• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Royal Mystery (1x1 roleplay pitch)

xXx.lovely.xXx

how lovely of you to drop by
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
You're invited to a royal gala by the prince of the lands. The party is extravagant and warm and exciting, until all the lights go out and the prince is discovered to be missing. Is this a game to be played an enjoyed by the nobility, or is it a sinister plot to take down the royal family? That is yours to find out...

My apologies for the late reply. Lovely. I'll type up the introduction now.

" Here ye! Here ye! All thee who listen! Come forth fair maidens and fine gentlemen! Your prince is hosting a gala and has been gracious enough to invite the whole kingdom! Dress in your finery and arrive at the palace in a one fourth of a fortnight for a splendid night at the palace!!"
The stout man in the plaza shouted this twice more before retreating to his stagecoach. The many people that had accumulated in the plaza were abuzz.

As if in accordance, everyone rushed to the shops. Dressmakers were flooded , cobblers were swamped, and jewelers were drowning in the surge. Two women chatted as they walked by.
"I've heard that Prince Antonio is the most hansom in the entire continent!"
" And he's also charming and gentle and sweet..."
" Who do you hear that from? Certainly not the many suitors he's rejected!"
The women laughed and disappeared into the crowd.

"A gala... How splendid.", Sombra said, walking down the street, talking to herself. She had been walking the same street up and down helping traders and street carts with selling their products, and all she wanted was a break.

She rushed back home to find a dress. Sombra pulled out a lovely black cloaked dress, that looks like it hasn't been worn in ages. "I hope it fits..." She put it on, and ran out the door, locking it back. She walked back to the street, and just waited for a stagecoach to pick her up. While waiting, she watched all the hustle and bustle of the shops and cobblers and dressmakers galore, "busy as a bee!".

As evening fell, stagecoaches raced in to pick up the townspeople in all their finery. Much chatter and gossip spread around.
" A royal gala with the entire kingdom! It's almost unheard of!"
" Oh you look splendid tonight, Clarissa."
" I wonder if Prince Antonio will notice me..."
An ebony stagecoach pulled in front of Sombra. The door opened and an attractively accented voice welcomed her.
" Well hello. Looks like you are my lucky guest."
Prince Antonio flashed Sombra a charming grin. A nosy woman gasped. Prince Antonio was absolutely dashing. His raven black hair was elegantly swept back and his piercing ice blue eyes twinkled with mischief and friendliness. He wore a beautifully tailored midnight blue suit with gems sewn into the collar and lapels. His appearence was simply enchanting, thanks to his mother's, the queen (may she rest in peace), possibly magical bloodlines.

People began to notice what was going on.
" IT'S PRINCE ANTONIO!!"
The humor and friendliness in the prince's eyes was replaced with worry and annoyance.
"Hurry, please. I don't want a mob..."
" THAT GIRL IS RIDING WITH PRINCE ANTONIO!!"
" In that drab dress?"
" Black? To a royal gala?"
" That should have been me!!"

Completely shocked by surprise, she gotten into the stagecoach, and covered her face with her hands. She watched all the people from the stagecoach's window al the people that were staring at her and the prince. Sombras mind shut off for that moment cause she was absolutely embarassed and shocked that she gets to ride with prince Antonio himself!

The prince sat back as the coach door closed and sighed.
" And now I'm reminded why I don't go out much."
He crossed his ankle over his knee.
" Are you all right, miss?"

(This gives me an idea for a character that would fit in smoothly into this.)

(If you would like to jump in, you are very welcome to. Everyone and anyone could show up at that gala)

"I-I-I'm fine...", she said, still covering her face with her hands. She peeked from her hands and watched the scenery move from the window, and watched the people in the other coaches go by. After the embarrassment, she slowly moved her hands from her face and picked at the black gems on her dress.

" You're dress is quite stunning, or is that simply the way you wear it?"
Prince Antonio shot her a charming and borderline flirtatious grin.
" Well, you know me, but I do not know you. May I ask for your name?"

"I'm pretty sure, my Prince, that she is a bit overwhelmed, as most likely it will be assumed she is a paramour of yours, rather than it being coincidence," the speaker was the one controlling the steady ride of the carriage. He, like his Prince, wore a midnight blue outfit edged in ultramarine. His hair, however, was a deep, dark burgundy-auburn tone while his skin was a warm copper. His eyes, though, were a somewhat creepy shade of mercurial silver while his sclera were as black as the night sky.

His name was Kīwaha Ha'ulè.

""S-Sombra, your majesty", she quietly said, pulling her brunette hair over her face, for she was blushing red as a rose. She leaned against the wall of the carriage, still shocked.

The prince smiled warmly.
" Well, Sombra, you have a very pretty name, and you may simply call me Antonio. "
He sighed.
" I will apologize in advance, I have been called a shameless flirt..."
He winked almost playfully. A footman chimed in facetiously.
" But you'll never be tied down!"
Antonio chuckled.
" Much to the dismay of my father... but enough of me. I would like to know about you, if you would allow me."

Kīwaha Ha'ulè was quiet, humming softly, though it was inaudible to all but himself and the horses. He was quiet, yet that did not mean he was not paying attention. It was quite often that the Royalty and Nobility tended to overlook servants, never seeming to realize that more often than not, the servants were simultaneously the most dangerous threats if the owner was intolerable, yet the most staunch and loyal allies, the latter being true in the case of Prince Antonio himself.

She kept quiet, for she couldn't say anything about her family other than, "my family died. .. And I was the only child. The cause of the death was unknown..." She gave a loud but sad sigh, "but... I am good at archery, my father taught me", and she stopped, not saying anymore. Sombra moved her hair out of her face, and stared outside at the scenery.

The top spires of the palace came into view. Made of elegant white stone with gold roofs and detailing, the palace was breathtaking. It had stood on its hill for longer than anyone could remember. Some say it was built by the ancient Faeries themselves and was filled with hidden passageways and magical artifacts. Antonio looked down, the humor in his eyes snuffed out like a light.
" I am sorry for your loss."

She looked out the window and stared in awe, for she never been this far away from home. Looking at the other coaches that stopped at the palace, she quietly whispered, "oh, I'm gonna be mobbed...", and slapped her palm against her face. Sombra watched the sun setting in the distance, forgetting about what happened earlier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back