• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Regency Romance

SandraDeelightful

Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee
tumblr_a96c99458cf5e3e299dc2c4a2f3e114b_f9faf7a1_500.gif

Hello, everyone! After binge-watching Bridgerton several times, and going through far more Regency romances than I'd like to admit to. I roleplay MxF, and I prefer to take up the female role. I would like someone to have a decent amount of knowledge on the era, aspects of social life and customs. As much as I love being as accurate to history as possible, I don't know everything, and I don't expect you to, either. I have a few plots in mind, though I am always open to new ideas. I've italicized the role that I would like.

Plot #1
Muse A
is the child of a nobleman who disgraced his family with his marriage. When her parents did, she goes to live with his relatives, who are eager to get her married and out of their hair. Muse B is a nobleman engaged to the snobbish and entitled cousin of Muse A, only intending to marry as a business transaction. Upon meeting at a dinner party the two meet, bonding over a shared discomfort and disinterest in high society. Because of his engagement, Muse B is at Muse A's home quite a bit, and from there, their friendship blossoms into love.

Plot #2
Muse A and Muse B have longed for each other since they were young, growing up so close, and yet so far apart. Muse A is the son and heir of a wealthy nobleman, destined to take over the title and estate, marry a respectable woman, and have an heir and a spare. Muse B is the daughter of a servant in Muse A's household, destined for the same life in service as her mother. Upon her mother's death Muse B takes up her mother's position. As children, Muse A and Muse B were friends, their positions mattering little. But now that they are grown, even a friendly relationship is frowned upon. Still, that doesn't stop their feelings from getting stronger and stronger.

Plot #3
Muse A
is a shelter and naïve young lady, blissfully unaware of her father's massive gambling debts. Muse B might be a gentleman, but having been inherited an impoverished estate has led to him taking drastic measures, including taking up the cloak of a highwayman. As luck would have it, the daughter of the man who owes him a fair sum of money, Muse A, is riding past his estate, Muse B goes from theft to kidnapping, hoping to ransom her off for the money that her father owes him. However, despite both of their hopes to get this entire situation over and done with, they can't deny their growing attraction to each other.

Plot #4
Muse A
and Muse B both make wagers with their peers. Muse A is a wealthy, flirtatious and one of the Season's most desired bachelorettes, being named the diamond, known for being quite picky when actually courting. Muse B is the most notorious rake, having caused many a scandal. While at first, Muse A and Muse B stayed far apart, simply because they had little in common, they are both drawn together unintentionally by their friends out of a bed. Muse A has a wager that she can properly reform Muse B of his rakish ways. And amongst his friends, Muse B attempts to seduce the most shameless flirt who runs at the first sign of commitment. However, as their game continues on, they actually begin to grow feelings for each other.

And, finally, while it's a fairly loose idea, a regency era version of Cinderella.​

Hey I think plot 3 could be rather smashing! If you are still interested in doing that plot please send me a “hello”!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back