• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Reaper has Been Murdered

BB code or plain text?

• I'm new and I don't have a real opinion on this subject.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Yatasal

Currently on hiatus...
1522024007009.png1522023889131.pngInconceivable.

Hosanna Nix was a young reaper, fresh out of training. It was her first case.
And her last.
Reapers are immortal, and for the most part they don't run into many troubles on the job.
The need for exorcisms grows rarer and rarer as the centuries go by, and most reapers won't
even see that. And it isn't what Hosanna saw that day. Ashea was watching, but after Nellie calmed down
she knew her young apprentice could handle the rest. She began the slow flight back to the Hall of Afterlives
when she heard it. The screams. One was of the ghost, Nellie--that one wasn't uncommon.
Many people scream when they find out they're dead. But the second one...
It was the scream of a reaper, and it filled Ashea with inexpressable horror.
She rushed back to Hosanna, going as fast as she could.
She was too late.

What happened to Hosanna Nix? It is your job to find out.​

Silence filled the Forest of Shimone. The reapers had all been recalled, and everyone sat in shock as they listened to Ashea, one of the oldest reapers and best of them, tell her tale. It was impossible. Inconceivable. A reaper... murdered?

Everyone but Zane Imadi was there, listening. He was standing in his newly constructed tree, merged between his old tree and Hosanna's. There was a portrait of them, laughing together. Zane stood, staring at it, trying to remember what they had been laughing at. More than anything, he wanted to deny what had happened. It was inconceivable that a reaper Hosanna's age would die. He was the same age, and yet he hadn't faded into stardust with her. Even though fading into stardust would be far more preferable to this existence without her.

Someone knocked on his door. At first Zane ignored it, but then the door opened anyways. He turned to see Tessa standing there, a similar disbelief in her face. "Hey Zane."

"Hey Tessa... How ya holding up?"

Tessa gave a one-arm shrug. "Okay, I guess. Did you want to go to the meeting?"

"What meeting?"

"Ashea's holding a meeting between a group of reapers. They're going to find out what happened to Hosie."

Zane rubbed his face, sighing. "It ain't gonna bring her back."

"No... But it'll stop it from happening to other reapers," Tessa explained. "Ashea asked for you. You're a talented standard. You should go."

"They allowin' you to go?"

Tessa scowled. "I'll make them allow me. Hosie was my friend."

Zane nodded, and looked back at Hosanna's laughing face. He still couldn't remember what they had found so funny, but he did remember thinking how beautiful she looked when she laughed. He closed his eyes, and with a mournful heart followed Tessa to Ashea's tree.

((OOC: Okay! Here's the idea: Explain in your first post why you've been invited to Ashea's meeting. Either you know Ashea, you're outside secretly listening, or you were asked to come by someone there, or whatever you can come up with. Any problems, just PM me. Have fun!))

raven flame raven flame Dlabell9 Dlabell9 AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Shadowfall Shadowfall Eliasdagood Eliasdagood NyxDarling NyxDarling

Last edited:
Veyana stands listening to the other reaper, a strange numbness filling her. So this is what it feels like. She thinks to herself, tears slipping down her face. To have someone taken away so suddenly, without the chance to say goodbye. I’ve heard so many souls tell me what it feels like, I’ve done my best to help families through it… but now it’s me. And I don’t know what to do.

She takes a deep, shuddering breath in, not bothering to wipe the tears away, and looks up at Ashea. She will be here for the others, she must be. Sure, she’s younger than most reapers, but when it comes to grief management, she’s one of the best.

[class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; background-color:#e1dcc6; width:85%; margin: Auto; [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

image.jpg
Interacting:
N/A
[Div class="Line"][/div] Mentioned:
Yatasal Yatasal ( Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal )
[Div class="Line"][/div] Loaction:
Outside Ashea’s Tree; eavesdropping
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Riannon Serona [Div class="Line"][/div]
Rianon couldn’t believe it. A reaper, murdered. It was, unbelievable! Humans, she was used to losing human friends but a reaper....reapers don’t die randomly, especially so young. Heck, Rianon herself was young, it could’ve been her. That was a scary thought. Scarier still that Ashea was going to do something about it. Rianon stood outside the tree, listening in. And she wanted in. It was terrifying to try to find the thing or person that could murder a Reaper but it would be one hell of a time. As long as she didn’t get caught listening in she could try to help in her own way.
[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div][/div]

Last edited:
Ekko was outside of the meeting, leaning against a wall listening in. He was in shock himself to hear that someone he had just recently met and got to spend some time with died...she was one of the only people to not make him feel weird for certain ideas and beliefs on human and reaper society. She was so sweet and had the most amazing smile he could have ever seen...and now she's gone...gone...gone...that's the only thought that could go through his mind. We never really die so early in our lifetime but this is crazy...what if he was next...damn it he wishes it was him rather than her. Hopefully, he can find some clues and get some more information whether he had to force his way through the classified archives or not.

Yatasal Yatasal

((OOC: Okay, I was going to wait for the others to join but I'm wanting to start so we'll just start. raven flame raven flame Dlabell9 Dlabell9 Shadowfall Shadowfall NyxDarling NyxDarling ))

Ashea took a deep breath, and brought up a picture of Hosanna. She was reading a book, smiling at whatever she was reading. It had been painted by Hosanna herself, who was a talented artist. As well as the first murder victim in reaper history. Ashea took another deep breath and turned towards the small group of reapers. These were the ones she trusted the most, as well as some that she had heard of. She saw another two listening in, and beckoned to them.
"Oh come on in. We need all the help we can get, and it's not like this is secret," Ashea told them. Her voice was harsh, but she didn't bother to soften it. Her trainee had been brutally murdered, and it wasn't going to get any better by pretending like it didn't happen. "We all know what happened. My trainee, Hosanna Nix, was killed. This isn't possible. It shouldn't be possible. But that's what happened and I need to know what we're going to do about it. We need scholars, standards, and speakers to help. And yeah, there's a chance we'll get killed just like Hosie but I don't care. This isn't about that. Someone or something killed her. And unless we find out what, everyone we know is at risk. If we let souls go unreaped then they'll turn violent. And trust me. I've seen a whole village of violent souls. That isn't what you want to deal with. Especially not a whole planet of them. So let's get our asses down to earth and figure out what the hell killed my trainee. Who's with me?"

"I am," said Zane. He didn't say anything else, but he stood, folding his arms. Tessa stood with him, nodding to Ashea. Ashea nodded back. A few others, including Tom Harding, stood as well, nodding or agreeing to go. Ashea looked to the two standing outside the tree. "Well?"

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Veyana stands as well, tears finally running dry for now as she looks up at Ashea. She doesn’t know what good she’ll be, as one of the younger, less experienced Standards, but she’ll do whtever she can to stop others from being hurt.

Raven looked on in horror at the news of a reaper being killed "what happened exactly h-how did she......how did she die?" The gardener asked as she was apart of the meeting due to her close relationship with the dead reaper as well as having made her home and aiding her on a few missions

Ekko stood confidently and nodded in agreement to helping find out what happened, someone like Hosanna definitely didn't deserve to die so whoever or whatever did that to her was in a world of trouble.

Yatasal Yatasal

"what happened exactly h-how did she......how did she die?"
"That's what we're going to find out," Ashea said. "Alright. Let's go. It's the Redwood forest, along a path just off of Howland Hill Road. Everyone grab a bag--they have recording devices and cameras."

She floated out the tree, and headed to the portal in the center of the forest. It was a swirling mass of green energy, with a large rippling picture of the Hall of Afterlives in it. Ashea flew straight into it, and blinked. She was in the Hall, the forest behind her in another portal. She headed straight up. The entire ceiling of the Hall of Afterlives was a portal to Earth, and one just had to think of where on Earth to go and they'd arrive there. Normally standards would carry a card with the place name that they were going, and they'd repeat the place over and over as they went through the portal. For Ashea though, the place was burned into her memory. She would never forget it.

She arrived at the spot where Hosanna died, and paused, staring at the patch of burnt ground in the shape of a humanoid. It was all that remained of Hosanna. Anger boiled up inside her as she stared at the spot. This wouldn't happen again, not to any other reaper.

Tessa and Zane followed Ashea, and they arrived seconds after she did. Both were carrying the bags that Ashea said to grab. Ashea herself wasn't carrying one, but neither Zane or Tessa commented on this. Zane floated to Ashea, and bent down, his hand going through the Earth as he tried to feel the grass. He couldn't, of course; reapers couldn't touch anything on Earth that wasn't a dead soul.

"We should spread out," Tessa suggested. "See if we can find any clues."

Veyana focuses hard on the location Ashea described, and tumbles through the portal, still not used to this. She sees the burned spot on the ground, and gets on a knee, trying to see what this would have looked like in the moment based on the marks on the ground.

[class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; background-color:#e1dcc6; width:85%; margin: Auto; [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

image.jpg
Interacting:
Yatasal Yatasal
Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal
[Div class="Line"][/div] Location:
Redwood Forest; Asking a question.
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Riannon Serona [Div class="Line"][/div]
She jumped as she was caught lose in gun at the tree and noticed another had been caught with her. Holding back a chuckle she went inside and listened carefully to Ashea said. Riannon didn’t like the thought of dying so soon but, the investigation had to be done. They had to find out what happened to prevent it happening again. They were given recording devices and cameras. It reminded her of the ghost hunting show one of her human pals told her about. Hmm...maybe they could use a human in this investigation. Be nice to have some one on their side to interact with what they find. And help out. In fact if Ashea was saying the right place, she knew a human who took that road as a short cut to his home. But he was a young medium that still needed her help to harness his ability. It was better than no one?

They slipped through the portal and landed exactly where she thought they would. No doubt the young human was on the very road right now, and was very late for something “Ashea. I know this is a matter for Reapers” She approahced the woman. “But I feel a medium friend of mine will be able to help us. He is young but he is the closet nearby that can assist in touching this world and searching it for more information.” She hoped the woman would agree.
[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div][/div]

“Ashea. I know this is a matter for Reapers” She approahced the woman. “But I feel a medium friend of mine will be able to help us. He is young but he is the closet nearby that can assist in touching this world and searching it for more information.” She hoped the woman would agree.
Ashea turned sharply to the young reaper. She pursed her lips, considering this. They couldn't touch this world, and they needed to. That, and mediums had the ability to sense things that reapers couldn't detect. She'd heard it described as energies, feelings, as if the things around them were giving off emotions. That would be useful. "Go ahead. If we have other speakers here, get as many mediums and psychics that we can get. We'll need all the help we can get."

((OOC: AgWordSmith AgWordSmith I'm going to make a medium character to interact with you. Your character won't know mine. Everyone else, the new character will be in with the regular player characters. Give me a half hour or so to make them before AgWordSmith AgWordSmith posts.))

Jaela smiled a fake smile at the customer. "And here's your latte with soy milk. Do you need anything else?"
The customer shook his head and headed out. Jaela glanced at the clock. 2:50. Ten more minutes and then I'll be free to hit the library. She had found a history of the Arthurian legends that might explain why the illuminated text was in Latin, not in Old English. That and she had a paper to write that made her groan inside. The subject was a paper about the American revolution. While that would be interesting, she was given the topic of the taxes and how they affected the revolution. What she really wanted to talk about was France and Spain's involvement, which was far more interesting to her.

Jaela turned and grabbed the next coffee that her coworker Justin had made. He flashed a smile at her, and she gave him a little, awkward smile back. She knew he had a crush on her, but luckily he was too chicken to do anything about it. Which was just fine with Jaela, because the kid was barely eighteen and she was about to graduate college. She was fine with age gaps, but there was a huge gaping chasm between a college graduate and a high school graduate.

2:55. Was it close enough to count? She glanced at her manager, who was handling a customer's order. As soon as the customer was finished, she waved to her manager. "Hey Angie. Can I go?"

Angie glanced at the clock. "Sure kid. Don't forget to clock out."

"Thanks Angie, you're the best." Jaela told her, and passed Justin by, pretending not to notice when he tried to talk to her. She unlocked the computer and entered in her username and password. Do you want to clock out?

Heck yeah I wanna clock out. Jaela thought excitedly. She clicked 'yes' and grabbed her backpack. She lifted the bar and slid out, heading straight for the door. She was in such a rush she didn't notice a woman standing in front of her, talking to a younger guy. She collided with the woman, and her phone leapt out of her hand. "Oh, sorry!" She bent down to grab her phone and froze. Her senses were going all over the place, sensing a presence nearby. Someone unknown. A dead person? Here? Who died here and forgot to tell me?

She grabbed her phone, trying not to look conspicuous, when she noticed the woman's feet hovering slightly above the ground. She was the dead person? But she felt real... She was real... What was she? And how did Jaela ask that without sounding insane? She already felt people staring at her. She said sorry to the guy, and tried to head out without looking at anyone else. Whatever she is, I don't want to know.

((OOC: AgWordSmith AgWordSmith I put them in Seattle. Is that okay with you or should I change the location?))

[class=Info] Font-Family:Anonymous Pro; color:Black; padding:20px; background-color:#e1dcc6; width:85%; margin: Auto; [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

6dac6767ee949d66ab3b9dd20efb851c.jpg
Interacting:
Yatasal Yatasal
N/A
Outside the Coffee place; Confused but following along
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Justin Hyun-Ki
Riannon Serona
[Div class="Line"][/div]
Justin had just turned around after receiving his coffee from a younger guy bearing his name as well. It was always awkward to order at places, mostly because he knew he must've sounded weird when he spoke. He always got the same look. He just paid for the drink and headed home. Of course his mom would give him an eye full for arriving late but coffee was more important. As her turned he came face to face with her. The Reaper woman that has been coming around to help him with his...ability. Why now? of all places why a public one!? He started to mouth to her to wait a bit but instead Riannon was physically bumped into by the barista he caught sight of briefly before. He stood with his mouth agape, how did she do that?? The Reaper said that she couldn't physically interact with those on Earth.

Riannon turned and looked at the woman an bit widely and panicked for a moment. "Ah! another medium! Has to be. Umm, damn you might not hear me umm.." Well if they both could see her they both could follow her. The woman was getting away though!! No! Riannon acting quickly, pointing at the woman and having Justin follow Riannon to follow that gal. They were outside now and she tapped the woman's shoulder "Hey! you! stay, I need you both !" She signed and spoke so at least Justin could know what she was saying if not the both of them

Justin shrugged and followed Riannon behind the woman. He tried to get her attention as well "Hey! Miss!" He might've shouted louder that he should have but he didn't care right now about how his speech came across. They were standing outside now and the Reaper had explained she needed them both. For what, he had no clue.

image.jpg
Interacting
Yatasal Yatasal
N/A
Outside; Trying to talk to these humans
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Hey! you! stay, I need you both !
Jaela jumped when the... Whatever she was tapped her shoulder. She wanted to ignore it, but when the thing... the woman... spoke to her she sounded... Well, normal. Jaela glanced between the two of them, then gestured across the street to a small park. There were lots of old trees and benches there, and it would be a good place to talk. And figure out what the heck was going on. Jaela waited till there was no cars and then jaywalked across the street. As soon as she found a quiet, secluded bench, she sat down cross-legged and stared at both of them. "Kay what the heck are you, who the heck are you, and what the heck is going on?"

Ashea frowned. "What was that?"

She scanned the woods, and narrowed her eyes on a shadowy corner beneath a thicket of bushes. Two purple eyes glinted in the noonday sun, and she saw rippling black fur around them. Normally Ashea wouldn't pay it any heed, except it was staring right at her and her companions with a hungry look in its eyes. Ashea pointed, not losing eye contact with the creature. "There, by the small bushes. It's--"

She didn't finish her sentence before something fell on top of her, and sudden, searing pain filled her chest as she fell. She was blinded by red liquid, it was everywhere. She couldn't breathe, and that brought even more overwhelming panic to her already anxious brain. Reapers didn't breathe. Reapers didn't bleed. Reapers didn't die...

The creature, a large black cat with tentacles, tore at her chest, and it allowed Ashea to scream one final word before she saw the gold energy start to take her over, turning her into stardust.

Breathing hard, Genevi focused on his next target. The older reapers had more flavor, but the younger ones were so very very sweet... He snarled, and his other brothers and sisters approached from the surrounding forest. Mirivi was right--publickly killing a reaper did bring much more to investigate. After they were done with this pride of reapers, they would only have to wait for more. He snapped his jaws and shot himself forward, his tentacles reaching for his next victim; a young reaper bending over the burnt remains of the last reaper Mirivi killed.

Today, they would feast.

“Ashea!!” Veyana screams, her cry full of terror and disbelief. What the hell just happened? What are these things? She stares at the creature that killed her, frozen in place, before those violet eyes turn and lock with her own. It seems like a long moment to her, staring into those eyes. They’re almost beautiful. Then the moment breaks, as the creature lunges.

Veyana shrieks in fear, darting to the side, and leaping into the air, trying to get out of range of those tentacles. She can’t fight, she doesn’t know how. All she can do is run, and pray that the others follow her example.

Yatasal Yatasal

latest
Geveni snapped his tentacles towards her, but she flew away too quickly. More of his kin leapt from their hiding places in the woods, attacking the other reapers. Two more were already dead (No name characters) and others were soon to follow.

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood AgWordSmith AgWordSmith raven flame raven flame Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal y'all being attacked you better defend yourselves

Last edited:
((Ooc: been sick for a few days, no BBC for this post, sorry, and sorry about the delay in response!))

Rianon and Justin followed the woman to the lonely bench. “Well...I gues you can hear me.” The reaper made sure to sign for Justin so that both parties wouldn’t need a second explanation. “Originally I came to get my friend Justin here, who is a psnyic like you apparently are to help me. And I’m a reaper. The beings who guide lost souls but I don’t do guiding. I usually speak to mediums and help people grieve. I can’t touch this world so I needed my friend Justin here to o that for me but we found you too so yeah. You wanna help us solve a murder?” She findued the ex Mansion and held her hand out towards the woman.

Justin followed along the explanation. A murder, wasn’t his forte. “Wait. This isn’t a normal murder is it?” He signed. “If it was a human you wouldn’t be so rushed to find out what happen. It’s one of your people isn’t it?”

“Yes it is.” She admitted. “Still gonna help me buddy?”

“I guess.” He signed and sighed a bit.

“And you?” Rianon turned to the stranger in her midst and saw something..behind Jaela. It looked wrong to her, wrong and hungry. “Run.” She said. “We need to run! That thing looks like bad company!!”

Justin turned to see where she was looking. Was this something only a reaper thing or would he actually be in real danger with this crazy reaper chick and this random coffee shop lady? He would soon find out he guessed.
Yatasal Yatasal

Jaela frowned and was about to ask why they were signing--was the guy deaf?--when the reaper looked behind Jaela and saw something. Jaela was suddenly hit with an evil force, and it felt twisted and cruel. She closed her eyes and "looked" with her third eye... and saw some sort of creature directly behind her, and it was hungry.
Jaela grabbed the dude's hand and the woman's hand and booked it across the park. They got weird looks, but Jaela didn't particularly care. "You guys have any weapons?!?"

Dispalin growled as his prey rushed away. The other two... They were human. He watched them flee, then chased after them. He jumped to the trees, and reached with both of his tentacles, curious what would happen when he snagged them instead of a reaper with the poisonous claws. Dispalin felt his tentacles sink into their backs, and then he ripped them out, settling in a tree. There was no need to chase them. He only wanted to see what would happen.

Jaela stopped suddenly as something sliced into her back and ripped itself out. Her breath caught in her chest, and her eyes were wide. They were in the middle of the park, and in a more wooded section. There was no one around but then. She let out a strangled moan and fell to her knees. She then screamed, every part of her burning. She looked at her hands, and they were glowing yellow. GLOWING FREAKING YELLOW WHAT THE FREAK IS GOING ON!

Jaela's eyes widened as she stared at the female reaper... "What... What's happening!" she hissed through the pain, the burning, searing pain. She took a few more breaths, and her eyes rolled back as she collapsed.

(( AgWordSmith AgWordSmith same thing happens to Justin.))

[class=Info] Font-Family:Anonymous Pro; color:Black; padding:20px; background-color:#e1dcc6; width:85%; margin: Auto; [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

6dac6767ee949d66ab3b9dd20efb851c.jpg
Interacting:
Yatasal Yatasal
N/A
In the park ; Unconscious
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Justin Hyun-Ki
Riannon Serona
[Div class="Line"][/div]
Justin felt that slap of evil like it went and hit his cheek itself. He couldn’t quite make out what the thing looked like. He struggled with the panic rising inside him to much to really open up his extra senses. He just got, flashes or impressions before the woman grabbed his hand and took off. He started to outrun her and ends up dragged her instead of her him due to his years in track. As Rianon ran, er floated, floated ran? She went ahead of them, barely ahead but it was apparently ahead enough for that thing to sink something into his back. His hands spasmed and then all of his very being felt like it was on fire, he collapsed to the ground mouth again and muscles strained. He looked at his hand, glowing brightly and blindingly to him. Dark spots filled his vision as the pain began to be to much for him to consciously handle. It just felt like she could do nothing but watch as the humans flew and collapsed.

What should she do? She had to run...she had to help then. She couldn’t get caught by this thing. What if it was the killer? It could kill her. She didn’t know whether leaving them and saving herself would be better. It wasn’t like she could actually carry them...plus she didn’t know if touching them would do something to her too... she just found herself backing away slightly and looking around for this creature.

image.jpg
Interacting
Yatasal Yatasal
N/A
In the park; Panicking
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Last edited:
Ekko froze in shock as he seen a black cat-like creature appear from the bushes a distance away from him. 'What in the world were these..." He watched as one appeared and attacked a fellow reaper then more appeared and fell turning into stardust one after the other. He needed to get a weapon or hide...hmm maybe he could try to make it to his study and make a weapon quickly before the creatures reached him, he turned away from the creatures and quickly ran to his study and locking the doors attempting to make a high quality sword of some sort that he seen on tv.

Yatasal Yatasal

Genevi snapped his tentacles towards a reaper, but it flew away before he could sink his claws into its flesh. He growled and noted that the other reapers too had flown away. He heard a voice from the trees, an angry voice. He counted the dead reapers and found that there were only three. The rest had fled to their province. A large black cat landed besides him. Her tentacles were waving menacingly in the air, and she snapped at him. "Genevi you stubborn fool! They will go tell the others what they have seen, and we will be slaughtered!"

"You are wrong, sister," Genevi told her. "We the Variin are strong! Once we gain entry to their province we will slaughter and eat every reaper we can fit in our bellies."

She hissed at him, and was about to launch into another history lesson when they both heard a low, whistling sound. It stopped both of them, and they both obediently followed the call.

Their master was waiting.

Tessa and Zane hid behind some trees. Neither had had the presence of mind to summon a portal home, and Tessa shook her head. "I'm going home, I'm going home..." she muttered, and Zane tried to console her, telling her she was needed, but Tessa kept shaking her head. She flew out of Zane's arms and went back towards the Hall of Afterlives with the others who had fled.

Zane wasn't sure what had drawn the creatures away, but he had heard their name... The Variin. He had never heard of them though. He wasn't a scholar, and the scholar he trusted was too scared to be on Earth anymore. He couldn't say why he wasn't as petrified as the others, but it definitely had something to do with the burned bodies on the ground. He flew back towards the ground, and spotted a female reaper, one he didn't know. "Hey. Hey, it's okay. I'm Zane Imadi. What's your name?"

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal raven flame raven flame

Dispalin heard the low whistle, and he jumped to the ground, bounding after the call.

Jaela's eyes snapped open, and she sat up. Her head wasn't spinning anymore, and the pain in her back had gone away. She immediately pulled her hands to her face for inspection, but they weren't glowing anymore. She sighed with relief and turned to use a tree to help her stand.

And her hand went right through the tree.

Jaela frowned and tried again, waving her hand right through the tree's trunk. It was like her hand had become the crappy CGI in those old movies. Or bad graphics on a game. She knelt, but then she noticed that she wasn't kneeling on the ground; she was floating.

"How the freak...?" Jaela whispered, and tried to stand. But the most she could do was stretch her legs out. She couldn't figure out how to make herself vertical. "What... How... What did that thing do to me?!?!?"

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Veyana is sobbing, too scared to go back to the ground and collect the bodies, but unable to leave them. So she flies around above them, her cries of grief all she’s able to offer the dead.

She doesn’t notice Zane until he speaks to her, and she’s screams, startled into flying a few meters away before she recognizes that he isn’t a threat. She stares at him with wide eyes, focusing on making his words make sense in her frantic mind. “Veyana.” She whispers, still watching him carefully. The young Reaper is terrified of everything right now.

Yatasal Yatasal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back