• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ᴹᴬᴿⱽᴱᴸ ˢᴵᴰᴱᴷᴵᶜᴷˢ -- a realistic comicbook roleplay

fin

"all i do is finesse, man."

• ANTHONY STARK IS DEAD
    SUSAN TELLER || STAFF WRITER, DAILY BUGLE
    7e778157b036e27a434162c1943ec3ac.png

Tony Stark v. USA, 2010

October 3, 2025.

The world is in mourning at the death of Tony Stark, billionaire philanthropist. Most notably, Stark is remembered for his alter ego as the Iron Man, and his role in the Avengers.

Stark's shocking death came at the hands of the artificial intelligence known as Ultron seeking to invade and conquer the Earth. The X-Men, the Avengers, SHIELD, and the Future Foundation were all present at the scene. All were operating in tandem in hopes of vanquishing a foe that was created by two of their very own. The sentient machine was created in partnership by Mr. Anthony Stark, Dr. Reed Richards, and Dr. Hank Pym, looking to install a global failsafe that could prevent a third alien invasion, following the devastation at the hands of Asgardian deity, Loki Laufeyson, in 2012, and the crazed mutant, En Sabah Nur in 2021.

Yet, despite their best efforts, even the most brilliant minds have proven that power to that extreme spells nothing but destruction. The death count from Ultron's attack is not yet known globally, but is estimated to be in the millions.

Sokovia was the pinpoint of the destruction; the country lifted and leveled entirely with most of the rural communities and some of the major cities having been evacuated by the X-Men in SHIELD Helicarriers. Even still, millions of lives were lost there too, and the destruction can be seen from space. The world mourns Sokovia.

Stark marks the second death of a scientist-superhero after Johnny Storm's public execution at the hands of Wanda Maximoff [Scarlet Witch], among her cohorts of self proclaimed 'Brotherhood of Mutants' two years ago. Death, despair and dissolution lingers on the horizon as people mourn and rebuild. Outcry is loudest here, in New York, outside the Stark Industries building.

There is much deliberation concerning the status of Stark's wealth, and whether or not it will be passed down to the next of kin, transferred to the Avengers, or entirely donated to various charities to facilitate the long future of rebuilding. Thousands have voiced their concern that the Avengers should continue to be funded, based on the level of destruction that they have inflicted over the years.

"It just doesn't make sense," Governor Norman Osborn said at the recent press release about the city's devastation. "Keep funding the Avengers? They built the damn Robot, they destroyed our city, and we're supposed to keep supporting them? When was the last time there wasn't thousands of casualties, or millions of dollars in damage when they start stomping around? The time for heroes is over. We need to rebuild ourselves and our communities, not empower dangerous lunatics with superpowers any further."

Dr. Hank Pym, one of the founding members of the Avengers and one of the survivor's of Ultron's attack, was not available for a comment. Neither was SHIELD, the Future Foundation, any of the other Avengers, or any of the responsible parties.

In a time when we need them most, for some explanation after so many years vowing to protect the world, how could they leave us now? Speaking personally, I can see where the resistance is coming from. Maybe the time for heroes is over?

Governor Osborn is scheduled to have an emergency meeting with the President next week. After, a global conference is in the works with the United Nations to discuss amends, and next plans of action.

I vote the jokester role should be renamed the punster role. Creative, no? Lol

Falling into the vortex of Disney+ and marvel shows. This is scratching my itch badly, lmao, declaring possible interest for the caregiver or rebel.

I cannot resist.

Falling into the vortex of Disney+ and marvel shows. This is scratching my itch badly, lmao, declaring possible interest for the caregiver or rebel.

I cannot resist.
Omg, I’m totally in the same boat.

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask them! An ooc and more page coming soon!

Hmmm… this seems interesting.

yup. I am definitely interested in this. Probably either the Rebel or the Outsider. What kind of power levels are you looking for?

Hmmm… this seems interesting.

yup. I am definitely interested in this. Probably either the Rebel or the Outsider. What kind of power levels are you looking for?
As street level as possible but of course varied levels is more fun to play with. Between me and fin we’ve got a mystic and a fighter, as an example so far of characters, so that kind of balance is what seems to work best!

As long as ppl are willing to tweak and have fun! Lots of collaboration if possible.

yall think you can just drop this out of the blue??? 😩 im in. say lesssss

So I’m thinking about a character that is something like a mix of The Shadow and Marvel’s Cloak. The ability to blend into shadows and possibly teleport between them, and telepathically cloud people’s perception of him. Probably on the more brutal side with his tactics.
As street level as possible but of course varied levels is more fun to play with. Between me and fin we’ve got a mystic and a fighter, as an example so far of characters, so that kind of balance is what seems to work best!

As long as ppl are willing to tweak and have fun! Lots of collaboration if possible.

okokok how dare you make a concept this good ( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/

really leaning towards the rebel because i still have some red room code i never used buuuuut the jokester is also cool aaaa

Fin doing another Marvel RP?
Count me in!
I could resurrect a version of Cliff Barton medical student/Hawkeye for The Caregiver
Though I can't deny that I'm interested in doing something for The Professor- just not sure what or who yet

So I’m thinking about a character that is something like a mix of The Shadow and Marvel’s Cloak. The ability to blend into shadows and possibly teleport between them, and telepathically cloud people’s perception of him. Probably on the more brutal side with his tactics.
I would just keep in mind that the characters are and were “sidekicks” or mentees to various marvel heroes!

I would just keep in mind that the characters are and were “sidekicks” or mentees to various marvel heroes!
Definitely, like I said I’d kind of like to play outsider but I can build to fit, I’m spit balling different backgrounds that would work for Rebel or Outsider.

yall think you can just drop this out of the blue??? 😩 im in. say lesssss
xoxoooo 😩
Fin doing another Marvel RP?
Count me in!
I could resurrect a version of Cliff Barton medical student/Hawkeye for The Caregiver
Though I can't deny that I'm interested in doing something for The Professor- just not sure what or who yet
yessirrr galli definitely expecting an awesome character if you can! cliff barton is a fan favourite so i’m definitely interested in seeing her, or whatever else you come up with.
I’d be interested for the jokester or outsider roll.
hype to have you!

OOC coming very soon! either tonight or tomorrow!

Quick question: is it permissible to have a character that had a higher power level, but was crippled or reduced in the battle with Ultron?
I was thinking about an AI associated with Vision and Ultron, but was mostly destroyed both in hardware and software. While intelligent, they would still be trying to repair the software damage, leading to slower thought time, putting them more in the realm of humans. And physically, they can’t put together an advanced body as Osborn is probably monitoring the materials needed to make.
This isn’t a final idea. I’m just brainstorming and wanted to address a potential limit I need to apply.

I'm super impressed with this and am interested in joining.

I'm guessing, since its not first come first serve, there's no point in 'claiming' a role. Many of them spoke to me, so I'd hate to limit myself at this point.

Quick question: is it permissible to have a character that had a higher power level, but was crippled or reduced in the battle with Ultron?
I was thinking about an AI associated with Vision and Ultron, but was mostly destroyed both in hardware and software. While intelligent, they would still be trying to repair the software damage, leading to slower thought time, putting them more in the realm of humans. And physically, they can’t put together an advanced body as Osborn is probably monitoring the materials needed to make.
This isn’t a final idea. I’m just brainstorming and wanted to address a potential limit I need to apply.

Epic idea. I think based on what you’ve said, I’d give you the go-ahead to post a character like this, for sure.
I'm super impressed with this and am interested in joining.

I'm guessing, since its not first come first serve, there's no point in 'claiming' a role. Many of them spoke to me, so I'd hate to limit myself at this point.
Yeah, exactly. I understand keeping your options open. We really want to stick to the spots opened, but we’d consider expanding that number if we get exceptional characters story-wise and quality-wise.

yessirrr galli definitely expecting an awesome character if you can! cliff barton is a fan favourite so i’m definitely interested in seeing her, or whatever else you come up with.
Wahey! I'll do my dang best to deliver
Cliff is basically my go-to Marvel OC at this stage, I've already got a sort of outline brewing for what happened to her during and after the battle of Sokovia, this version is going to be a darker one I think- more Ronin than Hawkeye should she ever take up the cowl again- much more jaded and more likely than not with a severe helping of some form of PTSD
No idea yet what I'd do for the Professor, but I am a sucker for scientist character who pushes the boundaries of what they should have been doing and takes things waay too far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back