• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A retelling of one story with characters from another? (Kind of a crossover interest?)

Padraig Wax

Knick-knack Paddy-wack
Hear me out: we have a popular movie series (in my mind, I'm thinking STAR WARS but instead of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Emperor Palpatine, they are replaced by characters from another fictional property (Adora [She-Ra] and Frieza [DBZ] for example).
1596563932161.png1596564054784.png

It would still be the UNIVERSE in which everything takes place, so in the abovementioned example: Adora would be a Jedi Knight where Frieza would be Supreme Chancellor. At some point, Frieza would take over the galaxy with his Empire while taking Darth Vader (or our story's equivalent) under his wing. Prior to this, said Vader would have been found by Adora's master and eventually train the pre-Vader Vader until they actually become Vader later. (Following? I hope so)

Obviously we wouldn't be constrained to the exact story, but certain elements would have to happen: Anakin's equivalent (let's use Cyclops for this one)
1596564536948.png
Cyclops would have to fall to the Dark Side, have children with... with...

Padme... Padme...

1596564836379.png

... with YUNA! You guys get the idea, right?

But obviously these example characters wouldn't be the ones we would use ourselves. We would go through each Film as a different story, carrying over appropriate characters where needed. Cool fights with characters that may have powers outside of the norm for a Jedi (kamehameha blasts, Soul Reaper Bankai's, laser vision...) should be expected.

What do we think? I'd hope to get some interest in this.

Constructive criticism, questions, comments, concerns?

Last edited:
24 Hour Bump

Edit: If you guys have any questions or are interested, please don't hesitate to post! I see a lot of people checking it out but not saying anything!

Last edited:
I'd say this an idea I haven't really seen before,of course this means I wanna join the bandwagon.

Awesome! Glad to hear it!

Any potential characters you'd be wanting to play?

I would think it would work best if we ran from Episode 1 - 6 in order just to set the pace for the universe.

I have two ideas I'm toying with:
  • Darth Sidious = Dartz
DS.jpg
D.jpg

• Jango Fett (and therefore the clones) = Handsome Hazuki
JF.png
HH.jpg

Out of the two though, I'm leaning more towards Hazuki than Dartz at the moment.

I have two ideas I'm toying with:
  • Darth Sidious = Dartz
DS.jpg
D.jpg

• Jango Fett (and therefore the clones) = Handsome Hazuki
JF.png
HH.jpg

Out of the two though, I'm leaning more towards Hazuki than Dartz at the moment.

TECHNICALLY, you could do both. Technically.

One would just show up before the other.

I also thought of doing some interludes if it caught the popularity bug. Like Bounty Hunter between 1 and 2 or Rogue One between 3 and 4.

Just some thoughts.

I can see that the one is from Yu-Gi-Oh. Can't say I'm very familiar with the other.

I was planning ahead for Zam and thought maybe Cherri Bomb from Hazbin Hotel might work.

1597196490885.png

Last edited:
Sounds neat, if it lasted long enough would we move on to other stories once we finished star wars?

Last edited:
And last question, kind of another form of the first one, are you planning on doing other stories besides star wars, or is this just a star wars rp with no star wars characters?

Sounds neat, if it lasted long enough would we move on to other stories once we finished star wars?

Of course we could! The Matrix, Indiana Jones, anything could work!

And is star wars gonna be done first or will we all cooperate before deciding? I had an Idea for someone to be palpatine but I guess Scatterbrain Scatterbrain got dibs.

I would preferably like to do Star Wars first (this has been a huge brain-child of mine for awhile). And Scatterbrain Scatterbrain just tossed out an idea, so you can toss out your own idea for the character!

And last question, kind of another form of the first one, are you planning on doing other stories besides star wars, or is this just a star wars rp with no star wars characters?

We can do other stories after if this sort of thing catches on. But as of right now, I guess it's a Star Wars RP with no Star Wars Characters (but characters from other fictions).

Of course we could! The Matrix, Indiana Jones, anything could work!

I would preferably like to do Star Wars first (this has been a huge brain-child of mine for awhile). And Scatterbrain Scatterbrain just tossed out an idea, so you can toss out your own idea for the character!

We can do other stories after if this sort of thing catches on. But as of right now, I guess it's a Star Wars RP with no Star Wars Characters (but characters from other fictions).
Awesome I was gonna have palpatine be replaced by Fawful from superstar saga.

Padraig Wax Padraig Wax when were you going to start this? How many people were you wanting to get?

I was going to start once it drummed enough interest.

And as many as possible so we don't have to double-up on characters (though that's still fine).

I mean, the commitment needed is based solely on which character you pick. Just wanna play for a game or two? Don't play someone who has to last the entire 6 films or if you wanna play through the whole series, play someone who you can commit to for that amount of time.

But with that being said, you can't claim Han Solo for example until we actually GET to the game where Han (or Han's character rather) would appear.

So right now, let's focus ONLY on Episode 1 to make things easier for everyone.

I was going to start once it drummed enough interest.

And as many as possible so we don't have to double-up on characters (though that's still fine).

I mean, the commitment needed is based solely on which character you pick. Just wanna play for a game or two? Don't play someone who has to last the entire 6 films or if you wanna play through the whole series, play someone who you can commit to for that amount of time.

But with that being said, you can't claim Han Solo for example until we actually GET to the game where Han (or Han's character rather) would appear.

So right now, let's focus ONLY on Episode 1 to make things easier for everyone.
Okay, can I be Darth Maul replaced by Yeager from tales of vesperia?
1597238991227.png

Gonna be honest, I'm not thinking that far ahead. I'd rather focus on this one first.
Ok, i’m just asking all the questions I think of now so I don’t annoy you with them during the rp or forget them. I’ll close my mind to it for now though.

Last edited:
I can see that the one is from Yu-Gi-Oh. Can't say I'm very familiar with the other.

I had an Idea for someone to be palpatine but I guess Scatterbrain Scatterbrain got dibs.
And Scatterbrain Scatterbrain just tossed out an idea, so you can toss out your own idea for the character!
Like Padraig Wax Padraig Wax said, I was just throwing an idea out there. I don't mind you using Palpatine instead if you have an idea for him.

Ok, i’m just asking all the questions I think of now so I don’t annoy you with them during the rp or forget them. I’ll close my mind to it for now though.

Nothing wrong with asking questions! That's what it's here for. But I definitely think it's possible to try this with other things too!

And I personally like the idea of Aku as Palpatine. Definitely interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back