• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern β€” 𝒂 π’“π’π’šπ’‚π’ π’π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• 𝒐𝒖𝒕

Characters
Here

natasha.

𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘀𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
a
royal
night out
stardustgalaxy x natasha

charlie janoski
the art student
uni auditorium
intrigued & mortified
Charlotte wasn't usually overly fond of fancy events, even if they were held by the very university she was a student of. But in the name of art, she'd do just about anything. Since being accepted on a scholarship for her exceptional skill in the field, Charlie hasn't disappointed. She was one among many students at the university to give it an even better name. It was formerly known to be one of the best schools in the world, since Alyria was widely known for their stellar education system, but now it was being promoted for the arts as well, and Charlie couldn't be happier about getting that kind of recognition.

The dean had decided to promote a new arts program, as well as doing some revamping of the one that existed, allocating more resources to their department, stuff like that. To inaugurate it all, there was a kind of gala being held in the university's auditorium, which was where Charlie currently was, milling about among several other students, both past and present, and potential future students as well. There were several adults too β€” likely sponsors that helped them gain more resources and equipment β€” but above all, what Charlie noticed was the fact that there was press.

She'd been told earlier in the day that someone important was going to address the gathering. A member of Alyria's royal family. Despite being there for a while, Charlie truly knew nothing about them. She was still kind of an outsider there, even in that very room, but she only felt uncomfortable because these fancy events weren't really her style. Nevertheless, she was interested to see who'd be speaking to them, and she was curious as to what kinds of changes were being made in favour of her department.

Not much time had passed since she arrived, and it was still a little early in the evening so she didn't expect the royal family to address them any time soon. They'd probably want to make an appearance toward the end, though Charlie really knew nothing about the way they worked so it was impossible for her to know. She glanced around to look for her roommate, Blaire, but she was nowhere to be seen either. The two of them had arrived together, but it made sense that her best friend was currently missing in action. She was much more popular, knew many more people. She'd probably been dragged away by one of her several other friends.

Not sure what else to do with herself, Charlie roamed around the room, drink in hand, attempting to mingle with other likeminded people. Before she had the chance to actually speak to someone though, she distracted herself by looking around, and didn't really pay attention to where she was going. As a result, she hardly noticed the person that she bumped into moments later.

It wasn't even a light bump, unfortunately. Her gaze had been focused on something off in the distance, and in hindsight, she should have at least slowed her pace. But no. She just kept walking till she slammed right into the person, sending her drink spilling over the edge of the glass... and onto his clothes. Her curious expression was replaced by one of surprise, and slight embarrassment. She'd just dropped her drink onto a total stranger and she didn't even want to think about the fact that she may have just stained his expensive outfit for this fancy event. Everyone else seemed to be dressed to kill, after all. "Oh god," she murmured, stepping back a bit to assess the damage. "I'm so sorry."

So much for thinking she could make it through the entire night.
mentions: blaire. ; interactions: elliot.

ELLIOT AMBROSE HENDERSON

mood: Can this be over?

outfit: xxx

interactions: charlie natasha. natasha.

For Elliot, this kind of events was the norm, he couldn't remember how many of them he had attended in his life, but all of them remained the same, there was never really interesting happening. Even if he didn't want to be the center of attention, he was always the center of attention, but there was nothing he could do about it, especially since he was the heir of the throne of Alyria.

He wasn't supposed to be the star of this event his major wasn't even related to the arts, but here he was grabbing everyone's attention instead of the art students that now were part of the new art program, they were the ones that people should look up, the future in the art for Alyria, he was just there because he was ordered and because he needed to show that he was there for his people and also as interest in the arts as he was in the other areas of study that Alyria was known.

Was Elliot interested in art? Not really, for him, art was really subjective and one could get different meanings from painting, he preferred the subjects where you would get an objective answer, something tangible that you won't have to use your feelings to understand them, but for some people, this was really interesting so he needed to pretend he was as interest in the subject as everyone else, discussing how the painting of someone expressed anger when he just saw random lines painted on a canvas.

Elliot wandered around the auditorium trying to just get lost around the crowd, and just have some time for himself, but it was almost impossible when there were cameras all over the place recording even the smallest step he made. He listened as the Dean was telling everyone how he decided to promote the new art program, sure it was his idea but still, he approached the prince to pitch the idea so the royal family would agree to finance his idea, but whatever was related to education the royal family would help in any way possible, everything for the future of the people of Alyria.

Elliot wasn't sure if he was too focused on trying to get out of the cameras that he didn't notice the person he bumped off, in other instances, he would just apologize and take the blame knowing that the other person would be completely embarrassed for bumping with someone of the royal family, but this time it wasn't that way, he couldn't take the blame when his clothes were wet from the drink of the person. Could this go worse? He couldn't snap at the stranger it wasn't appropriate and everyone was watching, he could even hear the gasp in everyone around them when the accident happened.

He listened to the murmured expression of the girl that bumped into him, Elliot felt pity for her, she was surely making the headlines in just a couple of minutes for bumping into the prince and spilling her drink, she apologized knowing it was the only thing she could do "Don't worry about it, is my fault I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you okay?" He said to the girl making sure that he was as polite as it was expected from the royal family, he noticed how the murmurs from the people around started going louder, this girl would be remembered for being the one that spilled a drink on the prince of Alyria, if she wanted to have a low profile then it was over.

Elliot took a glance at the girl and was hit with the similarity from someone of his past the same person that broke his heart and disappeared just like that, he couldn't let his emotions take control he was supposed to be collected at all times, he just wanted to leave her but it wouldn't be the appropriate thing to do "For my fault, your drink is gone, let me accompany you to get another before I can go and try to clean myself" He said as he offered his arm to the girl.

codebytriples

charlie janoski
the art student
uni auditorium
still kind of mortified
Charlie still pretty much felt like she could crawl into a hole and stay there for the entirety of the night. She didn't know many people here to begin with, and while she was looking to make friends, this was not how she expected to do it. This was kind of the opposite of making friends, and it could go one of two ways β€” the guy could understand and brush it off, or he could get super pissed and snap at her. Charlie wasn't looking forward to it if he chose the latter.

Fortunately for her, he seemed to be polite about it. She could only breathe a sigh of relief upon hearing him ask if she was okay instead. That made her feel better, even if he had no way to place blame on himself β€” this was all on her. Charlie appreciated him not getting pissed off though. She knew plenty of other girls in that room would have had a fit if she got her drink on one of their extravagant outfits. It was a shame because the guy standing before her was actually dressed quite nicely, and she felt bad for ruining it with her clumsiness and distracted mind.

"I'm fine," she assured him, because nothing had really happened to her. He offered to get her a drink, even though she was at fault, and it got her to smile a little, though bashfully. "It wasn't your fault," she assured again. "But I wouldn't mind a drink."

Blaire would be proud of her for attempting to make a friend. If she were anywhere here, that is.

Charlie still noticed the fact that many gazes seemed to be on them, which she didn't really understand. The guy before her seemed vaguely familiar β€” maybe they shared a class or two? She couldn't quite recall, and she was startlingly oblivious to his true identity, which was probably what stunned people even more. In any case, Charlie was happy to accept his offer because it would be rude not to after she just spilled her drink on him. He was trying to be nice, and she wanted to pay that forward somehow.

"I'm really sorry about your outfit," she added, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly as she began to make her way toward the table full of drinks. There was quite a variety, though Charlie wasn't focusing on any of that at the moment. "I'm Charlie, by the way," she added, holding a hand out in a polite greeting. "I'm sorry if it's incredibly rude of me but you look really familiar. Do we share any classes together?" It made sense if they did. He was here tonight after all, at an event that was held for the art department.
mentions & interactions: elliot.

ELLIOT AMBROSE HENDERSON

mood: Can this be over?

outfit: xxx

interactions: charlie natasha. natasha.

To begin with, Elliot didn't want to be there, he wasn't interested in the party why he had to show up in the first place when he wasn't even in the art program, why he needed to make an appearance he just couldn't skip one of this events and just stay on his study trying to keep his mind busy and not think about how lonely he felt since Gracie left without saying goodbye, now he needed to pretend that everything was okay after a random girl throw his drink on hi, sure it was an accident, but it didn't make Elliot's stay in the event pleasing.

No, he needed to pretend that he wasn't mad and take the blame on him so the girl wouldn't feel bad, instead of snapping at her, sure that wasn't the best solution, but he wasn't sure how much he was going to hold with this facade of the perfect prince, he needed to be polite. Tt would become a scandal if the perfect prince yelled to a poor girl, would it be worse that everyone knew that he wasn't as charming as everyone thought or the punishment by his father would be even worse, either way, it didn't work on Elliot's favor.

Helping the girl getting another drink and later exclude himself was for sure the best plan to get out of this event, they could say due to the accident the prince had to go or an emergency happened, who he was kidding probably they were already searching for a new outfit for him to put on as soon as his little show was over, his thoughts were interrupted as the girl said she was really sorry about his clothes, by the sound of her voice it really seemed that she meant what she said "Don't worry about it, is just some clothes I don't even like them that much, to begin with" he replied noticing how everyone was paying attention to their small conversation, lying wouldn't make any wrong, is not like he could just go and say to the girl that she should pay for his clothes, he would only think about that in the meantime.

The girl introduced herself as Charlie it seemed she couldn't point out who he was, that was a first, not to be seen as the prince of Alyria for once "I'm Elliot, I'm not part of the art department, you could say I'm more of someone who is interest in art rather than an artist, so I don't think we had taken classes together" he replied politely, he wouldn't be show off that he was the prince if he could he would have already given up the title and if he didn't have it at all, he would be with Gracie still.

He looked at his watch and realized that it was almost time for his speech, but from the corner of his eyes he noticed that one of the people in charge of everything surrounded the royal family in this kind of events was coming towards him, probably they had already found another outfit for him, they really moved fast, he didn't want to bring more attention than he already received he just wanted to disappear and never been seen again "Sorry, for leaving you so soon, but there's something I have to do, it was a pleasure to meet you Charlie" he said to the girl, leaving her side.

It didn't' take long until the principal took the mic to announce that the prince of Alyria would give some words to the students and to the inauguration of the new art program. Sure it would be a surprise when Charlie found out who Elliot really was.

codebytriples

Users who are viewing this thread

Back