let us go free! Or I swear your fate will be worse than the one you had planned for him.” Lyra spat, her amulet being held tightly in her hand as her body trembled with hate and anger.

Brenner moved to lift his head from the block but the executioner put a foot on the back of his neck, pressing him in place. Bren gasped as his lungs were cut off from air.

" You'll not speak to me this way, filthy sorceress! Detain her!" the king commanded, and guards began to rush at Lyra.

Lyra flinched and turned her head away, prepared for the worst, but nothing happened. There was no pain, no anything. She blinked and looked around, and she gasped to see that the men were frozen mid stride in front of her. She loosened her grip on the amulet, and then men suddenly gasped for breath and looked around in confusion. Lyra looked down at the amulet, her eyes wide. It’s power... she had actually harnessed it! She held the amulet out in front of her and she squeezed it as hard as possible, and the men fell to the ground, all of them crying in agony. ~Die.~ she thought silently, and they all jolted once before going still. She looked up at the king, her eyes shaded over with pure hatred. “Release him.”

The king returned the same look. "I'll not leave my kingdom to fall into disrepair because of your filth!" He knew people would begin to panic, and they did. Every citizen began to run, blocking Lyra's view of the king and his guards. They fled out before she could spot them again, and the executioner grabbed Bren as well. They all disappeared before she could do anything at all.

Lyra stood at the front of an army, a large group of men and woman stood behind her, all of them armored and armed with weapons. (Not gonna explain how she got the army cause we just talked about thaaaat) She yelled something to lift their spirits, and they all cheered back before they charged forward, Lyra staying behind as she stared at Brenner, her eyes full of sadness. “How did things come to this..?” She asked herself in a hushed whisper before she followed after her followers, her amulet tied around her wrist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back